Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,981 to 8,000 of 11,914

Justifier

I had pre loaded Gears 5 amazing game. I had notification that I lost connection with xbox live, but I could play normally (single player campaign). Normally game pass cuts me down when I lost connection.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

BruceCM

Greedfall out today.... Anyone else playing it?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ninfan

I see there's a new battletoads game coming out for Xbox , can't wait . Rockhard game but one of the best games I ever played. I played the one on the gameboy it was as good as the one in the arcades, which says a lot about it. Does anyone know where I watch some gameplay of it

Ninfan

Grumblevolcano

@Ninfan We don't know much about it and apparently it's still launching in 2019. The next episode of Inside Xbox is on September 24th so maybe we'll know more about it there, with Gears 5 already released the next 1st party game is Battletoads if it still releases in 2019 or Ori 2 if it doesn't.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

New Game pass games incoming.

Lego world's is a decent minecraft clone, my kids enjoy it still. Dirt Rally 2.0 is a fantastic Sim as well if you're into that style of racing!

redd214

BruceCM

Huh, way too late for me with Bloodstained, @DarthNocturnal .... Finished main story before it even got updated on Switch & since completed it If anyone hasn't played it yet, I definitely recommend trying it when it's in GamePass!

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 I used to like the Dirt games, but haven't played any recent ones. How does this one compare to WRC 6, in your opinion?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

@ThanosReXXX to be honest man, I've never really been a fan of the WRC games though 8 seems to be doing much better critically than the last few so may check it out. The Dirt series has basically branched off into 2. The numbered ones are more "simcade" with the Dirt Rally branch being more all out Sim focused. I like it being a car nerd but it is pretty punishing initially. Once you find your sweet spot though it's bliss, especially with a wheel. Definitely worth a shot and you can still get 2 months of GP for $2 I believe!

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, I may have to look into it, then. I also don't like WRC games, but I did try WRC 6 because it was free with Gold. Or maybe it was 5 and I have the demo of 6. Either way, both are less than stellar, so if Dirt is considerably better, then I may have to give that a go at some point indeed.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BruceCM

Who's the resident Divinity Original Sin expert here....? Just starting, anything I should know?

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM That might be @NEStalgia, although I'm not entirely sure. But he'll notice I tagged him, so he'll probably let us know shortly...

NEStalgia

@BruceCM Sorry, I don't know too much about it. I could tell you anything about the original Black Isle/Bioware Infinity Engine games when they come out in December on consoles, but Divinity I could never get into the first one. It missed "something" magic about the classics IMO. I'm very interested in the sequel though, but I've yet to play it.

@ThanosReXXX Go play with your Pyra body pillows.

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Thanks, @ThanosReXXX .... I got both & naturally start with 1st, @NEStalgia I'll have to look into the 'classes', since I'm not familiar with most of their variants

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Ah, well. It was worth a shot.
You're welcome, @BruceCM. Sorry it didn't help much.

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Decided to give Google a go, and came across this Wiki fan page, which explains just about everything there is to know about the game and the rest of the series, so that should be more than enough to get you off to a good start:

https://divinity.fandom.com/wiki/Divinity:_Original_Sin

BruceCM

Thanks, @ThanosReXXX .... I was just looking, too! Should be more than enough

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM You're welcome. Ever since I myself first wanted to learn more about how to play games, I've nearly always been able to find a relevant Wiki fan/Fandom page for it, so in general, it's a good site to keep in your favorites, for any kind of new or old game you want to learn more about.

BruceCM

It has a 'classless' system, with presets, @ThanosReXXX .... Which can be customized however you want Are the other games in the series worth getting? I'd only heard of the 2 before!

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Well, I do have one of them installed on my Xbox 360, but I never really dove into it all that far, and it has been a LONG time ago since I played it, so I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you anymore.

The series is often mentioned in top lists though, so I'd imagine that any of them are indeed at the very least worth a playthrough.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic