Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 7,161 to 7,180 of 11,903

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I played probably 20-30 minutes and doubt I'd ever touch it again.

@redd214 I mean you even defended Fallout 76.....if Crackdown underwhelms you it must be BAD

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia point me to the occasion when I defended fallout 76. Never played even a second of a Fallout game before besides the 76 beta which I called awful. Thanks

Also 10% off Xbox gift codes at Newegg w/ code EMCTAVV36. Works on eshop credit too!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 Did you? Hmm..that restores my faith in you. I swore I remembered you defending it. Who was it then? Hmm.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Went back and replayed the original Gears of War remastered version.

Damn this series was so good. There's something so raw about it. Pure no frills dudebro action.

Feels like a distant era already.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy I completely agree. Kinda like action movies in the 90's, with Schwarzenegger, Van Damme and Stallone.
That's probably also why movies like the expendables hit a chord with so many of us, it's a throwback to those days. Nowadays, all heroes are small and more tech-savvy than brawny.

Well, except for The Rock...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Magician

@Dezzy Absolutely. That moment in Gears 3 when Dom checked out. Oooof, the dudebro feels were strong. I admit, I got a little misty-eyed.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

@Magician

Lol I only ever played Gears 1&2 back on the 360, so didn't know about that, but thanks!

Grumblevolcano

I got half way through Gears 2 and got distracted by the improved MCC updates. There’s still plenty of time until September to finish up 2, 3 and 4 (September is my guess for Gears 5 launch given there’s no Forza 8 for this year).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

So the Xbox E3 presentation is apparently going to be 2 hours long!! They must have a bunch to share, can't wait!

Also there's this making the rounds, a lovely Fortnite S in a stunning shade of purple if anyone fancies lol

Edited on by redd214

redd214

FragRed

@redd214 I’m surprised it’s not the Xbox One SAD Edition they’re including with this bundle. For some reason that just feels like it makes more sense to be the included console in a bundle where the game is free to play download only Fortnite.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

redd214

@FragRed I thought the same exact thing. They really need to cut at least $50 if not more off the price of that thing. It's just abysmally priced right now

redd214

FragRed

@redd214 It almost feels like Microsoft went back to 2013 thinking for a moment with the whole execution of the SAD Edition. It is just so bizarre. I wonder if the whole release was deliberately half hearted to try not upset retailers or put fear into people who still buy physically.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

redd214

@DarthNocturnal that's certainly true but even still 2 of those are on gamepass anyways which up until a couple days ago you could get 3 months for $1!

I mean the regular S is pretty much constantly on sale for $200 or less with a game or 2 bundled. The SAD is really just a bad deal any way you slice it at this point.

redd214

Banjo-

But that's the official price which is always higher than retailers' offers. Same for Xbox One S All-Digital Edition.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Dezzy

Halo Infinite has been confirmed to be there:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/all-of-the-e3-2019-xbox-one...

Super pumped for this E3. My 3 most anticipated games (FF7, Cyberpunk, Halo Infinite) all showing at the same event. Couldn't ask for more.

Oh and LegacyKilla did a video on E3 a few weeks back that I've only just seen. He says he was tipped off by an insider that we'd probably be seeing Fable 4, although it's not close to release:

Edited on by Dezzy

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia I never said it wouldn’t (it was confirmed months ago) rather that how in depth the Halo Infinite content would be depends on how much Microsoft reveals about next gen. A trailer with no gameplay would still mean the game is present.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Xbox Game Pass announced for PC with more details at E3. Also more 1st party games are heading to Steam such as AoE 1-3 Definitive Editions and Gears 5.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

They've been working on it (or at least it's engine) for a good long while now. And a game having nothing but teasers two years in a row isn't a good way to drum up excitement...

It would be bizarre if there was no gameplay. This isn't Death Stranding. It's not gonna be conceptually ground-breaking. It's just gonna be a prettier and probably more open-world version of what Halo is already like. No reason to hold off on gameplay.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic