Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,141 to 8,160 of 11,914

BruceCM

Hmm, there's plenty of laptops, @BlueOcean .... I'll assume you had some reason for choosing the surface thing?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@Justifier We did, December 3rd for both XB1 and PC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Aww, they're not doing a big weekend E3 style presentation for XO19 this year? I was looking forward to one of those

@BlueOcean Yeah, if you don't need to run large software/creative software demanding power, personally I think Surface Pro is a better bet than Surface Book. Book only really comes into its own if you need desktop-like resources in a device you can pretty easily make portable. Otherwise Surface Pro stomps on it as a genuine portable machine.

I'm VERY picky about keyboards (very!) The Type Cover is actually pretty excellent (relative to it's limitations of its nature.) The key spacing is pretty good. Not desktop mechanical keyboard good, but decent by laptop standards. The keys obviously don't have deep travel, but they're tactile enough to be decent, scissor switches, and the track pad is as good as on any good laptop (short of the admittedly wonderful glass trackpads on Apple hardware.) The base is surprisingly solid. It has some bounce to it, obviously but it's amazing how solid it can feel even on a lap. Mg is a pretty tough metal for it's weight. Much better than Al. It's a "compromise" in some ways, but IMO the feel is superior to many other laptop keyboards out there (when I last tried a Surface Book a few years ago I actually loathed the keyboard on that. Mushy, sloppy keys. They may be better now.)

Believe it or not, despite its size, it is backlit!

NEStalgia

redd214

The Xcloud updates are exactly what I wanted!! Stadia is basically DOA, canceled my preorder

redd214

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Well, like Switch that's part of the compromise. Part of the reason it's a great tablet and Book isn't is because the screen is "right sized" for it, while the Book is too heavy and clunky with the larger screen. Always a trade-off!

I don't envy the search! I spent years before landing on Pro as my ideal grab & go PC.....it's not a fun search.

@redd214 What's new with XCloud's updates? (And is it a surprise Stadia is DOA? )

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia Not weekend but now, so far I'd say it's better than Microsoft's E3 2019 conference. They've totally improved the format of X019 over X018.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia wrote:

I'm VERY picky about keyboards (very!)

Just keyboards? Better replace that with "everything"...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

@NEStalgia More games (mainly Forza Horizon 4) and Dualshock 4 support are the 2 main ones at least for me

Overall this is a very very good conference IMO. bunch of great announcements

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

Aww man, I'm missing the show this year! Bummer.

Cool about KH though!

@ThanosReXXX This is fair.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yeah, I also forgot all about it. Normally, I watch all of them live, but this one wasn't scheduled very appropriately. I don't understand why they didn't just do it on a Saturday, or at least a Friday night. Oh, well. Guess I'll watch the recorded version later today.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Banjo-

Wow, I could not watch more than a few minutes but you're making me want to watch the whole thing this weekend.

@NEStalgia Nice stuff about the keyboard! What do you think about typing Word documents while reading those documents on Pro's 12.3" screen? Big enough??

NEStalgia wrote:

And is it a surprise Stadia is DOA?

LOL

Banjo-

BruceCM

I definitely wouldn't go for a supposed laptop with that size screen, @BlueOcean .... There's still quite a few around at 15.6 inches? The keyboards tend to be that much better for being bigger, in my limited experience with a 12 inch netbook

SW-4357-9287-0699

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Microsoft is becoming Nintendo. "Please look forward to our presentation on 14.11.19 at 03:00!" It's weird timing...mid-day on a Thursday, no matter where in the US you are. I know it's in London, but still....Saturday would solve that problem....which is when they did it last year....

@BlueOcean I think it's big enough (and comfortable enough) for Word documents. Obviously if you can get to a store that has them on display it's ideal to get a feel for it, but I don't think that's a poor use for it at all. If you were talking spreadsheets, it might get uncomfortable at that size, but text documents unless you keep tiny font/zoom levels, I've done a fair amount of typing on it without cursing it out I'd say that, and media, is probably its strongest use case.

NEStalgia

DarkRula

Kingdom Hearts will now be fully available on an Xbox platform, and that is absolutely great. I can return to Kingdom Hearts 2, finally complete Kingdom Hearts 1, and possibly even try the others on the collection.

As for Game Pass announcements, I'll have to see about diving into a few, if I can drag myself away from Fallen Order (and Farming Simulator 17, which has been a new favourite of mine).

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

redd214

The fact that I'm play I'm currently playing Forza, on a Google Pixel, with a Dual shock 4 is hilarious!! Video games are great!

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia My point exactly. Far as I can remember, they've mostly broadcasted them in the weekends so far, maybe they have done the odd weekday/week evening presentation, but mostly on Friday nights or Saturdays.

BruceCM

I'll probably end up getting the KH games, then....

SW-4357-9287-0699

NotTelevision

At that Xbox convention did they mention anything about that game “Sable”? I was hoping for a 2020 release date, but I can find any new info on it. The E3 2018 trailer looked really promising.

NotTelevision

link3710

So anyone else see Everwild? I'll probably play it on PC when it inevitably ends up there, but Rare looks like it's got a very interesting project in the works.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic