Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,541 to 7,560 of 11,903

Eel

Each game stays up for like two or so weeks I think, you can just redeem them anytime during that period.

If you get physical cards then you can save them for when a game you want is up. Otherwise, when the sales are digital it’s usually so cheap it doesn’t matter what’s free at the moment

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Really? Well, then you're talking to the wrong person, because I NEVER sell or trade in my games.
I only ever buy the ones I really want, and even once I've finished them, I'll always want to be able to go back to them every once in a while, or maybe after a couple of years, in which case it would be an absolute shame to find out that I don't have that game anymore, and/or that it's also not available anymore around that time.

And of course you don't have to download ALL the free games, but even then, you'd VERY easily get your money's worth from the 40-45 euro you'd have to pay for a yearly subscription. But of course, in the end, it's all up to you. All we can do is give you options and suggestions.

But another good point that people have mentioned, is that you also won't get any heavy discounts without Gold, so besides the monthly free games, that certainly is another good reason to get Xbox Live Gold, even if you don't even spend one single day gaming online...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

With so many games, @ThanosReXXX, there's very few I like enough to replay Especially with the longer ones! GamePass would be great for me I could try all sorts of games I wouldn't have risked buying

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Well, there you go. Always good to have options, though, so I'd say keep all of them in mind, and once you've actually got the console, and have played on it for a couple of months, you might still come across some special games that you DO want to keep, or revisit, and in that case, Xbox Live Gold will always be there. You could always just take a single month, to grab some of the stuff you want, and to download games at a discount with Deals with Gold, unless of course, you're a physical games only person, in which case none of that matters.

I myself am 50/50 in that respect: I do buy a lot of games in an actual brick and mortar store, but I also own plenty of digital titles, thanks in large part to the Games with Gold initiative.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

Yeah, if there are GwG I want or whatever, @ThanosReXXX .... Do I gather xbox one can play most 360 games, too?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM

Because of what you have shared with us until now, I'd advise you an Xbox One S bundle. These are some of the bundles on xbox.com but you can look elsewhere:
https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-one/consoles?xr=shellnav

Then just get Gold, Game Pass or Ultimate (Ultimate is Gold and Game Pass). The first month is £1 so get Ultimate the first time. Then you can get any of them whenever you want depending on the deals available. Gold gives you online gaming, discounts on games and free games and with Game Pass you can download and play games.

List of games with Gold, you can check every month to see what games you can get:
https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live/gold?xr=shellnav#gameswithgold

These are the games available on Game Pass:
https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-game-pass/games?xr=shellnav

This is the list of backwards compatible games, most of them are Xbox 360 games and some are Xbox games:
https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

And... enjoy!

Banjo-

Eel

Just remember to cancel auto renewals from your Microsoft account settings after you’ve purchased your trial.

Unless you do want it to renew automatically.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Thanks, @BlueOcean .... I'd be getting a pre-owned console, though, since they're about £150-200 Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is included, right?
Yeah, I'm used to doing that, thanks, @Morpheel

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM No problem and yes, the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is backwards compatible and improved because Square Enix restored the high quality cut-scenes for both Xbox One S and X.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Ooh, found an easier list... Jade Empire, KotoR, (not sure about 2nd of those) Heard good things about the 2 Alan Wake games & Alice: Madness Returns Would like to play the Castlevanias there, too! Too long a list, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal You beat every game and every expansion hours after release. Meanwhile, I can't keep up!

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

DarkRula

@Buizel Seconding what @DarthNocturnal said in that the LEGO expansion is fun. The main meat of it is the challenge list, which sets you up with doing plenty of things within the world and with various cars, so you aren't just restricted to the PR stunts and races. I'll also second the lack of actual LEGO cars featured, especially as the Speed Champions theme has more than thirty cars within it, and I was expecting to see at least ten of them recreated here. Doesn't spoil the enjoyment of it, though.

I do have to wonder if this was the original plan for the expansion, or whether something else was meant to come instead before they jumped on the chance to do this. And of course I'd have liked an extra challenge within the races to try for like with Blizzard Mountain of FH3.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Buizel

@DarthNocturnal Good to hear. It's all new to me (I've never touched a Forza game before) and I've just picked up the Ultimate Edition, so I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed with all the content regardless.

At least 2'8".

BruceCM

Anyone played Alien Isolation...? Is it good?

SW-4357-9287-0699

JoakimZ

@BruceCM The general consensus seems to be that Alien Isolation is a good game...
I absolutely hated it, though so it’s not for everyone. I don’t think I’ve ever been so frustrated with a game as I were when playing Isolation.

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

BruceCM

Is there a better way to sort games on the actual XBox....? I'll get fed up going through more than 1500 of them!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM @JoakimZ I am fan of the survival horror genre but I haven't played Alien Isolation after reading reviews because I know it's not for me either. Too much hiding and too much waiting, right?

@BruceCM Alice: Madness Returns got mixed reviews but I haven't played it. Castlevania Symphony of the Night is a Game with Gold now.

Banjo-

BruceCM

BlueOcean wrote:

Castlevania Symphony of the Night is a Game with Gold now.

Lols, played that on Vita... It won't be free with gold by the time I get an XBox 1, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM Will you get the Castlevania Anniversary Collection? I want to play Symphony of the Night first.

(Now busy with Monster Hunter World...)

Banjo-

BruceCM

BlueOcean wrote:

@BruceCM Will you get the Castlevania Anniversary Collection?

Completed that on Switch....

Quantum Break is XBox, right?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic