Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,201 to 6,220 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal If I can find some footage, or capture some myself, I'll post it here.
For the ones I've already done, there's no other way than to erase my progress and do it all over again,
and... ehm... well, I think you'll understand that even for me, that's a bridge too far, to prove or support a point...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Yeah....the one thing that's making Crew more fun though is that realization that you're supposed to color outside the lines. Crash through fences, broadside into buildings, tear down poles and people..... That makes it more "Sega arcade" than the "please try to do this as if it was at least mostly a real car on a real road" Simcade of Horizon. Horizon's infinitely better, but on the other hand it's nicely two very opposite experiences...so you can have some fun with it (I say that until I hit some infuriating race that can't be beat because of the floatiness. )

Ryu's first mistake was trying to make sense of a Ubisoft game. Nothing has ever made sense in a Ubisoft game. The more real they get the less sense they make But they're fun! (Usually....try Malaria: The Game next month and see if you still think so. )

BTW, for Forza controls I read somewhere that "Steering: simulation" is actually meant for wheels, not for controllers, and that all it really does is make the steering a lot more sensitive due to the turn radius of the wheel. Not sure if that's true or not, I've been playing on simulation thinking it was a more realistic setting (and they do give you another 5% or so CR for using it as though it's a more "challenging" setting), but it's possible it's kind of "broken" for controllers and meant for wheels only. Some of the deep settings get kind of cryptic, since you can then adjust the inside and outside deadzones, and acceleration curve. And no matter the settings Horizon still feels less weighty than Motorsport.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia not really going to go back and forth about it but just want to say as someone who spent 100s of hours in the orignial Crew, and have done every race and skill challenge in it some multiple times, you saying you're "supposed to color outside the lines" and crash into everything is just simply a falsehood. While the Horizon games are overall better just wanted to correct that one little thing.

Anyways for those that don't mind preplayed games, Gamefly is having a sale on all platforms. Games come with everything, box, manual, disc, dlc, etc. but are of course preplayed and no telling by how many. Some really great prices here and there though and their return policy isnt too bad. Ended up getting a few to sell later.

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 Huh, well if you're not actually supposed to do that (there seems to be minimal speed penalty and a lot of advantages for cutting distances, and rounding corners at too high a speed in doing so), then the physics really do just plain suck.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I was about to say that it would seem unlikely that a racing game is supposed to work like that,
well at least: if it ain't FlatOut, but @redd214 already beat me to it...

As for the steering settings in Forza: sounds like you could be on to something there. And as far as that difference is concerned between the main franchise and the Horizon series: far as I know, that's completely intentional, to make it that much more arcade-like and pleasurable in its open world setting.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

@DarthNocturnal there was 1 or 2 that long I believe, still nothing on the Gran Turismo Endurance races though. Thought my PS3 was going to explode after one of the 24 hour ones! Yeah I remember that challenge, thankfully I played most of it with my brother and a couple friends so always had someone in my "crew". I can see how a loner may find certain aspects boring.

redd214

NEStalgia

Well for $6 it's not a waste either way

NEStalgia

Banjo-

One year of Gold is 40% off now! Get it on Xbox.com or on your console. Time to extend my subscription.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Cobalt Congratulations on your X purchase! I am happy to hear the news, my Wii U friend. The included HDMI is 4K and HDMI 2.1-compatible and is the one that Microsoft recommends. Yes, all original Xbox games are 4K on X. The quality of the console is supreme so no need to worry about that. If you get a faulty unit you can use the guarantee. The games that "shine" on X are the X-enhanced games:

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced...

Start with Game Pass and try games/franchises there and then buy whatever you like. I can't wait for Resident Evil 2 either. Buy a year of Gold now on Xbox.com or on your console, it's 40% off!

Believe me, after a while you'll realise that the OS is thousand years ahead of PS4 or Switch.

Another thing, there are games entitled FREE, others FREE+, others INCLUDED XBOX GAME PASS or with a "+" at the end... what does that mean exactly...

That is a very good question.

FREE means free.

FREE+ means that there is DLC for this free-to-play game.

£49.99+ means that there is DLC for this paid game.

INCLUDED WITH GAME PASS means exactly that but you can also buy it (with a discount if you are subscribed).

DLC is not included with Game Pass but you get a discount too.

Xbox One Games with Gold are yours while you are subscribed to Gold. You can "buy to own".

Xbox 360 and Original Xbox Games with Gold are yours after your subscription expires.

Backwards compatible games:

https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

@PikPi Same here. I don't know if Celete is fun or frustrating but now it's a Game With Gold so my fears have disappeared.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX See, I disagree. I got into gaming because I saw it as interactive reading. So I want to think when I game, compelling story, deep lore, extensive world building...those things make me happy. An escape is fine, but your world has to make sense. Also once you set the rules of your world please don't go changing them willy nilly without a compelling explanation. My dummy games are fighting games....where I spend time analyzing frame rates, building combos and working on my mind games.

Anyhoo, Plague Tale from what I can see was made by the recore devs (I still need to open that) and you play a woman and her brother on the run from the Inquisition and you use plague rats to solve puzzles and kill enemies.

http://aplaguetale.com/en

Edit:Crackdown 3 looks interesting still. I like the idea that the Agent state and the global states are different.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Was only partly serious, but for me personally, games ARE an escape. Of course, if it's a story-based or story driven game, it needs to have certain elements to work, and those elements need to make some kind of sense, but most genres don't really need such deep layers, and should just be what they're categorized as: electronic entertainment, not electronic food for thought...

Well, at least: that's how I see it...

@BlueOcean Cobalt is going to be overwhelmed by all the answers we already gave him, and yours on top,
a couple of pages later...

By the way: why buy Xbox Live Gold from Microsoft when it is much cheaper at cdkeys.com, even with this official discount?
In my region, the official price is now €59.99/$59.99, while the cdkeys price is €37.99/$44.99...
(the actual, converted dollar price should be $43.52, but apparently, US VAT weighs in more than EURO tax on
web shops)

But I don't just blindly trust cdkeys. These are good sites to keep track of the actual price differences:
https://www.techradar.com/news/these-are-the-cheapest-xbox-li...

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-xbox-live-gold-membership... and the affiliate site for US citizens: https://cheapdigitaldownload.com/

https://www.windowscentral.com/where-buy-xbox-live-gold
(this page currently mentions the official 3 month discount as pick of the month, but still mentions cdkeys as
the best alternative all year round)

Either way, I practically never buy online subscriptions from the official channels, because they're hardly ever cheaper.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Interesting stuff, that Plague Tale thing. Could potentially become a great game,
although the whole rat thing is slightly over-exaggerated, if you ask me. But then again, that's what games are for, right ma'am?

I think more people here might like it, so I'll just post the alpha version gameplay video that's on the developer's site, even though it's kind of blasphemous, since it's a PlayStation video...

Oh, well, here goes:

EDIT:
And good news for all you arcade racer lovers out there:
Burnout Revenge, aka Burnout 4, which has been backwards compatible since May of this year, has now been reduced in price for Xbox Live Gold members, and it's only $6.99. Hilariously entertaining game, with massively over the top crash modes, and highly addictive races.

A complete no-brainer for fans of the genre, if you ask me:
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/product/Burnout-Revenge/66...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia You're welcome. Purchased it myself as well, even though I still own the physical disc. Was tired of having to dig that up out of my pile of older games...

Forgot how hard the later crash courses were, though. A small hint: where in The Crew the cars are floating on ice, the cars in Burnout are far more stuck to the road, depending on which car you choose, but it does take a bit of getting used to again, after Forza Horizon, and even after Split Second...

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia In a way, it's almost kind of disappointing how I didn't even have to sell you on the game:
I was actually kind of getting into the swing of doing that...

After having played it a bit on the Xbox One, I was wondering what exactly was improved, because the game was already fast originally, but of course it was also already an upscaled game, since it started on the OG Xbox, and was then turned into an HD version for the Xbox 360, and now on the One, they've touched it up a little, to make it look decidedly good, considering that it's a 13 year old game...

To compare the two, here's an original review of the 360 version, and a review of the backwards compatible version:

The second video also shows some more gameplay and gives some tips, in case you or anyone else is wondering about that.

So, definitely not a looker in modern day terms, but still good looking enough for its age, lightning fast and hilariously entertaining to play. Might even persuade @redd214 to get more than just that one Forza Horizon game that he's playing now, to at least get some variety on the old Xbox One, or in his case:
the brand new Xbox One...

Cobalt

@BlueOcean Thanx my friend !

I'm playing Forza Horizon 4 and I start to see what they have done... It's smart, really smart... ^^
It's really fun but I think I'm gonna like Motorsport 7even more... (I prefer a more "traditional" racing game).

I tried the masterchief collection too and again, they did a really good job.

So, I have to thank Nintendo for the nice time I spend on my XBOX ONE X !
Yeah, they basically sold me the ONE X because of the lack of games on the Switch... it's quite a feat... :/

Cobalt

Eel

Welp it’s almost time, in 14 hours, we will be going on vacation. Wish I could bring you along lil’ Xbox, but I’d rather have space for pants in my suitcase.

There goes my remaining gamepass time. Dunno if I’ll want to buy more, didn’t really use it much.

Now, I gotta go waste some more precious sleep time thinking about which 2DS to take with me. Hm.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

redd214

@ThanosReXXX looks fun but not going down the rabbit hole lol. I've realized I won't be able to play everything and will inevitably miss out on some great games. Already got 300+ games outside so sticking to just Forza on the Xbox. Thanks though!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic