Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 6,661 to 6,680 of 6,847

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia My main, and often my only criterion to buy or not buy a game is simply if I get enough of a feeling that I'd like to play it or not, and that isn't in any single way connected to how long it would possibly take me to finish it.

Unless it's a three hour run-through, even for the most average gamer out there, but that's going into extremes...

But in all seriousness: if the genre, the topic/story, style and so on appeal to me, then that's already more than good enough for me.

And for each and every one of my consoles, I've also bought several of the so-called must have titles, or games of which I personally thought "if I don't buy them now, my chance to ever get my hands on them at a later time will be gone forever".

I've always kept in mind that if ultimately, I don't happen to like some of these games, then I'd simply trade them in, but funnily (or typically/luckily) enough, that has never happened, because (so far) I liked all of them.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

redd214

@NEStalgia man forgot about Populous! 0layed the crap out of that game when I was a kid. Was the first game I purposely tried to "break" lots of great memories with that one! May have to add that to my snes classic here soon!

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

Delibheel

Why would a moderator in some website know, anyway.

I never get any industry secrets

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ReaderRagfish

@BlueOcean Already? Dang, Capcom really does like their sequels and remakes. Assuming its even true.

@Delibheel Oi, you're different again!

Edited on by ReaderRagfish

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Delibheel

It's a secret to everybody.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BlueOcean

It is an easy-to-predict game. 3 and Code Veronica are crying out for this after the best remake ever.

BlueOcean

NEStalgia

Wow, Fable II really does look a little blurry even on 1X. I'm surprise those games aren't enhanced like a lot of even third party BC games. I'd have thought Fable would be something they'd showcase more despite being on hiatus, especially with the remaster of 1.

@BlueOcean Technically, mostly finished with the 360 console. I wouldn't get rid of it. I do have a few physical games from back in the day that I may someday want to play and that's still the only way to do it (anyone remember The Saboteur, Pandemic's last game before EA shut them down (on launch day!) That was a really good game. But generally 90% of everything I'd ever use the 360 for now runs (and runs better) on the X1X!

@ThanosReXXX I don't buy games based on length, but I may choose which order I play them from my backlog based on length if I know I won't be able to finish it if I start it now, etc. Or if I know I have a long period of time I'd be playing, I don't want to open up something that I'd finish in 10 days if it's a good window to play an 80 hour epic.

@Delibheel Welcome to the boards, new modera.....oh, it's just you.

NEStalgia

Delibheel

Good news, I got my free month of game pass.

Now I shall proceed to waste most of it because they added it as active time instead of giving me a code, and I don't particularly wish to play any of the games right now (and also I won't be able use the xbox for about half of that month)

Eh! My gameplay videos

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well that sounds fair and logical enough.

Hey Meowpheel... Ehm.. Yosh... oh, wait: @Delibheel? Wtf?
Anyway, yesterday, I actually wanted to ask you how things turned out with that photo sending business, but
I forgot, and after that, I had some problems accessing the site, so because of that, it slipped my mind again.

Bit of a mixed bag then, aye? Finally having it, but not being able to choose when to use it.
Oh, well. Far as I'm concerned, it really isn't all that special, although it is handy to be able to play newer games, and a host of older games without having to buy them, but it's not for everybody.

If it's any consolation: I actually also ruined my free GamePass, and because of my bundle, I even had two months worth of it, but because I had no idea what it was exactly, I simply activated it shortly after having installed the Box, but after that, I never really looked into it anymore, so it came and went, pretty much without me knowing what it was supposed to be used for, and then I just got an e-mail notification afterwards of my subscription to GamePass ending...

Didn't care much, and still don't. I like the normal Xbox Live subscription more: that's valid for the entire year, and even if you don't really use it, you still get all the free games...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

DarthNocturnal

Apparently that MixPot is for watching the Awards proper on Mixer. Or maybe you can watch it or the Mixer aftershow to get it.

Either way, Major Nelson's blog states you get free SoT stuff, and a chance to win a copy of BFV. I already have the latter, but I'm always up for more of the former.

EDIT: Forza Horizon 4: Fortune Island lands Dec 13th.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

So we're getting Tomb Raider and Devil May Cry demos today?

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

BlueOcean

I only watched until Best Action Game award which was the first award, it was late in UK and I fell asleep. I liked the host though. @DarthNocturnal Does it qualify for the MixPot rewards and what are they? Nice to see that Forza Horizon 4 got the best sports/racing game award, it deserves it.

Crash Team Racing is real, launches on 20th June 2019. I am excited about it and Team Sonic Racing.

BlueOcean

NEStalgia

I was half tempted with the sales to buy a spare X1X just in case the first ever dies considering the huge library I have amassed for it 250+ and counting....) Not sure I feel like splashing the cash for it though. Especially when I probably need to buy a new PS4 Pro soon (despite it's dwindling library for me....FF going to Switch....now Persona5 maybe going to Switch.....down to like 29 games I want to play on it ...but that incessant beeping keeps getting worse. Could be overheating for all I know.)

@BlueOcean btw, you were talking about Craig Duncan and Rare the other day. It looks like he was involved in Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed....maybe he's not so bad I'm more worried about Simon Woodroffe the creative director....he has all the wrong company associations.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Good call on CTR. Looks nice too. Perhaps they'll also add the original game to it, or in some limited edition, so people can experience and/or relive that as well.

@NEStalgia Yeah, of course, why don't you? Buying two new consoles on a whim... pffff...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Haha, not a whim so much as "I don't want to but the sales are good and if I don't buy now I'll regret it"....I mean you know how my hardware luck runs.....and the internal HDDs are stupidly not replaceable on X1 I don't want to though, I already bought a spare Elite and spare HDD (the HDD is arguably most important since I have almost 7TB of games I'd lose...I could redownload but my ISP might not be happy about that )

I probably won't do it though. The PS4 I kind of have to, unfortunately (not even a sale Pro is never on sale )....I keep trying to put it off because I don't want to buy it, I don't play it nearly as much as X1 and Switch, and I don't have as many games for it, but right now I kind of purposely don't touch it much because it just beeps most of the time and despite working fine otherwise...that can't be a good omen for it's longevity. Hard to justify since the X1 gets most of the play, and the Switch is the most likely to be damaged....if I were to buy another that's the one it should be but....stupid breaking PS. OTOH with the rumors of Persona5 going to Switch, all of FF going to Switch, Nier going to X1, and such, the list of PS4 games has drastically shrunk for me.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, the internal HDD actually IS replaceable, except not officially. There's several YouTube tutorials on how to do it, so you could always give that a go. Cheaper than having to buy an entirely new console, AND you'd be able to install a larger capacity drive...

BlueOcean

@NEStalgia Can you buy me a new TV please? Buy a new console when one of the them breaks. The only replacement console I would buy right now would be a New 3DS (the smaller and better model) because they are not manufactured anymore and Switch is not backwards compatible.

@ThanosReXXX It has split-screen multiplayer and online which is also nice (and uncommon).

BlueOcean

Delibheel

Now now, let's not abuse the trust of our rich friend.

I just want a new pair of joycon.

Edited on by Delibheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I haven't looked at S/OG teardowns. I do know for the X that replacing the HDD involves almost a complete teardown of the entire machine....that's a pretty ugly process and a lot of screws. For some reason the decided to put the HDD under everything. Small is nice but I think I'd rather have serviceable than the extra few mm shaved off. It's something I would consider attempting, but the potential damage makes a GamesStop tradein of the dead one almost look profitable.....

@BlueOcean Actually you raise a good point, I don't have a spare display....and the screen is older.... sigh that's likely to break first (though I do get good monitors, and expect them to last a good, long time...they're business displays sold sometimes for digital signage so they're meant for a looong run time. Not junky consumer TVs that sell for a thousand bucks and last 7 years. ) Still, yeah, the spare X will have to wait indefinitely.

Plus with Smash, it's a foregone conclusion I need either a GCN controller, or spare Pro controller....because that game, like Splatoon, and MH, will rip up my controllers (no way I'm using the Elite/Brook for Smash! Not even going to use the Elite for DMC5. Too expensive for that abuse.

@Delibheel not rich, just preemptively pessimist. I expect everything will break on me and at the lest opportune moment to replace it, so if I replace it before I need to replace it when I have a chance, it's handy to stock spares Invariably when it does break I'll either be unable to afford/justify replacing it, or it will be in the middle of a Chinese trade embargo where only 10 become available per year and cost $10,000 each.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic