Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,161 to 8,180 of 11,914

NotTelevision

@link3710 Yeah it looks good. There is going to be the inevitable Zelda comparisons, but I like that impressionistic style.

NotTelevision

BruceCM

Eurogamer had a little article about it being delayed to next year, @NotTelevision .... Anyone going to be playing the Final Fantasy games that are coming to GamePass?
I already own them all but that's a great chance for anyone who doesn't I'll be sure to play Kingdom Hearts, at last & try Yakuza, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NotTelevision

@BruceCM Thanks. Looks like the article was posted back in May. 2020 looking like another great year. Microsoft is backing some interesting looking games. 👏

NotTelevision

BruceCM

Yeah, that seems to be the latest info on it, @NotTelevision .... I'm sure they'll update things when they have a date or something

SW-4357-9287-0699

NEStalgia

I've watched about half the show so far (thanks for doing this on a weekday, Microsoft! Really appreciate it!) but so far it's a lot of fun. Some good stuff in there. I grabbed KH3 on the flash sale. Already had it on PS4 but wanted to play the prettier version anyway, and it was a good price for that.

Looking forward to the rest of the show.

Does anyone know how to watch it on Mixer on the console? I found it easy on a browser, but on the Mixer tab all I see is narcissists streaming themselves playing games. The mixer app warns me that the tab is the newer format. And searching in the old app for xo19 turns up nothing. I ended up just watching it in the YouTube app on the console instead.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

Microsoft has become the best choice of the generation, silently. That makes me think that they'll be an even better choice next gen as long as Phil Spencer is the head of Xbox.

@BruceCM I was going to get all the Final Fantasy games on Xbox anyway so this is very welcomed. All the Kingdom Hearts games on Xbox is a big deal, too. I have played them on PS4 but the Dualshock 4 sucks, really. I'll get Kingdom Hearts III as planned on Xbox though, play that and start playing the (main) Final Fantasy games I have missed this far. FF XIV is a big deal too, now there's no Final Fantasy on PS4 not available on Xbox and the XIII trilogy is available on Xbox but not on PS4.

I'm curious about the whole show and trailers so I'll watch it this weekend like @NEStalgia. This makes your typical E3 show (Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo) quite underwhelming.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Gonna watch it tomorrow. Already bookmarked it in YouTube, but seeing as it's well over an hour, I haven't found the time yet. But seeing as a lot of people are so positive about it, I simply HAVE to make the time, now that it's weekend, to see this for myself.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

You mean FF XIV, @BlueOcean ... ? That & XI are the only ones in the series I don't want to play Still, great that you'll be able to play them all! Reminds me to get on with 1st FFXIII & XV, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean I'd have to give it to Switch for a number of reasons but the biggest by far is the OS. I'd take boring, insanely fast OS over insanely slow OS any day.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

@BruceCM Yes, XIV (I will correct that) and no, I don't think I'll play that one because it's online and time-consuming.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Yeah, I hear it's a good game, after they've worked on it a lot & all, @BlueOcean .... I'm glad it's there for anyone who wants to try it out
Shame, really; I'd buy FFIII, IV, After Years & VI for my XBox One if they were available there Those are more likely to come to Switch though, as I don't think they're available on PS4

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
But, FF III and FF IV Remake has been released long time ago on NDS. FF III also on PSP but FF IV on PSP using HD 2D style.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Matthew010

The two biggest things from X019 for me were the new Microsoft Flight Simulator trailer and the Kingdom Hearts announcements. As a huge aviation fan, I can't wait to try this sim. The fact it's coming to Xbox is great, because my PC genuinly struggles to run Google Chrome sometimes.
Kingdom Hearts I'll definitely pick up, if I ever finish KH3.

Edit: I also can't wait for xCloud to be fully available. Playing Xbox games on my tablet is going to be great!

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

BruceCM

Yeah, @Anti-Matter .... I played FFIII & IV on DS originally! I have those, After Years & VI on my phone As I missed the PSP IV Complete Collection, I played that on Vita!
I'd like them on my Switch, really, to go with FFVII, VIII Remastered, IX, X/X2 & XII

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining the PC Master Race....

SW-4357-9287-0699

redd214

@Matthew010 Xcloud is fantastic so far. Basically turns your phone into a Switch. Really enjoying it!

redd214

Dezzy

So is Halo Reach improved on Xbone at all? I think the original was 720p and 30fps. Is this new version identical or have they improved the resolution/framerate?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy 4K 60fps for systems that support 4K, 1080p 60fps for systems that don't support 4K.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Im on Xbox One S with a 1080p computer monitor. So I should get 60fps and 1080p?

That is quite a good improvement over the 360 version then!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic