Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 821 to 840 of 1,723

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

821. Posted:

@Varia01
The paid online did dissapoint me :( , But, PS Plus really does pay for itself. You get a whole boatload of games for nothing, and tons of discounts on the PS store, with other features to boot. Plus, it's a tad cheaper than XBL Gold. So, I wouldn't write off a PS4 because of it.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

822. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

Before E3, the Xbox One was completely unnatractive to me. After E3, it started to look better. Now, it's looking even greater. I'm still getting a PS4 in favor though, because I don't play video games every day, and if I don't turn it o every day it becomes a useless brick. Fun. Plus, PS+ is cheaper than XBL.

The funny thing is, I see what Microsoft is doing, I really do. The Xbox One is a glimpse of the future of gaming, but they are forcing it down everyone's throat, when they need to realize that the consumers don't like this. Nobody likes the fact that they have to daily check in online in order to make thier console functional, or that they have to pay extra for used games. But personally, I beleive that the Xbox One is the future, and the PS5 (if there is going to be one) will be similar to the Xbox One.

But honestly, this is great for Microsoft, and I personally hope that the Xbox One will do great.

They turned off the required check-ins too, I think.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GamerJunkie

823. Posted:

This is a big deal for holiday season, it will put the Wii u #3 in sales for NA/EU IMO.

With DRM, PS4 was going to dominate and let Wii U and Xbox One battle it out for distant 2nd. Now its changed.

For Nintendo fanboys yea, they didn't care about the xbox one before or after this announcement, but for the world outside that bubble this is huge news.

Tons of former Xbox one loyal customers had already pre-ordered a PS4, now many will go back and like I said itll make it a harder decision for peopel choosing from today on which to get and also during xmas and holidays.

As for me, I have my Wii U, pre-ordered my PS4, and now I will consider an Xbox One in the future, I will have to see some feedback from people first though . I do like to watch sports so that football thing was kinda interesting but the DRM was a killer, now I'll have at least investigate lol.

Edited on by GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

824. Posted:

Its HAWT
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

FlyingKickPunch

825. Posted:

So is it now called the Xbox One....Eighty?
Consumer confusion!

Wii U Nintendo Network ID: FlyingKickPunch
3DS friend code: 1633 4200 3583

AuthorMessage

Varia01

826. Posted:

@8BitSamurai: Very true, your right. I guess Japanese gaming companies share the care they do consumers... Heh. :) I may look forward to a PS4.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

827. Posted:

Project Spark looks like I've wanted in a creative maker game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Varia01

828. Posted:

Wait, what does DRM stand for? EDIT: Nevermind just found out.

Edited on by Varia01

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

HeatBombastic

829. Posted:

This change of policies on DRM is great news. Not only for Xbox fans, but also for the consumers who've whined, complained, cried, and screamed with fanboy rage!

NNID: HeatBombastic

Haaaave fun.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

830. Posted:

Yep, I have the same opinion as everyone else on policy change.

I mainly came here to ask, who the hell came up with the shortened name "XBone" and who agreed that was a good idea? Was the purpose to invoke adult images?

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

831. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

I mainly came here to ask, who the hell came up with the shortened name "XBone" and who agreed that was a good idea? Was the purpose to invoke adult images?

dummies on gaf mad about the polices so they gave it a derotory nickname that honestly only makes gamers looks like asses and it seems to have stuck istead of X1 or Xbo.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

RR529

832. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

dummies on gaf mad about the polices so they gave it a derotory nickname that honestly only makes gamers looks like asses and it seems to have stuck istead of X1 or Xbo.

I've seen X1 a couple of times, but I've never seen Xbo before (that one doesn't even look good, IMO).

I've just been calling it the One.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

833. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

I don't think most of us get those images. I think it's to suggest its doom and death,

Currently playing: Batman: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, 007 Blood Stone and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

Kaabiitorori

834. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-...

Yes, this is excellent news if they completely pull their heads out of their backsides.

Well! That is what I would call a dramatic turn of events! o_o

As an Xbox 360 user, the Xbox One did not appeal to me at all after their pre-E3 unveiling, and even less after their idiotic DRM policies. After their E3 conference, such interest hit rock bottom; I could not look straight to the console and find any single inch of appeal, and at that point, I could not find Microsoft credible anymore. Let alone their “exclusive, unprecedented partnerships” with EA! Utter disappointment, to say the least.

Now it seems Microsoft had to listen to their customers who, unanimously, were telling them their concept was just plain wrong. About damn time! I could say I am happy they finally pulled these policies out, but at the same time I cannot help but say: “Microsoft, what the hell were you guys thinking!?”. It is just the fact that Microsoft had to come up with the most ridiculous, anti-consumer idea I have ever seen, the fact they did it for the sake of grabbing money off customers. It is something you cannot forget.

Anyway, while pulling their heads out was the smartest action (although it was THE ONLY viable solution they had!), I am still having my doubts over Xbox One. If I ever end up getting it, it will be in several years’ time; after all, I am sticking with my Wii U and I plan to turn my plain PC into a gaming beast by the end of 2013, and PS4 seems to appeal a lot more to me in terms of overall value, but it is also another option to consider in the future (recently acquired a PS3, so I gotta clear some of their games up first!). Nevertheless, it is still good news for those who initially had the Xbox One in mind and, especially, for the gaming industry in general: such policies should never EVER be backed up.

Edited on by Kaabiitorori

Kaabiitorori

AuthorMessage

Knux

835. Posted:

Congratulations Microsoft. Now your Xbox One is in the ''remotely appealing'' range.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

836. Posted:

I'm probably still not going to get an Xbox One unless it gets an exclusive Twinbee game (since the 360 had all of the shmups last gen, and I recently played Twinbee Portable on my brother's PSP) but I'm glad Xbox 360 fans will be getting a real next generation Xbox instead of a glorified Roku.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

DGGames

837. Posted:

so now that the DRM is no more, what are people going to complain about?

An exclusives library that rivals the Wii U's (same number of games, completely different genres for it), same DRM stance as Wii U (plus no region locking, and unlike PS4, no Publisher-dictated anti-used games DRM support either), etc.

Also, pirates and terrorist groups in south America that sell counterfeit games are seriously celebrating the news. One more gen they will have a steady income in.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

838. Posted:

It was pretty clever, make everyone hate your console so the competition feels overconfident and then make costumers believe you actually listen to their demands by removing all these things that made people hate the thing, you leave the competition confused and the costumers flattered and ready to buy your console.

Because it was all planned, right MS?

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

839. Posted:

Repost from another forum

While I did hate the DRM, there are aspects of this that are going to keep us in the status quo instead of looking too the future.

-No more Quick Game switching unless you download all your game. (similar to PS4)
-No more game sharing with 10 people of your choice
-No more disc based purchased being counted as downloaded purchases like steam.

So while the DRM did suck for most of the audience, it did have tangabile benefits for a industry that will eventually go mostly digital in the first place. Microoft gambled with being the first to try and steamafiy the console space but made miss calculations (if there would be a internet check it should be a month like steam), fortunately the gamer consumers made their complaints heard and its going to be a better product for 90% of the market, however it does have some negatives that kills the adoption of digital content for gaming, whears were seeing other mediums growing due it.

So in conclusion a step back for the Industry, but a step forward for consumers which is a better thing in the long run

While I was boycotting the 24 hour DRM, I was going digital only this gen so it didn't effect me that much. Microsoft had it so every Physical copy you bought gave you a digital copy essentially tearing down the barrier of why digital isn't similar to steam on console (retails) with this move however justified t is we go back into the Digital vs Retail battle which shouldn't even exist in 2013.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Royalblues

840. Posted:

I'm glad they changed their policies. Now, I will get all three consoles. To be honest, the XB1 was the one I was looking forward to the most, until they made it unappealing to me. Shame, shame, Microsoft.

As with last gen, I really expect most of the games to come out for Microsoft's and SONY's consoles, while the Nintendo will largely be ignored except by Nintendo developers. But now that the Wii U is trying to appeal more to hardcore gamers this time around, that puts them in more of a jam than before. I would gladly spend 400 or 500 USD on a superior machine that I know for a fact will get more games than 350 for something that most developers won't care for.

Royalblues