Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,341 to 8,360 of 11,903

Dezzy

Lol I don't think Japanese people like Xbox anyway, regardless of the name.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX it's like the coating on a phone screen. I'm not keen on taking a safety pin to it to test it, but in grateful it's there for the occasional desk edge scrape

@redd214 Wow. Phil's penchant for names even more confusing than Nintendo's continues unabated . That's not confusing with XBox One X at all!

The design is.... Interesting. It's almost like a gaming cube or something...

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

The best parts for me are the recommitment to backwards compatibility and the announcement of cross-generation entitlements for Xbox Game Studios games. At least what I understand about the second point is for example buy Halo Infinite XB1, get Halo Infinite Xbox Series X for free?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MsJubilee

This new Xbox fridge looks like a PC. I hope the PS5 doesn't look like this. I guess I'll wait for the Xbox Series X Slim that'll come a few years after Series X releases.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Dezzy

MsJubilee wrote:

This new Xbox fridge looks like a PC.

Looks exactly like my air purifier.

BruceCM

Eh, I don't mind the name & it looks a lot like my PC, so that's fine.... It'll be far more about the games & there'll be at least some colour options available by the time I'd get it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

Given that they're still saying Halo will be cross-gen, I doubt I'll get this console for quite a few years. Unless they surprise us with some insane exclusives.

Ryu_Niiyama

Since you can lay it flat my size concerns about the XSX have been alleviated. That being said given the reveal this has moved firmly to a "not before 2023 purchase". with the gap between this box and pc shrinking and since i think ill keep game pass..I'll likely be better suited to just upgrading my pc (doesn't really need it but why not). So far the only perk for me is the possibility that I can put my 360 and xbox one in a box.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yeah, indeed. I guess we're just going to have to trust it's there, instead of actually crash-testing it...

Liking the midi tower Xbox Scarlett, erm... series X design, by the way. Also "liking" all the idiotic comments about people complaining where to put it, because they apparently missed that you can also lay it on its side. Stay golden, peoples of the interwebs...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

First they give us the xbone, then the xbox sad, now the xbox sex.

It's like they're telling a story.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Hadn't seen that, @ThanosReXXX.... I'll be weird & have it standing, though There'd be room for it either way on the bottom shelf with my desk, so that's certainly not a problem for me

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Yup. First it was alone, then it became sad, then it had sex, so the next Xbox will probably be the Xbox Family, or Xbox Unity, or Xbox Multiply...

@BruceCM It's not in the trailer, but it was mentioned afterwards, in interviews. Multiple sources are already mentioning it. The disc slot will be in the top left position when the console is placed horizontally.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Xbox Sex ?? 🤣
It should be the 6th generation of Xbox.

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Eel LOL. I thought we already went through that with XBone?

@ThanosReXXX The design is cool enough, but I still can't help but laugh at the garbage Nintendo took for the Cube and now XBox comes out with.....a cube-type design as the next big thing.

The name however is just dumbfounding. First Xbox, then Xbox 360, then XBox 1. Then the 1S. Then the 1X. (Do you have any Xbox One Xes in stock? No, not S, X. Nono, I said X. Like Xanadu...no, not roller skates. XBox 1 X!

And how they could fix that, and they instead went with XBox Series X. Thing better tie in with X1X heavily like we initially thought, considering it sounds like the same name with similar design language. Why not XU?

WiiU: No longer the worst named console.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia From what I saw, and what funnily enough is also said by the writer of the article that I just posted in my previous comment, the design is all about power. The GameCube's design obviously was not, so that comparison is a bit faulty.

Microsoft needed a big box to put all the power in, and a sleek, flat design probably didn't suffice for several reasons, tech-wise, so they went with the midi-tower design. Otherwise they would more than likely not have chosen this form factor. It's not like they haven't been thinking this through well enough, unlike what some people already seem to think.

EDIT:
The name actually also makes sense, if you retrace all that Phil Spencer has said about it. They wanted to unify the platform, bring all generations together, and not alienate current gen owners, so they're now all combined in the family of consoles that is the X-series. It'll probably take some getting used to, but I'm betting that it's going to grow on people, once the meaning and intent of Phil's philosophy starts to sink in...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic