Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,221 to 8,240 of 11,903

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer It should be simple, so long as your X1 is in "Rapid Start" and not "Power Saving" mode (I.E. it's always listening to XBL to see if you're sending the power-on signal.) The client is built right into Win10. Even Server editions. Even Enterprise editions. Which is hilarious.

There's an iOS and Android app but Win10 is best

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Okay, then I’ll certainly need to change my power settings, thanks for that.

So it sounds like I’d not want to use my gen1 IPad, right?😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

I genuinely forgot Gears Tactics existed! Lol. Does it have a release date?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Don't think so, @Dezzy .... It's supposed to be this year but I think it'll be delayed a bit

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

redd214

Xbox one s star wars bundle is only $160 on Amazon US, crazy good price for the console along with a spectacular game!!

redd214

BruceCM

Got 2 lots of 3 months GamePass for PC with my computer & they each got turned into 2 months of Ultimate
Also got Borderlands 3 with it, as well ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

WoomyNNYes

I bought Forza Horizon 2 physical for my brother for Xbox One because, Xbox Store says Forza Horizon 2 is "unavailable". Can I assume the game will still get the previously issued bug-fix-patches for the base game when the game is installed?

I assume expansion packs are no longer available.
(He's already played through Horizon 3 & 4).

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

JoakimZ

@Woomy_NNYes Yes, all patches/bug fixes are still avaliable, but the expansions are unfortunately not because of expired licenses. Same reason the game is not available to purchase digitally anymore.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

WoomyNNYes

@JoakimZ Ohhhhh, that's why. I understand. Well, I've never understood what car brands are afraid of with video games. I can't say I've heard of this issue with movies. It's like James Bond movies being discontinued because of Aston Martin licnensing -never going to happen.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

DarkRula

@Woomy_NNYes It's not just the car licences, but the licences for music as well, which are more likely to cause problems than those of the car licences.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

redd214

@Woomy_NNYes @DarkRula I think this is moreso on Microsoft than the car/music companies. It seems as though the licensing agreements that they have in place are very very short compared to others (designed obsolescence I guess.) For example Need for Speed Rivals was a launch game, has licensed cars and music but is still on sale. Grant Horizon has more of both but still seems as the blame falls on MS here.

redd214

redd214

New games coming this month to Game Pass:

•My Friend Pedro
•Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker
•Demon's Tilt
•Wandersong
•eFootball PES 2020
•Overcooked! 2
•Pathologic 2
•Tom Clancy’s The Division

Only played Overcooked 2 and The Division, both terrific games. Though at this point may as well get Division 2 as it's better in just about every way and can be had for under 20 bucks.

Also another new sub $1 promo, 3 months of Ultimate, 3 months of Discord Nitro, 1 month of EA access and 6 months of Spotify Premium! That's a ridiculous amount of value for a dollar. I may sub on an alternate Email just for Spotify lol

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass?ranMID=24542&ra...

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

I remember. My brother's always terrible at remembering to buy Christmas presents, so I'm just gonna tell him he can buy a digital thing on the 25th and ask for Halo Reach

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

Control is coming to Game Pass as well according to Uncle Phil.

Hes also, more interestingly, mentioned that he now has a Scarlett at home and seems to be a smooth transition with games/accessories. Hopefully the other players follow suit in that regard!

redd214

redd214

redd214 wrote:

Control is coming to Game Pass as well according to Uncle Phil.

Hes also, more interestingly, mentioned that he now has a Scarlett at home and seems to be a smooth transition with games/accessories. Hopefully the other players follow suit in that regard!

Scratch that Control bit. Phil mentioned it on Mixer but now the devs are saying it's not coming so who knows

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal I wonder if Nintendo's contribution to the collaboration with Microsoft is Bayonetta 3 coming to both Switch and XB1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Interesting bit about Phil having a Scarlett at home. I'm suspecting it not to be a final model, though, what with all the time they've still got left to tweak/fine-tune before the ultimate reveal, which will probably be at E3 or somewhere around that time.

@Grumblevolcano Just because of you mentioning that, I'm already starting to imagine how many fuses that will potentially blow in the heads of Sony fans...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

@ThanosReXXX of course it's not the final model. It would be silly to think it was.

For any US folks Target is having a B2G1 free on games this Saturday only. They tend to jack up prices when they have these but will price match back down if you're persistent.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 You know, come to think of it, there's also the possibility that he has the streaming version of the Scarlett. Did he actually give any hints/details as to whether it was that or the disc-based model?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

@ThanosReXXX here's the direct quote:

"And it’s started….this week I brought my Project Scarlett console home and it's become my primary console, playing my games, connecting to the community and yes, using my Elite Series 2 controller, having a blast. Great work by the team, 2020 is going to be an incredible year."

No real indication on that front. I do hope that they have that as an option however

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic