Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 11,903

Romeo

they didn't give 1 single love about their customers and tried to completely love you over... and now they'll change their policies just because they're afraid the xbox one will flop please stop the profanity.-k8smum

and people will come running back and forget about everyting
pathetic

Edited on by k8sMum

Romeo

kkslider5552000

I think this is the only thing they could do at this point to make me respect the company less. If nothing else, I can in an odd way respect Microsoft's insane ideas. If anything, it'd make them seem less like a parody of business greed if they actually stick with their policies like they actually believe in anything beyond short-term profit. The risk of it is honestly the only thing keeping the Xbox One interesting instead of just a technically worse, more expensive PS4. Though I'm certainly the minority in that case.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

AlexSays

You would respect them less for listening to consumer backlash and adopting more consumer-friendly policies?

At least this makes some of your other peculiar philosophies make a little more sense.

AlexSays

kkslider5552000

AlexSays wrote:

You would respect them less for listening to consumer backlash and adopting more consumer-friendly policies?

At least this makes some of your other peculiar philosophies make a little more sense.

Well in one aspect. In many other aspects I wouldn't respect them, but in terms of actually having your own vision despite harsh criticism, I can respect that. On some, odd level. Just in that one though.

Also, because if you think this will lead to some major change for the company and they won't try something so blatantly greedy again, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Midnight3DS

Romeo wrote:

they didn't give 1 single love about their customers and tried to completely love you over... and now they'll change their policies just because they're afraid the xbox one will flop

and people will come running back and forget about everyting
pathetic

No.

As one of the Xbone's harshest critics, them reversing course because of mass criticism is positive for the consumer. There's nothing pathetic at all about embracing a better product.

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AlexSays

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Well in one aspect. In many other aspects I wouldn't respect them, but in terms of actually having your own vision despite harsh criticism, I can respect that. On some, odd level. Just in that one though.

This is probably the most ironic thing I've ever read coming from you.

Also, because if you think they won't try something so blatantly greedy again, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nobody said anything about this, nice try though.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Midnight3DS wrote:

As one of the Xbone's harshest critics, them reversing course because of mass criticism is positive for the consumer. There's nothing pathetic at all about embracing a better product.

Exactly. They listened to people and changed their course for the better.

IGN wrote:

Microsoft has changed its policies regarding Xbox One’s internet requirement, used game restrictions and more. Contrary to the details announced earlier this month, Microsoft has now confirmed news originally reported on Giant Bomb that Xbox One will no longer require an internet connection to play offline games or need to check in every 24 hours; instead, internet will only be required when initially setting up the console. Like on Xbox 360, "playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray."

Xbox One will also no longer restrict used games, and will instead allow discs to be exchanged in the same way they are on Xbox 360 with no additional restrictions for trade-ins or lending games to friends. The system is also no longer be region locked and all downloaded games will function the same way whether your console is connected or not.

No 24 hour policy, used games and rentals are fine now. These are great things, no matter how people will try to spin this.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

shingi_70

Yep good and with that I'll probably be grabbing an Xbox this fall. Sucks they got rid of the awesome sounding game sharing feature, but again the console microsoft wanted is at least ten years in out from being a reality.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Midnight3DS

And here we have it. No more online check ins for starters...

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

(there may still be the kinect issue though)

Edited on by Midnight3DS

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

(there still be the kinect issue though)

Kinect can be set to what you want it to share, .

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

kkslider5552000

AlexSays wrote:

This is probably the most ironic thing I've ever read coming from you.

Because?

I said a while back that when there were rumors that I would have some respect for Microsoft on some level if they went through with this stuff.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AlexSays

Sony_70 wrote:

Yep good and with that I'll probably be grabbing an Xbox this fall. Sucks they got rid of the awesome sounding game sharing feature, but again the console microsoft wanted is at least ten years in out from being a reality.

The sharing feature isn't too bad of a sacrifice though. Only one person could play at a time anyway, so unless you're continuously swapping games with a friend across the country, its not much greater than just swapping discs.

Besides, they knew that would be exploited by people just adding other random people. It would have been regulated a lot more than they were letting on.

In addition to this, the only other 'positive' offered by MS for the always-online thing was cloud services, which can just as well be optional. Plus this guarantees they can't tell us to screw ourselves when they shut down their servers and we want to play single player games. All around great news.

I still won't get one at launch in spite of their initial stubbornness, but I'm much more likely to pick one up later on down the road though.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Captain_Toad

Midnight3DS wrote:

(there may still be the kinect issue though)

Heh, heh about time they figured out what went wrong.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Midnight3DS

I would now consider X1 later in the future after a healthy price drop. They've done wonders today.

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

I would now consider X1 later in the future after a healthy price drop. They've done wonders today.

I think the military bad press is what solidified the decision.

Its so freaking crazy how they could have just announced this last week and Won E3.

WAT!

shingi_70

Its also Region Free meaning Nintendo is the odd one out on that front. (and oddly enough their the only ones with a Japan only game I want currently in DQX)

WAT!

MAN1AC

An interesting turn of events to say the least.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Peach64

And they're back in the game. Still more expensive, but arguably a better line up of exclusives than PS4.

Peach64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic