Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,741 to 6,760 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Ah, okay. Well, that's indeed more or less along the lines of the other games I mentioned, then. Good to know. I'll be downloading it anyway, seeing as it's free and OG Xbox and Xbox 360 titles are yours to keep, unlike Xbox One titles that you download through Games with Gold.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Dezzy

@redd214

Yeah ShopTo is a decent enough site. I've ordered from them quite often.

But given how quickly that price has dropped, I'll wait another 3 months or so before buying it for like £10.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Looking at the past unless Microsoft wants to do a Sea of Thieves focused Inside Xbox, the next one is probably March 12th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

For you folks in the UK, Crackdown 3 is down to £27 at Shop To. Now I will admit I have no idea if this is a decent price or a good retailer to shop at but it says 51% off so seems like a decent deal I guess for those that want physical copy.

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/xbox-one/XB1CR02-crackdown-3

It's now £25.95 on thegamecollection
https://www.thegamecollection.net/crackdown-3-xbox-one/

Yeah this is gonna be under £10 within 6 months. At which point I'll try it.

NEStalgia

Ok, so I tried Crackdown 3 for free with Game Pass. I'm certainly glad I didn't spend money on it. It came almost close to entertaining me for about an hour and a half before I just couldn't take it anymore. Upon it, I can bestow the most scathing criticism I can ever bestow a game: It's boring. It's not "bad", by the numbers, the systems work, it's not broken, everything works as a game designed by spreadsheet should work. Mechanically and functionally it's a "good" game.....but it's utterly, mind numbingly boring, with zero motivation to do just about anything, in a world that feels like Sucker Punch's inFamous series ,but without any motivation to explore the 10 year out of date collect-a-thon slash battle everything that moves gameplay. It's Crackdown ,but where Crackdown 1 was kind of revolutionary ahead of its time....rough as it was, this one.....sticks with that. For die-hard Crackdown fans it's probably great....but otherwise...yeowch. That's my 2019 disappointment right there unless Pokemon gets delayed which seems unlikely now.

OTOH DoA6 is fantastic! They really changed up the gameplay. AI needs some work still IMO.....and story mode is a broken mess....it works...but the story makes no sense and you can't tell what tile goes after the next. Play all chapters of the campaign, then just individual per-character stories...but only one or two battles each scattered randomly across chapters, and not all of them unlock even after the main story....weird.....I haven't tried mission mode yet. Main characters like Kasumi, Ayane, and Hayate don't even have separate story tiles....just what they had in the brief campaign. Story mode is a big step back from 5's polished output. But the fighting manages to feel very different from all other fighters, including 5. The story is still all soap opera through and through though. The overacting, the whole sense of "Elena is having Blaine's baby, but Richter doesn't know..." kind of campy dialogue, and the scantily clad "classy" women and the oiled ruffian men bulging out of their unbuttoned polo shirts..... DoA is still As the World Turns.

@Ryu_Niiyama Have you tried it yet?

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia Tried which one? Crackdown 3? Yes and for me it does what it says on the tin, which is what I bought it for. I get to feel like a superhero and this time I can play a female agent. Works for me. Honestly once you blaze through the story most of these open world games are the same. At least Crackdown is a sandbox so I can tackle it in whatever fashion I want (so long as it is within the game mechanics of course.). Currently alternating between AC:Sparta and Crackdown3 and since I am post story on AC (and at this point mentally checked out anyway. Story was really shoehorned all around) they both feel the same, to me. I play RPGs if I want to actually feel mentally engaged with the game.

If you are asking about DOA6, that would never be a day 1 purchase for me. But it is in my download queue if it isn't horrible I'll pick it up once it hits at least 40. I just joined a FGC meetup and I'm willing to try DOA sooner if it means I don't have to keep playing MK XL (ugh. The tech is better for a MK game, still crap though, but hit trading is hard to read, it is still S L O W and its very, very boring. But it has gore and half naked women so the guys in the meetup are happy. This is why I game solo lol) Can't Sega just announce VF6 (and 5FS) for the Switch so I can be at peace? So I'll give DOA a shot eventually. I'll be half funding this meet up group anyway. The organizer only has two games and I have nearly everything, so I will eventually get back to buying every fighter even if I don't care just to have someone to game with. sigh

Whenever it finishes downloading I'll give it a go.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

If it's real then they better redesign it because that "xbox one s without a mouth" look is kinda distracting.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@redd214

That would actually make sense as a way of testing the water for the next gen. If it sells well, they'll make the next console digital-only. If it doesn't, they won't.

Although that would give Sony the opportunity to show them up again by sticking with discs.

Edited on by Dezzy

redd214

@Dezzy I'm sure regardless of sales there will be an Xbox "Two" with a drive and one without. Highly highly doubt they would release without a drive completely. We've all seen what some bad initial pr can do to a console, imagine the shit storm if they released without the option of getting physical all together.

redd214

redd214

@Morpheel Xbox Infinity that way they can just keep iterating every few years and not have to change the name lol

redd214

Eel

Until they release the Xbox 98.

On a bit of a different subject, I just learned you can use the Xbox as a middleman for other hdmi devices.

The WiiU finally gets to use the TV again~

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 There actually will be a more traditional option for the new generation. Phil Spencer himself has already said as much, regardless of them focusing more on Games as a Service.

@Morpheel WHAT? You only just learned that?
But all joking aside: I actually only found out myself last year, when I was trying to find a solution for not having enough HDMI ports to hook up my SNES Mini. And then the thought appeared to me that if I could connect a TV set top box to the Xbox One, then why wouldn't that also work with any other device?

And whaddaya know: it actually did. Up until a month ago, that was also the way in which my Switch was connected to my TV, but then I finally decided to upgrade to a bigger HDMI hub with more ports, because ultimately, I thought that having to boot up one console, in order to be able to play another one, is kinda dumb, really. And getting frequent pop up messages from friends who were wondering what I was doing on my Xbox then entire time, if I wasn't playing any games on it also was quite annoying...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

Date for the Xbox SAD edition is May 7th, also Halo MCC coming to PC, also rumors of course

@ThanosReXXX thanks for the confirmation Admiral Obvious lol

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Ralizah

redd214 wrote:

Date for the Xbox SAD edition is May 7th

Had to look this up. "Xbox One S All-Digital Edition," huh?

THAT name sure isn't going to lead to a ton of trolling.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

Maybe they could add sad eyes to it and market it as a novelty item.

Edit: Actually the name would be Xbox One SAD Edition. That's even better.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Huh? What's up with that reply? Mine was an honest reaction to your comment. Other than saying you highly doubted it, I didn't see anything in your comment indicating that you already knew for sure, so I honestly thought I was giving you some useful additional info.

Not that anyone of us actually can say anything definitive about it for now, but I guess it's relatively safe to trust Phil Spencer on this, seeing as it's now already out there, so him going back on that would seem unlikely, to say the least, and they probably don't want to do anything that could potentially hurt yet another one of their console reveals...

redd214

XBone was a bad nickname but Xbox One SAD edition is far worse lol.

But in all seriousness if they price it very aggressively I think it could be decently successful. The nearest competing device feature wise I would say is the nvidia shield tv thing. Retails for $200 but is usually less. If they can get in the 150-200 range I think it could be a good boost going into next gen. Assuming this is real of course.

@ThanosReXXX oh relax old man, it was a joke

redd214

Eel

Well, I got my S for 200 last black friday, and I'd expect it to go even lower this year. They'd need to make it a really nice deal to get people to buy it instead of a normal S.

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic