Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 841 to 860 of 1,709

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

841. Posted:

That adam Orth bloke who got fired prior to the 21st century event seems to be having a public meltdown.

https://twitter.com/orth_adam

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

842. Posted:

Great news. Still not going to buy one any time soon.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

843. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

What a moving decision. You inspire me.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

banacheck

844. Posted:

DGGames
no region locking, and unlike PS4?

erh you've made a mistake there as there is no region locking on the PS3, PS4, as far as i know the Wii U & Xbox One are region locked.

It good Microsoft has changed some of it's policys but for some the damage has already been done, 2 of my mates who where hardcore Xboxers are still going to buy a PS4. One of them said after this he'll never support Microsoft again, i don't mind as i can play online with them without having to leave my house now.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

845. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

DGGames
no region locking, and unlike PS4?

erh you've made a mistake there as there is no region locking on the PS3, PS4, as far as i know the Wii U & Xbox One are region locked.

It good Microsoft has changed some of it's policys but for some the damage has already been done, 2 of my mates who where hardcore Xboxers are still going to buy a PS4. One of them said after this he'll never support Microsoft again, i don't mind as i can play online with them without having to leave my house now.

Xbox One is region free. Technically PS4 uses some DirectX code, thus he'd be supporting Microsoft by proxy anyway.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

846. Posted:

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

What a moving decision. You inspire me.

Good to hear. You can have a gold star!

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

847. Posted:

No region locking is huge. They were set to not support Poland, which would have caused major backlash from CD Projekt Red fans (of which there are a decent amount..) and of course Polish people. lol

Now they can play The Witcher 3 with the rest of us.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

848. Posted:

@rayword45 XB one, as in XBoxone... Without x or the second o.

I like XONE, pronounced ZONE.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

849. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

so now that the DRM is no more, what are people going to complain about?

An exclusives library that rivals the Wii U's (same number of games, completely different genres for it), same DRM stance as Wii U (plus no region locking, and unlike PS4, no Publisher-dictated anti-used games DRM support either), etc..

When did they announce online passes wouldn't be allowed?

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

850. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

An exclusives library that rivals the Wii U's (same number of games, completely different genres for it), same DRM stance as Wii U (plus no region locking, and unlike PS4, no Publisher-dictated anti-used games DRM support either), etc.

Also, pirates and terrorist groups in south America that sell counterfeit games are seriously celebrating the news. One more gen they will have a steady income in.

I'm impressed that you apparently have this deep intelligence connection with South American video game-obsessed terrorist groups.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

851. Posted:

I think, ultimately, this is some sort of victory for gaming in general. There has been such a vocal pushback against DRM that things really do seem to be changing. Nintendo has, obviously, remained pretty the way things have always been, but we just saw Sony reject it at E3 and now even Microsoft is backing away. On the PC front, sites like GOG.com that sell PC games free of DRM are becoming more popular, and there are even rumors that Steam is working on a way to allow you to lend your games to friends and such. All in all, I don't view any of this as a bad thing. Of course, ALL of this is subject to change at any moment, but for the time being, regardless of how you feel about Microsoft, I think this is nice.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

852. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

An exclusives library that rivals the Wii U's (same number of games, completely different genres for it), same DRM stance as Wii U (plus no region locking, and unlike PS4, no Publisher-dictated anti-used games DRM support either), etc..

I still don't like the Kinect. I also don't don't like how clouded the interface will be with adverts (judging off of how it is for the 360), also £429.

I can probably get over the Kinect in time, I hated motion controls at first but after using Motion Plus controllers and the PS Move, they've significantly grown on me. Kinect could do the same.

The £429 price tag will drop eventually, so that won't be an issue.

However, the adverts on the dashboard are not something I will easily swallow (again). With each subsequent update the 360 received, the amount of ad space on the dashboard increased.
When I'm already paying a premium for service (XBL), I shouldn't have adverts crammed down my throat every time I boot up the console.

All that said, the games are what sell a console to me. If the Xbone has some really great exclusive, I will likely buy one. Just like I did with the 360, PS3, Wii U, PS2, GC, N64, Dreamcast, PS1, SNES, Megadrive and NES before it.
Right now, I'm not seeing much on either side of the fence (Xbone/PS4) that screams "BUY ME!".

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

853. Posted:

This is excellent news. I'm glad to see that Microsoft saw how wildly unpopular its decisions were before it was too late. Now to decide if I'm going to preorder....

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

854. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

This is excellent news. I'm glad to see that Microsoft saw how wildly unpopular its decisions were before it was too late. Now to decide if I'm going to preorder....

I'm still gonna wait it out a bit and see. If something like this could happen, who knows what might happen in the nearly six months between now and release?

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

banacheck

855. Posted:

Microsoft should listen to, Lateef "we the people"

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

856. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

I'm still gonna wait it out a bit and see. If something like this could happen, who knows what might happen in the nearly six months between now and release?

This really isn't "great news" at all. Does this really convince you guys to buy their crap all of a sudden? The thing with a, always online connection is that it gives Microsoft complete control over you. There are only disadvantages in an always online system, look at simcity, so why did they want to force it upon us? Purely because Microsoft wants all the power, same goes for not being able to sell your games. Don't fall for their changes all of a sudden now that they realize that you won't buy their console. Once people have bought it, they'll come up with something new to tie you to them. I'm never ever going to buy a console by microsoft again.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

857. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Honestly, I probably will wait just to see what games are available in the launch window. I always kinda feel like a sucker buying a system at launch and then getting annoyed at the lack of games.

Miss_Dark wrote:

This really isn't "great news" at all. Does this really convince you guys to buy their crap all of a sudden? The thing with a, always online connection is that it gives Microsoft complete control over you. There are only disadvantages in an always online system, look at simcity, so why did they want to force it upon us? Purely because Microsoft wants all the power, same goes for not being able to sell your games. Don't fall for their changes all of a sudden now that they realize that you won't buy their console. Once people have bought it, they'll come up with something new to tie you to them. I'm never ever going to buy a console by microsoft again.

Does it convince me to buy their system? I don't see why not, since they've reversed the two policies that were keeping me from the system. You can play fortune teller all you want but unless I see something to convince me otherwise I'm back on board.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Varia01

858. Posted:

Wait, are you guys and gals saying that has been better announcements about the Xbox One? I still doubt I'll buy it, since it lacks backwards compatibility and highly-paid online subscriptions.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

859. Posted:

I'll admit it, the lack of backwards compatibility is a bit of a punch to the danglers but I guess I can always just keep my old 360. My living room is going to be sooooooo cluttered.

-President John Adams

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

860. Posted:

Microsoft said it was planning to let people connect their 360 to their Xbox One. Not ideal, but it's still better than anything offered by the PS4 backwards-compatibility-wise.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah