Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 11,903

Phatosaurus

DGGames wrote:

so now that the DRM is no more, what are people going to complain about?

An exclusives library that rivals the Wii U's (same number of games, completely different genres for it), same DRM stance as Wii U (plus no region locking, and unlike PS4, no Publisher-dictated anti-used games DRM support either), etc..

I still don't like the Kinect. I also don't don't like how clouded the interface will be with adverts (judging off of how it is for the 360), also £429.

I can probably get over the Kinect in time, I hated motion controls at first but after using Motion Plus controllers and the PS Move, they've significantly grown on me. Kinect could do the same.

The £429 price tag will drop eventually, so that won't be an issue.

However, the adverts on the dashboard are not something I will easily swallow (again). With each subsequent update the 360 received, the amount of ad space on the dashboard increased.
When I'm already paying a premium for service (XBL), I shouldn't have adverts crammed down my throat every time I boot up the console.

All that said, the games are what sell a console to me. If the Xbone has some really great exclusive, I will likely buy one. Just like I did with the 360, PS3, Wii U, PS2, GC, N64, Dreamcast, PS1, SNES, Megadrive and NES before it.
Right now, I'm not seeing much on either side of the fence (Xbone/PS4) that screams "BUY ME!".

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

The_Fox

This is excellent news. I'm glad to see that Microsoft saw how wildly unpopular its decisions were before it was too late. Now to decide if I'm going to preorder....

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

rallydefault

The_Fox wrote:

This is excellent news. I'm glad to see that Microsoft saw how wildly unpopular its decisions were before it was too late. Now to decide if I'm going to preorder....

I'm still gonna wait it out a bit and see. If something like this could happen, who knows what might happen in the nearly six months between now and release?

rallydefault

banacheck

Microsoft should listen to, Lateef "we the people"

banacheck

The_Fox

rallydefault wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

I'm still gonna wait it out a bit and see. If something like this could happen, who knows what might happen in the nearly six months between now and release?

Honestly, I probably will wait just to see what games are available in the launch window. I always kinda feel like a sucker buying a system at launch and then getting annoyed at the lack of games.

Miss_Dark wrote:

This really isn't "great news" at all. Does this really convince you guys to buy their crap all of a sudden? The thing with a, always online connection is that it gives Microsoft complete control over you. There are only disadvantages in an always online system, look at simcity, so why did they want to force it upon us? Purely because Microsoft wants all the power, same goes for not being able to sell your games. Don't fall for their changes all of a sudden now that they realize that you won't buy their console. Once people have bought it, they'll come up with something new to tie you to them. I'm never ever going to buy a console by microsoft again.

Does it convince me to buy their system? I don't see why not, since they've reversed the two policies that were keeping me from the system. You can play fortune teller all you want but unless I see something to convince me otherwise I'm back on board.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

FireMario887

Wait, are you guys and gals saying that has been better announcements about the Xbox One? I still doubt I'll buy it, since it lacks backwards compatibility and highly-paid online subscriptions.

FireMario887

The_Fox

I'll admit it, the lack of backwards compatibility is a bit of a punch to the danglers but I guess I can always just keep my old 360. My living room is going to be sooooooo cluttered.

-President John Adams

Ralizah

Microsoft said it was planning to let people connect their 360 to their Xbox One. Not ideal, but it's still better than anything offered by the PS4 backwards-compatibility-wise.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

FireMario887

Sony_70 wrote:

Its HAWT
Untitled

It's COLD. I hope this is happening in Japan with the Wii U....

FireMario887

Ralizah

Sony_70 wrote:

That adam Orth bloke who got fired prior to the 21st century event seems to be having a public meltdown.

https://twitter.com/orth_adam

There seems to be a bit of reality-denial going on.

"Glad I left MS when I did.. They just got ******"

Yeah, sure, YOU left THEM. Rolls eyes

mookysam

Ralizah wrote:

Microsoft said it was planning to let people connect their 360 to their Xbox One. Not ideal, but it's still better than anything offered by the PS4 backwards-compatibility-wise.

How so? You'd still need the bulky 360 switched on under the TV with the game disc spinning. It's really no different to keeping a PS3 under the TV.

Only instead of plugging a HDMI cable into the TV you're plugging it into the Xbox One.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Phatosaurus

mookysam wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

How so? You'd still need the bulky 360 switched on under the TV with the game disc spinning. It's really no different to keeping a PS3 under the TV.

Only instead of plugging a HDMI cable into the TV you're plugging it into the Xbox One.

Well you also get the Xbone overlay on top of the 360 by plugging it into the system. If that's your thing.

banacheck

Sony's PS4 way of getting backwards capability is a lot better as it's full backwards capability, PSOne, PS2, PS3. Other than that just keep your PS3/360.

banacheck

Phatosaurus

banacheck wrote:

Sony's PS4 way of getting backwards capability is a lot better as it's full backwards capability, PSOne, PS2, PS3. Other than that just keep your PS3/360.

Last time I checked, PS1/PS2/PS3 backward compatibility was through Gaikai (online stream).
Judging from OnLive, it won't very good.

FireMario887

Phatosaurus wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Last time I checked, PS1/PS2/PS3 backward compatibility was through Gaikai (online stream).

No good backwards compatibility for the PS4 either? Darn.

FireMario887

Ralizah

mookysam wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

It is a less troublesome set-up if you want both of the systems hooked up simultaneously.

Phatosaurus

Varia01 wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

banacheck wrote:

No good backwards compatibility for the PS4 either? Darn.

Hopefully Sony and Gaikai have mastered quantum mechanics and have finally got game streaming to work as intended, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Jaz007

Kaabiitorori wrote:

Speaking of meltdowns… Cliff Bleszinski joins the battle!

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/bleszinski-predicts-publisher...

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/21/my-money-is-on-the-pc-mobile-...

Looks like his efforts to be recruited on Microsoft by praising the DRM policies absolutely failed.

I got this from the second article. “I’ve said before if I worked at Microsoft I would not only POSITIVELY motivate users to go digital but also offer their own trading system in which they give you MORE money for your game than Gamestop and sell the used games for LESS than Gamestop. Include a Netflix style mailing system and move along your merry way by engaging the customer as opposed to treating them like criminals."
Can anybody make some sort of sense from this, cause I'm scratching my head right now. How does this fit with his "no used games ideals"?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

moomoo

Jaz007 wrote:

Kaabiitorori wrote:

Speaking of meltdowns… Cliff Bleszinski joins the battle!

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/bleszinski-predicts-publisher...

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/21/my-money-is-on-the-pc-mobile-...

Looks like his efforts to be recruited on Microsoft by praising the DRM policies absolutely failed.

I got this from the second article. “I’ve said before if I worked at Microsoft I would not only POSITIVELY motivate users to go digital but also offer their own trading system in which they give you MORE money for your game than Gamestop and sell the used games for LESS than Gamestop. Include a Netflix style mailing system and move along your merry way by engaging the customer as opposed to treating them like criminals."
Can anybody make some sort of sense from this, cause I'm scratching my head right now. How does this fit with his "no used games ideals"?

I think his problem with used games is that all of the money given goes to the one selling it. If Gamestop sells a game for $30 used, they make way more money than if it was $30 new. If his plans were taken into account, then people would be interacting in a used-game ecosystem where some of the money goes to Microsoft and the publisher, like it would with a new game. Plus, it would be a better place for used game trading due to treating the customers better through better prices (according to him).

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic