Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 6,161 to 6,180 of 7,662

ReaderRagfish

@NEStalgia LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

Morpheel

My Xbox is here

It's updating right now, but so far so good. I had to move the WiiU further back, because the Xbox is bigger than I expected and the cables need more space.

The blue controller silicone glove thingy I got fits perfectly btw, I'm glad it's not too big.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarkRula

@Yosheel
Yay! Another one joins the family. Enjoy it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Morpheel

In other news, I apparently had Metal Slug 3 on my account. Which is weird because I don't remember ever buying it.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BlueOcean

@Angelic_Lapras_King Yes good sir, if the rumours are true there will be five different Xbox One models this generation. Microsoft said at E3 that they are working on the next consoles for the next generation. A cheap basic console is a given and a premium console too because it worked with S and X. So even if they will test the waters with the disc-less Xbox One (if true) there will be at least two Xbox consoles next generation, perhaps three if one of them is just a streaming-Xbox. So next generation we would have Xbox Two X with Blu-ray, disc-less Xbox Two S and Streaming Xbox (just a theory based on all these rumours).

But now it's time to enjoy all the new and old games on Xbox One X or S. Have you picked games up on Black Friday sale?

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Angelic_Lapras_King

@BlueOcean Kinda. Most of my XBox purchases have been 360 based, since god knows how much longer those servers have, plus my 360 recently crossed the 600 downloads mark. Which yeah, backward compat but only 300-ish of my 360 downloads are backwards compat.

Plus both Pokemon games have mostly drained me this month. Besides, there's bound to be a Super Xmas Digital sale, plus my bday on the 30th combined with Xmas should hopefully mean there'll be something left after Smash.

Angelic_Lapras_King

BlueOcean

@PikPi Me too, I don't have a 360 console so Xbox One X is extremely good value for me if I consider backwards compatibility and free X enhancements. Also the new first-party studios look promising. I have my preferences but there are many to choose from. And Final Fantasy and the new Kingdom Hearts!

@NEStalgia But Wii U was not a Japan exclusive but I know what you mean, Nintendo is in their Japanese bubble after all. Do you speak Japanese? :S I would say Bomberman R has a Japanese motivation too as it doesn't seem to mean anything.

Xbox One S
Xbox One E
Xbox One X

I wasn't expecting that. The XS came from the rumour that said it would be a small Xbox One S and S already means small in the fashion slang while XS means extra small. You are still missing that particular model, as there will be a more basic Xbox One S and a disc-less Xbox One (S?) according to the rumours. Anyway, X is best.

This is my Brook accessory:
http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/03946072/
I don't understand that wireless thing you are talking about and that the battery life is shorter, what battery life? My adapter goes into the console USB port and I can use the controllers wirelessly or plug the accessories into it. It has zero added lag too.

I accept that the whole game is updated when it makes sense for optimisation reasons but it's obvious that both State of Decay 2 and Fallout 76 launched before they were finished so they knew they were replacing the whole code just to avoid side effects or waste time recycling. The problem is the reviews and angry customers. Better to delay the game.

If I complain about you using acronyms for everything is not because I am a grammar na*i but because I don't know what you are talking about. If you talk about Killer Instinct you can write the name and if you repeat the subject use KI and is fine, everybody already knows it means Killer Instinct but you use acronyms since the beginning and for everything and now adding nerd terms too UB! (=You bad!). Besides I don't spend the day on the internet so I don't get all these stupid slang terms. I like video games but I'm not a nerd. You are making @Yosheel write like that toi but his posts are two sentences each so they don't make sense at all.

Our chains are long and heavy already.

Get to the point then?

@DarthNocturnal If anybody around here thinks that Nintendo Life is a fanboy website they should check PushSquare, a cult with guru Sam. His articles are like war propaganda.

What is via SE?

I beat Wolfenstein The New Order (on Game Pass). It is not bad, it plays great on X and the first part was really promising, solid gameplay, humour, scares... but the game is quite unbalanced: difficulty (looks like a mouse-designed game), confusing level design, etc. Besides, this is totally personal but I am not a fan of "unjustified" violence and this game has a lot. The best part for me was the giant robot's talk outside London Nautica or when Max revenged his "Dad". Doom is on Game Pass too so I should play it and see if I like it.

BlueOcean

ReaderRagfish

Do you think PushSquare users make fun of us the same way we make fun of them?

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

BlueOcean

@ReaderRagfish They do. Once I made a mildly critical comment (which is typical of me, not about other people but about a game or company) and they told me, Go back to Nintendo Life, fanboy.

BlueOcean

Morpheel

My Viva Piñata disc from a decade ago still works perfectly <3 it downloaded relatively fast too.

Of course, considering it just needs to check it's indeed a disc of the game and doesn't actually read from it... Who knows if it actually works

Anyway, it won't be leaving the system any time soon.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Dezzy

Yosheel wrote:

Of course, considering it just needs to check it's indeed a disc of the game and doesn't actually read from it... Who knows if it actually works

That is a cool benefit of this system. I found an old game on ebay for a really cheap price because it had a heavily scratched disc. I'm like NO PROBLEM THANKS.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BlueOcean

@Yosheel Viva Piñata is really wonderful. It's a combination of the game flow, the music (best soundtrack made by Grant Kirkhope), the visual style, the small satisfactions it provides and the multitasking in the garden management.

I know that you have played it before, just sharing my thoughts. It's one of the few games that I got all the achievements and not as a chore, I kept playing after that and I want to do the same with Viva Piñata TIP (a semi-sequel) after the Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy marathon. So are you happy with your Xbox then? You are one of us now.

@DarthNocturnal Thanks. I think that @NEStalgia just made my brain stop.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

ReaderRagfish

@Dezzy Discounts for scratched discs are great, since I can take it to a place 20 minutes away and pay $3 for a resurfacing which usually works perfectly.

Morpheel

I'm certainly happy with it. It's gonna take a while to get used to the odd system UI and the weird reverse-nintendo button names in the control, but so far so good.

Once I get my Xbox prepaid cards later this week I'll also download A Kingdom for Keflings, another 360 favorite for me, and who knows what else.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

BlueOcean

I have to admit that I had issues pressing A and B on Xbox and now when I play on Wii U it's the same issue, I accept and cancel accidentally because A and B are exchanged. HOWEVER, this is a new Ninty thing, because on SNES the B button is to accept and it is in the same position as the A button on Xbox (and X on PlayStation). On GameCube and Wii the A button was bigger and centred and N64 has the A button at the bottom like Xbox will, so the big change was introduced on Nintendo DS that uses A on the right side to accept instead of B at the bottom like the SNES. It is The DS Incident or The A-B Double Shock Incident.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Morpheel

Well I did not grow up with the SNES, so for me the modern Nintendo is the the normal Nintendo.

Eh! My gameplay videos

BlueOcean

Yosheel wrote:

for me the modern Nintendo is the the normal Nintendo

That's quite sad.

BlueOcean

Morpheel

Don't be sad, I don't particularly care about NES or SNES games, besides a few favorites.

I grew up with the Gameboy and the N64.

If anything, the N64 changed it, since the A button became the universal Accept button, while the B button became the universal Back button.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic