Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,241 to 8,260 of 11,903

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, that actually is what he himself had said, previously, that there would be two models and/or options. One for the supporter/fan of streaming or all digital, and one for the more traditional console gamer, with physical media. It seems like plans are or have been flip-flopping a bit, but apparently, the two versions rumor is active again. Here's the original article about it, and the latest news on it:

https://www.dualshockers.com/xbox-scarlett-disc-drive/
https://www.dualshockers.com/xbox-scarlett-two-models-discles...

So, basically, we're looking at Scarlett versions of the Xbox One SAD and the One X. Well, for now at least, until they flip-flop again...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

hmm, I feel kinda bad seeing all the negative comments for games for gold for this month while I'm super excited for Toy Story 3 and Castlevania.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah... complaining about things, even if you're practically getting them for free and which you, on top of it all, don't HAVE to download if you're not interested in them, seems to be all the rage nowadays...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I think for Scarlett two models, Anaconda = Xbox One Super X (console to tv only) while Lockhart = PSP Super Go (handheld possibility)

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

So who is planning on getting Scarlett on launch? Apologies if this is an old topic to ask, but I'm still trying to decide if I want an X or just wait and get Scarlett in 2 years and sell my xbone (I never buy sony or ms systems on launch, for me its a poor ROI).

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Not gonna get one at launch, but I'm definitely getting one. If you're wondering whether or not to invest in an X or wait for Scarlett, then I would go for the latter. With what we know now, it's fully compatible with the entire Xbox One catalog AND every backwards compatible title so far released on Xbox One, so couple that with the new games and you'd have a true multi-generational machine.

Then again: if they bottom-price the X right before they launch Scarlett...

BruceCM

I'm hoping my XB1 will keep me going until Scarlett has been out awhile, so she's going on sale & has pre-owned versions available ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Justifier

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

So who is planning on getting Scarlett on launch? Apologies if this is an old topic to ask, but I'm still trying to decide if I want an X or just wait and get Scarlett in 2 years and sell my xbone (I never buy sony or ms systems on launch, for me its a poor ROI).

It depends if I have the money.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

redd214

@Ryu_Niiyama a new/good condition X can be had for $300 or even less now, and obviously less if you sell the Xbox you got now. If you're going to wait for the Scarlett may as well upgrade now on the cheap. Personally wont be getting a Scarlett at launch if ever courtesy of Xcloud but will be getting the other one next November!

@Justifier you got a year to save up, you can do it!!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Ryu_Niiyama

hmm, perhaps I'll see closer to launch. I'll have moved by then so I'll have a tv again and more reason to game at home. I guess it’s the lull before the storm and I don't feel like there are any big projects in the pipeline to make me want to jump asap. I have Gamepass (which is such a wonderful thing if you have ok internet) so for now that is giving me more than enough of a backlog. I don't know...a small part of me wants to save to invest in redoing my gaming comp. I am looking forward to seeing the controller design though. The Xbox 360/Xbone controllers are so versatile. Love them on pc... and the arcade stick compatibility that they bring.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama You're welcome.

Grumblevolcano

A Game Awards 2019 trailer went live and there's a part of the Halo Infinite Discover Hope trailer from E3 2019 in it (1:37). Looks like we may not have to wait until E3 2020 to get more info.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Belated response, but it depends a little on how well they hype it and if there's any superlative features come E3 time. I don't think I'll get it at launch, but if it has some reason to do so, or an unexpectedly good price tag I could be convinced to bite. It depends how lively Switch's landscape looks at the time, as well.

(Also, off-topic, but FYI before you left on your hiatus there was a joke that totally went over your head, I don't recall what it was, but you misunderstood, thought I was a jerk, and I tagged you to clarify just at the moment NL decided to go down and break the notifications for a day, meaning you never got it...by then I didn't want to tag you again since you were going radio silent so I figured I'd clarify that whenever you returned )

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Appreciate it. I cleared all notifications anyway since I didn’t want to necro topics. Plus I wasn’t sure if I was coming back anyway. Honestly after migrating to my new Switch I’m going to sit out the new twins for a while I think. No one I know personally is an avid gamer so there isn’t a push to keep up to discuss the hardware. Also I don’t feel inclined to joining another online community as I am half out of this one anyway.

Besides. Gamepass is wonderful.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama I hear that! I kind of feel like a fish in vacuum storage. I haven't even played a game other than pickup up DQB2 for about 5 minutes at a time now and then on Switch for about a month or so. I want to be plugged in! I want to be addicted! Alas, No time. Maybe next week....

Same, other than forum peer pressure here, the hardware is kind of irrelevant to me unless it brings real significant benefit over my X. If I had an OG One I'd probably be eager, but with X as a half-step anyway, Scarlett would have to blow me away with what it offers in terms of games or immediate benefits to pull $500 from me for the first year or two. And it makes it less inviting since I have two twins to maintain an ecosystem for.

Thank goodness Nintendo makes it easy by releasing in off years...

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, if all the rumors mentioned in that Windows Central article are true, and we already know that both models of Scarlett will be fully backwards compatible with any and all titles already available on Xbox One, then I'd say it'll be more than worth it, provided they can offer that premium model of Scarlett for a price that rivals the RRP of the One X, because in that case, you'd basically get the One X X, with more options, more power AND being more future proof, so still worth keeping an eye on, far as I'm concerned.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Switch can be odd in that way. (as in the pick up and go nature also makes it easier to put it down imo) It’s narrowed my focus to one game but I am gaming less so I can read more. Plus priorities shift.

That being said I am very interested in the controller pcb for the scarlet and ps5. Im wondering if I should build a stick for current systems plus Switch or if I should wait. Then again so many fighting games are going to Switch so it’s a toss up.

It feels like BC and less loading times are the pulls this entry. However for me that is too little too late. I was complaining that the games industry needed to look at texture pop in and load times during the 360 era. So that won't make me bite any time soon.

...Wait...Sony has one hook in me. Ghost of Tsushima..but that is going to ps4 so....

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX They already confirmed full backward compatibility I thought, or if they didn't that would be more of a bizarre upset than anything. But yeah, I'm expecting all that is true. I'd obviously upgrade eventually given that, but I mean to get it year 1, or at launch specifically it would have to really wow me with a very obvious tangible benefit over what I already have, or provide access to games that really wow me versus the huge backlog I already have.

@Ryu_Niiyama PS has been pretty consistent thus far with their wired protocols. XBox is the one that's kind of jumped around a bit with the 360 controllers not being compatibly with One. My gut says Scarlett will be compatible with One... But my guy also told me XBox was stepping away from generations.

Edit: Haha, yeah, Ghost is the ONLY remaining PS4 game I'm still strongly interested in. After all the SIE changes there, I'm kind of hesitant about their first party next gen. They're, internally, a mess. Theoretically MS has me more interested now that they have Obsidian and ineXile. Sony has a dearth of in-house RPG studios now, and Squeenix seems to have been cut loose from their control once and for all. XBox shows seem to cover Squeenix content better than Sony shows now.

OTOH....Switch increasingly "just has everything" or at least everything of the fairly short list I have time for. Heck, it even has Obsidian's newest....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia well I mean from a padhacking standpoint. If I just need a stick for one system I'll buy it commercially and mod it. But if I need one for multiples...that's a build. I've got the wood and parts set aside. I just need to know if I should buy the pcbs that are out now or wait. The 360 controllers were a nightmare to padhack (I used to buy the xbox arcade joysticks to break for cheap official pcbs). I'm not amazing at soldering so I like something that either can be easily emulated via a custom pcb or an official stick. However I'm trying to reduce my sticks to two. One for home and one for my Fighting game meetup/Evo trips.

Edit: That's the thing too, there are only a few "exclusive series/games" to the twins or PC games that are left for me (Although I commend Yakuza for suckering me for another entry, which ensures I'll get a ps5 if they make another set of trilogies...) Microsoft's willingness to play ball means I get to play games on my favorite system but less time on theirs...granted I bought Game pass to trade off the reduced game purchases so I guess win win for everybody.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic