Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 6,201 to 6,220 of 7,984

Dezzy

@Yosheel

Why get FFXV base? The royal edition is best value by far.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Morpheel

I got the royal edition, it’s just that everything is a separate download, and the thing only downloaded the base game so far.

It’s a list of things my Xbox managed to download overnight, not a list of new purchases.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

Btw, if anyone finds good black Friday or cyber Monday xblg deals, tag me! I've been hoping for them but so far it looks like only 6 month and not 12 months gets a discount. I have until May for my sub, but was hoping to cash in on same black Friday discount. Sony's doing $40, so I'm hoping MS does a surprise counter.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yeah, sadly enough, it would seem we're definitely going in that direction. No need to actually know things anymore: just Google it, or listen to that chip in your head telling you the answer. Wonder what that would do for diplomas and universities...

@Dezzy It only triggers the alert if the word is either solitary, or in front of a word. So, because the 'I' was in front of it, it didn't hit any triggers. But you did, by mentioning the actual word...

@ReaderRagfish More like: that feeling when everyone on the internet expects other people they anonymously meet online to understand what they actually mean ALL the time. There's an age gap, where I am concerned, and as such also a generational gap. I'm not really a fan of or simply don't appreciate text message abbreviations and so on. It may be convenient for the one typing it, but for me it's a bother, because it might necessitate me looking up what the hell it actually means, and some of them (like the abuse of smileys by some people I know) aren't always appropriate or relevant. Not everything is LOL or ROFL...

I realize that makes me sound like an angry old man, but so be it. I guess I just like to actually know what people mean, without having to get a PhD in internet and/or l33t speak...
Makes discussions all the more easy, especially since in online talks, you've already lost other people's intonation and their facial expressions, so sometimes, even with normal text alone, correct interpretation isn't even guaranteed between two or more people. (which then necessitates more text for one of them, to explain to the other what was actually meant, and so on, and so on, back and forth. Voilà! The text wall was born... )

On a side note: I actually did understand what it meant, simply by logical deduction used on the rest of the sentence, but I've never seen it been abbreviated before. It really isn't as weird as you think it sounds.
And who decides when what is known? And what if we all start to abbreviate our own sentences? Could become pretty damn confusing, if you ask me.

@Yosheel the reason that the game installed just fine is because it only needs to read a unique disc code that's at the start of the disc, or it could use the code burnt into the center rim of the disc. That's a code unique to the game and/or that specific disc, making it the perfect anti-piracy measure. So, as long as that part of the disc is still readable, the rest can be a garbled mess, because that's all ignored, and the actual game, or rather the version of it that's optimized for the Xbox One, will be downloaded to your console, as you may have noticed.

Oh, and you'll get used to the buttons soon enough. If the letters confuse you, then just focus on the colors. Most games display the colors of the buttons on screen as well. As for the menu: that's completely customizable. For example: I've moved the Games with Gold page to the top by pressing the options button on the controller, and now it sits right under the main page, where your most or recently played games are displayed.

But personally, I just press the center Xbox button, to get the pop up menu, so I can go straight to my games page, or whatever other page I like.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships

https://cheapdigitaldownload.com/buy-xbox-live-gold-12-months...

And for all you non-American readers, here's the European version of that website:
https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-xbox-live-gold-membership...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

redd214

Fallout 76 on sale on Xbox store for $40 if anyone is interested, what a disaster all around!

redd214

BrainOfGrimlock

Yeah nah, they could make it F2P right now and i’d still not be interested, which is alarming given my propensity for their games in years gone by.

Fascinating (and tragic) to see though, going to be some very interesting conversations happening over the next year at Bethesda I suspect. Think people prophesising their doom (no pun) are getting somewhat ahead of themselves, but I can’t deny that having seen how much games have moved on in the past 5 years I find many of their titles to look/feel sorely dated.

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Morpheel

Get it for the memes.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

redd214

@BrainOfGrimlock Yeah, Ive never actually played a single one of their games (outside of the FO76 Beta) and their office is only like 20 or 30 minutes from where I live! They def have some soul searching to do especially after the news that ES6 and Starfield (?) will be using the same engine.

@Yosheel Seen some on twitter earlier today, cant believe they released it in such bad shape

redd214

Grumblevolcano

Bethesda games being very buggy at launch is about as likely as a Nintendo console having a game featuring Mario.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BrainOfGrimlock

Difference is, when your game is pushing boundaries/at the cutting edge people will forgive a lot; Skyrim was buggy as heck but was incredible at the time so people were a lot more tolerant (the ps3 issue aside which was admittedly ridiculous).

Their games now - 76 aside - are still of a similar quality and haven’t iterated all that much so perhaps have lost that ‘wow’ factor needed for people to forgive them such flaws? The fact that 76 is, even at base level apparently a worse game means i’m not really surprised people are so angry about it.

RDR2 has a fair few flaws yet despite people being more vocal this time round (which is fair enough given their controls have been terrible for about forever), because the rest of the game is of such a ridiculously high level, many are forgiving it; you only have to read some of the rubbish i’ve posted to see how conflicted and love/hate i feel about it!

BrainOfGrimlock

Morpheel

Is the base Sims 4 game worth it?

It's on sale at a reasonable price, but every expansion is like... Full-game price. I don't think I'd get any of them.

Eh! My gameplay videos

DarthNocturnal

Uh, wow... it'll definitely be on sale late next month then. That's a steep discount considering it's barely been out a week. Even SoT didn't do that...

Although, I am curious to see the reaction of everyone who paid full price (or bought the special edition).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX thanks! I didn't see when that price expires, but I'll probably take advantage of it if ms doesn't surprise with a retailer sale on Friday.

@blueocean yeah, i wasn't even aware a wireless dongle model exists. I thought the dongles were all for wired. (Maybe that's only for ps4 to xbox? Xbox uses a proprietary ratio 6 protocol while the others user bt. Recent xbox controllers also support bt for pc.... But the elite never got that redesign.

Yeah i like the soothing music and sounds on ps4.... That's probably the most charming thing about the machine. But using the ui is painful. I hate not being able to order my games by favorite rather than last played, even as groups.

@darthnocturnal. I'd give your my reaction but then yosheel would have to permaban me...

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

I actually debated getting 76 over BFV with my bday prepaid card funds. Decided to stick to my original plan.

Bullet possibly dodged?

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal I'm going to go with yes . Maybe they'll make a good game out of it. But if they're discounting it like that after a week..... Maybe they've moved into tes6

Imagine an rpg with no npcs, no stores, towns, dialog, or story, or really much purpose. It's Minecraft with marginally better graphics, more bugs, and players.

Bethesda strategy may be working though. Because 76 is so bad i discovered teso is actually good and spent on dlc in the crown store.

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

I've seen Protectrons and Super Mutants as vendors in a few streams, I believe. Although, I've also heard you can see BoS vertibirds fighting... but no ground forces. That is kinda weird.

BrainOfGrimlock

Anyone in Australia looking for a One X this Black Friday then move quick to EB Games (no mention of how long the deal will last but they do accept trade-ins towards it);

“Priced at $549, you can get the Gold Rush edition of the Xbox One X from EB Games with eight games: Halo: MCC, Forza Motorsport 6, Forza Horizon 4, Gears of War 4, Battlefield 1: Revolution, Battlefield 5, Battlefield 1943, Halo 5 and a month's worth of access to EA Access”*

Worth noting that if you have any of those games you can trade them in immediately for discount against the deal, although (naturally) you’ll be lucky to get much for each of them as they’ll give you the trade-in rather than sale price.

Might seem like a no-brainer to check our sole dedicated games store for the best deal, but it’s been a long time since they’ve been known for having the best price!

That’s about $400USD or £310GBP so not sure how well the deal compares to y’all?

*Source: Kotaku.com.au

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bethesda games being very buggy at launch is about as likely as a Nintendo console having a game featuring Mario.

I don't think I experienced a single bug in my first playthrough of Skyrim.

Maybe with the exception of getting stuck in the scenery once. But that was because I was trying to scale a mountain the wrong way.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

Caved and bought an S early this morning @ Walmart. Got the game pass for a buck deal and FH4 is almost down downloading Going to be a great day me thinks!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic