Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 11,903

SCRAPPER392

@moomoo
Ya, but price never really mattered to alot of people, believe it or not. If I have $500 and think Wii U is the better console in terms of games I want, I'll buy the Wii U despite having enough money to buy another console.
In this sense, Nintendo was right all along about how their console is the best value, because it will have more games by the time PS4 and Xbox One release, and it has free online.
That's why the reason I gave for choosing a console is the exclusives. Nintendo will have more of their exclusives available before pretty much all of these companies, or at the same time(like this upcoming holiday), unless they're hiding stuff like Nintendo has always done.

EDIT: I just think that Sony tries hard to beat Nintendo, but never measures up to Microsoft.
Nintendo arguably has the most complex architecture in their console this gen. You can't even compare the other systems to Wii U hardware wise. You can for Xbox One and PS4, though, and Xbox One is more solid with Microsoft having more experience in OS development as well.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

AlexSays

Tis going to be a sweet day when the PS4 outsells the X1 at the end of this year, and we have to watch Scar backpedal away.

I also love how you still haven't provided one source of the Wii U's hardware being superior to the other consoles. Yet I can provide several from devs saying it isn't.

I would love to know how the world works inside that head of yours.

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

AlexSays wrote:

Tis going to be a sweet day when the PS4 outsells the X1 at the end of this year, and we have to watch Scar backpedal away.

I also love how you still haven't provided one source of the Wii U's hardware being superior to the other consoles. Yet I can provide several from devs saying it isn't.

I would love to know how the world works inside that head of yours.

Dude, you make stuff up SOOOO much.
First of all. I won't backpedal at all, even IF PS4 sells more. Why? Because sales don't always determine how much better a console is. If PS4 sales are worse, I'm guessing PS fans are still gonna like it the most.
Graphics didn't matter for PS fans back in 2000 w/ the PS2. Jump 13 years later, and look at PS fans now.
Also, I didn't say the Wii U was superior at all. I said that the architecture is completely different, which means you can't determine on any performance scale how much better OR worse it is in comparison.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

AlexSays

You said in another thread the Wii U was capable of doing anything the other consoles were doing.

Are you backpedaling on this now? Or do you still maintain that the Wii U is capable of the same graphics, physics, etc. of the other consoles? If so, please show one source. You had to have come across this magnificent knowledge somehow, why don't you share it with the rest of us?

And yes, I know. Even if the PS4 sells a ton, you'll still say its not indicative of the quality of the console and that Sony is still doomed. Trust me, I didn't envision any differently.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm actually surprised people want a PS4 at all after Microsoft bailed on their DRM and required online. There's basically no reason to want a PS4 aside from the exclusive games like Killzone, Knack, etc.
If you can't already tell, Xbox One has a better UI in terms of function, and they have WAY more announced exclusives already than Sony.
3rd party games don't count in this case, because they're not exclusive to only PS3, and Xbox One will be getting more games from PC.

EDIT: So Xbox One is getting the 3rd party games, some PC games, and its exclusives. We also knew Xbox Live would be better than PSN, and be a paid service the whole time.
When you really look at how things play out w/o jumping the gun, things didn't really play out in Sony's favor.

Wow, let's get cracking here. Maybe be because PS4 has the exclusives I want and Sony has more exclusies to announce. Sony also has Naughty Dog, a dev that MS can't really match. The PS4 is noticeably more powerful than the Xbox One. "Xbox One will be getting more games from PC." How do you know this? PS4 has even more PC like and easier to access architechure this time around. PS4 is set to get more indie games right now. We don't know that the One will have better online, from what we've seen PS4 has better and cheaper online and then you get a ton of free games with it too. PS4 is $100 less than the Xbox One too.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

AlexSays wrote:

You said in another thread the Wii U was capable of doing anything the other consoles were doing.

Are you backpedaling on this now? Or do you still maintain that the Wii U is capable of the same graphics, physics, etc. of the other consoles? If so, please show one source. You had to have come across this magnificent knowledge somehow, why don't you share it with the rest of us?

I didn't say any of what you said I did in the first sentence. I said Wii U can do voice commands and features the other consoles do via a firmware upgrade.
DRV and all that other stuff doesn't necessarily only happen the way Sony and Microsoft made it happen. There is more than one way to do things.
As for a source, you're just gonna have to understand my reasoning, or wait and see Nintendo do it themselves. Seeing is believing afterall. I'm only stating what could happen, and how.
I have been sharing my thoughts for a LONG time. The difference is whether it matters or not, and the fanboy or bias jabs I get in return show that I'm not the one that is misunderstanding anything.

Qwest

AlexSays

Yes, you're not biased at all. All of the people that repeatedly acknowledge you are are just crazy.

Well I sure hope you're around later this year so you can show me all of these Wii U games that look just like PS4 and X1 games, and all of these Nintendo updates with next gen cloud tech and voice commands. Oh, and all of the Wii U ports because you know.. you put a PS4 disc in and it becomes a Wii U disc, boom.. easy as that.

Should be an exciting year ahead for imaginative Nintendo fans.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm actually surprised people want a PS4 at all after Microsoft bailed on their DRM and required online. There's basically no reason to want a PS4 aside from the exclusive games like Killzone, Knack, etc.
If you can't already tell, Xbox One has a better UI in terms of function, and they have WAY more announced exclusives already than Sony.
3rd party games don't count in this case, because they're not exclusive to only PS3, and Xbox One will be getting more games from PC.

EDIT: So Xbox One is getting the 3rd party games, some PC games, and its exclusives. We also knew Xbox Live would be better than PSN, and be a paid service the whole time.
When you really look at how things play out w/o jumping the gun, things didn't really play out in Sony's favor.

Wow, let's get cracking here. Maybe be because PS4 has the exclusives I want and Sony has more exclusies to announce. Sony also has Naughty Dog, a dev that MS can't really match. The PS4 is noticeably more powerful than the Xbox One. "Xbox One will be getting more games from PC." How do you know this? PS4 has even more PC like and easier to access architechure this time around. PS4 is set to get more indie games right now. We don't know that the One will have better online, from what we've seen PS4 has better and cheaper online and then you get a ton of free games with it too. PS4 is $100 less than the Xbox One too.

Naughty Dog can't be touched in quality? Come on man, that's an opinion. I mean technological wise. PS is NOT more powerful. 10mb or however much is in there(they haven't disclosed how much. The 8GB of RAM is definitely not only consistent of GDRR5. If it was, PS4 would cost into the 1000's).
The Xbox One does have better online. The features they showed in May are OBVIOUSLY better than PS4's. You can splitscreen basically any function you want on the console. Do I really have to bring up the PSN lockdown?

Xbox One is more similar to a PC than PS4. If you haven't realized, Microsoft has been working with computers for well over 20 more than Sony. If any company knows anything about conputers, it's definitely Microsoft.

Qwest

DGGames

Well the XBOX ONE is certainly winning on the exclusives side. The only other console with that many exclusives at E3 was Nintendo (both have 15 announced for this year alone).

Since DRM is no longer an issue, it will be just a matter of people realizing that and hearing the news.

@Jaz007 you are wrong. The PS4 is not "more PC like". Both the PS4 and XBOX ONE use the same x86-64 architecture, however the XBOX ONE is more PC like if you wanna get into the finer details. It does share the Windows kernel with Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone, and supports full DirectX 11.1+ natively (something sony can't do without paying royalties to MS).

We already do know the Xbox LIVE infrastructure is far better and more powerful than PSN's (is just a matter of experiencing both). Not saying PSN is impossible to use, but LIVE is definitely the better one. The fact PSN will now be a paid service for multiplayer as well just proves who was on the right track all along. That money keeps the servers running and allows them to keep adding more as time goes on.

If you pay $60/year for Xbox LIVE you are dumb. Xbox LIVE subscriptions usually go for $30-$40 anywhere all the time. Also you can get months of LIVE for as low as $1 directly from the console. And since LIVE is now offering truly free games (not just rentals like PSN does), it certainly adds even more value.

Game developer and gamer.

SCRAPPER392

AlexSays wrote:

Yes, you're not biased at all. All of the people that repeatedly acknowledge you are are just crazy.

Well I sure hope you're around later this year so you can show me all of these Wii U games that look just like PS4 and X1 games, and all of these Nintendo updates with next gen cloud tech and voice commands. Oh, and all of the Wii U ports because you know.. you put a PS4 disc in and it becomes a Wii U disc, boom.. easy as that.

Should be an exciting year ahead for imaginative Nintendo fans.

It's all up to Nintendo to add those features. Not me. We'll see, bro. Also, ya, I'll be here discussing things as usual, no matter what turn these companies take.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Naughty Dog can't be touched in quality? Come on man, that's an opinion. I mean technological wise. PS is NOT more powerful. 10mb or however much is in there(they haven't disclosed how much. The 8GB of RAM is definitely not only consistent of GDRR5. If it was, PS4 would cost into the 1000's).
The Xbox One does have better online. The features they showed in May are OBVIOUSLY better than PS4's. You can splitscreen basically any function you want on the console. Do I really have to bring up the PSN lockdown?

Xbox One is more similar to a PC than PS4. If you haven't realized, Microsoft has been working with computers for well over 20 more than Sony. If any company knows anything about conputers, it's definitely Microsoft.

Even if the GDDR5 doesn't only conssist of that, some of those gbs of ram are more powerful and then the PS4 still has 2 more gbs of ram available for games. The PS4 also has 50% more GPU than the Xbox One, it is most certianly more powerful and it has been confirmed by multiple sources and is fact that it more powerful. You can splitcreen skype, that's irrelavant to the games social online. Has it been confirmed that you can take over for another player across the internet with the Xbox One? I don't think it has. It is not obviously better. Will One games be playable while they download, will they all have a demo? By your logic about MS being in computers longer means that if anybody knows something abot game consoles between MS and Sony it's Sony because they have been the business longer. And what PSN lockdown are you reffering to? Are you talking about the big hack? That happened a long time ago and Sony has learned from it. If it does count that the 360's famous failure rates come in to play as well.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

DGGames wrote:

Well the XBOX ONE is certainly winning on the exclusives side. The only other console with that many exclusives at E3 was Nintendo (both have 15 announced for this year alone).

Since DRM is no longer an issue, it will be just a matter of people realizing that and hearing the news.

@Jaz007 you are wrong. The PS4 is not "more PC like". Both the PS4 and XBOX ONE use the same x86-64 architecture, however the XBOX ONE is more PC like if you wanna get into the finer details. It does share the Windows kernel with Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone, and supports full DirectX 11.1+ natively (something sony can't do without paying royalties to MS).

We already do know the Xbox LIVE infrastructure is far better and more powerful than PSN's (is just a matter of experiencing both). Not saying PSN is impossible to use, but LIVE is definitely the better one. The fact PSN will now be a paid service for multiplayer as well just proves who was on the right track all along. That money keeps the servers running and allows them to keep adding more as time goes on.

If you pay $60/year for Xbox LIVE you are dumb. Xbox LIVE subscriptions usually go for $30-$40 anywhere all the time. Also you can get months of LIVE for as low as $1 directly from the console. And since LIVE is now offering truly free games (not just rentals like PSN does), it certainly adds even more value.

My bad about it being more PC like. It is however, easier to develop for. PSN had improved a lot with the PS4. What you know only applies to the current gen, not next gen system online you haven't used. The games offered with Gold right now are very old and not nearly as new or frequent with as many as with PS Plus, it hasn't been confirmed XB Live gold will be giving you games at launch for the One like Plus has for PS4. PSN will have many more features that don't require Plus than One will without Gold and how does MS requiring a subscription for online play first affect anything? It's better than Sony didn't do it in previous gens. You act like you want to pay for online.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

@Jaz007
I'm aware of each consoles advantages, and why doesn't the game business contribution work in the Wii U vs. PS4 argument? The spliscreen skype IS relevant. If anything, it's better, because you can skype with any device that is running skype.
I'm sure PS4 can splitscreen skype, too, but they haven't shown it, which is what I get grief about in regards to the Wii U when I say it can do something it hasn't blatantly shown.
I'm sure the PS4 will handle some sort of other feature(like other OS on the PS3) that the others won't, but that doesn't matter to alot of people.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

DGGames

Good job pulling numbers out of your asses, sony apologists. "50% more GPU" doesn't even make sense, and "2 more gbs of ram" is also completely unfounded.

There are 2 reasons why gaming PCs don't use GDDR5 for all their RAM:

1. Is way more expensive than DDR3
2. For everything but the GPU, it is no better and actually worse in many ways than DDR3

So the PS4 using GDDR5 for all of it is not necessarily a good thing. Sony will most likely be taking a loss on the system for quite a while, and games won't really benefit from it, since graphics aren't getting such a great benefit from the GDDR5's extra GPU-specific enhancements.

As I said, only Xbox LIVE has actual free games. PS+ so far has only been a rental service: you only play while you pay. If you stop paying, you lose the games, which isn't the case with Xbox LIVE: you can pay $1 for a single month, and keep the 2 free games from that month forever and redownload and use as many times as you want.

They have also confirmed XBOX ONE supports remote play through Skype: You can play local multiplayer, or your single player games, with anyone using Skype. That means your PC, Laptop, Mac, Tablet, etc. Just plug in a controller, connect to Skype and game away. You can also use it to let your friends see what you are playing and share an experience with them.

Game developer and gamer.

mookysam

Yesterday afternoon Xbox live went down for a while. I laughed because it made me appreciate how completely and utterly unworkable Microsoft's original policy was.

PS. Sony's first party output is excellent.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm not pulling numbers outnif my rear. I've got proof. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_has_a_si...

I believe that, but it won't give any other advantage over the other consoles and what they all can do, besides a feature that will be transparent for many consumers.
This is PS3 all over again with the other OS feature. Hardly anyone bought a PS3 to run Linux.
Did you buy a PS3 to run Linux?

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

mookysam wrote:

Yesterday afternoon Xbox live went down for a while. I laughed because it made me appreciate how completely and utterly unworkable Microsoft's original policy was.

Does your internet suck? Serious question.

Qwest

mookysam

SCAR392 wrote:

mookysam wrote:

Does your internet suck? Serious question.

No, dear, Xbox live was down. Not my internet. I'l let you join the dots.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic