Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,741 to 8,760 of 11,903

Ralizah

Microsoft bought Ninja Theory, right? This looks interesting. Curious to see more.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Octane

That looks pretty neat. The close up face reminded me of that girl from Hellblade. Same person?

Octane

Dezzy

If those were in-game graphics, then maybe raytracing is gonna be a bigger deal than I thought. Nothing on the current consoles gets close to that.

Octane wrote:

The close up face reminded me of that girl from Hellblade. Same person?

The woman who it's based on does actually work full-time for the company, so seems likely.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ralphdibny

Are halo and halo 2 for the original Xbox backwards compatible? I thought they were because I swear I saw them available digitally on the shop but I was going to buy a physical copy. Looking today, I can't seem to find anything about them being backwards compatible. I know I can get the remastered version on master chief collection but I was hoping to play them with the original graphics.

See ya!

JoakimZ

@ralphdibny I think they are compatible with 360, but not One.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Justifier

Yeah, Halo CE and Halo 2 are not backwards compatible, but as Darth says, MCC allow you to play with original graphics.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Banjo-

With the View button.

Banjo-

ralphdibny

@JoakimZ @DarthNocturnal @justifier @BlueOcean thanks all, maybe I'll try it out on gamepass then and see what it's like. I did a tiny bit of research and it seemed the original graphics mode takes the updated visuals from the PC version rather than the Xbox version (they look quite different in comparison pics). Aparrently halo 2 has some issues with cut scenes not playing in their entirety in original graphics mode too. Anybody know anything about that or if they patched it to fix it?

See ya!

Banjo-

I think that the original graphics are somehow ugly and I don't mean old or retro but gloomy and grey. I prefer the new visuals.

Banjo-

ralphdibny

@BlueOcean fair enough, I'll give them a look. I think as the game play is the same I'd rather play them original graphics first and remastered at a later date if I get into them enough. If it was a straight up remake then I probably wouldn't be as fussed. It's downloading now so I'll probably find out what I prefer in 5 days when it finishes lol (,slow internet)

See ya!

Banjo-

@ralphdibny Good thing we have old and new graphics in the same compilation.

Banjo-

Justifier

@DarthNocturnal
Is it launch model, or S or X?

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

ralphdibny

I'm about half way through the first Halo now. I definitely prefer the "original" graphics. I switch to the new ones sometimes to see the difference but to me at least, the old graphics just have a lot more character to them. It's like they took some key points to keep the same but completely redesigned all the walls and flooring which makes it look alot more generic. Also I like looking up to the opposite end of the halo without having clouds obscure my view!

See ya!

Tasuki

@redd214 Not exactly a great line up. The one I am most excited for is Battlefront which I still have yet to replace since my disc cracked.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

redd214

@Tasuki yeah with most of the good 1st party games and a ton of great 3rd parties on game pass now, really wouldn't expect too many bangers coming to GWG anytime soon. And though I'm sure it would cause immediate backlash, honestly wouldn't be surprised if they stopped GWG at some point and just pushed everyone over to Game Pass even morseo than they already are.

redd214

Tasuki

@redd214 My co-worker and I were actually just talking about that the other day. He was saying that it seems since Gamepass came out GwG has been a let down and that honestly they should just get rid of it.

Obviously like you said the backlash would be huge because all those people who sign up for Good to get "free games" would blow up the internet with their posts. I wouldn't be surprised if for the Xbox Series X they do away with GwG and just offer different levels of Gold Subscription, like 9.99 a month for Online access and the. 14.99 a month for Online access and Gamepass or something along those lines.

Now it just seems that GwG is used as a platform for games that didn't sell well but devs had high hope for.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

redd214

@Tasuki yup exactly. I'm sure both Gold and PS plus will both be quite different next generation

redd214

Tasuki

@redd214 I agree. I also had a thought that maybe GwG/PS+ games might be a game(s) you get to stream for free for that month only. But yeah I definitely can see them changing next gen.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic