Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,561 to 7,580 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Yes, backwards compatibility on Xbox One is a BIG thing, so not only is there a wealth of Xbox 360 titles that you can play on the Xbox One, but there's also quite a few original Xbox titles to choose from. And all benefit from being on a more powerful platform in some way, so the Xbox One either offers better frame rates or better graphics on all of these titles, and then there's the Xbox One X, that also offers additional upscaling of the graphics on those older titles.

So, it all depends on what you want/are looking for.

P.S.

I would advise against a pre-owned console, especially if you're getting an Xbox One S, which can now be bought for only slightly more than you'd have to pay for a pre-owned one. Better do it right the first time around, if you ask me. Just check your local game stores for offers. Around this time of year, some kind of bundle should be available for an interesting price point.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Banjo-

@BruceCM I haven't played any Castlevania game yet. Yeah I liked Quantum Break and the episodes are great so watch them. They are optional but also the best thing in the game.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Well, I'll check in store, @ThanosReXXX, when I have the money.... Obviously, if there's sales & good bundles, I might manage to get a 'new' one S Certainly not a one X but then I'm not getting a huge 4k TV, since I can't afford that
Why not, @BlueOcean? The non Iga ones aren't supposed to be as good & they're a bit different in gameplay, I hear I'd still like to play those for comparison but the ones he did are the best

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

If you can wait for Black Friday or your local equivalent, I got my S brand new with a game for 200 US dollars last year.

It maybe could go lower this year.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Yeah, I certainly can't afford it right now.... We get Black Friday sales here in UK, fortunately Got my current phone less than half price last year, as it's the 'older' model

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM What is non LGA? I haven't played any Castlevania game yet because of no special reason but there are some available on Xbox One and New 3DS and I'll get the Anniversary Collection eventually. Is there any order I should play them in? Which ones are the must-play? Also, I agree with @Morpheel to wait for a new Xbox One S deal so you buy a new console just in case.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

DarkRula

@DarthNocturnal What are you using for drifting? You don't want to use a RWD car unless you can control them [especially since they require the most work to keep stable]. FWD won't drift at all, or at least are hard to keep drifting. I'm sure you've already seen me talking about my drifting Mini some time back, which I modded specifically to tackle the challenges. AWD, shortest gear shifts possible, and an adjustment to the wheels to make sure they're not trying to keep grip when cornering. Might help you, especially as you can swap to manual gears, put it up to 4th, and keep it there, which might also help.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Banjo-

@DarkRula @DarthNocturnal I find the drifting challenges extremely difficult to beat with 3 stars in Forza Horizon 3 and 4. I think I only achieved it once in each game and it took me a long time. They are so frustrating. I'd rather not use manual gears.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

DarkRula

@BlueOcean That's the beauty of shortest gear shifts, though. You don't have to think too much about it. Just set it to the gear you want [as I suggested the 4th], and you barely have to think about it being in manual. Once you've done the challenge, just put it back to auto and drive to the next.

DarkRula

Banjo-

@DarkRula So basically do the whole challenge in gear 4, right? What car do you recommend for FH3 and for FH4? In FH4 I downloaded a few modified cars but still had a hard time. In FH3 I don't think that is possible.

Banjo-

DarkRula

@BlueOcean As long as you can find a decent accelerating AWD car, you should be fine. In FH4, you might be able to use my tune for the 2012 Mini. When I'm playing next, I'll see if I can recreate it in FH3, as I'm pretty sure there's a way to share tunes on that one as well.

DarkRula

BruceCM

Koji Igarashi is the guy who did Castlevanias from Rondo of Blood to Harmony of Dispair, @BlueOcean .... I only got to play Dawn of Sorrow & Portrait of Ruin on DS, then the few on Vita from PSP & PS1 classics So, I can't really advise on the rest of them! Generally, Symphony of the Night is considered the best one
They're really hardly connected to each other, so it doesn't matter if you play any before whichever catches your eye Sadly, the Anniversary Collection is the older ones before his & are mostly worth playing if you were already a fan

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@DarkRula Thank you, that would help. At what speed do you drive? Do you keep the same speed? Do you use the hand brake before or after turning and you just tap it briefly? What is your ID to find your Mini in FH4?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@BruceCM So I should probably start with Symphony of the Night.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Yeah, then, if you don't like that, might as well give up on most of the series, @BlueOcean ....
The 3 Lords of Shadows games (which I still want to play) got a rather mixed reaction from fans, for changing quite a few things

SW-4357-9287-0699

DarkRula

@BlueOcean Gear four on that Mini build maxes out around 74mph, and since you won't be changing up, you'll be at that speed when starting the drift, and staying near 60 throughout the drift zone. If you push it hard enough, it should start drifting without the handbrake, especially if you accelerate as you turn, but a tap of the handbrake should give it a boost if you need it. Gamertag is DarkRula, same as here.

DarkRula

BruceCM

So, just to double-check, backwards compatibility does include physical games, right? I feel like that's a stupid question but if I don't make sure.... Only a lot of those are a lot cheaper than the digital versions usually

SW-4357-9287-0699

Eel

If the game is backwards compatible, your system will download the digital version, and the disc serves as a key to play it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Yes, that goes for both physical as well as digital.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic