Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,841 to 6,860 of 11,914

Zuljaras

I do not know if I can say it here as well as in the trade thread but if Anyone wants the whole Metro series on Xbox One just say and we will strike a deal.

Banjo-

The online of Reach remaster is free because online gaming is in a separate menu and they want things simple for online players. ODST is campaign only so that doesn't count. I am very happy with Reach's campaign being added though, I never played that one and almost bought the 360 version on Xbox One. This console is becoming the most definitive console until the next Xbox comes and keeps adding stuff.

Banjo-

redd214

New game pass titles coming soon

Deus Ex is a great series, shame it didn't perform well commercially. Haven't played any of the others but I do hope we get MvCI on plus for the blue team soon. Even though it's apparently lacking I think we would have fun with it.

EDIT : DEAL!! You can get a new S from newegg's eBay page for $170. Just bought 2!!! Great deal!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-S-1TB-Console-/292983541203

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Dezzy

What upgrades can we expect to see with Halo Reach? (I assume it will be equivalent to what they did with Halo3/4?)

I didn't play any of the original X360 Halo games so I don't know how they've been upgraded. Is it just 720p->1080p?

Or is there a framerate upgrade too?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy There's a framerate upgrade too, original game was 30fps and MCC version will be 60fps.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

More SAD edition info leaking. If they can hit no more than $200 with the price point I think it could do decently well.

redd214

NEStalgia

Does anyone find it hilarious that before this was a site full of Nintendo threads, plus the two little stand-alone corners for Playstation fans and XBox fans. And now with XBox Life features and XBox games coming to Switch, the XBox thread effectively is a Nintendo topic thread, and only Playstation stands separate?

@redd214 "SAD edition" still cracks me up

Wait, Forza on an Android device, huh? Or do you just mean more XBox local streaming clients like the Win10 one for streaming XBox to Win10? (That works pretty well....I tried Forza with it....but the latency even over LAN drove me a little crazy. I can't imagine internet streaming, even with fiber.)

NEStalgia

WebHead

That design can be described in one four letter word: Lazy.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Well, if you didn't play ANY of the original Halo games, then on the one hand you'll possibly be glad to be able to play the modernized versions of all of them, especially the first two, but on the other hand, you'll have missed, and won't be able to appreciate how much these earlier games have been upgraded, because the first two games especially, have had considerable graphical overhauls, compared to their original versions.

@redd214 Hope you don't mind me asking, but what do you intend to do with all these Xboxes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but far as I can recall, this isn't the first time I've seen you mentioning buying several.

Are you a collector, or are you drifting into hoarder/scalper territory? Could of course also be that you're buying them for family, in which case, even hoarding/scalping turns into something nice...

@NEStalgia The young'uns who have no idea how many (ownership) rights and what not they're giving up, are going to be all over this discless Xbox One, for sure. Especially if the price is right, and is going to be considerably cheaper than just the net price of an Xbox One S minus the net price of a high end Bluray drive, which would be 30-40 bucks max...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

@ThanosReXXX sell them so scalper I guess lol. Buy 2 xboxes for 170, sell for 200, make an easy 60 bucks, preorder Mario Maker 2 essentially for free with very minimal effort

redd214

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

I'd played the first 2 games previously on the original Xbox. But not 3 or 4 on the 360.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX To be fair, XBox One is the only current console that still has ownership rights of digital content once you download it short of the ability to sell it. Whether on disc or on HDDs, you actually get to retain it and copy/transfer it forever. Streaming.....ugh. As long as one understands it's just a new way of renting, and renting isn't all bad (that's how I played half the games I played as a kid was the weekend rental sales at the video store! Buying was too expensive to buy more than a few a year at most.) What I'd have given to NOT have to wrap up by 3:30PM Sunday and be yelled at as we rushed back to the store barely missing the late fee cutoff ) I can't hate that aspect of it....but....there's so much more insidious about it than that (they lost me at "click a link on Youtube and be playing in 5 seconds." You know that means game-design will be changed to allow for "viral gaming moments." With fees. And ads. Why play a whole game when you can link to the TOP TEN BEST MOMENTS shared by your friends' GAME MOMENTS list? Social gaming, woot!)

To that end, I have much higher hopes for XCloud for real game "rentals" than that Google monstrosity. Price pending, XCloud could be a lot cooler than Game Pass as a rental. If you have internet for it, of course. As long as you can buy one month blocks and not be locked into a recurring sub (fat chance, I know.) I'm not anti-rental, rentals are great. I'm just anti-trying to replace what works with "more monetizable" schemes. Everyone knows renting is worse than buying, but might be handy. They try to position streaming as better than buying.

As for @redd214, he's a proud scalper HE got one of the KH3 PS4 Pros.....for eBay.... Mrrgrrrgrrr....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Damn, now I'm kinda torn between the fact that I already kinda know that you're an okay guy, and by in general still hating the practice of scalping...

On a side note: in all honesty, I never liked the practice of scalping in the first place, but didn't care that much either way, until the whole Classic Mini NES and SNES debacle, during which it became clear to me how many SOB's profit over the backs of honest people, and that REALLY triggered me/fanned the flames.

I personally already had to more or less move heaven and earth to get my hands on each of them, so people making that even more difficult and subsequently asking astronomical prices for them, are of the lowest kind, in my book.

But luckily, you're not really one of those kinda scalpers...

@Dezzy Aha, so you never played the remasters of 1 and 2, then? If so, you'll be in for a treat, if you're planning to get the entire Master Chief Collection, that is. The next couple installments are pretty good as well, but the first two really stand out graphically, especially if you put them side by side.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Agreed on all of that. I'll definitely be hating all of it, if that is what gaming is ultimately going to become, retreating to my retro-cave and settling down to spend the rest of my life hopefully being able to finish off the rest of my massive, multi-console (and handheld) back log before I finally leave this Earth for good.

But hey, we've got Cuphead on Switch now, so with Nintendo and Microsoft getting more buddy-buddy all the time, who cares about Google and their streaming fluff, right?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

redd214

@ThanosReXXX haha thanks man. I get what you're saying. I don't do it to get rich mainly just to fund my own gaming habit. I mean in this particular case I'd be selling them for less than what someone could buy in a store anyways and making a bit off of it. Win win imo.

And yeah the classics were selling for crazy prices at launch. I ended up literally lucking into a couple SNES at Target. I was shopping for something and they were unloading them out of boxes just as I was walking by. Kept one and sold one, for retail Price, to a friend.

Thanks for the compliment though, I appreciate it

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 You're welcome. This little exchange did sadly remind me of this, shall we say, aptly-named nether region cavity that proudly displayed his treasure on the worldwide web:
Untitled

redd214

@Morpheel lol. If I brought all those into my house with my clutter hating wife, the next pic would be of her stabbing me haha.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic