Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 11,914

shingi_70

rayword45 wrote:

Yep, I have the same opinion as everyone else on policy change.

I mainly came here to ask, who the hell came up with the shortened name "XBone" and who agreed that was a good idea? Was the purpose to invoke adult images?

dummies on gaf mad about the polices so they gave it a derotory nickname that honestly only makes gamers looks like asses and it seems to have stuck istead of X1 or Xbo.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

Sony_70 wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

I mainly came here to ask, who the hell came up with the shortened name "XBone" and who agreed that was a good idea? Was the purpose to invoke adult images?

dummies on gaf mad about the polices so they gave it a derotory nickname that honestly only makes gamers looks like asses and it seems to have stuck istead of X1 or Xbo.

I've seen X1 a couple of times, but I've never seen Xbo before (that one doesn't even look good, IMO).

I've just been calling it the One.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jaz007

rayword45 wrote:

I don't think most of us get those images. I think it's to suggest its doom and death,

Jaz007

Kaabiitorori

Midnight3DS wrote:

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-...

Yes, this is excellent news if they completely pull their heads out of their backsides.

Well! That is what I would call a dramatic turn of events! o_o

As an Xbox 360 user, the Xbox One did not appeal to me at all after their pre-E3 unveiling, and even less after their idiotic DRM policies. After their E3 conference, such interest hit rock bottom; I could not look straight to the console and find any single inch of appeal, and at that point, I could not find Microsoft credible anymore. Let alone their “exclusive, unprecedented partnerships” with EA! Utter disappointment, to say the least.

Now it seems Microsoft had to listen to their customers who, unanimously, were telling them their concept was just plain wrong. About damn time! I could say I am happy they finally pulled these policies out, but at the same time I cannot help but say: “Microsoft, what the hell were you guys thinking!?”. It is just the fact that Microsoft had to come up with the most ridiculous, anti-consumer idea I have ever seen, the fact they did it for the sake of grabbing money off customers. It is something you cannot forget.

Anyway, while pulling their heads out was the smartest action (although it was THE ONLY viable solution they had!), I am still having my doubts over Xbox One. If I ever end up getting it, it will be in several years’ time; after all, I am sticking with my Wii U and I plan to turn my plain PC into a gaming beast by the end of 2013, and PS4 seems to appeal a lot more to me in terms of overall value, but it is also another option to consider in the future (recently acquired a PS3, so I gotta clear some of their games up first!). Nevertheless, it is still good news for those who initially had the Xbox One in mind and, especially, for the gaming industry in general: such policies should never EVER be backed up.

Edited on by Kaabiitorori

Kaabiitorori

Knux

Congratulations Microsoft. Now your Xbox One is in the ''remotely appealing'' range.

Knux

CrazyOtto

I'm probably still not going to get an Xbox One unless it gets an exclusive Twinbee game (since the 360 had all of the shmups last gen, and I recently played Twinbee Portable on my brother's PSP) but I'm glad Xbox 360 fans will be getting a real next generation Xbox instead of a glorified Roku.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

DGGames

so now that the DRM is no more, what are people going to complain about?

An exclusives library that rivals the Wii U's (same number of games, completely different genres for it), same DRM stance as Wii U (plus no region locking, and unlike PS4, no Publisher-dictated anti-used games DRM support either), etc.

Also, pirates and terrorist groups in south America that sell counterfeit games are seriously celebrating the news. One more gen they will have a steady income in.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Game developer and gamer.

Eel

It was pretty clever, make everyone hate your console so the competition feels overconfident and then make costumers believe you actually listen to their demands by removing all these things that made people hate the thing, you leave the competition confused and the costumers flattered and ready to buy your console.

Because it was all planned, right MS?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

shingi_70

Repost from another forum

While I did hate the DRM, there are aspects of this that are going to keep us in the status quo instead of looking too the future.

-No more Quick Game switching unless you download all your game. (similar to PS4)
-No more game sharing with 10 people of your choice
-No more disc based purchased being counted as downloaded purchases like steam.

So while the DRM did suck for most of the audience, it did have tangabile benefits for a industry that will eventually go mostly digital in the first place. Microoft gambled with being the first to try and steamafiy the console space but made miss calculations (if there would be a internet check it should be a month like steam), fortunately the gamer consumers made their complaints heard and its going to be a better product for 90% of the market, however it does have some negatives that kills the adoption of digital content for gaming, whears were seeing other mediums growing due it.

So in conclusion a step back for the Industry, but a step forward for consumers which is a better thing in the long run

While I was boycotting the 24 hour DRM, I was going digital only this gen so it didn't effect me that much. Microsoft had it so every Physical copy you bought gave you a digital copy essentially tearing down the barrier of why digital isn't similar to steam on console (retails) with this move however justified t is we go back into the Digital vs Retail battle which shouldn't even exist in 2013.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

That adam Orth bloke who got fired prior to the 21st century event seems to be having a public meltdown.

https://twitter.com/orth_adam

WAT!

Phatosaurus

Great news. Still not going to buy one any time soon.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

Chrono_Cross

Phatosaurus wrote:

What a moving decision. You inspire me.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

banacheck

DGGames
no region locking, and unlike PS4?

erh you've made a mistake there as there is no region locking on the PS3, PS4, as far as i know the Wii U & Xbox One are region locked.

It good Microsoft has changed some of it's policys but for some the damage has already been done, 2 of my mates who where hardcore Xboxers are still going to buy a PS4. One of them said after this he'll never support Microsoft again, i don't mind as i can play online with them without having to leave my house now.

banacheck

shingi_70

banacheck wrote:

DGGames
no region locking, and unlike PS4?

erh you've made a mistake there as there is no region locking on the PS3, PS4, as far as i know the Wii U & Xbox One are region locked.

It good Microsoft has changed some of it's policys but for some the damage has already been done, 2 of my mates who where hardcore Xboxers are still going to buy a PS4. One of them said after this he'll never support Microsoft again, i don't mind as i can play online with them without having to leave my house now.

Xbox One is region free. Technically PS4 uses some DirectX code, thus he'd be supporting Microsoft by proxy anyway.

WAT!

Phatosaurus

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

What a moving decision. You inspire me.

Good to hear. You can have a gold star!

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AlexSays

No region locking is huge. They were set to not support Poland, which would have caused major backlash from CD Projekt Red fans (of which there are a decent amount..) and of course Polish people. lol

Now they can play The Witcher 3 with the rest of us.

AlexSays

Jaz007

DGGames wrote:

An exclusives library that rivals the Wii U's (same number of games, completely different genres for it), same DRM stance as Wii U (plus no region locking, and unlike PS4, no Publisher-dictated anti-used games DRM support either), etc..

When did they announce online passes wouldn't be allowed?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Ralizah

DGGames wrote:

An exclusives library that rivals the Wii U's (same number of games, completely different genres for it), same DRM stance as Wii U (plus no region locking, and unlike PS4, no Publisher-dictated anti-used games DRM support either), etc.

Also, pirates and terrorist groups in south America that sell counterfeit games are seriously celebrating the news. One more gen they will have a steady income in.

I'm impressed that you apparently have this deep intelligence connection with South American video game-obsessed terrorist groups.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

rallydefault

I think, ultimately, this is some sort of victory for gaming in general. There has been such a vocal pushback against DRM that things really do seem to be changing. Nintendo has, obviously, remained pretty the way things have always been, but we just saw Sony reject it at E3 and now even Microsoft is backing away. On the PC front, sites like GOG.com that sell PC games free of DRM are becoming more popular, and there are even rumors that Steam is working on a way to allow you to lend your games to friends and such. All in all, I don't view any of this as a bad thing. Of course, ALL of this is subject to change at any moment, but for the time being, regardless of how you feel about Microsoft, I think this is nice.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic