Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,201 to 7,220 of 7,763

DarthNocturnal

@ReaderRagfihs

I was watching a streamer play RE2's demo, and at the end, there was a short clip of a large block of tofu wearing a police hat wandering through a sewer.

So... yeah, probably.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

CanisWolfred

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@CanisWolfred

It wouldn't really work to split the player base in a game like this (not that it's good in any kind of game). If anything it'd be extra hassle to lock off content, since it is a shared world game.

I know, because it already happened in Destiny, among others...just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it isn't common.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Morpheel

@ReaderRagfihs yup, probably in the tofu survivor as usual.

Who knows, maybe even in the new mode too.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

CanisWolfred wrote:

Alright, thanks. I honestly find it hard to believe Microsoft of all people would opt to have free expansions for over a year, so I wanted to make sure.

It does sound like it was quite an unfinished game at launch. The updates were probably paid for by the main game price.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred Considering the publisher that forced that garbage is walking away from Destiny and giving the whole IP to the developer after complaining they weren't satisfied with sales should tell us how well that model works, though....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

So, yesterday I received my new, future-proof 4K HDMI switch, meaning I can finally unburden my poor
Xbox One S from having become a glorified HDMI throughput for my Nintendo Switch.

I only had a 1080p 3 port switch, and now I've got this 4K 5 port switch. I was one port short, hence me using the Xbox One's "One Guide" option to display the Switch on the TV, and that was also the method I used for when
I plugged in the Classic Minis. Now, I've got one port to spare, for whenever I feel like playing on one of the Minis.

So, all in all, a purchase well worth my time and money. And it was cheap, I can recommend it to anyone.
For those curious or interested, I got this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Hhusali-Intelligent-Supports-HD1080p-B...
It comes with two custom cables (no HDMI cable) and a remote control to switch to the various inputs,
but those aren't necessary for it to work, as long as you don't have more than one active device at a time,
from all the devices that you want to attach to it.

One of the cables has an IR sensor for the remote, if you wish to use it, and the other is a power cable,
that has a USB plug, to power the remote controls (which you can simply plug into the back of your TV,
if that has any USB ports).

But like I said, if you don't intend to use these, then you can just plug the HDMI switch in without these extra options.

@NEStalgia I finally got to playing this month's free games, but as soon as I tried out WRC 6, I instantly remembered why I don't really like (modern) rally games. Man, what a b**** it is, to control these cars.
It's so far removed from any other racing genre or game, that it is almost in a completely isolated bubble.
I actually used to like and be really good in Colin McRae games, but that was a long time ago, and
I mostly played these on PC, but apparently things have changed, and not so much for the good...

Oh, well. It was a free download, so I'm not too bothered. But a shame, because I would have enjoyed it,
if the feel of the controls was more like any of the other racing games that I like to play.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DarthNocturnal

Destiny's world isn't as seamless as SoT's though. When a new area gets added, you don't select to go there. You just sail there, like any location.

Arena, from what has been mentioned at press events/ dev updates, will be a slight exception to this (you pick between “Adventure“ and “Arena“ at the start menu). It's still set in the same world though. And still free for all.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I last played DiRT on 360 some time ago back with the MS wheel and, yeah....it was.....difficult.

Forza 7 has those rally car missions with Ken Block that reminded me of everything I dislike about it Plus Codemasters is just kind of.....garbage now. They can't write a good game to save their lives....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Ken Block? That's not rally, isn't it? I only know the guy from Gymkhana. (a word that still annoys me to no end, because I still don't know what it means, and explanations vary, both concerning it's origins and the true meaning)

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

DarthNocturnal

SoT is half off to celebrate being the #1 viewed game on Twitch overnight (no doubt because top Fortnite streamers Ninja and Timthetatman have started streaming it, in addition to others like Summit).

I'd say now is a good time to jump in if you were on the fence. The game has come a loooong way since launch. And before too long, we'll be getting the Arena.

EDIT: Also, a new Inside Xbox stream is happening February 5th.

redd214

@ThanosReXXX the WRC games are definitely very difficult to get a handle on. In addition the physics vary greatly from one to the next which sucks as well. The newer Dirt games a great though. Really loved 3 not sure if it's BC or not but was one of the funnest online mp racing games I've played. 4 is OK as it's more simcade but Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2 are much more sim focused and brutally unforgiving. You should check out 4!

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, I played the Dirt games on the Xbox 360, and I even had one on the Wii. Both of those were easier to control than WRC 6, so perhaps I shouldn't swear off ALL rally games...

And besides, I also own several Sega Rally and V-Rally games, so there's some hope left...

@NEStalgia Ah, so besides inventing an utterly stupid word, he's also a Rally rider. Good for him...

redd214

@ThanosReXXX oh man the Sega Rally game on the Dream cast is what got me into rally games in the first place. Such a classic! And right on topic was actually just reading WRC 8 got announced today. Coming to everything, including Switch! I doubt it'll be much better than average as the last few have been but will definitely spring for the switch version!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX And he's also in Forza 7. Gymkhana!! Actually that sounds like it should be written in kana too....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, I'll await a demo, or the verdict on various sites. Seeing as it says "new off-road physics", they might have improved it a bit, and every little bit that this series improves upon, is a step in the right direction, so let's wait and see what they can come up with.

DarthNocturnal

Anyone else having fun with the “VIP“ demo of Infinite Loading Screen Simulator 2019?

DarthNocturnal

I guess it took the insult to heart, because I actually loaded into a mission.

Now if only I'd stop rubber banding into anything and everything. And performance needs some improvement, framerate-wise.

Dezzy

Getting very close to finishing FF13-2 (I think).

Really good game on the whole. The only thing really holding it back is the absolutely skidmark of a story. Man, they really sucked at storytelling in the 7th gen era.
It feels like both 13 games were written by just throwing various sci-fi concepts into a "random story generator" program.

Everything else is great though. Great characters, awesome enviornments to explore, cool progression system and collectathon approach to RPGs, battle system still great. Just that damn story.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic