Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,481 to 7,500 of 11,903

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel My thoughts exactly.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Eww ya'll just reminded me that I need a new receiver and possibly a new tv (receiver is more important) when I move. ...I may just try to get mine serviced and buy a new set of cans. Well I have 10 months to waffle about that.

Also, spent the part of the weekend working on the story editor for AC Sparta...why is it Monday already?!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean I get too frustrated. When I get to the point that I want to smack the controller into concrete, it's time to move on to a new game I hate that I haven't seen the store endings to most of the KH games...but those bosses just infuriate me, and I hate repeating things I've already done. Chernabog in KH1 was my breaking point for that game. 2...I actually did make it past the one infurating boss and probably could have done the next one, but probably not the multi-phase final battle. I'm wondering how I managed DDD. Being handheld I think I find it easer to just pick up and give it a try from suspend at random times.

Personally I think I get super tense when boss battle music starts up and it messes me up. I had a few 3DS games with hard bosses that I couldn't do and was infuriated....then I picked it up randomly right before bed and breezed through it. Once you go into tense-mode, it's hard to do it right.

@ThanosReXXX Not even audiophile related, but the sound matters as much as or more than the visuals! It's true, if you take the most photo realistic of modern games and turn the sound off, it can feel pretty meh and uninvolving. OTOH take a pretty retro game with trash graphics but good sound, crank it up, and it's wholly immersive. That's why cinemas spend more on the sound than the projection system. The brain seems to react/absorb sound more completely than vision, or rather is more able to apply suspension of disbelief to sound.

@Morpheel Now play Cadence of Hyrule that way....

@Ryu_Niiyama LOL, at least someone understand the importance of audio. Pfft...peasants... Just don't tell Thanos what cans you were last considering. Just seeing the price tag may kill him.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I know audio is an important part of the experience as a whole, and it's not like I'm playing games like some kind of deaf mute. I just don't like people telling me I'm experiencing my hobby in some kind of bad or unimaginable way. I just don't care that much about the extra measures, and I very much mind the extra costs involved.

I suppose that this is where I should add that we should all respect each other's choices/tastes in that regard, and not ridicule them or go "eeeww!" every time we see some opinion or statement that we don't like, much less give people the idea that they somehow don't know how to use their video game console in the proper way.

And besides: it's just a hobby anyway, so literally NOTHING to get so worked up about or overly invested in. As I mentioned before, a large part of my income goes to other, more important investments and expenses, so gaming always comes last, and also because of that, buying games to play is first on the list, then somewhere far off in the distance come things like peripherals and/or additional appliances. That's just how I categorize/prioritize these things, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

And no offense, but seeing as it is ME myself who has to deal with that, and who is using it, I don't need anyone else to tell me otherwise.

On a side note: I still have to come across the price tag that'll potentially kill me. Usually I just shrug and deem it not worthy of my time and money. I don't scare easily. If at all...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX You know, sometimes I think your favorite part of conversation is finding lengthy ways to stop conversation.

As for the price tag...yeah...it's on the extreme side of extreme...albeit greater extremes exist. Something tells me @Ryu_Niiyama s priorities preclude that original interest in purchase...that was 2 moves ago.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Just let me get my stuff out of storage. Ryu is going SHOPPING! (I'm so afraid for my books right now...Cries)

Oh on a happy note about 1/3 of my Games from Game pass are done downloading. Will start Quantum break first I think.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yup, that's it, nail on the head. No, my friend. I just think you're a bit too extreme in your opinions sometimes, when it comes to things like these, and it doesn't come across as something good or as something that adds to the discussion in a constructive way, so at first I try to point that out a couple of times, and when that doesn't work, I turn up the volume a bit.

Pun intended.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX was the original Xbox better than Xbox 360 and on the original Xbox I think Microsoft did some brand new games and some re-releases what were they can you tell me some of them

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Well, I never owned an original Xbox, so I can't tell you too much about it. My first Xbox was an Xbox 360. I do own quite a few original Xbox titles that are compatible with the Xbox 360, and there's quite a few good games among them.

I'll browse through and/or list my entire collection later today, but for now, some Xbox 360 (and often times also Xbox One) backward compatible titles to check out are the following:

Black
Conker Live and Reloaded
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Burnout 3 Takedown
Burnout Revenge
Stubbs the Zombie
Ninja Gaiden Black
Genma Onimusha
Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2
Shenmue 2
Doom 3
Panzer Dragoon Orta

To get a better idea of some of the best games, this video might help:

And if you want to dive in completely, here's also a buying guide video for the hardware, which also features some more games:

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Have you tried playing on the easiest difficulty mode? Anyway, I understand what you mean, if you get nervous you are doomed. This must be why you'd prefer turn-based RPGs. I don't dislike action RPGs at all but Kingdom Hearts messed things up by adding multiple commands typical of turn-based RPGs to extremely fast action RPG gameplay. The worst case is Chain of Memories (3D version). In a sense, the gameplay is broken and spite of that, I enjoyed them. I haven't played III yet. Friends say that the story is disappointing and I tell them to not tell me but I suspect that the gameplay has been balanced.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

July Games With Gold have been announced:
XB1 - Inside, Big Crown Showdown
360 - Symphony of the Night, Meet the Robinsons

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

I just bought rare replay for 15 dollars. Which I hope is a good price.

I saw it for that price like a year ago in a particular store, before I had my Xbox, and since then it disappeared, until today.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel That's indeed quite a nice price. I paid 18 euros last month, which equals around $20, so you got the better deal. But either way, it's definitely worth either price. You'll see...

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal Agreed. It's worth getting an Xbox One just for that compilation (it's not a game) and it was 30 because of the 30 years, 30 games. That is €£$ 1 per game including rare game Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64). And now it's on Game Pass and X-enhanced too.

Banjo-

Eel

I bought dragon age last time it went down. It’s pretty addictive once the story gets going.

It reminds me I should finish it some day, I lost the loop after going out on a vacation and haven’t played since.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel I agree with your verdict. Very solid game, but it is a bit slow going at first. I've got all the Dragon Age games on Xbox 360, and I've found all of them to be well worth the time and money, if you like this type of game.

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Dragon Age: Inquisition very EA-ified if you're familiar with the masterpiece of Origins. But it improved some of the flaws of II at least. It's not a bad game, but don't go into it expecting old Bioware...it's Bioware + EA just as Mass Effect 3 is. It's...."streamlined".... But it's not inherently bad.

And any chance to get more dialog with Claudia Black as Kate Mulgrew's daughter is worth the price

NEStalgia

JoakimZ

@NEStalgia It is subjective of course, I think both DA2 and especially Inquisition is much better than Origins.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic