Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,801 to 6,820 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, all I can say to that is fair enough. But, the good thing about is, they're free, so I'd always suggest people to try before they judge. You can always delete it if you still don't like it. As the Dutch say:
you can't say that you don't like a certain food, if you've never even tasted it...

If you like games like GTA and/or Saints Row, then you'll probably like this as well. And videos just don't do a good job of conveying the feeling of playing them.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano Depends on your region. Here in the Netherlands, our clock goes forward one hour in the night of Saturday the 30th of March (into Sunday), at 2am, so Inside Xbox still starts at the same time for me as it did last week.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

After playing CD 1 and 3 even if they paid me I wouldnt even take the time to play 2 lol!

Looking forward to the stream today, hope we get some info on the SAD edition!

Also quick deal, can get 6 months of Gold for 22 bucks on Newegg with code EMCTWUV49

Edited on by redd214

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, the difference is, that you've at least played a couple of them. I'm just not a believer/supporter of the "I never tried it, but I still don't like it" school of thought. But to each their own, of course, so if people REALLY don't like it, then I don't mind. We can't all like the same things. Would also make the world a decidedly boring place, if you ask me.

Having said that, I downloaded Crackdown 2 to the Xbox One this weekend (already own a physical copy, but it's obviously easier being able to play it without having to dig up the disc), and besides it looking pretty decent on the Xbox One, especially compared to the first Crackdown, it really was fun to play. There isn't much story to any of the games, but personally, I really liked beating up criminals and zombies (yes, there are zombies in Crackdown 2) as a super-powered cop.

It's just like with movies: sometimes, you might want to watch a thoughtful movie, one of those that you REALLY need to follow almost without blinking, or you'll miss the plot, and sometimes, you just want to lay on the couch, with a bag of popcorn or whatever, and watch a mindless action movie or comedy.

DarkRula

Just over ten minutes remaining until Inside Xbox.

https://mixer.com/xbox

Should be a good one, with the new Forza Horizon 4 expansion being outed in it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

redd214

@ThanosReXXX that's cool. There's not enough time in the world to try everything so if something doesnt look appealing to me in videos/screenshots, very unlikely I will give it time. Pretty much know what I like and don't at this point. Glad you enjoy them, hope they continue the series!

redd214

Zuljaras

I am surprised by the machine. I have updated AC Origins to the latest version and it looks beautiful on the 4K TV.
The console runs warm and warmer on the back. The fan can be heard but it is subtle and even during 4K gameplay.
I just wish the consistency of the quality was more even on all Xbox One units.

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, after the drama that is the delayed and rather botched release of Crackdown 3, we probably have to seriously doubt that they will. But I'll enjoy whatever has been released so far, regardless.

On a side note: Inside Xbox is a rather meh experience so far, and WAY too many ugly or weirdly coiffed women...
Microsoft seriously needs to take a page out of Nintendo's book: say what you want, but Nintendo does at least know where to get cute gamer girls...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

DayZ developer: "DayZ is about friends and about emotions".
And here I was, thinking it was an online multiplayer zombie survival game...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

DarkRula

When is this second expansion for Forza Horizon 4 getting announced then?
WHEN?
I was expecting them to transition from that look at it running on xCloud to the new expansion, but it's nowhere to be seen.

It was a fun one, though.

DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

@DarkRula Hot Wheels was announced on 26th April with 9th May release date so 2nd expansion for Forza Horizon 4 will probably be announced during either April or May Inside Xbox.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula Did you think so? I thought it was only slightly short of being worthless and a waste of my precious free time. Too much blabla about Xbox games coming to PC, then that worthless piece about gaming university, followed by semi-old news in the form of that special controller, The Division 2, Final Fantasy remakes, DayZ and Project xCloud. I think the One Piece game was the only truly new game in the entire presentation, but I'm not even sure about that one.

And the presentation team itself was horrible. All edgy, semi-pierced and former-skinhead kinda types.
Not really my kinda girls. Not even close...

As for the quality of Xbox One units: I think you just experienced a REALLY bad run of bad luck, because I literally know nobody, either in my own environment or online, that has had so much trouble with his Xbox purchases. Back in the Xbox 360 days, I did know of several people who had a Red Ring of Death, but that was also a far more common problem.

DarkRula

@Grumblevolcano Right... I suppose the fact they couldn't say much regarding Update 8 for the game means it'll probably be on the Horizon 4 Update 8 stream... But I really want to see what it is!

I say I don't get caught up in the hype of announcements yet here I am creating my own and getting caught in them.

@ThanosReXXX I felt the main two hosts at least had good stage presence, and while the announcements were old news, they at least didn't overstay their welcome and kept me engaged with the talk. That's the least you can hope for any live event.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula Mjeh... I only liked the more normal girl, who stood in the middle when there were three of them.
Or rather: woman, because I think she was already a bit older. But still the most normal looking regardless.

I've always found that if anyone's appearance is too distracting, that I can't listen to them anymore, or that them talking seems to take WAY longer than with people that don't distract me with their edgy, punky looks...

Next time, they need less blabla and more games. And just let Major Nelson present it. He's far more experienced and better at it. Screw edgy. That was already old hat in the late 90's...

redd214

^^^ wow, what a comment.

Really have high hopes for xCloud. Just bought a year of PS Now and it works great, hopefully 5his works just as well. Though the vague "we will be starting public tests later this year" was a bit concerning for how soon this will actually be out.

Overall that was really the only thing that interests me. Glad this one was shorter then the last one.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

The only thing that interested me with that Inside Xbox was Halo Reach for MCC, though that was worth watching it for. It seems like the Halo SXSW stream on Sunday will provide further details on that and the PC release.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

You people have really low expectations in what interested you. XCloud and games? Screw that! They announced another new controller! I mean, come on!

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Dezzy

Cool, I'm glad I held off buying Reach for backcompat.

Did they say what improvements it would have, if any?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

I guess Age of Empires news must have been just a rumour then?

Grumblevolcano

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Nothing really shocking about my comment, if that's what you meant to say. It's just an honest opinion. I always say what I think or express how I feel and I don't like mincing/covering words. I realize that this can sometimes come across as harsh or (way) too direct, but I'd rather be like that, than be some ambiguous sneak with a hidden agenda.

@FragRed The Limited Edition one? Yeah, that was nice, but it'll probably be sold out before most of us will ever have a chance to get their hands on one...

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, that was about the only interesting thing indeed. And personally, I also enjoy the One Piece games, so that one goes on the maybe list, but other than that, I found it a rather lukewarm affair over the whole. Don't really know what else I could have realistically expected, but in my opinion, most of the previous Inside Xbox events were better and/or had more games/game footage.

On a side note: too bad, though, and a bad decision in my opinion that they offer the multiplayer part of Reach for free, and not the campaign. They say they want new players to get to know the beginning of the Halo saga, but apparently, if you want to know it, you have to pay extra, but if you take a moment to consider what it is and how it fits into the collection, it's actually kind of weird that it was never a part of it from the start, because in that sense (of introducing new players to the world and the (back)story), it's rather essential to the whole saga, whereas the multiplayer adds nothing to the story.

And personally, I couldn't care less about multiplayer, so I think it should be the other way around. Like all things online: if you want to use it, pay for it, otherwise, you can still only play offline, which makes the campaign part the far more logical choice for being the free part of the entire offering.

But then again; who am I but a simple disadvantaged customer that's now already annoyed at this bad decision...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic