Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 6,701 to 6,720 of 8,930

Ryu_Niiyama

SFVI and SFV and the EX series are 2.5D games. 3D would be something like Soul Calibur.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama That's exactly what I said, ma'am, which would have been clear if you wouldn't have arrived a little late to the party...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX I was just adding to what you said. I only wander in the threads for the Twins. I don't camp out in here anymore lol. Besides...Smash and diablo.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX i still can't get into my head that the awards are morphing into a mini e3 with announcements at all, let alone disappointed. Seemed weird to me. The awards never seemed like an industry event to me, just an odd fan thing with small industry backing.

Otoh Sony bothered to show up. Must have been a long journey from that Ivory tower.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

StableInvadeel

Do you guys think an SNES mini would do fine on top of my Xbox One S? On the smooth part without the fan, of course.

It's not heavy, and as far as I know the mini itself doesn't actually heat up. I'm actually far more curious about the idea of the Xbox affecting the mini.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@Delibheel

I have my Wii U on top of my XboneS. Seems fine.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

So, you're a fan of Obsidian from what I've read. What's your take on The Outer Worlds? It looks kinda neat.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NEStalgia

@Delibheel depends how warm to the touch the s gets. Shouldn't bea problem.

@DarthNocturnal outer worlds looks like feargus is more nauseated by what Bethesda has done to his fallout than even i am..... I'm loving it I'm going to just call it fallout 3: actual edition from now on

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

Yeah, they seemed to push the whole “made by the guys who originally made Fallout and made the newer one many of you liked over what those other guys made“ angle. Plus the whole “y'know, violence doesn't always have to be a solution“ bit.

It's weird; I've yet to play New Vegas, and yet that's what immediately came to mind with the trailer. Although, I did play FO3 (after having played 4).

Chris77

@Delibheel I have both the Wii U and switch on to of my One S and not had any issues. Most of the fan area is clear and it doesn't get that hot.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, and they haven't made that claim to the old brand at any point before. Technically Brian Fargo (inExile, interplay/black isle) is the actual creator..... feargus is kind of cocreator second class..... And Chris Taylor was the producer of 1 and 2 (not the supreme Commander, total annihilation, dungeon siege Chris Taylor, the other one). But still, a lot of that team was part of it.

Bethesdas vision for fallout is just a zombie apocalypse in the 1950s. It's dreary and dull with no personally (which is so weird since tes is tons of personality). OW is everything fallout that Bethesda forgot. I'm all in already! The apocalypse just got attitude again (pls the renewed competition may keep bethesda on the their toes for tes6. Or just have Zenimax do it. They still remember what rpgs are.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Ah, my bad. I was only half serious, though. Hence the smiley.

@NEStalgia Haha, yeah. On some level, it wouldn't even surprise me that the reason that they aren't going to be on the next E3, is because they're largely going to blame all the screw ups they made on external factors, so this coming year, they'll just hold their own event, like EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda...

@NEStalgia @DarthNocturnal The announcement of this "actual" successor to the original Fallout certainly made me chuckle...

@Delibheel As long as whatever you place on top is placed on the left side, and has a little bit of space in between (which should be the case, seeing as most systems have rubber or plastic 'feet' underneath them), the Xbox One will be just fine.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Um... A Question about Xbox 360 Arcade Slim 4 GB.
What is that mean 4 GB memory Stick ?
Is that Internal Storage size inside Xbox 360 Arcade Slim ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarthNocturnal

Hmmmm, VIP Anthem demo is coming late January, and EA Access subs get access... and I just got codes for two free months (one month each) for pre-ordering BFV (which I can redeem anytime between now and March 31st). I wonder if freebie codes are eligible.

Also, open beta early February.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I think it is a memory card, yes. No internal storage. But I never owned any of the later models Xbox 360.

@NEStalgia might be able to tell you a bit more about that, I think.

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
So, the 4 GB Memory Stick like External Memory Card PS2 ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarthNocturnal

@ThanosReXXX @Anti-Matter

As I recall, the 4GB of storage in the “Arcade“ 360 was internal storage. The unit was supposed to be a cheap alternative, compared to buying a 360 with an HDD. At best, 4 GBs meant you had room for game patches.

I still have a Slim I won in a contest that also had 4 GBs of internal storage. Never used it, because 360 HDDs were crazy expensive for the storage you got, and it wasn't compatible with my pre-existing HDD (at least, not without removing the drive itself from it's casing). Then I got an XB1, so it didn't matter anymore.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX they hold their own events every year..... They skipped that this year, too..... . All the obvious speculation is it involves the ps5 announcement, but...... Skipping your own event and not even showing up at the big event.... Not even a folding table with pamphlets for indie games or something..... That's just bizarre. When you look quiet compared to Nintendo, youre definitely doing it wrong . It's possible if not probable that have an enormous spare no expenses media blitz planned sometime after June all the budget is going into..... But it's still weird for #1 to just entirely ignore so the events.

@Anti-Matter hmm, I'm not sure actually. Arcade models didn't come with the hard drive..... But idon't remember anything about memory stick...i wonder if they bundled then with usb thumb sticks for limited storage at some point? That's a head scratcher. Fwiw there's no special memory card slot or anything, so it's either usb or just ab oddly worded reference to a small hdd or internal storage?

@DarthNocturnal yeah those 360 drives were grossly priced. Though i think they fixed that with the last redesign that didn't even take those weird custom enclosed ones anymore.

Curious about anthem. I actually already preordered because e3 made it sound a lot better than i expected.... But then i found teso.... That's kind of consuming the online mmo games thing for me.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic