Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 781 to 800 of 1,817

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

781. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

And here we have it. No more online check ins for starters...

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

(there still be the kinect issue though)

Kinect can be set to what you want it to share, .

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

782. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

This is probably the most ironic thing I've ever read coming from you.

Because?

I said a while back that when there were rumors that I would have some respect for Microsoft on some level if they went through with this stuff.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

783. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Yep good and with that I'll probably be grabbing an Xbox this fall. Sucks they got rid of the awesome sounding game sharing feature, but again the console microsoft wanted is at least ten years in out from being a reality.

The sharing feature isn't too bad of a sacrifice though. Only one person could play at a time anyway, so unless you're continuously swapping games with a friend across the country, its not much greater than just swapping discs.

Besides, they knew that would be exploited by people just adding other random people. It would have been regulated a lot more than they were letting on.

In addition to this, the only other 'positive' offered by MS for the always-online thing was cloud services, which can just as well be optional. Plus this guarantees they can't tell us to screw ourselves when they shut down their servers and we want to play single player games. All around great news.

I still won't get one at launch in spite of their initial stubbornness, but I'm much more likely to pick one up later on down the road though.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

784. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

And here we have it. No more online check ins for starters...

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

(there may still be the kinect issue though)

Heh, heh about time they figured out what went wrong.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Currently Nominating Best Spooky VGMs and Best RPG Battle Music

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

785. Posted:

I would now consider X1 later in the future after a healthy price drop. They've done wonders today.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

786. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

I would now consider X1 later in the future after a healthy price drop. They've done wonders today.

I think the military bad press is what solidified the decision.

Its so freaking crazy how they could have just announced this last week and Won E3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

787. Posted:

Its also Region Free meaning Nintendo is the odd one out on that front. (and oddly enough their the only ones with a Japan only game I want currently in DQX)

WAT!

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

788. Posted:

Good looks Microsoft!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

789. Posted:

An interesting turn of events to say the least.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

Peach64

790. Posted:

And they're back in the game. Still more expensive, but arguably a better line up of exclusives than PS4.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

791. Posted:

" just hope the internet doesn't perceive this as Microsoft giving a **** about people wanting to play offline all of a sudden. They clearly thought that after showing off their selection of games at E3 the internet would change its views and when nothing changed they decided to pull a 180 as fast as possible to save what little positive PR they have left. If Microsoft truly cared about consumers then they would've removed this DRM back when the rumors started to surface about this always online MONTHS ago."

Anyways, I'm glad that they did all this. I'm still not buying the thing, but at least the future looks much brighter.
I can see the sunrise. Isn't it beautiful?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

792. Posted:

Actually, I just realized the reason I'm disappointed (the other reason is just the first thing that came to mind).

This is less of a ridiculously fun train-wreck. BOO! :(

Nintendo's problems aren't as fun either.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

793. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

" just hope the internet doesn't perceive this as Microsoft giving a **** about people wanting to play offline all of a sudden. They clearly thought that after showing off their selection of games at E3 the internet would change its views and when nothing changed they decided to pull a 180 as fast as possible to save what little positive PR they have left. If Microsoft truly cared about consumers then they would've removed this DRM back when the rumors started to surface about this always online MONTHS ago."

Anyways, I'm glad that they did all this. I'm still not buying the thing, but at least the future looks much brighter.
I can see the sunrise. Isn't it beautiful?

Microsoft wanted this weird console that was going to push digital only, but were no where near ready for that. All digital works for somethings (phones, computers, but not things like games.

I comletely understand why microsoft is doing this, that said I don't really care because well games.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

794. Posted:

Alrighty, looks like there might be hope for Microsoft after all. Still have a ways to go, though.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

795. Posted:

Nice to see they finally figured it out. Good decision. The online connection during setup is weird, but I have good internet anyways. This will save the Xbox One from its formerly inevitable doom.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

796. Posted:

You don't even need good internet if all you're doing is set-up, I'd imagine.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

797. Posted:

Wow, Microsoft finally deduced that all the complaints over the past month probably meant that people weren't going to buy their system. Good job Microsoft, I still have no interest in your $500 tv remote.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

798. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

I think the military bad press is what solidified the decision.

Its so freaking crazy how they could have just announced this last week and Won E3.

That is true, and also the Amazon poll I believe was the final straw.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

799. Posted:

Wow, they knew they were going to crash and burn. Glad they were able to realize it.
Still not buying that stupid console.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

800. Posted:

yeah I honestly didn't care about the new Xbox even without the DRM nonsense or whatever. SONYLIFE and all that. All this did for me is make the Xbox a fun clusterfiretruck and the internet more entertaining. Now it's just boring again, if with a better exclusive lineup than I would have predicted.

Edited on by kkslider5552000