Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,881 to 8,900 of 11,903

redd214

@ThanosReXXX no worries man, hope things are heading in the right direction for you!

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Thanks. And they better...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

WebHead

So pete hines revealed on kinda funny podcast that sony has been briefing devs on PS5.

Reveal soonish?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Banjo-

La-weejee wrote:

@JoakimZ I know right. I bought the switch and my ultra 64 cartridges don’t work. What a junk this switch is 😉

LOL

Indeed. Switch can't play N64 cartridges then it's absolutely rubbish and nonsense according to Antilogic. He's a ghost running in circles around here wondering when it's a good time to repeat himself...

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

Series X is the console with the 2nd most backwards compatibility as far as we can tell (1st would be the 60GB PS3 that can play all PS1 and PS2 games). Sure it's not everything from OG Xbox and 360 but it's still a lot more than you'd usually get from backwards compatibility (just XB1 games and nothing else would be on par with normal backwards compatibility).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano Wait, Xbox Series Burgundy Potato was confirmed to support backwards compatibility for Xbox and 360 titles and Xbone as well? From the actual disks?

If that's the case, Microsoft just, seriously, caught my attention. But I'm still never using the official name.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@DarthNocturnal If it can play the games off of the original disks (or even just rips the game from the disk and runs off the storage) that just sold me on the Xbox Series Prime. I will actually get one eventually.

Any idea if Xbox Live accounts that haven't been touched in years can be recovered? I don't even remember what email I used for sure - I might not even have the e-mail account anymore. XD

Heavyarms55

@DarthNocturnal If the end result is - insert disk, download digital version of the game, install - that's fine by me - so long as I don't have to buy the game again, it's a pretty sweet deal.

Heavyarms55

@DarthNocturnal Well I'm glad I came to this thread today. I hadn't heard about this and my interest is peaked. My 360 died from unknown reasons - and I never got around to replacing it. But all my 360 and Xbox games are still in storage so I might look into this option.

Yeah, there was no damage on the 360, but I plug it in, press the power button, and, nothing. No response at all. Couldn't figure out what happened.

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Series X is the console with the 2nd most backwards compatibility as far as we can tell (1st would be the 60GB PS3 that can play all PS1 and PS2 games). Sure it's not everything from OG Xbox and 360 but it's still a lot more than you'd usually get from backwards compatibility (just XB1 games and nothing else would be on par with normal backwards compatibility).

Surely Series X will be the best. It will play 4 generations Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X.
PS3 only played 3 generations.

Or did you just mean in terms of total numbers of games, because the PS3 played every single disc, as opposed to just the compatible ones?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy It was about every PS1 game with PS3 vs. a partial selection of OG Xbox and 360 games on Series X. There are sometimes cases when a partial selection of 2 generations is better than the entirety of 1 generation but licensing issues means the total list of 360 games for backwards compatibility on Series X will never be a true representation of the 360.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yeah I'd personally prefer the partial selections, because pretty much 99% of the games I want to play tend to be covered by that.

I think there was only 1 time when I've wanted to play an Xbox 360 game and it turns out it wasn't supported.

Banjo-

Dezzy wrote:

@Grumblevolcano

Yeah I'd personally prefer the partial selections, because pretty much 99% of the games I want to play tend to be covered by that.

I think there was only 1 time when I've wanted to play an Xbox 360 game and it turns out it wasn't supported.

Same here. Also, backwards compatibility on fat PS3 is physical and that means you can lose the disc or the console breaks and you can't play the game.

@DarthNoctural It's freaking generous indeed. I "had to" buy Mario Kart 8 twice. Now I'm considering selling either the Wii U or the Switch copy. Even if I bought digital on Switch I would have to buy the ports again and they are less enhanced than the Xbox One X enhanced games. Xbox has become the user-friendliest console environment.

Banjo-

Zuljaras

@Dezzy Yeah the best games are chosen for the BC list. I only found 2-3 games that are not supported and I really want to play them. Well I do but on my 360.

1. Singularity - One of those unknown games that just made me go through it in one go. So immersive!
2. Sacred 2 - I wish they ported the game to Xbox One along with its expansion and fix the major bugs.

PS: The game Sacred 3 DOES NOT EXCIST. Why they even ported it?

Banjo-

I want Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and the Project Zero (Fatal Frame) games.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Wasn't the sequel to All-Stars Racing pretty much better in every way?

That's what I remember thinking. So they probably thought there's no need to do both.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I'd imagine Team Sonic Racing was a bigger factor as 8 of the tracks from Team Sonic Racing were from the original All Stars Racing (Whale Lagoon, Lost Palace, Roulette Road, Pinball Highway, Bingo Party, Thunder Deck, Dark Arsenal, Turbine Loop).

Grumblevolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Just so you know, this backwards compatibility feature of insert disc and download and play digital version of game has already been a thing ever since the original Xbox One, so it's not a brand new feature of series X. They're now just porting that feature onto the new console and adding even more features, to truly make it an all-in-one, multiple generation-spanning/combining box. That has always been Phil Spencer's goal.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic