Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,961 to 7,980 of 11,903

Eel

Wooo I finally got around to moving my Xbox back to my room, and finally redeemed the prepaid card I got last prime day.

Used it to get a year of gold, and then upgraded it to game pass ultimate.

Fancy.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

Oh Snap! TTT2! My wiiu is in storage so that is great! Plus I can use it at my fighting game meetup.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

Gears 5 comes out in like a week. Is there like zero hype for this? Or have I just stopped following the sites and channels that care about Xbox stuff so I don't hear about it?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Life is promoting Gears 5 for some reason. I expected August/September to have ads for Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Link's Awakening, DQXI S, etc. but instead it's been Cyberpunk, Gears 5 and Telling L!es.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano Ah, the joys of using uBlock Origin...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yeah like redd214 says, I doubt Nintendolife decides which ads show (unless it's non-google ads they've organised themselves).

I've seen loads of Xbox youtube ads in the last month and 90% of them have been for Cyberpunk. Don't think I've seen any for Gears. Lol they really want you to remember that Cyberpunk is on Xbox.

BruceCM

I see ads for plenty of games here & elsewhere.... XBox certainly keeps on about Gears 5, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

redd214

Solid group of games coming soon to game pass

Also Gears 5 seems to be reviewing very well. Though I didn't really enjoy the MP beta I'm liking what I'm reading about the campaign.

redd214

Dezzy

Gears 5 is at 86 on opencritic.

Nice to see a good Xbox exclusive that isn't a Forza game. I still haven't played Gears 4 though so I'll wait til this one is in the bargain bucket.

redd214

@Dezzy it's on game pass, you can get 2 months for 2 bucks, how much more bargain bin can it get lol

redd214

Dezzy

@redd214

I prefer to own physical copies when possible. Especially if it's a big file size. Xbox games tend to drop in price quite a lot anyway so I bet it'll be about half the current price in a years time.

Edited on by Dezzy

JoakimZ

Dezzy wrote:

I prefer to own physical copies when possible. Especially if it's a big file size.

Why especially if it’s a big file size? Physical or digital, the whole game has to install on the HDD anyway. Same with PS4.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

redd214

@Dezzy you have to install the whole game whether physical or digital nowadays so isn't file size kind of irrelevant

redd214

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

@Dezzy you have to install the whole game whether physical or digital nowadays so isn't file size kind of irrelevant

Not if you live in the countryside where the internet speed is often terrible.

The place I'm currently living is fine, but my parent's house is incredibly bad cos they live in the middle of nowhere. If you need a 50GB download to play something, you basically can't play it whilst living there. It would take like over a week to download that.

redd214

@Dezzy just preload it lol. All good man hope you enjoy it whenever you get to play it!

redd214

Ryu_Niiyama

Nice, I can't afford creature in the well right now anyway. Game Pass helps me survive the Switch Avalanche.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

redd214

Gears 5 is good, like really really good. Shooting, movement, progression everything just feels spot on. Very impressed by it!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic