Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,721 to 7,740 of 11,914

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Exactly, the first Tomb Raider games were like point and click adventures but in 3D and with a few enemies. The controls were tank-like which reminds me how smooth the controls and the camera are in the new games and that's one of the reasons why they are more enjoyable than Uncharted: gameplay, controls and camera.

True, Tomb Raider is more popular as a franchise and Lara Croft is one of the most popular video game characters ever, I was referring to the Uncharted games overshadowing the new Tomb Raider trilogy somehow. Probably it's because of what you said, Square Enix's unrealistic expectations and risky exclusivity choices.

Uncharted 1 is so frustrating! I enjoyed 2, 3 and 4 because of the story and voice acting and some fun segments (races, etc.) but the gameplay is disappointing and frustrating somehow but much improved in 4. The Lost Legacy is also good but short.

The best 3D Sonic game is Team Sonic Racing and then Sonic Generations . Too bad that Sonic Generations is not 60 fps on Xbox One X because gameplay is way too fast.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

@NEStalgia & @BlueOcean, what you should try is playing TR 1 & 2 on a phone.... Just with touchscreen controls!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Banjo-

@BruceCM I played Tomb Raider 1 on PC, I remember that it was the "first" proper 3D game in Europe because Super Mario 64 was released in 1997. I watched it running on Saturn in a shop. Oh boy, I was just a kid. @NEStalgia is older.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Uncharted 1 really hasn't aged well. The gameplay design feels like something from 1999. The gunplay is just bad, but the worst part is it's long and tedious. You get to a new era and the enemies just come coming into the arena in the same spots forever and ever. You just want to move on, but you can't....it's just wave after wave. And then you get toward the end and you inexplicably get zombies. Kinda sorta tied to the story, but really it was just zombies randomly appearing. It just got so weird. Most of the series has supernatural stuff, but it didn't take the same bizarre "Last of Us Prototype #4" turn as the first one did. 2 still had the "waves of enemies syndrome" going on, but it at least felt better and more fun and less monotonous.

I've bought all the old Sonic games on X1 (including Adventure 2............ I hate myself. ) but yeah, Generations remains one of the best Sonic games. Sonic CD is a really nice treat though. The last of the true Sonic games (before Mania.)

NEStalgia

BruceCM

I'm talking about the Android ports of those, @BlueOcean .... Get back to me about controls after that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Those waves of enemies are annoying but on top of that the controls are terrible and if they kill you you have to restart from the last checkpoint so your nightmare begins again.

Are you really going to play all those 3D Sonic games though? I am still waiting for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (I know that I will probably wait forever), the Wii version has awful performance and resolution!

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@BruceCM Oh yep, you said touch controls on a phone and I didn't answer to that specifically. I assume that you have suffered those Android ports! There was a spin-off Tomb Raider game for older phones that is not that bad because it is 2D. I don't remember the name but it is a decent game.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Eh, I picked them up on sale for £1 each, @BlueOcean .... But touchscreen controls definitely don't work very well for them! I'll probably get them on my XBox, to try again with an actual controller, as I think they're quite cheap

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM They are good games... with a proper controller. And one of the things I like the most about Xbox is the controller. With Gold, Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration is just £6.74 now, Anniversary, Legend and Underworld are just £2.99 each! Get them!

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Pre-owned RotTR was £5, @BlueOcean.... With TR Definitive being £10 & SotTR £15, all XB1 versions While the other 3 are half price with Gold but I'll get them a bit later

SW-4357-9287-0699

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean lol there checkpoint thing is my biggest annoyance in gaming!

Someday I'll play the Sonics.....

Wasnt SART a GwG freebie about a year ago? Or do you mean one before "transformed"?

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

I think my rankings of the Tomb Raider games would be something like:
Last Revelation
Chronicles
Legend
Underworld
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider (2013)
Anniversary
Tomb Raider (1996)
Angel of Darkness

Unranked: Shadow of the Tomb Raider (have too much backlog)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Yeah I mean the one that I typed. There was no version of Transformed for Wii! Anyway, Team Sonic Racing has eight circuits from the first game and one, Ocean View, from the second game. Do you have the new game?

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean no i haven't bought the new one yet. I figure it's the kind of game that goes down in price fast . I loved SSART though!

NEStalgia

redd214

Here's a deal/way to make a quick few bucks for anyone. Requires Amazon Prime though, may be us only didn't check.

Not a crazy deal but easy way to make $10+ with minimal effort

Or you can make Fallout 76 truly free to play if you want lol!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Grumblevolcano

I wonder what's worse received, Fallout 76 or NES games

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

Didn't Twitch give Nintendo Online away? To be fair someone here said that they had fixed Fallout 76.

Banjo-

Eel

They're trying, from what I heard.

It's probably a bit too late though, the entire ordeal lowered their credibility and consumer respect quite a bit.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic