Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 11,914

irken004

And they couldn't bother to remove all that during E3? Oh well, Sony still has an upperhand with their price, even with the mandatory (but awesome) PS+ requirement.

RR529

I'm not sure I'll get one, but this is positive news indeed.

SCAR392 wrote:

So the Xbox One doesn't require online or used game stuff anymore?

Looks like I'm getting an Xbox One.

Well yeah, based on your previous comments, you were already planning on getting one, regardless of it's issues.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DarkLloyd

still too much bad blood with them for me to even consider it, i wil stick to the usual plan getting a ps4.

its going to take years for micro to even win me over at all

DarkLloyd

8BitSamurai

"Hey guys, after we told you to dealwithit and buy our old systems if you didn't like our policies, we're now doing a 180! But you still need to pay at least a hundred dollars more, need an internet connection to setup, and you need to always be "kinected"

Too little, too late.
Still, a major victory for gamers in general.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

shingi_70

Hmm while this thread is getting traction. XBox Live is having a sega sale and is Sonic Generations worth $10.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FireMario887

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I don't really get why Sony would do this if they want used media to be free.

Sony patient things they'll never use all the time.

like The Last Guardian!

rimshot

PS4 has free online? It's beating the One the way I see it. I may be actually interested in the PS4 now, but Nintendo is always of my center of gaming.

FireMario887

FireMario887

Oh darn it, oh well. I guess Nintendo really is my ONLY and central gaming device company.

FireMario887

pntjr

Before E3, the Xbox One was completely unnatractive to me. After E3, it started to look better. Now, it's looking even greater. I'm still getting a PS4 in favor though, because I don't play video games every day, and if I don't turn it o every day it becomes a useless brick. Fun. Plus, PS+ is cheaper than XBL.

The funny thing is, I see what Microsoft is doing, I really do. The Xbox One is a glimpse of the future of gaming, but they are forcing it down everyone's throat, when they need to realize that the consumers don't like this. Nobody likes the fact that they have to daily check in online in order to make thier console functional, or that they have to pay extra for used games. But personally, I beleive that the Xbox One is the future, and the PS5 (if there is going to be one) will be similar to the Xbox One.

But honestly, this is great for Microsoft, and I personally hope that the Xbox One will do great.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

8BitSamurai

@Varia01
The paid online did dissapoint me , But, PS Plus really does pay for itself. You get a whole boatload of games for nothing, and tons of discounts on the PS store, with other features to boot. Plus, it's a tad cheaper than XBL Gold. So, I wouldn't write off a PS4 because of it.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

CanisWolfred

pntjr wrote:

Before E3, the Xbox One was completely unnatractive to me. After E3, it started to look better. Now, it's looking even greater. I'm still getting a PS4 in favor though, because I don't play video games every day, and if I don't turn it o every day it becomes a useless brick. Fun. Plus, PS+ is cheaper than XBL.

The funny thing is, I see what Microsoft is doing, I really do. The Xbox One is a glimpse of the future of gaming, but they are forcing it down everyone's throat, when they need to realize that the consumers don't like this. Nobody likes the fact that they have to daily check in online in order to make thier console functional, or that they have to pay extra for used games. But personally, I beleive that the Xbox One is the future, and the PS5 (if there is going to be one) will be similar to the Xbox One.

But honestly, this is great for Microsoft, and I personally hope that the Xbox One will do great.

They turned off the required check-ins too, I think.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GamerJunkie

This is a big deal for holiday season, it will put the Wii u #3 in sales for NA/EU IMO.

With DRM, PS4 was going to dominate and let Wii U and Xbox One battle it out for distant 2nd. Now its changed.

For Nintendo fanboys yea, they didn't care about the xbox one before or after this announcement, but for the world outside that bubble this is huge news.

Tons of former Xbox one loyal customers had already pre-ordered a PS4, now many will go back and like I said itll make it a harder decision for peopel choosing from today on which to get and also during xmas and holidays.

As for me, I have my Wii U, pre-ordered my PS4, and now I will consider an Xbox One in the future, I will have to see some feedback from people first though . I do like to watch sports so that football thing was kinda interesting but the DRM was a killer, now I'll have at least investigate lol.

Edited on by GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie

shingi_70

Its HAWT
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Marthstache

So is it now called the Xbox One....Eighty?
Consumer confusion!

Switch friend code: SW-0945-0439-9685
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: 8bitRadGravy
3DS friend code: 1633 4200 3583

FireMario887

@8BitSamurai: Very true, your right. I guess Japanese gaming companies share the care they do consumers... Heh. I may look forward to a PS4.

FireMario887

shingi_70

Project Spark looks like I've wanted in a creative maker game.

WAT!

FireMario887

Wait, what does DRM stand for? EDIT: Nevermind just found out.

Edited on by FireMario887

FireMario887

IIaprghwrughapiw

This change of policies on DRM is great news. Not only for Xbox fans, but also for the consumers who've whined, complained, cried, and screamed with fanboy rage!

IIaprghwrughapiw

rayword45

Yep, I have the same opinion as everyone else on policy change.

I mainly came here to ask, who the hell came up with the shortened name "XBone" and who agreed that was a good idea? Was the purpose to invoke adult images?

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic