Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 861 to 880 of 1,413

AuthorMessage

Varia01

861. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Its HAWT
Untitled

It's COLD. I hope this is happening in Japan with the Wii U....

Edited on by Varia01

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

862. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

That adam Orth bloke who got fired prior to the 21st century event seems to be having a public meltdown.

https://twitter.com/orth_adam

There seems to be a bit of reality-denial going on.

"Glad I left MS when I did.. They just got ******"

Yeah, sure, YOU left THEM. Rolls eyes

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

mookysam

863. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Microsoft said it was planning to let people connect their 360 to their Xbox One. Not ideal, but it's still better than anything offered by the PS4 backwards-compatibility-wise.

How so? You'd still need the bulky 360 switched on under the TV with the game disc spinning. It's really no different to keeping a PS3 under the TV.

Only instead of plugging a HDMI cable into the TV you're plugging it into the Xbox One.

mookysam

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

864. Posted:

mookysam wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Microsoft said it was planning to let people connect their 360 to their Xbox One. Not ideal, but it's still better than anything offered by the PS4 backwards-compatibility-wise.

How so? You'd still need the bulky 360 switched on under the TV with the game disc spinning. It's really no different to keeping a PS3 under the TV.

Only instead of plugging a HDMI cable into the TV you're plugging it into the Xbox One.

Well you also get the Xbone overlay on top of the 360 by plugging it into the system. If that's your thing.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

banacheck

865. Posted:

Sony's PS4 way of getting backwards capability is a lot better as it's full backwards capability, PSOne, PS2, PS3. Other than that just keep your PS3/360.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

866. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Sony's PS4 way of getting backwards capability is a lot better as it's full backwards capability, PSOne, PS2, PS3. Other than that just keep your PS3/360.

Last time I checked, PS1/PS2/PS3 backward compatibility was through Gaikai (online stream).
Judging from OnLive, it won't very good.

AuthorMessage

Varia01

867. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Last time I checked, PS1/PS2/PS3 backward compatibility was through Gaikai (online stream).

No good backwards compatibility for the PS4 either? Darn.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

868. Posted:

mookysam wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

It is a less troublesome set-up if you want both of the systems hooked up simultaneously.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

869. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

banacheck wrote:

No good backwards compatibility for the PS4 either? Darn.

Hopefully Sony and Gaikai have mastered quantum mechanics and have finally got game streaming to work as intended, but I wouldn't bet on it.

AuthorMessage

Kaabiitorori

870. Posted:

Speaking of meltdowns… Cliff Bleszinski joins the battle!

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/bleszinski-predicts-publisher...

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/21/my-money-is-on-the-pc-mobile-...

Looks like his efforts to be recruited on Microsoft by praising the DRM policies absolutely failed.

Kaabiitorori

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

871. Posted:

Kaabiitorori wrote:

Looks like his efforts to be recruited on Microsoft by praising the DRM policies absolutely failed.

I got this from the second article. “I’ve said before if I worked at Microsoft I would not only POSITIVELY motivate users to go digital but also offer their own trading system in which they give you MORE money for your game than Gamestop and sell the used games for LESS than Gamestop. Include a Netflix style mailing system and move along your merry way by engaging the customer as opposed to treating them like criminals."
Can anybody make some sort of sense from this, cause I'm scratching my head right now. How does this fit with his "no used games ideals"?

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

872. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

Kaabiitorori wrote:

I got this from the second article. “I’ve said before if I worked at Microsoft I would not only POSITIVELY motivate users to go digital but also offer their own trading system in which they give you MORE money for your game than Gamestop and sell the used games for LESS than Gamestop. Include a Netflix style mailing system and move along your merry way by engaging the customer as opposed to treating them like criminals."
Can anybody make some sort of sense from this, cause I'm scratching my head right now. How does this fit with his "no used games ideals"?

I think his problem with used games is that all of the money given goes to the one selling it. If Gamestop sells a game for $30 used, they make way more money than if it was $30 new. If his plans were taken into account, then people would be interacting in a used-game ecosystem where some of the money goes to Microsoft and the publisher, like it would with a new game. Plus, it would be a better place for used game trading due to treating the customers better through better prices (according to him).

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

873. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Kaabiitorori wrote:

I think his problem with used games is that all of the money given goes to the one selling it. If Gamestop sells a game for $30 used, they make way more money than if it was $30 new. If his plans were taken into account, then people would be interacting in a used-game ecosystem where some of the money goes to Microsoft and the publisher, like it would with a new game. Plus, it would be a better place for used game trading due to treating the customers better through better prices (according to him).

Oh I see, I read "I've said before, if I worked at Microsoft" as "I've said before I worked at Microsoft" which is why I was confused.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

874. Posted:

Kaabiitorori wrote:

Why woud he need to be recruited by Microsoft? Dude is a millionaire who's been in the business since he was a teenager. I disagree with CliffyB, but lets be honest whenever he decides to come back to active devopment his game will be funded by the higest bidder.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

875. Posted:

The new Killer Instinct seems good.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Kaabiitorori

876. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

In other words: he is not happy with the way used games are currently established and he prefers to see a certain degree of control over these while, of course, profiting even while you are harming consumers and traditional gaming stores alike, pretty much.

Sony_70 wrote:

Why woud he need to be recruited by Microsoft? Dude is a millionaire who's been in the business since he was a teenager. I disagree with CliffyB, but lets be honest whenever he decides to come back to active devopment his game will be funded by the higest bidder.

Before Microsoft pulled back their ‘always-online’ and anti-used games DRM, Cliffy was pretty much agreed with their ideals; he even slammed Sony for their lack of used games blockers and he coined it as a free PR tactic. To me, that pretty much sounded like he wanted to gain a place in the company sooo bad. Now that Microsoft has finally shown some common sense, this guy totally lost his own.

This champ is known for being a total big mouth, and while most of his creations were undeniably good, it’s impossible to agree with much of the stuff he says. This one, in particular, is top class:

You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people.
https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/statuses/344937445953007616

As you pointed out, the guy is a millionaire. But here comes the thing: on such state, I don’t think he’s got the right to come up with such a statement after profiting millions with the Gears of War series. Also, to his statement, there is an effective solution: lower their budgets. I don’t think developers need rocket science to know a game doesn’t necessarily need to be akin to Hollywood productions while encouraging for more ambitiously creative projects to stand out in the market.

All I am saying is: Cliffy should not come up teaching how to deal with business and most importantly how to treat consumers while riding his precious Lamborghini.

Edited on by Kaabiitorori

Kaabiitorori

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

877. Posted:

Kaabiitorori wrote:

moomoo wrote:

In other words: he is not happy with the way used games are currently established and he prefers to see a certain degree of control over these while, of course, profiting even while you are harming consumers and traditional gaming stores alike, pretty much.

Sony_70 wrote:

Before Microsoft pulled back their ‘always-online’ and anti-used games DRM, Cliffy was pretty much agreed with their ideals; he even slammed Sony for their lack of used games blockers and he coined it as a free PR tactic. To me, that pretty much sounded like he wanted to gain a place in the company sooo bad. Now that Microsoft has finally shown some common sense, this guy totally lost his own.

This champ is known for being a total big mouth, and while most of his creations were undeniably good, it’s impossible to agree with much of the stuff he says. This one, in particular, is top class:

You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people.
https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/statuses/344937445953007616

As you pointed out, the guy is a millionaire. But here comes the thing: on such state, I don’t think he’s got the right to come up with such a statement after profiting millions with the Gears of War series. Also, to his statement, there is an effective solution: lower their budgets. I don’t think developers need rocket science to know a game doesn’t necessarily need to be akin to Hollywood productions while encouraging for more ambitiously creative projects to stand out in the market.

All I am saying is: Cliffy should not come up teaching how to deal with business and most importantly how to treat consumers while riding his Lamborghini.

I saw the bombcast with Cliffy and Jon Blow on it from last week. I totally understand where Cliffy as a gamer creator is coming from though, while I disliked the 24 DRM check, I wouldn't disagree that Microsoft's intentions to used games weren't better for the industry overall.

Also lowering budgets while helping development won;t necessarily help the problem with used games. Even if we got rid of explosive budgets (which I think were going to see this generation as everyone moves to internally developed engines), it doesn't change the fact that used games sales are still a large chunk of money pubs and devs aren't seeing. Plus Budget is relative, Jounry wasn't a game with a massive budget but it still nearly and would killed thatgamecompany if the game wouldn't have become the breakout hit it was.

I do agree with you that Cliffy really doesn't have much leeway to talk about expensive budgets seeing as the gears games were financed by Epic's unreal engine and Microsoft's money. Plus while being a problem used games rarley effect AAA franchises like the Marios, Gears, Halos, and Uncharteds of the world.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

878. Posted:

Car manufacturers don't get a cut of used cars sales, why should game publishers/developers?

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

879. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Car manufacturers don't get a cut of used cars sales, why should game publishers/developers?

I'm not saying they should but if you have the tech to enforce it why not. Also the indusrties aren't really similar.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

RR529

880. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Not that I agree with it, but I think the argument is that used game sales hurt the game industry more than other used markets hurt their respective industries.

Games used to be priced based on how much they cost to produce (technically advanced games like Super Mario Kart & Donkey Kong Country cost between $80-$100 when they first released due to their cutting edge tech), but nowadays, despite games costing more than ever to produce, devs aren't allowed to charge more than $60 (due to that underpricing, they can't make enough profit unless a game is a smash hit), so they have no choice but to target second hand sales, or hit the consumer with DLC.

Again, not saying I agree with it, but I can understand where they're coming from.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!