Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 6,801 to 6,820 of 7,637

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX "millennial bashing"

Well why didn't you just say so, sign me up.

Been crazier this holiday than normal. My son's robotic's team is hosting a SSB4U tournament tonight, I'm supplying chips to sell and my Wii U. Which would actually make me almost on topic if only this weren't an Xbox thread. My sister keeps trying to talk me into Zoloft. It might come to that but I dodn't have the time to get any. I'm just holding out for NY to legalize recreational mj then I'm good to go.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Dezzy

I'm enjoying FF13-2 immensely.
I don't understand why this game didn't get a better reception. The gameplay is excellent. The story so far is intruiging. The environments are cool and interesting.
My only real criticism is the time travelling level structure makes it feel a bit disconnected.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Haha, yeah, I'd say that working together to actually create a console definitely means they were on pretty good terms.
So, just out of curiosity: which games do you have or do you play on it?

P.S.

It also pays off to find out if you've got a first gen Dreamcast or not: if so, you can play burnt discs, meaning you've got access to the entire, region free catalog of the Dreamcast, and besides that, there's also around 10 titles that were never published/released, due to various reasons, but these can now be found online, since the publishers have released them to the public domain. Propeller Arena being one of those games. Give that a watch on YouTube, it's a really entertaining game.

NEStalgia wrote:

She watches you play DoA. She is not amused.

@NEStalgia Well, in that case, she's blind as a bat, because I've only been playing Mario Kart 8 and Pro Evo Soccer 2012 today. DOA must have been ages ago, and mostly on the Dreamcast...

As for an Xbox One whispering to people, enticing them to buy it, that is of course just the voice in your head, aka your other you, aka the devil on your shoulder, or whatever you want to call it. Some people even seem to hear deities and so on...

@BlueOcean @NEStalgia Jet Set Radio isn't specifically Xbox One X enhanced, but it IS Xbox One enhanced, which can be read in the description:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/jet-set-radio/bvql7v5txbhb?...

The download size is also slightly bigger than the Xbox 360 version, so they must have added something to it. Either that, or Xbox One file sizes are just more bloated by nature...

It is still a good game too, so well worth the asking price, in my opinion.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ReaderRagfihs

@ThanosReXXX So far, I have Soul Calibur, Chu Chu Rocket, Dead or Alive 2, Phantasy Star Online, Capcom vs SNK, and Power Stone 2.

I do have one that can play burnt games, apparently. The Dreamcast community these days is amazing. Brand new games, private servers, all that good stuff.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Well, if you need any recommendations in whatever type of game you like: I've practically played them all. And do look into those unreleased titles: might just be something amongst those for you as well.

Oh, and if you like crazy weird stuff, look for a game called Illbleed. There's truly nothing like it on any console.
(EDIT: just in case, that's ILLbleed, not three i's.... )

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ReaderRagfihs

@ThanosReXXX Sure, I wouldn't mind some recommendations. Pretty much any genre is fine.

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

BlueOcean

@ThanosReXXX Jet Set Radio was already a port with enhancements on Xbox 360. The Xbox One description (the one you linked) has no Buy button and says

Tag, grind, and trick to the beat in SEGA’s hit game Jet Set Radio!Fight for control of Tokyo-to, mark your turf with graffiti, tag walls, billboards, and even rival gang members! Perform tricks and flips on magnetically driven in-line skates, but watch out for the local police force!Now on Xbox Live Arcade, Jet Set Radio is part of Sega’s Heritage Collection series and now features lush HD visuals, developer interviews, and amazing fan-created graffiti.

They don't specify that it's enhanced on Xbox One. There are two listings with two different sizes but I suspect that the smaller file is for playing on Xbox 360 (the native platform) and the bigger file is for playing on Xbox One (including the 360 "emulator"/interface).

I have said this before, the Xbox store has improved but it's still confusing with Windows, 360 and backwards compatible download pages. Some pages even say "You can’t buy this on Xbox One" (but you can), others have the "Buy game" button and others don't for the same game and so on. Microsoft should make just one website and one database with all the titles. They are doing this apparently but haven't erased the old database so it all gets mixed through the links. I haven't played Jet Set Radio properly but it's definitely on my radar. I played once the Dreamcast version and it was fun. I tried Nights on X, is it me or the game has aged poorly? Or it's just that I haven't played enough so I am not used to the controls yet? Funny that reviewers said that he would replace Sonic eventually.

Let's go back to a brighter example. Final Fantasy XIII is not only X-enhanced but S-enhanced, a new term I just made up for the sake of clarity. I can't think of more examples at the moment.

BlueOcean

Morpheel

Now that I think about it, we could share our Xbox tags and add each other as friends or something.

If anyone wants mine, it's "abgarok".

If any of you has Minecraft, I could also add you to my online realm.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Dezzy ffxiii2 got a bad reception because it was ffxiii2. Similarly if fallout 81 is great, it will still be given a wide berth because it follows 76. Xiii was the best selling ff ever at the time because the series had such a good reputation. But after everyone got it and discovered it was barely recognizable as ff gameplay, people steered wide of it cautiously (and not wanting to revisit xiiis world). And once you expose the infallable at highly fallable, critically it will be scrutinized where previously it would have received a cursory exam. A bad game (or unwanted departure) doesn't fail. It's successor fails because of it.

Ffxv was supposed to be part of xiiis world as well, but they changed it into what it is due to avoiding association with the poor mindset around xiii. One falcie too many....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

rjejr

@NEStalgia millennial bashing > stop to smell the roses

Always time and energy for the simpler things in life.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Okay, let me see what I can come up with.
I'll skip multi-player brawlers and fighting games, seeing as you've already got the best of those covered, although I do have to mention Project Justice, as another good contender in the fighting genre...

As for the rest of the categories: here we go, and in no particular order, so I guess you'll just have to check out some videos of these titles, if you'd like to know more about them.

Oh, and mind you: these are my OWN recommendations, so they aren't in any way based upon any online reviews, so don't expect all of them to get the highest grades in official ratings, but I enjoyed them nonetheless.

Racing/simulation: Metropolis Street Racer 1 & 2, Daytona USA, Sega Rally 2, Hydro Thunder, 4 Wheel Thunder, Tokyo Xtreme Racer 1 & 2, F355 Challenge, Sega GT, V-Rally 2 Championship Edition, Test Drive Le Mans, TrickStyle, Crazy Taxi 1 & 2, Looney Tunes Space Race, Wacky Races, Vanishing Point, Killer Loop, F-1 World Grand Prix, Monaco Grand Prix, Redline Racer, Sega Rally Championship, F1 Racing Championship, Flag to Flag Racing, TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat, San Francisco Rush 2049, Speed Devils, Demolition Racer, Star Wars Episode I: Racer, Sno-Cross Championship Racing

RPG: Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, Evolution 1 & 2, Time Stalkers, Armada, Dragonriders: Chronicles of Pern

Action RPG: Berserk, Shenmue 1 & 2, Silver, Record of Lodoss War, E.G.G. (Elemental Gimmick Gear)

Horror/survival: any of the Resident Evil games, Dino Crisis 1 & 2, Illbleed, Blue Stinger, D2

Life simulation: Lack of Love, Seventh Cross: Evolution, Seaman

Vertical/horizontal shooters: Ikaruga, Gunbird 1 & 2, Gigawing 1 & 2, Mars Matrix, Psyvariar 2, Bangai-O, Triggerheart Exelica, Border Down, Last Hope, Under Defeat

Multi-directional/3D shooters: Rez, Outtrigger, Heavy Metal Geomatrix, Charge 'n Blast, Silent Scope, Virtua Cop 2, House of the Dead 2, Cannon Spike, Quake III Arena, Zero Gunner 2, Alien Front Online

Action/adventure: Jet Set Radio, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Ecco the Dolphin, Slave Zero, Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram, Omikron: The Nomad Soul, Maken X, Head Hunter, Spawn: in the Demon's Hand, Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver 2, Urban Chaos

Rythm games: Samba de Amigo, Space Channel 5 1 & 2.

Platformers: Rayman 2, Super Magnetic Neo, Donald Duck Quack Attack.

Puzzle: Bust-a-Move 4, Puyo Puyo Fever, Wetrix, Bomberman Online

Flight sims/arcade flying games: Aerowings 1 & 2 (second game being the better one), Airforce Delta (aka Deadly Skies in Europe), Aero Dancing i, Iron Aces, Starlancer

Sports: Virtua Tennis 2, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Cool Boarders Burrrn!, NHL 2K, NFL Blitz 2000, NBA 2K2, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, WWF Attitude, WWF Royal Rumble, ECW Hardcore Revolution, Sega Sports Jam, Extreme Sports, Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX, Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX, Sega WorldWide Soccer 2000 Euro Edition, Virtua Striker 2, Sega Bass Fishing, Sega Marine Fishing

And then there's the unreleased games I previously mentioned, which can be relatively easily found with a bit of Googling or torrent searching:

Propeller Arena
Millenium Racer: Y2K Fighters
Hellgate
Ballbreakers aka MoHo
Flintstones Viva Rock Vegas
PBA Bowling
Geist Force
Toejam and Earl 3
Half Life Gold
Half Life Blue Shift Expansion Pack
Max Steel Covert Missions

And as for top 20-something online lists, I personally like and can agree with these:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/best-undiscovered-sega-dreamca...
https://www.denofgeek.com/games/sega-dreamcast/25026/the-top-...

Well, that oughta keep you busy for a while. If I remember any others, I'll give you a heads up...

EDIT:
Here's a pretty decent Dreamcast-related YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaBV1CKDjQmc-CKiMEFxsAA
They even do live streaming events to this day. Last night they did a Worms World Party live stream.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Well, there was no need for any other examples, since the topic was Jet Set Radio. And no emulator I know could make a difference of more than half a Gigabyte, so if that would be due to a pack-in emulator, then that's one [email protected] program, for sure....

EDIT:
I did also link to the 360 version, in case you didn't notice

@Delibheel Mine's... well, mine's pretty clear, since I never change names. You're welcome to add me. And just FYI: even if you don't chat or play with other gamers in your list, there are games, such as the Forza Horizon series, that'll allow you to share points with people that are in your friends list. So, at no cost to me, you'll also get a percentage of points from me if I win races, and you can add another player to your team, and then you all get the goodies.

So, it's not sharing the money, because the actual player keeps the entire price, it's just that a percentage is doubled, and then divided between crew members. Once the connection is made, you'll also see the other's cars driving around in your game.

Don't know if there's any other games that work in that way, but there probably are.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Morpheel

Interesting. I don’t really play that one game, but that’s an interesting system nonetheless. Sounds like a nice incentive to have friends that play it, kinda like playing together without playing together.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

Horizon 4 doesn't have drivatars that can be hired, unfortunately. You can see others in your game still though.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Oh really? So they stopped doing that after Forza Horizon 3? That's a shame. It was a nice feature to share amongst friends.

DarthNocturnal

@ThanosReXXX

I guess the tradeoff is that now you join Horizon Life lobbies (if you want). Those are actual players driving around. Drivatars are reserved for solo play and non-PvP races.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

I don't think FF13 was the best selling. Every bit of information I can find says FF7 was the best selling, at around 10 million on PS1.
FF13 was close to 2nd though with around 8 million overall, which was about the same as FFX.
FF15 has since overtaken that to become the 2nd best selling in the series.
These are just the numbers for the initial releases though. Obviously everything's been released several times now.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Zuljaras

Quick question. I am extremely interested in Backwards compatibility. I know many games run way better on the One than on 360. However I want to know if there is a difference with the One X than the One of One S?

Does the X give better performance than the other 2 models in terms of backwards compatibility? I know some games run worse on One than on the 360 because of reasons

So anyone care to share? Thanks in advance!

Zuljaras

PikPi

@Zuljaras You'll probably get a very long and detailed answer, but yeah, the One X is able to play a number of games at "enhanced" performance when compared to the One S/360 itself. There are lists online that give you a rundown of which games benefit from the X's power

PikPi

ReaderRagfihs

@ThanosReXXX Good golly, is that a list of recommendations or a list of every game available for the system?

And I am familiar with that youtube channel. The guy running it is actually one of people in charge of the private online servers I mentioned earlier. I'm thinking Worms might be my next purchase actually. Was a big fan of the PC versions and not having to crowd 4 people around 1 computer sounds great.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic