Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 881 to 900 of 1,723

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

881. Posted:

A couple of hotties at the moment, shattering Amazon pre-order records.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/21/xbox-one-playstation-4...

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

882. Posted:

I can't figure out how any gamer can defend used game blockings. :| You're the consumer, you should want options.

1. Used games weren't a problem for decades until a few years ago they all of the sudden started "destroying the industry".
2. If Gamestop hurts the industry, why do publishers keep signing deals with them?
3. Used game blocks would make any out of print games cost a fortune, good luck playing the classics.
4. Most people who sell their games use it to buy new games
5. Many people who buy used do so because they couldn't afford new anyways
6. People will not want to put money into new games (Especially new IP's) if they have no resale value
7. Why do no other industries complain about used sales? If Gamestop is the bane of gaming, yard sales are the bane of dozens of industries.
8. Competition is good for the consumer. Used games create competition.
9. Why would anyone want to give money to publishers who don't want them to own their games?
10. Game companies go out of business because of bad business and bad games, not used sales.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Varia01

883. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

I can't figure out how any gamer can defend used game blockings. :| You're the consumer, you should want options.

1. Used games weren't a problem for decades until a few years ago they all of the sudden started "destroying the industry".
2. If Gamestop hurts the industry, why do publishers keep signing deals with them?
3. Used game blocks would make any out of print games cost a fortune, good luck playing the classics.
4. Most people who sell their games use it to buy new games
5. Many people who buy used do so because they couldn't afford new anyways
6. People will not want to put money into new games (Especially new IP's) if they have no resale value
7. Why do no other industries complain about used sales? If Gamestop is the bane of gaming, yard sales are the bane of dozens of industries.
8. Competition is good for the consumer. Used games create competition.
9. Why would anyone want to give money to publishers who don't want them to own their games?
10. Game companies go out of business because of bad business and bad games, not used sales.

Very true. All of this, so right.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

884. Posted:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125261-Adam-Orth-To...

Thank this person, for he kept the train-wreck going! Alright!

This time, it's fascist sounding! Amazing.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

885. Posted:

"Mob Rules: The Destructive Power of Opinion and Online Community."

That's a pretty amazing title. Apparently he thinks we should all shut up and let Microsoft do whatever it wants to us!

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

DGGames

886. Posted:

he did have a point. Almost everyone keeps everything online nowadays anyways, at least the people that have $400+ to spend on a gaming console.

I mean all it takes is to have a cell phone and you can have internet almost anywhere.

Either way, there is nothing to complain about anymore. They changed the DRM, so idiots would stop complaining.

Edited on by DGGames

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

887. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

he did have a point. Almost everyone keeps everything online nowadays anyways, at least the people that have $400+ to spend on a gaming console.

I mean all it takes is to have a cell phone and you can have internet almost anywhere.

Either way, there is nothing to complain about anymore. They changed the DRM, so idiots would stop complaining.

The concern isn't with the consumer's internet connection, it was with Microsoft's servers.

If they couldn't handle the strain, if they got hacked or DDoS attacked and went offline then the consumer wouldn't be able to play their games.

Diablo 3 and Sim City are prime examples of this happening, not to mention the PSN hacking scandal a few years ago.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

DGGames

888. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

DGGames wrote:

The concern isn't with the consumer's internet connection, it was with Microsoft's servers.

If they couldn't handle the strain, if they got hacked or DDoS attacked and went offline then the consumer wouldn't be able to play their games.

Diablo 3 and Sim City are prime examples of this happening, not to mention the PSN hacking scandal a few years ago.

That was sony, this is Microsoft.

They have been running Xbox LIVE for over 10 years now, and in that time not only has not been any big hacking problems (aside from people falling for phishing and crap like that) and only 1 big downtime back during the Halo 3 launch (and they have been increasing their server capacity regularly). This isn't the company's first foray into an online infrastructure for a single player game or anything like that. There is no reason to believe XBOX LIVE would magically become like PSN and have regular downtime lasting over 24 hours and server issues all the time.

And Xbox LIVE did get DDoS-attacked a couple times, not a single time did the service go completely offline (parts of the service, like the store and website, did, but online multiplayer and the basic log in were unaffected)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

889. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

That is the dumbest Argument I've ever seen. Governments around the world get hacked, yet I guess somehow Microsoft is impervious to hacking? Gee, too bad they don't use their super anti-hacking programs/technology to use on the computers they sell that get hacked all the time.:|

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DGGames

890. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

DGGames wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

That is the dumbest Argument I've ever seen. Governments around the world get hacked, yet I guess somehow Microsoft is impervious to hacking? Gee, too bad they don't use their super anti-hacking programs/technology to use on the computers they sell that get hacked all the time.:|

The only computers they sell are the Surface RT and Surface Pro. For everything else, they just make the OS and Office software, for which they release regular updates. The problem is most government and companies don't usually update on an everyday basis. In the interest of time, they only update their software a couple times a year at most, just as was the case with sony, who had software with known vulnerabilities on their servers and had data stored in plain text.

They are not impervious to hacking, but certainly do a much better job at securing their network than others have done. Certainly having an OS that has been under constant attack all the time helps to keep your defenses up.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

891. Posted:

I'm actually surprised people want a PS4 at all after Microsoft bailed on their DRM and required online. There's basically no reason to want a PS4 aside from the exclusive games like Killzone, Knack, etc.
If you can't already tell, Xbox One has a better UI in terms of function, and they have WAY more announced exclusives already than Sony.
3rd party games don't count in this case, because they're not exclusive to only PS3, and Xbox One will be getting more games from PC.

EDIT: So Xbox One is getting the 3rd party games, some PC games, and its exclusives. We also knew Xbox Live would be better than PSN, and be a paid service the whole time.
When you really look at how things play out w/o jumping the gun, things didn't really play out in Sony's favor.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

moomoo

892. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm actually surprised people want a PS4 at all after Microsoft bailed on their DRM and required online. There's basically no reason to want a PS4 aside from the exclusive games like Killzone, Knack, etc.
If you can't already tell, Xbox One has a better UI in terms of function, and they have WAY more announced exclusives already than Sony.
3rd party games don't count in this case, because they're not exclusive to only PS3, and Xbox One will be getting more games from PC.

EDIT: So Xbox One is getting the 3rd party games, some PC games, and its exclusives. We also knew Xbox Live would be better than PSN, and be a paid service the whole time.
When you really look at how things play out w/o jumping the gun, things didn't really olay out in Sony's favor.

Um, isn't the PS4 $100 cheaper? That seems like a really good reason to veer in Sony's direction. Plus, if one isn't interested in many of the One's exclusives, then that also seems like a reason.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

893. Posted:

@moomoo
Ya, but price never really mattered to alot of people, believe it or not. If I have $500 and think Wii U is the better console in terms of games I want, I'll buy the Wii U despite having enough money to buy another console.
In this sense, Nintendo was right all along about how their console is the best value, because it will have more games by the time PS4 and Xbox One release, and it has free online.
That's why the reason I gave for choosing a console is the exclusives. Nintendo will have more of their exclusives available before pretty much all of these companies, or at the same time(like this upcoming holiday), unless they're hiding stuff like Nintendo has always done.

EDIT: I just think that Sony tries hard to beat Nintendo, but never measures up to Microsoft.
Nintendo arguably has the most complex architecture in their console this gen. You can't even compare the other systems to Wii U hardware wise. You can for Xbox One and PS4, though, and Xbox One is more solid with Microsoft having more experience in OS development as well.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

894. Posted:

Tis going to be a sweet day when the PS4 outsells the X1 at the end of this year, and we have to watch Scar backpedal away.

I also love how you still haven't provided one source of the Wii U's hardware being superior to the other consoles. Yet I can provide several from devs saying it isn't.

I would love to know how the world works inside that head of yours.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

895. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Tis going to be a sweet day when the PS4 outsells the X1 at the end of this year, and we have to watch Scar backpedal away.

I also love how you still haven't provided one source of the Wii U's hardware being superior to the other consoles. Yet I can provide several from devs saying it isn't.

I would love to know how the world works inside that head of yours.

Dude, you make stuff up SOOOO much.
First of all. I won't backpedal at all, even IF PS4 sells more. Why? Because sales don't always determine how much better a console is. If PS4 sales are worse, I'm guessing PS fans are still gonna like it the most.
Graphics didn't matter for PS fans back in 2000 w/ the PS2. Jump 13 years later, and look at PS fans now.
Also, I didn't say the Wii U was superior at all. I said that the architecture is completely different, which means you can't determine on any performance scale how much better OR worse it is in comparison.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

896. Posted:

You said in another thread the Wii U was capable of doing anything the other consoles were doing.

Are you backpedaling on this now? Or do you still maintain that the Wii U is capable of the same graphics, physics, etc. of the other consoles? If so, please show one source. You had to have come across this magnificent knowledge somehow, why don't you share it with the rest of us?

And yes, I know. Even if the PS4 sells a ton, you'll still say its not indicative of the quality of the console and that Sony is still doomed. Trust me, I didn't envision any differently.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

897. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

When you really look at how things play out w/o jumping the gun, things didn't really play out in Sony's favor.

Wow, let's get cracking here. Maybe be because PS4 has the exclusives I want and Sony has more exclusies to announce. Sony also has Naughty Dog, a dev that MS can't really match. The PS4 is noticeably more powerful than the Xbox One. "Xbox One will be getting more games from PC." How do you know this? PS4 has even more PC like and easier to access architechure this time around. PS4 is set to get more indie games right now. We don't know that the One will have better online, from what we've seen PS4 has better and cheaper online and then you get a ton of free games with it too. PS4 is $100 less than the Xbox One too.

Currently playing: Batman: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, 007 Blood Stone and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

898. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

You said in another thread the Wii U was capable of doing anything the other consoles were doing.

Are you backpedaling on this now? Or do you still maintain that the Wii U is capable of the same graphics, physics, etc. of the other consoles? If so, please show one source. You had to have come across this magnificent knowledge somehow, why don't you share it with the rest of us?

I didn't say any of what you said I did in the first sentence. I said Wii U can do voice commands and features the other consoles do via a firmware upgrade.
DRV and all that other stuff doesn't necessarily only happen the way Sony and Microsoft made it happen. There is more than one way to do things.
As for a source, you're just gonna have to understand my reasoning, or wait and see Nintendo do it themselves. Seeing is believing afterall. I'm only stating what could happen, and how.
I have been sharing my thoughts for a LONG time. The difference is whether it matters or not, and the fanboy or bias jabs I get in return show that I'm not the one that is misunderstanding anything.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

899. Posted:

Yes, you're not biased at all. All of the people that repeatedly acknowledge you are are just crazy.

Well I sure hope you're around later this year so you can show me all of these Wii U games that look just like PS4 and X1 games, and all of these Nintendo updates with next gen cloud tech and voice commands. Oh, and all of the Wii U ports because you know.. you put a PS4 disc in and it becomes a Wii U disc, boom.. easy as that.

Should be an exciting year ahead for imaginative Nintendo fans.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

900. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Wow, let's get cracking here. Maybe be because PS4 has the exclusives I want and Sony has more exclusies to announce. Sony also has Naughty Dog, a dev that MS can't really match. The PS4 is noticeably more powerful than the Xbox One. "Xbox One will be getting more games from PC." How do you know this? PS4 has even more PC like and easier to access architechure this time around. PS4 is set to get more indie games right now. We don't know that the One will have better online, from what we've seen PS4 has better and cheaper online and then you get a ton of free games with it too. PS4 is $100 less than the Xbox One too.

Naughty Dog can't be touched in quality? Come on man, that's an opinion. I mean technological wise. PS is NOT more powerful. 10mb or however much is in there(they haven't disclosed how much. The 8GB of RAM is definitely not only consistent of GDRR5. If it was, PS4 would cost into the 1000's).
The Xbox One does have better online. The features they showed in May are OBVIOUSLY better than PS4's. You can splitscreen basically any function you want on the console. Do I really have to bring up the PSN lockdown?

Xbox One is more similar to a PC than PS4. If you haven't realized, Microsoft has been working with computers for well over 20 more than Sony. If any company knows anything about conputers, it's definitely Microsoft.

$¢@®³’²