Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,161 to 6,180 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX LOL, yeah....I mean if it's accurate and I'm top 1% of achievements, then achievements are really overblown to the point of being irrelevant and the "I hunt all the achievements/trophies" crowd is a tiny, tiny fraction of a percent crowd. Irrelevant to the point that they probably don't deserve discussion. I'm among the best of the best of the best and never actually sought an achievement, ever. And I didn't even have the console the full year! That's like getting inducted into the hall of fame because "well I swung a bat a couple times....and I even hit something once...."

@Delibheel Well you've had the machine a few weeks....not much to build stats on Yeah "RPG" seems to be "adventure" in this quiz.

NEStalgia

Cobalt

@NEStalgia @ThanosReXXX

A huge thank you to you dudes... ^^

Gosh, the weight of the beast o_O I mean for that size I'm impressed...
It's smaller than what I expected (ya kno' MS = BIG STUFF blablabla...^^) so now I'm gonna launch the thing because I suppose that 1 000 000 updates have to be DL and tomorrow I'll get Forza 7 and Horizon 4 and probably another title...

Again thanx guys for the great answers...
Owwww, another question the masterchief collection is digital only or there is a physical box too ?
I buy only physical, that's why...

Cobalt

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia @Delibheel @DarthNocturnal Well, I'm just going to ignore all of your non-correct results,
and bask in the completely correct and greater glory that was MY year in gaming...

@Cobalt Yup, you can also buy it boxed. There is some digital-only DLC, though. And you're welcome.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@Cobalt Haha, yeah it's a really dense box. The small size was one of the key features they showcased back at the announcement...it's a lot more powerful than the 1S, yet smaller, quieter, and runs cooler. It's pretty nicely designed! It's the inverse of the launch XBone in the "VCR" shell.

Yeah there should be a pretty big OS update in there on day 1. MS doesn't do updates as frequently as Sony, generally once a month, and not always all months, but they tend to be big and the machine doesn't always behave nicely without a reboot afterward (that's become better since Sept though.)

There's a physical boxed copy of MCC, but keep in mind, with or without a disc, it's really a digital game with a whopping 100GB download (I mean it's a collection of 5 games so it's really only 20GB per game) and they just redid the whole engine and everything in the Fall, so even digital buyers had to re-download the entire thing.

One nice thing with X1X though, is you can back up your downloads/installs/patches/DLCs to as many HDDs as you want, like with PC, so you're not really at risk of losing them as long as you have the disc for physical and a backup. Digital purchases & DLC obviously you need the license file, but I do believe on your primary you can back that up to any HDDs too with the "system" backup, so technically even digital might be futureproof for one machine (haven't tested that sort of thing, of course.)

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Cobalt Here you go:
https://www.amazon.fr/Microsoft-Halo-Master-Chief-Collection/...

P.S.

I also agree with @NEStalgia concerning Ryse: Son of Rome. It's a very entertaining 3D hack & slash with some adventure/puzzle elements. If you're interested, and if you can find it, go for the Legendary Edition, which has all the DLC included on the disc.

Another great game that comes to mind, although it's an Xbox 360 title, is Split Second, one of the greatest arcade racers ever made. It is a racing game partially inspired by the movie Death Race 2000,
and it has destructible environments, making almost each race different.

Oh, and if you like your classic first person shooters to be a little more arcade-like, then I simply have to mention original Xbox title Black, which by the way, is Xbox One X-enhanced. You could buy the disc version, but it's also available online, where it's currently only €10.

Just in case you're wondering why the hell you would choose digital over physical on Xbox One:
the major advantage of digital versions is that you don't have to keep using the disc as a verification key.
What I mean by that, is that if you've installed the game from a disc, then that disc MUST be in the drive when you want to play that game. With the digital versions, that annoyance is removed.

So prepare to do a lot of disc swapping, if you like to play a bunch of different games in one go...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Uh oh, you found a new victim...err...opportunity to recommend Black again...

Cobalt's new to X1 but is a PS4 regular so he's familiar with the digital/physical/install loop already That part's the same for both. (X1 has a huge edge with digital thanks to the ability to freely backup though!)

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, of course I could never have known, since I will never have any of Sony's infernal machines in my house...

And yeah, Black can't get enough marketing... erm, attention...

Cobalt

@NEStalgia @ThanosReXXX

Again, thanks a lot dudes !

Now, I'm trying to understand the dashboard because OH BOYYYYY, this is a mess LOL !
I even don't know where I have to go to just watch some videos of games, like Forza 7 in 4k etc...
I never liked Windows 10 so I'm happy as you can imagine (sarcastic cough ^^).

Cobalt

NEStalgia

@Cobalt haha, yeah, win10 its a mixed bag. My favorite part though is how at the top of the start menu, even in Enterprise editions In secure environments, the XBox app is at the top of the start menu

So the ui on x1 is actually really good one you get used to it. The key is, basically, never use the home screen. Unlike ps4 and Nintendo, nothing of value is there, it's just a screen to load when you booot. (You can make it useful, but...eh...). EVERYTHING you need is on the guide menu thatpops up when you hit the xbox button. And if you add your games to groups (folders) they are in a nice foldout menu and thumbnails..... Nicer than the spread out line on ps4. More important for digital users, but nice even to sort your disc library. Absolutely everything is in that popup guide, so you never need to leave games to get to anything. It's basically the "start menu"

The home screen is for wallpaper, some shortcuts, and yes if you scroll right on the home screen you get to mixer, the video app (if you want other video, you'll need to install the YouTube app etc). You can do that in the store icon in the guide.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Cobalt Yeah, what he said...
Alternatively, just use the bumper buttons L and R to navigate to either Mixer or the Marketplace, and you'll find tons of videos. And of course, you could also install the YouTube app, if it isn't already on there.

Cobalt

@NEStalgia @ThanosReXXX

Ok perfect ! I registered my Xbox Game pass coupon and I tried Forza Horizon 4...

So ok, it's beautiful but WHAT is the point of that game ? It's like you drive everywhere, out of the roads, in the forest, in fields etc...
Is there a way to set the game with "standard races" ? I mean, on the roads with competitors like a Sega Rally game or whatever other racing games ?

Cobalt

ThanosReXXX

@Cobalt Yep, it's exactly like @DarthNocturnal said. It's kind of configured in the game to give you more of what you frequently do. Also, when you leave the first festival, use the route planner: it will take you to the nearest stunt, race or barn find. Those barn finds are secret cars hidden all across the map, and if you find them, a new event unlocks.

Could be a race, or a stunt, but you'll either have to use the secret car, or compete against it, to win it.
Forza Horizon is not a pure race sim; it's more of an open world arcade racer. It invites you to explore the map, find events and collect cars. You'll also need various cars, because not every car is suitable for every event.

But take notice of other drivers on the road. Sometimes when you pass them, a button prompt, mostly X (blue), will pop up, and that will start a race or event against computer opponents or other gamers, if they happen to be online.

If you only want to do circuit races and so on, and compete in championships, you're better off trying out the main Forza Motorsport series, so Forza 7.

By the way: I'd advise you to browse the shop and search for either demo or free versions of games.
There's quite a lot to be found and that you can try out. Most demos are unlimited, so once downloaded, you can play them for as long as you like, even if you don't have GamePass or Xbox Live Gold.

EDIT:
And there's also free demos of most Forza and Forza Horizon games, so you can try them all out, to see which ones you like best.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ryu_Niiyama

ThanosReXXX wrote:

God, I'm good...
Gamer year snip
Be sure to make your own:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/year-in-review/home

I think mine is rigged...How in the heck am I in the Top 9% of achievement rank in community and the top 13% of hours played at 105 hours?! (all that is spent playing AC:Sparta the bad romance simulator by the way)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Haha, yours and @NEStalgia's, then. Or perhaps I should say yours and everybody else's.
I don't think my percentages are correct either, but my playtime is, as well as my most played games, so it's not all bad.

And hey, it IS kind of a nice overview of the gaming year. Slightly embellished to make you feel a bit better than you perhaps were, but maybe that's just Microsoft saying "Happy Holidays", or just customer retention...

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX I think I just find it hilarious. My PS4 is in a box suffering from abandonment issues (next year I promise!), I am only playing one game on the xbone, while my switch has to be taken off the internet so I don't break my purchasing embargo. Thank goodness this month has been a nightmare for me so I'm not gaming much at all.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Your Switch taken off the internet? Why? It's not like they're not legally available yet...

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama i think it just tells everyone AC is their most played game

@ThanosReXXX remember, she's CDO levels of OCD.... Turn the internet on and the bank account vanishes.

@cobalt yeah you have to use the map on "select" (its, what the "view" button? I just call it select ) (or the gps assistant on the d pad) to set a route to events. They only start you work two races. When you finish those they start opening more event types. The more you do, the more you open. Races you try to get first place. Speed traps you try to 3-star, same for jump ramps, etc. Smash billboards, too, to gain influence which advances what's available. There's tons of race and non race events/challenges all over but they open more the more of them you do.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal That's not what I said. I said he needed to use the route planner to either take him to the nearest race, stunt, or barn find. And then I said that finding the barn find will unlock a new event, NOT the other way around.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic