Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,401 to 7,420 of 11,914

DarkRula

I'd argue that a three day weekend might be better off since you have have the usual amount of time to slack off, plus an extra day to go half and half with tidying everything from the weekend and continuing to slack off.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Ryu_Niiyama

So I got the Game Pass Ultimate. Considering that I don't really buy games for the twins much anymore this might be a good fit. (At least I can cancel at anytime.) The only thing is my internet is slow so it is going to take a week for me to get the games I selected.

(too bad the update for AC: This is Sparta Edition is behind that...the story maker might pull me back in if it is good. I just want my Daphnae/Kassandra ending, darnit!)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Banjo-

Sonic games pop up in the weekly sale including Sonic Mania, Sonic Forces, new Team Sonic Racing and all the 360 Sonic games (backwards compatible). Time to race!

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama GamePass Ultimate and you were not two verbs I had at any point connected in my head.... I suppose not a bad deal if you game on PC and XBox....but I wonder how many people actually game on both PC and XBox enough for it to be a value? Still, most of the MS E3 is coming to Game Pass, so since I already signed up for 3 years last year when it was half price, I just get to try everything that comes out without paying a dime this year....so I'm pretty happy with the sub for now

@rjejr The good news is in the future world where automation replaces the need for most human labor, nobody will have to worry about Mondays. Of course they're all going to starve and die horrible, horrible deaths. Assuming they're not murdered by random bands of thugs first. But it's all in the name of Progress, so it's fine!

Fortunately after the inevitable culling, only a fifth or so of the world population will remain and life will be a lot better for everyone, so please look forward to that.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Morpheel I guess if you're subscribing monthly you're right. I forgot they even sold Live monthly since it's DOUBLE the price of buying yearly. So if you buy yearly, it's the exact same price but with PC added. And if you shop E3/XOxx/Black Friday sales, it's more expensive than buying separately.

What I'd love to see is a Game Pass annual for a discount the same way Gold annual is discounted. I'd buy an annual bundle of the two, easy for a discount on both.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

Ultimate is good value even if you don't play on PC. You get Gold (Deals with Gold, Games with Gold and online services) and Game Pass for far less than both subscriptions combined. It's like is it worth buying a Play Anywhere game if you only play on Xbox One? Yes, it is. The Windows compatibility and Game Pass for PC are a bonus.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Eel

Actually it seems you can just buy as much gold as you want, and then add the 1 dollar ultimate first-time subscription, and all that gold time you had initially is converted to ultimate.

So you could save a bit buying a few years worth of gold beforehand.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Banjo-

The E3 upgrade offer is the way to go whether you have Gold, Game Pass or both. You get free months of Ultimate if you upgrade Gold or Game Pass to Ultimate but you get additional free months if you have both and upgrade. In the future I think that we may see a one-year Ultimate subscription with a discount.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Eel

Talking about Gold... My subscription has been kinda weird since I redeemed the trial card...

The games and app say I have a gold subscription, I can get the games with gold (at least most of them), I can play online... All fine, right?

Well, my microsoft account doesn't say I have a subscription active (via the desktop microsoft site), and whenever I try to redeem a 360 game or deal, it doesn't react. I actually got charged for Earth Defence Force 2017 (already asked for a refund, I hope they actually give it to me), and when I tried to check the deals with gold, 360 games don't seem any cheaper.

I think that's also why Portal wasn't free the other day, it's not that I was too late, my gold subscription is just not entirely there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Banjo-

@Morpheel Free trials don't qualify for 360 Games with Gold because 360 Games with Gold are for you to keep forever. You need at least a full month subscription to get all the benefits of Gold.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

So, I just downloaded my free copy of Too Human. Anyone know why that was offered as a temporarily free game, outside of the constraints of Games with Gold? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Contrary to many other people, and to many review scores back in the day, I actually liked the game well enough...

@Morpheel Have you tried emptying your browser cache, or removing your Xbox site-specific cookies?
Signing out and back in again might also be an option. And just to be sure: do you buy from the American site, or is there a specific, regional site for Mexico?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

What @BlueOcean said might explain it.

It's certainly the first time I use a free trial.

As for where I buy from, usually I use the store directly in the xbox, though the main microsoft website and windows 10 store are perfectly usable too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Yeah that would be nice if there was an Ultimate annual with discount. Right now Ultimate is the same price as Pass + annual Gold (Not sure why anyone would buy monthly gold unless you're not a perpetual subscriber....it's half the price per year.) So if you currently by annual (I do) Ultimate wouldn't save me anything, currently, and limited time free promo stuff aside, and would actually cost more since I usually get Gold with sale promotions in Nov/Dec/June (same for Pass but the promos are less common since there's no annual, only a 3-month sub.)

Edit: Actually it looks like they do have a 12mo Pass now....but it's just $120/yr...no savings vs. monthly unless you get a sale. There's an Ultimate 3 month intro price card...but apparently you're allowed only 1per year on your account...... They're getting kind of weird with the promo pricing.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Next year we might see long-term deals for Game Pass and for Ultimate, ready before Scarlett.

@Morpheel Some 360 digital games are not available in every country. Actually, a lot of them aren't. Too Human is one of them.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

NEStalgia

The NHL'19 reviews are hilarious.....more entertaining than the game itself. There's another game they coulnd't give away.

@BlueOcean On one hand, probably during console launch is when they're least likely to discount since they're getting a surge of new subscribers anyway....OTOH as the underdog, that would be a juicy way to gain a foothold early against PS5.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia I think that they are going to push both Game Pass and Ultimate next year pretty hard. Right now backwards compatibility with all generations and Game Pass is the selling point of Scarlett vs. PS5.

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Yeah, must be the trial thing, then. Kinda skipped over that part...

Go to cdkeys.com and get a full year. In the end, that's always much cheaper, like @NEStalgia already mentioned.

As for Too Human: it really isn't that bad of a game.

@BlueOcean Too Human not available on your end, then? Or did you mean outside of Europe?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic