Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,841 to 8,860 of 11,914

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX lol. I love that clip. Totally fits. Double points 😉

Edit. I didn’t edit my message but it says edited.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy It's just the same as now with the One S and the One X which, if we follow your train of thought, would mean that every One S version of a game is crap and only the One X version matters...
(which obviously couldn't be further from the truth)

So, it's nothing special or something to be cynical or suspicious about. There's also no need to mention the PS4, since this is about the Xbox version, obviously. All it does is to ensure that people that ARE going to buy the Series X, will get the most out of there hardware, instead of just running the last gen version on newer hardware. And that is, again, exactly how it is now with the two models we currently have. The One X will basically become the One S of the next generation, and there will be upgrades available for better hardware, much like the 4K upgrade packages that you can now also download for free on Xbox One X.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO And it couldn't be more fitting. I also could have posted this quote:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

1UP_MARIO

@ThanosReXXX nah the clip fitted much better. I’ll be using that clip a lot now thanks. 👍🏻

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO You're welcome.

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

I'm not being just generally cynical. I was specifically responding to the earlier rumour that came out a few months ago, that said the reason for the 6 months delay on the release date was because the Xbox One version was terrible.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoakimZ

How can anyone even be interested in a new console if it can’t even play a handful of 15-20 year old dancing games?

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Ah, okay. I didn't know that, so I guess I missed that particular bit of news, then. Well, in that case: my bad.

@JoakimZ Are you a mind reader? Because that's EXACTLY what ALL of us are thinking...
Oh, wait: it isn't. We're actually in here because we like Xbox and its games, NOT because we want to complain ad infinitum about games that are never going to appear on the system anyway. (and for which we've also given the same damn explanation for about a thousand times now, but apparently, it still doesn't sink in).

redd214

Guys just use the ignore button,saves you a ton of time

redd214

NEStalgia

So one company is going to be releasing a new console with new features and they're going to be at E3 when I'm watching E3 to tell me more about it!

There's another company I heard is releasing a console, too. Can't remember what it's called. I don't think it's at E3. I don't know much about it because I'm not actively looking for it, and I won't know much about it by the end of June, either. I guess I'll find out more about it via NL news article comments over the course of a few years.

@ThanosReXXX HE SAID TRAIN!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

On a different note, the new dashboard is available to everyone now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
"There's another company I heard is releasing a console, too."

Phantom ?
Google Stadia ?
Alienware ? (Switch clone)

Anti-Matter

Maaryotyme

@JoakimZ I know right. I bought the switch and my ultra 64 cartridges don’t work. What a junk this switch is 😉

Maaryotyme

Ninfan

@Grumblevolcano did the article about Xbox you posted ( I did read it but I might get a different article here ) say anything about full Xbox backwards compatibility. I read on gamesradar about this been said but I didn't read it in that article you posted with the link ?

Ninfan

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Cyberpunk confirmed to have smart delivery (free Series X upgrade).

I wouldn't expect cross-console purchases, but I wonder if they're also giving you a free copy of the game on GOG. Because that's how I read it based on that Tweet. And they're in full control of GOG.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane ...where on Earth does a GOG copy of the game fit into the logic of that tweet?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

@NEStalgia
"There's another company I heard is releasing a console, too."

Phantom ?
Google Stadia ?
Alienware ? (Switch clone)

@Anti-Matter. phantom, isn't that the one that was out
about 20 years ago ?

Ninfan

redd214

@Ralizah I've seen this take quite a few times too. It's obvious they meant specific platform (Xbox family/ps family etc) wise not in general. People just reaching at this point imo.

redd214

Octane

@Ralizah "Gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice"

I mean. Nobody is forced to buy the game on Series X, so the wording of the tweet is a bit weird. But if the message is that you shouldn't buy a game twice if you want to play it on another platform, then it should also apply to PC (GOG), no?

Octane

Zuljaras

@Octane Doesn't it mean that the game is the same for Series X but only with updated graphics etc. It is still the same game not a remaster etc.

Like Assassins Creed IV Black Flag. If you bought it on PS3 you should get it on PS4 as well. I mean they did this with the One backwards compatibility but on PS4 you had to buy the same game again.

I think it only applies to the games that are in the middle of the generation leap.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic