Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,481 to 7,500 of 7,637

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Oh, yeah.
I forgot you play Dreamcast too. 😅

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter And Nintendo, AND Xbox, AND PC...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

PCkid

Thanks to you people.

So now, I have something else to ask.

How would you react if the next system from Microsoft would be a "Nintend'BOX" ?
Imagine a collab' between MS and BigN. To make it simple, MS brings the power and the online network that Nintendo doesn't have and, in return, Nintendo brings the Japanese market + the IPs to MS.

How would you react on that ?

PCkid

PCkid

Keep an eye on the GDC. March 18-22 2019.

https://www.gdconf.com

Microsoft would prepare a new SDK to facilitate the Xbox Live services on Nintendo Switch and mobile devices, something already effective internally with Minecraft (from where the fact that you can unlock success even on the Nintendo console), but this time will be accessible for third-party and independent publishers.

We should obviously be hearing about this next month during the GDC, and this may be an opportunity to formalize the rumor of an arrival of titles like Ori and the Blind Forest and Switch Cuphead, as well as the famous case of Xbox Game Pass via xCloud.

According to Windows Central sources, the SDK would cover the following things:

• Access to the Xbox Live account
  • Success
  • Cross-play & Cross-save
  • Cross-Buy in the case of micro-transactions and DLC

PCkid

Dezzy

Are Microsoft forgetting that exclusive games are the main reason people buy consoles in the first place?

If every single one of their exclusives is on PC, and the lower spec games are on Switch, why should I buy the next Xbox console?
There's no reason to. I'll almost definitely get the PS5 instead.

That said, I'm glad this new rumor maintains their original claim that Halo Infinite will be cross-gen. I want that running on my current Xbox.
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/rumor-two-next-gen-xbox-models-to...

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy They won't care much, though. On the one hand, there will always be people that either want to remain exclusively on Xbox, so these will buy a console or an online subscription anyway, and I can practically guarantee you that if Project xCloud does indeed come to the Switch, that masses of people will take a subscription for that too, so on the other hand, their plan to go more into the direction of Games as a Service will also bear more than enough fruit for them, so it's win-win for them, no matter which scenario is going to actually be true.

And Phil Spencer has already said that, for the coming generation at least, there will still be a physical console for people who prefer that, so we can choose either streaming or local play. It's more choices, which is always a good thing.

The combination Xbox/Switch will ultimately be a VERY interesting one, in my opinion, if the whole "streaming Xbox games on Switch through Project xCloud" actually turns out to be true.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

WebHead

Xbox hardware will become like the Surface line basically.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy The PS4 did well enough without exclusive games. The first few years were virtually nothing but last gen ports and multiplatform games yet it still did very well. All it would take is arrogant Sony to stay arrogant going into the PS5 reveal and you've got next gen being a reversed current gen.

Then you've got the whole xCloud situation, it's probably going to be unreliable garbage outside Japan so Microsoft has a win-win situation. Microsoft gets into the Japan market via xCloud on Switch meanwhile the rest of the world has to buy the next Xbox or a PC to reliably play upcoming Xbox games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Dezzy Eh. MOST people buy consoles to play big, annualized multiplatform games and little else. It's why Microsoft can bungle the Xbone's launch, develop almost nothing of substance that's exclusive to the system, and still have it sell better than the majority of Nintendo's home consoles.

Ralizah

Dezzy

@Ralizah

That's why people buy A CONSOLE, not why people buy specifically either PS or Xbox.

What I meant was that there would be no reason to buy an Xbox specifically. People will just get a Playstation and then play Microsoft games on PC.

Ralizah

@Dezzy Most people buy one or the other depending on the price and how many of their friends owns one or the other. Advertising also has a major impact. There would have been a lot less PS4 owners if Microsoft hadn't handled the launch so poorly.

If Microsoft launches their next console at a lower price point and with comparable specs to the PS5, they'll likely become competitive in the console space again. Especially if they push GamePass hard.

Ralizah

Morpheel

What if project xcloud could work form your personal Xbox like steam link does?

That would be a good incentive to have your own Xbox even if you plan to play on another device, since you could have your own personal local server.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ReaderRagfihs

Ralizah wrote:

Most people buy one or the other depending on the price and how many of their friends owns one or the other.

This. My brother wanted to get a PS4, but all of his friends had Xbox One, so due to the lack of cross play he had to go with Xbox.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

IceClimbers

Besides, the real competition is in streaming with Google and Amazon, who both plan to enter the gaming industry. Google plans to announce their own gaming hardware at GDC in fact.

There's a reason Microsoft and Nintendo are partnering up. Gives Microsoft a leg up on the upcoming competition. Meanwhile Nintendo knows they don't have the capital and expertise to compete in streaming as they can hardly do a basic online infrastructure, so why not partner up with the company that already has a foothold in the industry? Hell, Microsoft may be paying them money to keep Google and Amazon off the Switch.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy Most people buy one or the other depending on the price and how many of their friends owns one or the other. Advertising also has a major impact.

Yes but those friends aren't going to be choosing a console at random.
Most people I know bought X360 for the 7th gen, but then switched to PS4 this gen. It's not just the exclusives, but the starting price was an issue, and the fact that the PS4 is more powerful.
But exclusives are pretty much the biggest issue for single player gamers like me.

Grumblevolcano

Really bad mistakes by the competitor at and around system reveal is a huge factor why 360 and PS4 came on top. Hopefully Microsoft have learned their lesson from the mess of the XB1 reveal and E3 2013.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Yes but excellent exclusives is one of the reasons why the PS3 caught up in the end, but the Xbone hasn't.

WebHead

I hope MS understands that top tier games take time. I worry thry are gonna rush stuff to fill gsme pass like with sea of thieves and state of decay.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic