Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,801 to 8,820 of 11,914

redd214

Few new games coming to Game Pass

On the topic of Crackdown, I played thru 3 over a weekend with one of my neighbors. Was decent enough fun but was largely forgettable overall. Had some fun elements though hopefully makes a comeback in some firm.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Crackdown is supposed to be more of a futuristic "how your character is becoming a supercop" kinda game, with a bit of a GTA sandbox vibe, so it's not meant to be a cover shooter. I haven't played the third game extensively (only the demo, and although somewhat entertaining, I have to agree with the general sentiment about it), but I've found that the first game is actually still the best so far, and the second one is also more entertaining than this new effort. Missions in the first game were also more interesting, in my opinion. And the story, although it has always been quite thin and arcadey, at least made sense in the first game.

These first two games are still free to download from the online marketplace, if I'm not mistaken, so you could try them out, to see if you like the previous games better, or at least to get a better idea of what the game was originally like.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal There's no real need to search. On Xbox One, any and all freely available DLC of a game is automatically downloaded along with the game itself, so you'd only need to do that for DLC that you'd still have to buy.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Hm, weird. Maybe it's a setting in the console? I for one can't remember a single Xbox 360 game that I own, that hasn't automatically downloaded it's own free DLC when available. I have never had to manually select anything, unless I had to pay for it.

The size of the game you mentioned could definitely be proof of that, but you can't compare Xbox 360 game sizes 1:1, though, because with every single game, a little bit of extra data is included, because of the fact that each Xbox 360 and OG Xbox game on the Xbox One comes in a self-contained package with its own emulator (which is also the reason that you can't play them straight from the disc), but that's only a GB or so at most, and probably less.

EDIT:
Come to think of it, another factor of increased file sizes could be upscaled textures, especially on the Xbox One X.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ninfan

The new Xbox is going to be backwards compatible with all Xbox games , nice one 👍

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Maybe that's also a region-bound thing? I'm just throwing things out there, mind you. If I'm not mistaken, I've also got BF3 installed, so I'll check it out later today, just to see what I've got installed and what the file size is, for comparison's sake.

Far as Crackdown 1 & 2 is concerned: good point. I already owned them physically, so perhaps I've already downloaded that DLC before on the Xbox 360. I honestly can't remember ever having paid extra for either of these games, though, so maybe I've only got free DLC for it, if there is any to speak of, that is.

EDIT:
And you're right about additional textures. That's obviously only a thing for native Xbox One games on Xbox One X. Don't know how I got that one mixed up into this topic...

@Ninfan Erm.... that was already known from day one...
Mind you, it's not going to be backwards compatible with ALL Xbox games: only the games that are already on the backwards compatibility list of the Xbox One, they may add some more over the next couple of months, but they aren't going to add the entire catalog of the previous consoles.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal So, I've checked my own BF3 install, and what I've got, is the following:

• Battlefield 3 main game (28.8 GB)
  • Back to Karkand update (2.1 GB)
  • Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Update 6 (1.9 GB)
  • Close Quarters Update (2.4 GB)
  • Physical Warfare Pack (36.2 MB)

I also checked my purchase history, and I've never bought any of these add-ons, so they must indeed have been available for free at some point or other, otherwise I wouldn't have had them. And I also know that I personally never installed any of these components manually, so they were added once I installed the Xbox 360 version (which was already digital) on my Xbox One.

Another thing about the game that might possibly explain the large file sizes, is that files could possibly have been archived/compressed on the disc, and that the digital version has all these files already decompressed by default, to speed up loading times and such.

EDIT:

And here's my file overview for Crackdown 1 & 2:
(same rules apply: never bought anything, never manually installed anything)

Crackdown 1:

• Crackdown main game (6.8 GB)
  • Four-play Pack (16.5 MB)
  • Free-For-All Pack (10 MB)

Crackdown 2:

• Crackdown 2 main game (4.8 GB)
  • Free Deluge Pack Preview (10 MB)
  • Free Toy Box Pack Preview (10 MB)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal True enough, the point about the age of the game. And yeah, like I said, I never paid for any of it, other than actually owning the physical versions of these two Crackdown games, so I would obviously never have owned any Premium content.

Well, that is, unless it would have been free, obviously...

I actually forgot to go into the shop to see if I could either see or get extra DLC for Battlefield 3. I'll try that later on, just to see what's what. As for multiplayer: not really my thing, so if that's all that's missing, then I don't really care all that much. I've mostly played Call of Duty games and Destiny online with friends, and a bit of Crackdown, Gears of War and Halo, but other than that, I'm not really all that much into it.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ninfan

n Erm.... that was already known from day one...
Mind you, it's not going to be backwards compatible with ALL Xbox games: only the games that are already on the backwards compatibility list of the Xbox One, they may add some more over the next couple of months, but they aren't going to add the entire catalog of the previous consoles. @ThanosReXXX no it said all Xbox games where I read it

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan I'd like to see proof of that, because all we know now is that the entire WORKING backwards compatibility and all Xbox One games will be backwards compatible, so I think you've misread or misunderstood that part, or the people from that site are wrong.

In fact, the only "all" in the backwards compatible scenario is the Xbox One titles, but most definitely not all OG Xbox and Xbox 360 titles. Phil Spencer himself has already commented on that multiple times.

P.S.

You quoting me didn't go quite as planned, I see...

redd214

@Ninfan you seem to be confused.

-ALL Xbox One games will work.

-All 360/OG Xbox games that are CURRENTLY backwards compatible will work as well.

Those are the facts as we know right now directly from Microsoft themselves..

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Yup, that's exactly what I tried to tell him earlier.

redd214

Elite Series 2 deal is back on Amazon US, $160 for prime owners

redd214

Zuljaras

I am glad that my One X will still be viable and supported next to the Series X.

That will give me some time to see if they will make another Series X SKU as I prefer to have the "last" iteration of the console each generation.

Ninfan

redd214 wrote:

@Ninfan you seem to be confused.

-ALL Xbox One games will work.

-All 360/OG Xbox games that are CURRENTLY backwards compatible will work as well.

Those are the facts as we know right now directly from Microsoft themselves..

@redd214 in an article I read it just said backwards compatibility on the xbox series x was going to be awsome .so can you tell me if all original Xbox games ( I really want play the first Xbox games, they were good ) are going to work the xbox series x. I think I'd just like to think They would. Anyway I'll only buy a Xbox series x to play the new battletoads game it looks very good

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
It already said Xbox Series X Will NOT Backward compatible with All OG Xbox games.
It will only Compatible with Some OG Xbox games.

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

There is a new bundle with The Story so Far (all older games) and Kingdom Hearts III. I wonder if it will be released on Xbox too.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal I'd guess February 18th is the Season 3 start of Inside Xbox.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ninfan

Where can I buy all the original Xbox games

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic