Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,761 to 6,780 of 11,903

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Oh, man. You could have fooled me. Barely escaped a terminal computer crash last night, don't even know how exactly I got this old brick back into working order again, so I was a bit on edge, to be honest.

Next time, just call me Mad Titan, then I'll know for sure at least...
(or add one of them smile-thingies... )

In a considerably better mood now, though. Gotta love UEFA cup soccer...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Grumblevolcano

Interesting, Inside Xbox this month (no confirmed date yet) will have news on Age of Empires. Would be cool if the franchise came to XB1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Inside Xbox date is now confirmed for March 12th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@redd214 XBox 3 variant 4 is now "XBox One SAD"...following XBox 1 = XBox 3 and XBox 1 X to distinguish so easily from XBox 1 S..........it's almost like they try to achieve the worst possible naming convention at all times. Now I know how they're getting beaten by a company that can't even figure out how to make a good BluRay player despite co-inventing BluRay.... Of course SAD is still better than "XBox One Discless Edition" which is a very unfortunate name if said too quickly....

@Morpheel Oh jeez, he changed his name again....
"I do wonder what would they call the next Xbox"
I've gone ahead and come up with some Microsoftian naming and slogans for the new generation product. They can pay me royalties later:

XBox Zero. "Because you are what you play."
YBox. "Y. Just Y. "
XBox 1.1 "Everyone hates the previous one. Do-over!"
XBox 9 "When products don't sell, add several whole integers next time! (Company policy, y'know?)"

@Ryu_Niiyama Really enjoying DoA6. The story mode (you hate it anyway) is short, broken, and incomplete, almost insulting. But the fighting is a blast. The level of depth is scary though...they hide it until you get into character tutorials, but the character tutorials are good...more in depth than anything other than BB or maybe GG. I'm far from an FG expert, but I know it's fun, and really feels unique from everything else, play-wise.

NEStalgia

redd214

March gamepass games:

Just Cause 4 and Lego Batman 2 - 3/6
F1 2018 and Fallout 4 - 3/14

Can still get a month for a dollar for new subs!

redd214

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia good to hear. I haven’t played story mode in a fighting game since soul calibur III. When I left for work this morning I had 5 hours left on the download so by the time I get back from my astronomical society meeting it will be done. I shall give it a go this weekend. I gotta go find my PS4 stick anyway. Will be building an all in one this year. Cuz this is getting annoying.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Hah, yeah, I'm pretty happy with my Atrox and Brook PS4 adapter, though in hindsight I should have gone the other way because I believe PS4 Pantera works on PC natively while X1 Atrox doesn't due to some reason that makes no sense since X1 wired controllers are the default PC controllers... (Atrox build is so much nicer though.... )

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia well in my defense I was used to living with my full setup so it was actually easier to have individual sticks. But now that Microsoft is pushing bc (which means VF5FS) I need something with full compatibility. Brook makes a a retro pcb and a current pcb so im going to pick up both and toss em into a spare TE and see how I like it. If they work well I will build a custom. I am planning on going to evo (unless I go to Microsoft Ignite) next year so I will want a custom by then.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama It's funny, half the FG come only to PS4 or PS4+PC, but XB ends up with about as many once you add BC in

I didn't realize Brook made actual DIY PCBs, I thought they only made converters!

I shouldn't be surprised you're going to Evo/Ignite, but I somehow am

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I can get the evo shock since I don’t like to play online (I used to
Buy a three month pass of live every summer and just play fighting games during that time. Free online was why I started to shift to PS for fighting then they broke it next gen. But ps4 has SFV so they win by default ) but I love in person gaming. Hence why I am in a FGC club.

Ignite I am not sure. I am a data professional and MS SSMS is my wheelhouse. And I love tech so I am not sure why that one was surprising. I just hope they don't schedule it and PASS Summit so close together. I already started saving for that.

I think the final dlc for AC odyssey is out cuz my xbone didn’t auto shut off and it does that sometimes when it is downloading.

Edit: I loathe using my phone to post.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Ahh, I was thinking Ignite was some XBox thing. It sounds it. I love when the sales crowd chooses words that sound like gaming terms for things that involve Power Point presentations. "Get PSYCHED for spreadsheet analysis!! WOOT!! Right? WOOO....guys, cheer with me, mmkay? Okay....."

Between a choice of attending tech-industry business conventions and getting attacked by a brahmin in the Fukushima exclusion zone....I may pick the latter.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia lol that’s so mean but funny, so brava. I look at it this way. I like to learn and that kind of initiative looks really good come review time to boot. Invest in yourself now so you can charge your company to invest in you later.

Yeah I couldn’t go to an Xbox only event. Not enough exclusives in general let alone any I care about. I have gears of war on the horizon... that’s it.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Nono, Horizon released in October.

(ba dum tsss - couldn't resist...)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama @NEStalgia Hm... That kinda got me thinking: Gears of War in Horizon. Wonder what would happen if they'd force together two franchises of that magnitude, and if they'd even be able to make something half decent out of it...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Except with chainsaw guns...

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, that certainly would be nuts...

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia what the? Boooo! Someone boo this man!

@ThanosReXXX sounds like a train wreck in waiting to me. I want devs to get back to basics as too many moving parts often equates to a mediocre experience.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia @Ryu_Niiyama Officers, respond. We've got a Mad Max groupie in here. Approach with extreme caution. Use stun gun if necessary...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic