Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,781 to 6,800 of 11,914

Grumblevolcano

Crackdown 2 is now backwards compatible and free.

Also the teased list for Inside Xbox is:
Xbox Game Pass
The Division 2
A surprise shown as Redacted
DayZ
Master Chief Collection
Accessories
State of Decay 2
One Piece World Seeker

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@Grumblevolcano Yet another previous Crackdown game available for free?
Next thing you know, they'll be handing out free copies of the current game, seeing as how that's crawling along...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

FragRed

@ThanosReXXX They only made Crackdown 2 available because it’s so bad, it makes Crackdown 3 look good in comparison

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

ThanosReXXX

@FragRed Is it, though? I honestly couldn't say, since I actually played the first game far more recently than the second one. I do own a physical copy of it, though...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

FragRed

@ThanosReXXX To be honest I never played the second, but the internet tells me it's crap and we all know the internet is always right on everything

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

ThanosReXXX

@FragRed Ah... yes, the wonderful cesspool that is the internet...
Oh, my aching bones...

FragRed

@ThanosReXXX Of course! Didn't;t you know - Nintendo is doomed and going bankrupt like they should have 130 years ago, Sony is da best of best companies ever and never does any wrong and is all about the gamers no matter how much they screw up. And Xbox is for the hardcore gamers, because only true gamers play always online games as a service and spend money on micro transactions, not single player loner games

Am I doing it right?

ThanosReXXX

@FragRed Well, suffice to say that if they ever make a movie about the modern day console wars and the rather massive role that the internet played in it, they might just want to hire you as one of the extras or to play one of the rabid online fanboys/keyboard warriors...

FragRed

@ThanosReXXX Awesome! I look forward to that call from whomever they draft in as director. Knowing how things go, it'll be Uwe Boll

Until then, I am really needing to get back to playing ToeJam and Earl Back in the Groove though there is something missing in this game that just makes it less good than the original and perhaps should try clearing out some of my Xbox One back catalogue. Still not played Far Cry 5 but seeing how big these kinds of games are, I do wonder if I will actually finish them or not.

ThanosReXXX

@FragRed Nah, it won't be made by him: he only makes/destroys movies about individual games/game series, he's not ever going to come close to making an intelligent movie about the industry themselves...

As for Toejam and Earl: I just don't like this modern iteration. It almost screams "looks like an Adobe Flash game" to me, and while several other remakes/reboots have actually pulled that off in a positive way, I just don't get that vibe from this game at ALL, and that's a shame, because I really liked the original game and it's sequels up to this point.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

FragRed

@ThanosReXXX Yeah I totally agree on the whole Flash animation look it has going for it. It feels cheap. Kind felt the same way about Wonder Boy III The Dragon's Trap when it was remade. Made me want to switch to the Master System art style.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras We'll send some positive vibes your way. Sending now...

TuVictus

Playing DMC V on my One X. The game plays beautifully, Capcom really struck gold when they made that RE Engine, too.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Setting it up right now (installing the required update) and it is dead silent! I have to put my ear IN it to hear the working HDD. I have to hear it after I install Assassin's Creed Origins and Fallout 4.

Update: I get a little coil whine with Assassin's Creed Origins but it is not load. It is good so far!

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Good to hear. Would be nice if things finally worked out for you, no?

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Well the 4th One X was ok. It was painful.

The coil whine is still there but I guess that is the case with everything nowadays. If I am 2 meters away from the console (which is in the open before the TV) and the TV is muted I can't hear the coil whine.

I can now play in peace

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Don't forget to download the two free Crackdown games...
(or just the second game, if the free offer on the first one has expired)

Grumblevolcano

Don't forget that because of daylight savings, Inside Xbox starts in 55 minutes, not 1 hour 55 minutes.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic