Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 11,914

TysonOfTime

Hmm... I'm disappointed. Not because the showing was bad, it's just that I'm gonna be sad missing out on some of these games. Sunset Overdrive is interesting.

Oh well. I'll save up for a good PC, see about a PS4, and have the last laugh.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

KAHN

i'm not willing to give up my rights as a consumer. DRM just kills it for me. it means that when i go to gamestop and buy a game, i'm NOT buying a game; i'm buying a license to PLAY the game. and that is just bullsh*t. no exclusive for X1 is worth my rights as a consumer. i should have the right to sell a game if i don't like it. i shouldn't be forced to keep it forever.

also, X1 is $500 dollars. want a game to go with it? they're $60. want Gold membership? $60. want a spare controller? $50. want a controller adapter? $50. all of that's $720+. might as well build a PC.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

RR529

Sounds like a pretty solid conference. I haven't seen it yet, but hopefully it'll be posted on the 360 dashboard (like the reveal was), or it's posted on YouTube.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

Not a single game was interesting to me that was exclusive. Not one. Obviously Metal Gear Solid 5 and SW: Battlefront were interesting as hell, but we know those are also coming to the PS4.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

Not a single game was interesting to me that was exclusive. Not one. Obviously Metal Gear Solid 5 and SW: Battlefront were interesting as hell, but we know those are also coming to the PS4.

I disagree but then I remember you're deciding to not get Xbox One so cool.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I disagree but then I remember you're deciding to not get Xbox One so cool.

You're free to disagree. It's more that there's too many shooters, zombies, and Rare's crap for my tastes. Even the indie game they showed off looked abysmal in my eyes. It's just a dungeon crawler with the camera zoomed out too far to see anything...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

I haven't saw all of it yet (had to stop at the 1:05 mark), but I'll give my impressions thus far.

Metal Gear Solid V: the Phantom Pain - It's MGS, 'nuff said (+1)

World Of Tanks - It's a tank game, and that's awesome (+1)

Max & the Curse of Brotherhood - It's probably only an arcade game, but big kudos to MS for showcasing a colorful platformer (+1)

Dark Souls 2 - It doesn't look like my type of fantasy game, but it looks decent enough (+-0)

Ryse: Son of Rome - similar sentiments to the above (+-0)

Killer Instinct - A 2D arcade style fighter, with a bright pallet, and no blood. Good job MS (+1)

Sunset Overdrive - What appears to be a cartoony shooter, with bright visuals, and orange blood. Man, MS is on a roll tonight. (+1)

Forza 5 - I'm not a fan of realistic racers, but it looks nice (+-0)

Quantum Break - Yawn, doesn't look very compelling to me (-1)

D4 - Don't know much about this yet, but it's cel shaded, and that's enough to give it a passing grade, IMO. (+1)

Project Spark - This actually looks really cool! And with the vibrant, cartoony look, another victory for the conference. (+1)

Minecraft - It's nothing new, but it's a wildly popular game that's colorful, and made out of blocks, so it's a go. (+1)

Crimson Dragon - Up there with MGSV as the best game on offer, IMO. (+1)

The Witcher 3 - same as Ryse & Dark Souls 2. (+-0)

Dead Rising 3 - gone is the absurdity that the series is supposed to have, and now it's yet another generic looking zombie game (-1)

So far pretty good, and with Max & the Curse of Brotherhood, Killer Instinct, D4, Crimson Dragon, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark and Minecraft on display, it looks like MS has finally realized a bunch of boring, realistic looking games has been the wrong direction to go with in gaming. Sure, there was nothing I was jumping up and down excited for, but hopefully it's a sign of where the gaming industry is heading.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Phatosaurus

So, anybody actually going to buy a Xbone later this year and support their anti-consumerist antics?

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

mookysam

I can't get past the anti-consumer policies online requirements or DRM. They could've shown the most amazing games (as it happens, they didn't) and it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. The price was just the icing on the cake, frankly.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

bunnyking

CanisWolfred wrote:

I didn't jump up and down for any of the XBOX exclusives. Killer Instinct looks like it was straight from 2000... garbage. Panzar Dragon and Forza looked good, everything is not worth selling out for DRM.

bunnyking

19Robb92

I have to say.. This console looks absolutely terrible in every single way possible. Is there anyone who's actually excited for it? :S

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Ketchupcat

The only exclusive that interested me was Plants VS Zombies. So I'm definitely not getting a $500 robot stalker just for one game.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Ketchupcat

Well, that's a little better... but my brother's subscription is over and it's not even connected to an HD TV. Games these days are two big for it!

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

shingi_70

@RR529

You seem to rate games based on color pallete and not actual game pedigree. I mean despite Sunset Overdrive looking great the developer has been putting out average games since after quest for booty. Now comprare that to the Quantum break guys who's last games have both cult followings (Max Payne/Alan Wake)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TysonOfTime

Well, Killer Instinct being F2P with paying for any other characters other than the first one makes me sad. And no longer excited.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

CanisWolfred

Crimson Dragon looks okay, but it's a Kinect game, so I probably wouldn't like it...

Sony_70 wrote:

@RR529

You seem to rate games based on color pallete and not actual game pedigree. I mean despite Sunset Overdrive looking great the developer has been putting out average games since after quest for booty. Now comprare that to the Quantum break guys who's last games have both cult followings (Max Payne/Alan Wake)

Quantam Break's pedigree is part of why I'm not interested in it. I never liked any of their games before, doesn't look that'll be changing here.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

The_Fox

Phatosaurus wrote:

So, anybody actually going to buy a Xbone later this year and support their anti-consumerist antics?

If they change (or severely modify) their odd used games policy then I'll most likely pick one up this fall. Otherwise I'll wait a year or so like I'm going to do with the PS4 and see what happens then.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic