Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 801 to 820 of 1,817

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

801. Posted:

Sony_70 has a point, had they done this sooner, they perobably could;ve avoided some bad press, gotten a lot of good press, and Sony wouldn't have looked like a hero for doing nothing. Now I think it might be too late to save this thing. They're fighting an uphill battle winning back consumers after that, especially those who may have heard along the grape vine about those policies but might not hear about them going back on it before it's too late.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

802. Posted:

Yeah Sony literally won the lottery with this. The only major thing they changed from last gen (besides hardware power) was charging for online multiplayer, and everyone loves them. Now despite the consoles being vastly similar, they still have a much better image with a cheaper, stronger console.

This couldn't have gone better for them. lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Stryker89

803. Posted:

This is a good move by Microsoft. Now the entire industry needs to fix the current problems it's facing. Namely, the overspending on so-called 'AAA' games. A game selling upward of 6 million copies and still considered a failure is ridiculous. This needs sorting out, otherwise more studios WILL close, especially with no more DRM on next-gen titles.

Current games: Super Smash Bros Wii U, Fantasy Life
Upcoming games: Xenoblade Chronicles X, LoZ: Majora's Mask 3D

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

804. Posted:

Olliemar28 wrote:

This is a good move by Microsoft. Now the entire industry needs to fix the current problems it's facing. Namely, the overspending on so-called 'AAA' games. A game selling upward of 6 million copies and still considered a failure is ridiculous. This needs sorting out, otherwise more studios WILL close, especially with no more DRM on next-gen titles.

This is a free market, there's no changing that and its not a problem.

If a company spends too much on a game that isn't attractive enough to consumers, that's their own problem. We shouldn't be babying large developers when they're perfectly capable of planning their own budget.

There's no perfect economy where every developer will always make enough to stay in business. Some devs fail and that's not a bad thing, that's business.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

805. Posted:

I had no interest in it either but competition is good for consumers.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

806. Posted:

Anyways, they still have to go back on their Indie policies before I'll even consider their console. XBLA was the only reason I kept my 360, so without Indie support, they're pretty much dead in the water in my eyes. Especially since it'll be so easy to port games that everything good that's not first party will be on the PS4 as well. And so far, it's looking like the first party line-up...won't appeal to my tastes, to put it lightly. None of the non-gaming features appeal to me, either. Even without all that, though, I'd have to wait for it to go down in price, because I won't spend $500 on a new PC, let alone a new console. I hate to say it, but I wasn't gonna support Microsoft even before all the BS started. Going back on the BS won't change my opinion at the very least, though it does do wonders for the future of gaming - It looked like Microsoft was ready to go to war with the consumers, even willing to force us gamers to put our money where our mouths were (our main weakness, apparently), but instead we won before the fight really started. Lets hope the next time someone tries something like this (and there will be a next time...), things go about as smoothly.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

807. Posted:

No interest then. No interest now. No interest ever.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Stryker89

808. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

This is a free market, there's no changing that and its not a problem.

If a company spends too much on a game that isn't attractive enough to consumers, that's their own problem. We shouldn't be babying large developers when they're perfectly capable of planning their own budget.

There's no perfect economy where every developer will always make enough to stay in business. Some devs fail and that's not a bad thing, that's business.

True. However it's a big problem when those same developers (namely Cliffy B) try to blame consumers who buy preowned games without looking at the larger root of the issue.

Current games: Super Smash Bros Wii U, Fantasy Life
Upcoming games: Xenoblade Chronicles X, LoZ: Majora's Mask 3D

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

809. Posted:

So the Xbox One doesn't require online or used game stuff anymore?

Looks like I'm getting an Xbox One.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

810. Posted:

Olliemar28 wrote:

True. However it's a big problem when those same developers (namely Cliffy B) try to blame consumers who buy preowned games without looking at the larger root of the issue.

Cliffy should be thankful anyone buys Gears of War. lol

I always want to point him in the direction of devs like CD Projeckt Red who push the envelope in technology without a massive spending budget. Somehow Cliffy blows through a ton of money making minimal improvements to each Gears game, and then gets upset its not treated like the holy grail of gaming. I understand where some devs are coming from when they want to charge their own fee for used games, such as with online components (even though devs have backed off this so maybe it wasn't helping), but eliminating the used market entirely would be a rough transition for the industry.

Some devs really overspend though and get punished accordingly. Cliffy shouldn't even be complaining considering how well off he is financially..

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

irken004

811. Posted:

And they couldn't bother to remove all that during E3? Oh well, Sony still has an upperhand with their price, even with the mandatory (but awesome) PS+ requirement.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

812. Posted:

I'm not sure I'll get one, but this is positive news indeed.

SCAR392 wrote:

So the Xbox One doesn't require online or used game stuff anymore?

Looks like I'm getting an Xbox One.

Well yeah, based on your previous comments, you were already planning on getting one, regardless of it's issues.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

DarkLloyd

813. Posted:

still too much bad blood with them for me to even consider it, i wil stick to the usual plan getting a ps4.

its going to take years for micro to even win me over at all

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

814. Posted:

"Hey guys, after we told you to dealwithit and buy our old systems if you didn't like our policies, we're now doing a 180! But you still need to pay at least a hundred dollars more, need an internet connection to setup, and you need to always be "kinected"

Too little, too late.
Still, a major victory for gamers in general.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

815. Posted:

Hmm while this thread is getting traction. XBox Live is having a sega sale and is Sonic Generations worth $10.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

816. Posted:

Looks like the Xbox...

Did a 180.
http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Varia01

817. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I don't really get why Sony would do this if they want used media to be free.

Sony patient things they'll never use all the time.

like The Last Guardian!

rimshot

PS4 has free online? It's beating the One the way I see it. I may be actually interested in the PS4 now, but Nintendo is always of my center of gaming.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

818. Posted:

PS4 has paid online, too now. You might want to, you know...read more. We were talking about Internet-Free DRM...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Varia01

819. Posted:

Oh darn it, oh well. I guess Nintendo really is my ONLY and central gaming device company.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

pntjr

820. Posted:

Before E3, the Xbox One was completely unnatractive to me. After E3, it started to look better. Now, it's looking even greater. I'm still getting a PS4 in favor though, because I don't play video games every day, and if I don't turn it o every day it becomes a useless brick. Fun. Plus, PS+ is cheaper than XBL.

The funny thing is, I see what Microsoft is doing, I really do. The Xbox One is a glimpse of the future of gaming, but they are forcing it down everyone's throat, when they need to realize that the consumers don't like this. Nobody likes the fact that they have to daily check in online in order to make thier console functional, or that they have to pay extra for used games. But personally, I beleive that the Xbox One is the future, and the PS5 (if there is going to be one) will be similar to the Xbox One.

But honestly, this is great for Microsoft, and I personally hope that the Xbox One will do great.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx