Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,081 to 6,100 of 11,914

BrainOfGrimlock

Forgot to add, extremely jealous of you Wave Racers; I wasn’t buying my own games in those days, I asked for Wave Race for xmas but my ‘rents got me the (quite terrible) N64 F1 game instead, knowing that i’m a fan.

As well as no jetski fun, I also had to deal with a smug **** of a brother who got the infinitely better F1 game for his playstation.

It’s the thought that counts though right?

BrainOfGrimlock

ThanosReXXX

@PikPi Glad you're entertained. That's what we're here for, after all...

@NEStalgia The person who'll be able to turn me into a pet or put me down isn't born yet, and seeing as I'm anything but a meek person, I'll probably drag them to hell with me...

So, we're now going from one trope to another. The Crysis meme has become an internet phenomenon all of its own, not even specifically related to computers or consoles anymore. Welcome to the absurdity of the internet...

And of course I was only semi-serious when I mentioned us agreeing. Probably forgot to put in a smiley somewhere. But the other points I made are dead serious.

I hate this era of people all taking themselves WAY too seriously, either labeling themselves as all-important individuals, or as the next best thing after sliced bread, while most of them are clueless, semi-sociopathic narcissists, with a weird, upside down tendency for political correctness and/or being a SJW, except predominantly towards their own good instead of actually towards other people.

And don't even get me started on the uber-sensitivity of everyone and their mother nowadays. Next thing you know, even looking at somebody the "wrong" way, according to the current social rules club, and it'll land you a ticket or in prison...

It's the age of individualism. Not me too, but me, me, me. It's sad, really, but I'll get through it, because I'm no follower or knee-bender, and you can't fool the one doing the fooling. Remember: sales & marketing...
I know all the tricks, and then some.

@rjejr Not to worry, my friend. We just dragged you in here to invite you to do some millennial bashing, other than that, you don't need to dive into any of our previous comments...

@Delibheel So, how's the Xbox One treating you and your brother? Enjoying it?

@ReaderRagfish You should try Black, no really: trust me.
Xbox One will probably go on sale again in a couple of days.
It's calling you, it is...
Just listen to it, gently whispering in your ear:

"Reader.... "
"Reader.... "

"Get your wallet out... "

"Come out and play..... "

@BrainOfGrimlock Never owned a Saturn, unfortunately. The only Sega console I own, is a Sega Dreamcast, and I'm a very happy and proud owner. The Saturn is still on the list, though, so I might have to look into that snowboard game you mentioned. Cool Boarders 2 wasn't all that great in my opinion.

I think they got a bit closer to 1080's feel with Cool Boarders 2001, the last entry in the series on the original PlayStation, but they were still a ways off. By the way: if you still have a Wii or a Wii U lying around, you don't need to feel jealous of us "Wave Racers" anymore, since you'll either be able to play that game natively on the Wii, or if you're Wii isn't GameCube compatible, you'd be able to softmod it and play it in that way, and the same goes for the Wii U.

@DarthNocturnal You think, or you know? We'd need proof before we'd believe you, obviously...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Ah... you know what? I'm in a good mood, so I'll take your word for it.

@Delibheel Sounds like you are, then.
Then again: could also just be the game itself, seeing as it's also available on PS4 and PC...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

Mass Effect 1 really looks great on 1X. I forgot how good that first game was compared to....whatever...that series became in 2. Shooting punctuated RPG play rather than just being a corridor shooter. Who knew?

@BrainOfGrimlock Never had a Saturn. I had a 32X! For like a week. Then decided it was worthless and thought Sega CD was the next console...and then the Saturn came out and I just kind of looked sideways and wondered what Sega is the real Sega and never bought another. Just like everybody else.

@ThanosReXXX " turn me into a pet or put me down isn't born yet,"
I dunno....I for one do not trust those avacado toast free range tofu sandwiches with lactose free pumpkin spice lattes. They may be poison. Or made of people. #MeatAndGreet

" tendency for political correctness and/or being a SJW, except predominantly towards their own good instead of actually towards other people."
Is there any other kind?

The part that everybody is like you describe isn't even the part that bother's me. It's the fact that those end up being the people that see the most success that makes me want to launch every nuclear missile ever made at myself.

@rjejr Even you can't be too lazy (or drunk) to participate in millennial bashing!

@ReaderRagfish That's not the XBox whispering to you. That's absurd. An XBox you haven't bought yet can't whisper to you..... It's just Cortana. Helping you with your holiday shopping. If you don't buy the XBox within 24 hours, Cortana will assist you in completing your holiday shopping by automatically ordering one for you from the Microsoft Store. It's ok. She has your credit card info on file. Don't worry about cancelling. Windows 10 will "need to install critical updates. This may take a while while your computer reboots" at that time to be sure your package is shipped without interference.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

It feels great when you invite somebody who publicly complains about not being able to find players for playing Sea of Thieves and they don't even respond. LOL

@ReaderRagfish Thanks! Great videos. You ALL should watch this, at least the first minute.

@ReaderRagfish @BrainofGrimlock Saturn games will find their place on the ultimate console, the Xbox. I play Wave Race Blue Storm (the first time I got Wave Race 64 was on Wii U) since launch, my favourite character is Ryota, just because it takes a long time to adjust to controlling each character. He's kind of a Mario-balanced pilot and his "announcer", not really an announcer but a coach, is nice. I also completed this game but it's so demanding, the controls are realistic but La Razza Canal is a nightmare, one little mistake or being pushed by someone and you are scre*ed. To be a launch title allowed me to focus on this game though.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yeah, I hear ya. It's always the wrong people getting the short end of the stick. Not even talking about myself: I'll be fine eventually, because I've got a broad back, and I don't break easily, but there's a lot of people all around the world that are smarter and more deserving than all of these idiots combined together.

Oh, well. I guess most good endings are only reserved for books and movies...

Whaaattt??? You never owned a Dreamcast? Infidel...

And no, it IS the precious whispering to ReaderRagfish, trust me, I know these things...
That Cortana story is potentially even creepier, though...

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean If you remove everything before "youtube" and everything after "O6kN73PuygI",
then people will actually be able to see that video, my dear fellow Xbox fan...

EDIT:
Ah, you already beat me to it. Good on you.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean

P.S.

You're actually allowed to say screwed on here, so no need to censor that.
As long as you don't drop any F bombs or C nukes, you'll be just fine...

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Aha, well, in some ways you're then already a member of the Xbox club, seeing as the Xbox was in large part inspired by Microsoft having worked together with Sega to make the Dreamcast (Microsoft made the Operating System, which runs on Windows CE, which is a special, embedded version of Windows), and when Sega dropped the ball for the last time, Microsoft picked it up and decided to create their own console.

Hence also the reason for so many Dreamcast exclusives appearing on the original Xbox. But part of me kinda suspects you already knew that (and if not, then you've learned something new). Anyway, the step from a Dreamcast to an actual Xbox isn't really that great.

Did you know that Black was an original Xbox game? @NEStalgia certainly did...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I know, I never had a DC. I was fully PC Master Race during that time. Though I had a few DC "console exclusive" games on PC. Plus it was on sale, for, what, a year?

Cortana may indeed be creepier than a talking XBox, but, unfortunately, Cortana is real and the talking XBox is not. Well...the XBox also has Cortana on it....so in that sense it is a talking XBox....but it's still Cortana. She's everywhere. At once. She knows what you're doing right this minute. She watches you play DoA. She is not amused.

@ReaderRagfish Heck the sequel to Jet Set Radio, the greatest game Sega ever made, is an XBox exclusive! (And the original runs enhanced on X1.)

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX "millennial bashing"

Well why didn't you just say so, sign me up.

Been crazier this holiday than normal. My son's robotic's team is hosting a SSB4U tournament tonight, I'm supplying chips to sell and my Wii U. Which would actually make me almost on topic if only this weren't an Xbox thread. My sister keeps trying to talk me into Zoloft. It might come to that but I dodn't have the time to get any. I'm just holding out for NY to legalize recreational mj then I'm good to go.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Dezzy

I'm enjoying FF13-2 immensely.
I don't understand why this game didn't get a better reception. The gameplay is excellent. The story so far is intruiging. The environments are cool and interesting.
My only real criticism is the time travelling level structure makes it feel a bit disconnected.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Haha, yeah, I'd say that working together to actually create a console definitely means they were on pretty good terms.
So, just out of curiosity: which games do you have or do you play on it?

P.S.

It also pays off to find out if you've got a first gen Dreamcast or not: if so, you can play burnt discs, meaning you've got access to the entire, region free catalog of the Dreamcast, and besides that, there's also around 10 titles that were never published/released, due to various reasons, but these can now be found online, since the publishers have released them to the public domain. Propeller Arena being one of those games. Give that a watch on YouTube, it's a really entertaining game.

NEStalgia wrote:

She watches you play DoA. She is not amused.

@NEStalgia Well, in that case, she's blind as a bat, because I've only been playing Mario Kart 8 and Pro Evo Soccer 2012 today. DOA must have been ages ago, and mostly on the Dreamcast...

As for an Xbox One whispering to people, enticing them to buy it, that is of course just the voice in your head, aka your other you, aka the devil on your shoulder, or whatever you want to call it. Some people even seem to hear deities and so on...

@BlueOcean @NEStalgia Jet Set Radio isn't specifically Xbox One X enhanced, but it IS Xbox One enhanced, which can be read in the description:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/jet-set-radio/bvql7v5txbhb?...

The download size is also slightly bigger than the Xbox 360 version, so they must have added something to it. Either that, or Xbox One file sizes are just more bloated by nature...

It is still a good game too, so well worth the asking price, in my opinion.

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Well, if you need any recommendations in whatever type of game you like: I've practically played them all. And do look into those unreleased titles: might just be something amongst those for you as well.

Oh, and if you like crazy weird stuff, look for a game called Illbleed. There's truly nothing like it on any console.
(EDIT: just in case, that's ILLbleed, not three i's.... )

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Banjo-

@ThanosReXXX Jet Set Radio was already a port with enhancements on Xbox 360. The Xbox One description (the one you linked) has no Buy button and says

Tag, grind, and trick to the beat in SEGA’s hit game Jet Set Radio!Fight for control of Tokyo-to, mark your turf with graffiti, tag walls, billboards, and even rival gang members! Perform tricks and flips on magnetically driven in-line skates, but watch out for the local police force!Now on Xbox Live Arcade, Jet Set Radio is part of Sega’s Heritage Collection series and now features lush HD visuals, developer interviews, and amazing fan-created graffiti.

They don't specify that it's enhanced on Xbox One. There are two listings with two different sizes but I suspect that the smaller file is for playing on Xbox 360 (the native platform) and the bigger file is for playing on Xbox One (including the 360 "emulator"/interface).

I have said this before, the Xbox store has improved but it's still confusing with Windows, 360 and backwards compatible download pages. Some pages even say "You can’t buy this on Xbox One" (but you can), others have the "Buy game" button and others don't for the same game and so on. Microsoft should make just one website and one database with all the titles. They are doing this apparently but haven't erased the old database so it all gets mixed through the links. I haven't played Jet Set Radio properly but it's definitely on my radar. I played once the Dreamcast version and it was fun. I tried Nights on X, is it me or the game has aged poorly? Or it's just that I haven't played enough so I am not used to the controls yet? Funny that reviewers said that he would replace Sonic eventually.

Let's go back to a brighter example. Final Fantasy XIII is not only X-enhanced but S-enhanced, a new term I just made up for the sake of clarity. I can't think of more examples at the moment.

Banjo-

Eel

Now that I think about it, we could share our Xbox tags and add each other as friends or something.

If anyone wants mine, it's "abgarok".

If any of you has Minecraft, I could also add you to my online realm.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Dezzy ffxiii2 got a bad reception because it was ffxiii2. Similarly if fallout 81 is great, it will still be given a wide berth because it follows 76. Xiii was the best selling ff ever at the time because the series had such a good reputation. But after everyone got it and discovered it was barely recognizable as ff gameplay, people steered wide of it cautiously (and not wanting to revisit xiiis world). And once you expose the infallable at highly fallable, critically it will be scrutinized where previously it would have received a cursory exam. A bad game (or unwanted departure) doesn't fail. It's successor fails because of it.

Ffxv was supposed to be part of xiiis world as well, but they changed it into what it is due to avoiding association with the poor mindset around xiii. One falcie too many....

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

rjejr

@NEStalgia millennial bashing > stop to smell the roses

Always time and energy for the simpler things in life.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic