Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,721 to 7,740 of 7,763

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano I'm not an Xbox One X owner myself (got the S), but I wasn't aware that any people that do own them, were angered. I suppose as long as they handle it the right way, and the newer models are fully backwards compatible with everything we have right now, it'll be just fine.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DarkRula

Dezzy wrote:

How was that 5 years of work?

It wasn't. It was four years of working on technologically advancing cloud gaming, then a year of quickly throwing something together when they realised they couldn't get it working as they wanted.

Or something like that.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

shadow-wolf

@Grumblevolcano @ThanosReXXX I feel Xbox is going to go down that path — half step upgrades every 3 years instead of one major one every 6 years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this how PC works — small incremental upgrades that over the years result in a much more improved product that nevertheless has full backwards compatibility for games released for PCs years prior? I could see it working out fine.

shadow-wolf

ThanosReXXX

@shadow-wolf Well, while it's true that the PC market in and of itself offers (incremental) updates/upgrades to hardware in a certain time frame, it's not entirely comparable to console gaming, also because of the disparity in PC systems: there's not just low end, mid grade, and high end PC's, there's of course also people building their own custom systems, or companies/stores doing that for them.

That could never work in the console industry, unless they simplify it, but such a system is already in place, with the current entry model S, and the premium model X.

And from all we've heard so far, the same is going to happen with the next iterations. I simply see that already revealed disc drive-less One S as nothing more than a little added flavor in the same recipe for digital-only gamers, but I don't think they're going to go down a road where they, like the PC market, are going to offer a choice of three models every time.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BlueOcean

@shadow-wolf Something like that, PC gamers have to buy new GPUs and CPUs every few years. Xbox would be the same but relatively cheaper and hassle-free, with Microsoft earning money with the store and subscriptions. Backwards/forwards compatibility is the best feature of Xbox in my opinion especially considering that it is free and cross-buy (now extended to Windows 10).

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Grumblevolcano

Tomorrow's Inside Xbox mixpot is the Ebon Flintlock for Sea of Thieves and a Rage 2 avatar item.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

I've been waiting for that flintlock for a long while. It (as well as the “Onyx“ and “Obsidian“ items) matches the color scheme and appearance of the pre-order “Black Dog“ set. I missed all the other chances to get it...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

I just wanna see Halo Infinite gameplay and hopefully a Fable 4 reveal. That's all I need from this E3.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

Personally just want to get some info on xCloud and some next gen news. Not expecting a lot of surprises from Ms this year. Think we pretty much know what big games their going to show off and have some 3rd parties on stage (Gearbox/Division etc.) Don't think itll be a classic but still a solid showing overall

redd214

DarthNocturnal

Welp, not much on Inside. SAD and Game Pass Ultimate were shown, Ninja Gaiden II is BC (and a few other titles now have X enhancements), and.... well, not much beyond that. Just a look at a few upcoming games and/ or updates (SoT, Rage 2, etc).

Oh well. +1 Ebon Flintlock.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

redd214

Surprised they have the SAD edition at $250 when the normal S can be found for that or cheaper pretty regularly. Really thought $200 would be the max SRP. Doesn't seem like much of a deal at that price point imo.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Grumblevolcano

The most interesting part of the SAD trailer was Halo 5 split screen, that doesn't exist right now so suggests there's a future update.

EDIT: Oh, it's already been confirmed that the split screen was edited into the trailer.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acd...

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@redd214 It feels like it's priced for sale pricing. I.E. "The E3 mega-sale, save up to 30% on a new XBox One (SAD Edition) with purchase of 2 games!" type things. Set MSRP unreasonably so it looks like a great value when it's frequently on sale.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Well I've felt that was their strategy all along based on prior Phil comments, but I got eaten up alive in this thread for sticking with that.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia I understand "price conditioning" very well but this seems a bit bananas to me. I mean the SRP for the S and SAD are only apart $50, seems weird.

Was fully expecting to go balls to the wall with the pricing. Imagine $150 take a loss on HW but make up for it in subs, get people in and hooked on gamepass and prime them for xbox 2.

Ah well, at least their trying something new. We all know it'll be one sale soon enough but in my eyes this offers little value at their initial price, and that's coming from someone who is all digital and would be the target market potentially.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia From now on, we'll just call you The Oracle of Delphi...

NEStalgia

@redd214 I wonder if part of it is that not only is it positioned to go on sale, but that they'll put the S on sale less, or for less discounts than before, and move all the discounting the to the new budget entry. But yeah, it would have been insane to see the numbers change if they made it a loss leader and just started stealing Sony market share.

@ThanosReXXX Hey at least someone in this thread shared my thinking

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic