Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,381 to 7,400 of 8,523

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX NSMB actually gets a lot of backlash for the "plastic" look though....even the NL reviews kind of touch on that. It's pretty sterile.

Hah, oh, I'm still an audiophile, no question there. Compression artifacts in 320kbps MP3s drive me as nuts as @Zuljaras' XBox fans....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, at least he's not putting his ears to his hard drives yet. Or at least: far as we know...

As for NSMBU: perhaps a bad example then, but I reckon you're smart enough to get the gist of it.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

@Dezzy I mean, open space with a destructible environment would be impressive in 2005, but not today I think. So the biggest novelty is has going has been done before, and better I think. I'm just not sure what to think of it.

Octane

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

@Dezzy I think the problem is it's "just an AA" game that was hyped for years with delays and was one of the big hype engines at XBone launch. Launching currently as "well it's not about AAA graphics" as a big first party release from the company that's all about "the most powerful console ever made" seems a little weird. It shouldn't really be a problem, but in context it sticks out and anything that sticks out in gaming is easy to hammer down.

Obviously what's happened is they thought the destruction mechanics would be worth the long development time, and were worth sacrificing focus on the graphics as a tradeoff. But that's not really panned out.
I still don't think every exclusive needs to be AAA. I just regard this as another State of Decay 2 type game. (and I imagine it's price will quickly fall to that level)

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy I mean, open space with a destructible environment would be impressive in 2005, but not today I think. So the biggest novelty is has going has been done before, and better I think. I'm just not sure what to think of it.

The multiplayer is obviously a different issue from single player. I certainly agree the multiplayer doesn't look innovative enough to compete with the current market.
I still think single player might be a good dose of mindless fun though.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Completely agreed, and seeing as I also enjoyed the single player campaigns of the previous two games, I'm pretty sure that I will also enjoy the single player campaign in this new installment.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

If anyone wants to check out the "power of the cloud" they are having another wrecking zone tech test today. 12-2pm PST/8-10pm UTC

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Thanks, that was an interesting watch, and a really down-to-Earth, honest, and well-argumented review, that confirms my suspicions of it still being fun to play, regardless of its faults, and that none of these faults are overbearing, other than the biggest one, which is the delay, which has indeed hurt the game.

Either way, I'm now safe in the knowledge that I won't be regretting the purchase. Not that I was afraid of that in the first place, because "basically more of the same, but with a new coat of paint and bigger, better guns" was already good enough for me as a fan and owner of the previous two installments of the series...

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 I'm slowly beginning to suspect that you've got a stake in Cheap Ass Gamer and/or NewEgg, seeing as you're advertising them so often...

On a side note: most of us, except for @NEStalgia really don't need a second or third Xbox One.

redd214

@ThanosReXXX no not at all, just sharing deals with people lol. Only benefit I get is maybe someone saying thanks

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Just kidding, buddy. Just kidding...
Trying to keep myself busy and entertained until today's Direct starts...

redd214

@ThanosReXXX haha I know man. I'm keeping myself busy by going on a field trip with my son. Ever been on a bus for an hour with 40/50 9 and 10 year olds all talking at once, it's glorious /s

BTW did you check out the CD3 mp demos?

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Yeah, I remember school field trips. And there are several schools on the way to my previous job, so when I used to take the bus and subway to get there, I frequently came across entire droves of kids, all chattering nice and loud, at the same damn time...

No, haven't tried the multiplayer demos. The time slots weren't really ideal for me, and I'm not really interested in it either, unless it's with friends and/or family. And I don't have GamePass, just Xbox Live Gold, or is GamePass not required?

redd214

@ThanosReXXX no the demos were open to all. But as far as playing with friends, for whatever bizarre reason you won't be able to play the mp with friends at launch. They say they will add it shortly but seems like such a strange oversight for a game like this.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 A shame indeed. I had tons of fun, playing the previous two games in co-op mode with a couple of friends.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I need a second and third at the same time based on the inevitability they will fail successively. @Zuljaras needs a second and third in series until he finds one that is suitable for is anechoic chamber.

@redd214 Yeah, @ThanosReXXX loves busses!!

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia The funny stuff aside I got the same One X. This retailer is just full of crap. At least they are paying for the returns.

My PS4 Pro does not make that buzzing sound when idle.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Aw, stop it, you're killing me. Can't properly laugh out loud with this rib...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic