Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,501 to 8,520 of 11,903

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano Then they are giving extra points for narrative elements/single-player content yet not deducting any for mediocre gameplay or performance. Besides, I don't agree with you since Nintendo struggles with narrative elements, Breath of the Wild is a mess. Nah, Nintendo and Sony get extra points for being Nintendo and Sony and Mario and Zelda get extra points for being Mario and Zelda. Moreover, Microsoft not only has "games as service" if you mean online-only games like Sea of Thieves. When the new Xbox studios release the new games we'll see how they are received, hopefully positively if they're good.

Banjo-

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
Say.... You played a lot Ratchet games. 😀
I want to ask about Ratchet PS3 games.
Can i revisit the previous places post-game if i want to explore some hidden locations or want to upgrade my weapons by leveling them up or just want to wandering around and shoot random things ?
I heard Quest for Booty was very Linear (Once you finished the game, you will return to the latest Save position after Credit roll)

Anti-Matter

redd214

@BlueOcean how is it possible to think they've "abandoned" the ps4 lol. Game of the generation caliber God of War was just 18 months ago followed by Spiderman. Death Stranding just came out, Dreams is in February, and one of the most anticipated games of the generation (not by me personally) LOU2 is next spring, Nioh 2, FF7R for a year, and Ghosts in the Summer. Not even including VR and smaller titles, the last 2 to 3 years of the ps4 will have brought a multitude of great games. Admittedly some of those aren't in my personal wheel house but I can appreciate them nonetheless. The assertion that they've someone closed up shop and moved completely onto the 5 is a bit hyperbolic imo.

redd214

Banjo-

@redd214 But most of those are third-party, not Sony's, some of them already announced as PC and/or Xbox releases. Yeah, The Last of Us II is the highlight I'd say but it wasn't meant for 2020, it has been delayed forever. Of course it's not like Nintendo that basically killed Wii U years before the Switch released.

Banjo-

redd214

@BlueOcean The Last Of US 2 has only been officially delayed once chief. Everything from both sides pretty much comes to PC nowadays in some way so that's a moot point and only one of those I listed is coming to Xbox. Sonys handling of the end of the ps4 Era is night and day to the Wii/U.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean A game can have a single player yet still be Games as a Service for example Halo 5. The new maps and modes were free for everyone because a microtransaction system was implemented.

@redd214 I think @NEStalgia was on about PS4 kind of being like Wii U second half of 2015 onwards, still getting games but very few new announcements if any. For Wii U, after E3 2015 the only new announcements were Twilight Princess HD and Paper Mario Color Splash.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@NEStalgia I just checked and I've got about 60 games on PS4, and roughly 25-30 of them are exclusive. Maybe not the collection most people on forums have, but I don't have the time to play any more games, I'm barely able to finish around 10 games a year. Don't know how other people do it!

Anyway, I don't really care about metacritic scores. Sure, I read a review or two, but that's usually after I've made my purchase. It's a risk I'm willing to take, just like how I'd buy the new 3D Mario game based on a single trailer. The thing is, I love single-player action/adventure games; and that's pretty much most of Sony's output, so most of their games appeal to me. It's that simple really. And I know I can safely buy their games without being overwhelmed with micro-transactions like you'd find in a Ubisoft game for example, and I know they're not broken like a Fallout 76. I really don't think there's more to it than it.

Octane

redd214

@Grumblevolcano by the end of 2015 the Wii U was already a dead man walking. While I can agree there haven't been a ton of new OMG announcements, the quality/quantity of the games released is incomparable to that of the U's swan song.

redd214

Octane

@Grumblevolcano I think that's because, about two years ago, we already knew about most of the current and upcoming PS4 games. Maybe not the best strategy if you want to reveal new games all the time, I agree, but they can't do much about that. Unless you would've liked them to reveal PS5 games during E3 2018 for example. I think we can all agree that that wouldn't be a good strategy either.

The Wii U got releases as well, but I distinctly remember 2016 being quite barren, but maybe because Color Splash and Star Fox Zero weren't up to my tastes. 2016 was basically the wait until BOTW.

Octane

MsJubilee

redd214 wrote:

Game of the generation caliber God of War was just 18 months ago

Now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. God of War was fine, but I don't think it's "Game of the generation" material.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia You're right I don't own an Xbone X prime ultra version 3. But I did own the original Xbox and 360 alongside PS2 and PS3 and didn't find much that I liked better really. I do prefer the 360's controller to the Dualshock but not enough to sell me on buying an Xbone. I have my Switch and PS4 and at this point I don't see myself buying a PS5 or an Xbox Deluxe platinum version Kai-2. I think I'll be going PC-Switch from now on. Those small things you describe might be enough to sell you and all the power to you, but they don't really interest me.

The most fun thing about Xbox for me now, is making jokes about their ridiculous naming patterns.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter insomniac mostly only makes linear games with specific stages with the exception of Spiderman and sunset overdrive. Iirc, all the ratchet games are stage based, BUT your save files carry over so you can still play towards 100%.

@redd214 if you're including 3rd party games, GBA hasnt been abandoned either MS has been releasing system features, promotions, services, etc this whole time for x1. Sony pretty much left ps4 frozen in time, killed all promotions, marketing, and yes, while they have games coming out that they promised years ago, they seem silent, dump and run, get them out of the pipeline affairs without any real corporate effort behind it. They didn't even bother showing up to E3.... Even Nintendo's WiiU marketing was legendary compared to the last year of PS4. And there still a year to go! I'm a Vita fan. I know what it feels like when Sony leaves in the morning, and this is definitely that

@Octane 30 exclusives? I have most exclusives, including 3rd party like persona, and that's certainly not my count!

@Heavyarms55 if you were already using pc you were already gaming on Microsoft's platform. For some reason pc players never seem to get that. They want xbox to be something other than pc and claim xbox doesn't interest them and they just go back to their windows (x) box . That's what xbox is... Think of it as Surface GAMING Edition. It's a slick compact windows gaming machine like surface is for productivity.

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia That's quite the stretch. It's like saying my Sony TV and Playstation are the same thing just cause they are made by the same company and have some overlapping features.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 not really. That's quite literally what an xbox is. It's not like a tv and console made by the same company. It's literally intended as a shared ecosystem. That's why GP ultimate is a thing. The only difference is you're locked to Windows Store instead of shopping Steam and Epic etc. But it's definitely "surface gaming edition" essentially.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@redd214 I didn't say the opposite of what you say and I didn't say that Wii U and PS4 were the same either. Also, God of War game of the decade? LOL The fact that The Last of Us II, a game that has been in development for many years, is finally released in 2020 doesn't mean what you think.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

redd214

BlueOcean wrote:

@redd214 and I didn't say that Wii U and PS4 were the same either.

BlueOcean wrote:

I also feel like Sony has abandoned PS4 somehow and Nintendo well, Nintendo did the same with Wii and Wii U.

Perhaps I misinterpreted that.

Anyways, Kohls has the X back down to black Friday prices if anyone is in the market for one. NBA 2k bundle is $350 right now and you get $70 in Kohls cash (gift cards) to spend.

Also if you don't mind buying used with no case, Redbox is ceasing their game rental service and are selling a bunch of games on the cheap. Fallen order for $25, COD for $30, Borderlands 3 for $17,some great prices and definitely some profitable opportunities in there!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Banjo-

@redd214 I also said "Of course it's not like Nintendo that basically killed Wii U years before the Switch released" if you are going to quote me.

The way I see it, Sony is focused on PS5 exclusively in a similar way that Nintendo focuses on their next console. It's ridiculous to name third-party games as proof of Sony's support. If it wasn't for Microsoft I doubt that PS5 would even be backwards compatible with PS4.

Banjo-

Octane

@BlueOcean The thing with PS5 backwards compatibility is that there's no reason to not implement it. PS2 could run PS1 games. And early versions of the PS3 could run PS1/2 games. The reason is because 1 and 2 shared the same architecture. PS3 literally contained PS1/2 hardware to be able to do that. And it was part of the reason why the PS3 became so expensive (they later ditched the BC when the price drop happened). With PS4 they changed to much more common x86. So no BC, unfortunately, and adding older hardware would only increase the price, leading to a PS3 situation. With PS5 however, there's no reason to abandon the x86 architecture, so no reason to not have BC with PS4. Same is true for Xbox; the Series X will have native BC with Xbox One games, because there's no reason not to.

GameCube, Wii and Wii U are a similar story; same architecture, all BC. Though the Wii U and later versions of the Wii couldn't play GCN games because they weren't able to handle the smaller discs; they can still run the code natively however.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic