Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 6,761 to 6,780 of 8,291

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX Oops sorry, meant to reply to you just above for my daily dose of acidity.

My world has come full circle. 30 years ago me and my droogies were dressing up like Alex and Georgie Boy for a little of the old moloko plus and ultraviolence, now I'm a drunkie in an alley. Well actually I never leave my house for fear of becoming a drunkie in an a alley. Videogames used to be my escape, but now even they fail to cheer me up. I'm gonna skip this discussion then, whatever it is, I don't even own an Xbox.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

ReaderRagfish

@rjejr I don't even have an Xbox either, I just lurk here because I'm a blood sucking parasite.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Morpheel

You'll have an Xbox by the end of 2019.

My curse is set.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ReaderRagfish

@Delibheel I mean, my brother has one. I don't think that counts though.

I wouldn't mind having an original Xbox eventually though.

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish You don't enter Thanos' XBox conversations and not buy an XBox 1. it's not possible. It's not allowed. He'll get to you eventually. There's no escape. You'll get an XBox 1. Even if you have to win one from Oprah.

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

Clearly he convinced me to get mine before I even visited this thread. His influence is vast. Must be that shiny new glove he recently got.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

BlueOcean

I also love 1080° and Wave Race, specifically Wave Race Blue Storm and 1080° Snowboarding that I still play. Blue Storm was my first GameCube game and it's one of the best GameCube games. It was a launch game in here.

@NEStalgia Capcom took their time to update it buy it's finally here. What is Rookie Mode? I grabbed Panzer Dragoon Orta as soon as I saw the sale (on Tuesday) but wasn't around to comment. You guys can get the deal from now through Monday.

@DarthNocturnal Do you want to play Sea of Thieves with me? Who else plays?

BlueOcean

BlueOcean

@ReaderRagfish Are you the Caucasian guy chewing cereals in your old profile picture or the Oriental in the current one or neither?

BlueOcean

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean rookie mode is basically just "very easy mode". Id rather have rewind, personally since you can try it the way it's meant to be and just retry when you fail. I love that about Forza.

@ReaderRagfish oh heck no, a ALMOST got that chewing image burned out of my mind and now its back!

NEStalgia

BrainOfGrimlock

Did any of you own a Saturn? Only asking because when talking snowboarding the Saturn had a game I LOVED called Steep Slope Sliders (yep, absolutely terrible name) and you’ve given me all lovely nostalgia reminiscing!

Reviews for it are surprisingly not terrible with that review even preferring it to Cool Boarders 2 which was pretty loved at the time?

Apparently the devs made a follow up on PS later which also had a terrible name - Trick’N Snowboarder - which google suggests was terrible.

BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Forgot to add, extremely jealous of you Wave Racers; I wasn’t buying my own games in those days, I asked for Wave Race for xmas but my ‘rents got me the (quite terrible) N64 F1 game instead, knowing that i’m a fan.

As well as no jetski fun, I also had to deal with a smug **** of a brother who got the infinitely better F1 game for his playstation.

It’s the thought that counts though right?

BrainOfGrimlock

ReaderRagfish

@BrainOfGrimlock Never had a Saturn, but if I ever learn Japanese I might look into it, there's a decent import library there. Those Segata Sanshiro commercials alone are almost enough to make me want one.

I played a demo for Cool Boarders 2. Wasn't very impressed by it, but apparently it had its fans. I'll stick to 1080 and Snowboard Kids.

Also, I'm surprised none of us are quoting the Wave Race 64 announcer guy. "LOOKS LIKE TROUBLE" "DON'T MISS ANY MORE" "YOU ALMOST HAD IT"

DarthNocturnal

I actually unlocked the dolphin in Wave Race 64. And beat every difficulty mode (I think).

ThanosReXXX

@PikPi Glad you're entertained. That's what we're here for, after all...

@NEStalgia The person who'll be able to turn me into a pet or put me down isn't born yet, and seeing as I'm anything but a meek person, I'll probably drag them to hell with me...

So, we're now going from one trope to another. The Crysis meme has become an internet phenomenon all of its own, not even specifically related to computers or consoles anymore. Welcome to the absurdity of the internet...

And of course I was only semi-serious when I mentioned us agreeing. Probably forgot to put in a smiley somewhere. But the other points I made are dead serious.

I hate this era of people all taking themselves WAY too seriously, either labeling themselves as all-important individuals, or as the next best thing after sliced bread, while most of them are clueless, semi-sociopathic narcissists, with a weird, upside down tendency for political correctness and/or being a SJW, except predominantly towards their own good instead of actually towards other people.

And don't even get me started on the uber-sensitivity of everyone and their mother nowadays. Next thing you know, even looking at somebody the "wrong" way, according to the current social rules club, and it'll land you a ticket or in prison...

It's the age of individualism. Not me too, but me, me, me. It's sad, really, but I'll get through it, because I'm no follower or knee-bender, and you can't fool the one doing the fooling. Remember: sales & marketing...
I know all the tricks, and then some.

@rjejr Not to worry, my friend. We just dragged you in here to invite you to do some millennial bashing, other than that, you don't need to dive into any of our previous comments...

@Delibheel So, how's the Xbox One treating you and your brother? Enjoying it?

@ReaderRagfish You should try Black, no really: trust me.
Xbox One will probably go on sale again in a couple of days.
It's calling you, it is...
Just listen to it, gently whispering in your ear:

"Reader.... "
"Reader.... "

"Get your wallet out... "

"Come out and play..... "

@BrainOfGrimlock Never owned a Saturn, unfortunately. The only Sega console I own, is a Sega Dreamcast, and I'm a very happy and proud owner. The Saturn is still on the list, though, so I might have to look into that snowboard game you mentioned. Cool Boarders 2 wasn't all that great in my opinion.

I think they got a bit closer to 1080's feel with Cool Boarders 2001, the last entry in the series on the original PlayStation, but they were still a ways off. By the way: if you still have a Wii or a Wii U lying around, you don't need to feel jealous of us "Wave Racers" anymore, since you'll either be able to play that game natively on the Wii, or if you're Wii isn't GameCube compatible, you'd be able to softmod it and play it in that way, and the same goes for the Wii U.

@DarthNocturnal You think, or you know? We'd need proof before we'd believe you, obviously...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DarthNocturnal

@ThanosReXXX

I remember playing on Reverse, and being proud of myself. Odds are, I did. But it was over a decade ago.

Morpheel

@ThanosReXXX I believe I’m 80 hours into Dragon Age Inquisition so I guess im enjoying it.

Haven’t had much time to play anything else on it though.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Ah... you know what? I'm in a good mood, so I'll take your word for it.

@Delibheel Sounds like you are, then.
Then again: could also just be the game itself, seeing as it's also available on PS4 and PC...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

Mass Effect 1 really looks great on 1X. I forgot how good that first game was compared to....whatever...that series became in 2. Shooting punctuated RPG play rather than just being a corridor shooter. Who knew?

@BrainOfGrimlock Never had a Saturn. I had a 32X! For like a week. Then decided it was worthless and thought Sega CD was the next console...and then the Saturn came out and I just kind of looked sideways and wondered what Sega is the real Sega and never bought another. Just like everybody else.

@ThanosReXXX " turn me into a pet or put me down isn't born yet,"
I dunno....I for one do not trust those avacado toast free range tofu sandwiches with lactose free pumpkin spice lattes. They may be poison. Or made of people. #MeatAndGreet

" tendency for political correctness and/or being a SJW, except predominantly towards their own good instead of actually towards other people."
Is there any other kind?

The part that everybody is like you describe isn't even the part that bother's me. It's the fact that those end up being the people that see the most success that makes me want to launch every nuclear missile ever made at myself.

@rjejr Even you can't be too lazy (or drunk) to participate in millennial bashing!

@ReaderRagfish That's not the XBox whispering to you. That's absurd. An XBox you haven't bought yet can't whisper to you..... It's just Cortana. Helping you with your holiday shopping. If you don't buy the XBox within 24 hours, Cortana will assist you in completing your holiday shopping by automatically ordering one for you from the Microsoft Store. It's ok. She has your credit card info on file. Don't worry about cancelling. Windows 10 will "need to install critical updates. This may take a while while your computer reboots" at that time to be sure your package is shipped without interference.

NEStalgia

BlueOcean

It feels great when you invite somebody who publicly complains about not being able to find players for playing Sea of Thieves and they don't even respond. LOL

@ReaderRagfish Thanks! Great videos. You ALL should watch this, at least the first minute.

@ReaderRagfish @BrainofGrimlock Saturn games will find their place on the ultimate console, the Xbox. I play Wave Race Blue Storm (the first time I got Wave Race 64 was on Wii U) since launch, my favourite character is Ryota, just because it takes a long time to adjust to controlling each character. He's kind of a Mario-balanced pilot and his "announcer", not really an announcer but a coach, is nice. I also completed this game but it's so demanding, the controls are realistic but La Razza Canal is a nightmare, one little mistake or being pushed by someone and you are scre*ed. To be a launch title allowed me to focus on this game though.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic