Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,661 to 7,680 of 11,914

PCkid

When you know that humanity is going lower than trash. Morons !

PCkid

Ryu_Niiyama

I live at a police station. Send it, seeeeeeeend it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BruceCM

There's a 'super games sale' on XBox's site here....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

Oh how very sneaky of Amazon.

Yesterday, the first big Xbox offer was the SAD for about under 200 dollars with all the discounts applied.

Today, they're having the regular Xbox one s for that price and similar bundles for a little more.

They waited until the SAD offer was over.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Who's this Major Nelson, anyway....?

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Oh, OK, cool.... Only familiar with Phil Spencer, really

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Major Nelson, or Larry Hryb, as he's actually called (Major Nelson is his gamer tag, you can even connect with him on Xbox Live) has been around since the first Xbox. Phil Spencer is still relatively new to the team, stepping in during the last bit of the Xbox 360's life cycle.

But I can understand that you only know him, seeing as he's normally the most visible in media and so on.
Just watch a few Inside Xbox episodes, and you'll see that these are almost always led and directed by Major Nelson, though.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm sure I'll become much more familiar with him from now on, @ThanosReXXX .... Never had XBox before, obviously, so it's only major events where it'd usually be Phil & I'd not really be watching to notice who else was part of it

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM That pun about "Major" events was intended, right?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BruceCM

No, actually... @ThanosReXXX; I'd love to say it was, though Anyway, if anyone wants to recommend some of the games now on sale in my thread for that, please would they do so

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM But in all seriousness: you might wanna watch some of those Inside Xbox episodes. It's good stuff. Kinda like Microsoft's version of Nintendo's Treehouse.

Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0il2l-B_WwZGnhZvmWkOc...

EDIT:
Might also help you with getting to know which games might appeal to you, since they dive a bit deeper than just the usual trailers and such.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

Cool, thanks, @ThanosReXXX ... Mostly, I like RPGs. That used to be primarily jrpgs but then I got into CRPGs & arpgs Also, other action-adventure games that might not qualify as rpgs but with good stories & gameplay?

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM The one RPG that any Xbox owner and RPG fan should get, is Blue Dragon. It's a MASSIVE, two disc game, in an anime/Japanese style, with a great story.

Other good ones, that also include some backward compatible titles, are:

• The Witcher games
  • The Dark Souls games (both available on Xbox 360 and Xbox One)
  • Monster Hunter World
  • NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  • The Fallout games, although maybe not 4 and definitely not Fallout 76, though
  • The Divinity games (both available on Xbox 360 and Xbox One)
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  • Eternal Sonata
  • Diablo III
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War & Shadow of Mordor
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Some action adventure games that I personally like:
(do keep in mind that some may not be on the backwards compatibility list, and some of them definitely classify as guilty pleasures)

• The Fable series
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • The Assassin's Creed games
  • The Warhammer games
  • The Risen games
  • The Sacred games
  • Hunted: The Demon's Forge
  • Rise of the Argonauts
  • The Darksiders games
  • Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
  • Golden Axe: Beast Rider
  • Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (although that's more of a beat em up action game)
  • The Deus Ex games
  • Knight's Contract
  • Conan

You can check out more info on the games here:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-one?xr=shellnav
and here:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-360?xr=shellnav
and you can find out if they are backwards compatible on this official page:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility?xr...

BruceCM

Ah, yes, Blue Dragon.... @ThanosReXXX; definitely getting that 1! Witcher 2, see how it goes & almost certainly 3 after that Played Tales of Vesperia on Switch but look forward to Arise on XBox. Don't actually know much about Warhammer video games but probably interested
Tried Darksiders on Switch & really didn't get on with it, sadly but Fable I've heard of! Not familiar with most of the rest but probably get Deus Ex games

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM The Warhammer games are pretty cool, in my opinion. There's the regular games, simply called Warhammer, and then any kind of subtitle, which look and play pretty much like what you expect from a medieval type RPG, and then there's my personal favorite, the Warhammer 40K or 40.000 series, which takes place in the future, often involving space and/or planetary battles. Here's a video review of one of these games on the Xbox One:

And if you're even remotely interested in, and/or a fan of Lord of the Rings, then the Middle Earth games are definitely also well worth a try. What you could also do, is go to the Xbox Marketplace on your Xbox, and check out the demo section. There's a lot of content in there, and as it so happens, there is a demo from Middle Earth: Shadow of War that you can download, so you can see if you might like it, before you decide to buy it or not. And if you do like it, then there's the added bonus of being able to import the progress that you've made in the demo into the full game, so that you don't have to lose the progress that you have already made in that demo.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention the two Middle Earth games... @ThanosReXXX! When I actually get the Xbox one, I'll be sure to try demos Will almost certainly get GamePass for at least a month, depending on offers on that & try everything in there Probably end up trying some Warhammer, too but The Risen & Sacred games aren't BC on XB1, sadly

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM GamePass is great, if you have a lot of time on your hands, because you really have to be able to make the most of the monthly subscription service. So, for me, it isn't any good, since I only ever game two or three nights at most, in a week, and only ever a couple of hours at most.

Good thing about the demos is that none of them are time-restricted, so you could play them over and over again, once downloaded, contrary to the games included on GamePass.

As for the Risen and Sacred games: sadly, it is indeed true that most of them are not backwards compatible, but Sacred 3 actually is, and the back story is not that heavy, that you'd have to play the first two games first, in order to understand the world and its lore and so on.

BruceCM

Cool, @ThanosReXXX .... Will see if it's still got the current 3 months of Ultimate for price of one, which would be worth getting Then, I can try demos & get on with games I definitely want, too! Other sorts of games I'll probably try, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic