Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 5,881 to 5,900 of 11,903

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Sure, but you have to buy the proprietary memory cards to put your hacked ROMs on for 4x the going cost of flash RAM......

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia You don't have to worry about me, like Banjo I have a good heart.

Yeah and some of them have interesting names, SwitchForce? I don't even know what to reply because I don't know if they are for real. It's obvious that some of them have never played an Xbox or PS game. And the haters, well, some surreal comments to be read too. I should have a look.

Don't you think that PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro also have that cheap-looking plastic? I think that the launch model looks best.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean It's like losing an ugly contest....."The Eraser" isn't terribly pretty, but the gloss & matte does look a little better than the others. PS2, PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim, PS4 launch to a lesser degree, PS4 Slim, and PS4 Pro all have that horrible horrible plastic. It actually doesn't look as bad as when you touch it and feel just how bad it is. Somehow on PS sites that plastic gets praised somehow for not showing fingerprints. Well, of course it doesn't, it looks like ABS scraps that were rough sanded and unfinished.

It's a shame, the Pro actually looks pretty from a distance with the silver logo on the side. I have it and the X standing vertically side by side, and across the room the Pro looks decent, and the light bar looks kind of cool, but busy with the 3 layer design. But up close the inconsistent color and rough finish of the plastic really do make it comparatively cheap.

The winner of the ugly contest definitely goes to the PS3 ultra slim or whatever they called it. That thing is the worst designed console that screams "We don't want you buying PS3s anymore. Please, just don't."

I'm hoping with the X1 XS or whatever that's going for absolute cost reduction it doesn't stoop anywhere near that low

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Ha! That would be SO like them...
Luckily, any softmod won't be officially supported, so no proprietary first party add-ons needed...

I do wonder what amount of memory is in there. There's currently 20 games on there, but much like with the NES and SNES Classic, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of it's storage space is used, so would potentially be interesting to see what hackers could accomplish with that.

Then again; it's not just the so-so titles they put on there that ruin the device. Many also comment on the sub-par emulation and lack of screen filters, so it's pretty bare threads, compared to Nintendo's efforts so far. But perhaps that can all be remedied by hopefully being able to install a better emulator or core, such as the RetroArch core on the Nintendo Minis.

@BlueOcean Ah... that guy. Yeah, he has a rather outspoken view, and his belief in his own opinion as the right one might also stem from him having a YouTube channel and his very own audience already.

Actually, come to think of it, several of these loudmouths do, so I might be on to something there...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal That's the thing, MHW is set up, not for co-op, but for solo play with assists from internet randoms. I don't think of temporary matchmaking with randoms as co-op, that's like MMO group quests. Co-op is play with friends, and MHW almost prevents you from doing it, and where it lets you do it, you have to do it solo...or with internet randoms before you can do it. It's just so bizarre that a game famed for being on handhelds and locally played with friends in person in Japan was modified to be all about internet randoms in a solo experience.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX YouTube self described "personality" has overinflated opinion of self. Film at 11.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yeah... I think I'll pass...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal They behave like shareholders indeed except for the fact that shareholders don't really care about games and fanboys don't get any money from sales. Switch's success is overblown, it still hasn't surpassed GameCube in US (where is more popular than in Europe). More important to me are software sales. Some games have sold more on Xbox One than on PS4 (AC Origins in UK at least) and the only big third-party exclusive hit on Switch this far is Mario+Rabbids featuring Mario.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/11/putting-nintendo-switc...

Some of my favourite fanboy arguments:

PS3: Backwards compatibility. BluRay. Media features.
PS4: Nobody likes backwards compatibility (PushSquare's mantra). PS4 is more powerful and that is what matters. We don't have games but they will come.
PS4 Pro: Xbox has no games and Sony has the best library anyway because Uncharted and The Last of Us are objectively better than Halo, Forza and Gears. This is why PS4 Pro is better and graphics and performance is not important. 4K BluRay? Who cares. Why would anybody watch a film on their TV?

Wii U (2012): Awesome.
Wii U (2017): Rubbish, RIP. Full-priced Wii U ports are awesome and that's all I need 'cause I only play on the bus.

I'm not really bothered but I find it hilarious.

@PikPi PureXbox was chill too. Does any Xbox fansite (that is not a cheap blog) exist?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@NEStalgia PS4 looks like a modern building from a distance (if you place it vertically) but when you get near the rough plastic looks cheap. PS4 Slim is rounded rough plastic and PS4 Pro the same but with a hamburger pattern. They have that annoying BEEP when you turn them on like a PC from the 90s and a not ergonomic controller, not to mention my launch PS4 sounds like a hairdryer in level 3. My ranting is over.

The problem with the PS Classic is that the emulation is bad, the games selection is bad, the 3D games have aged badly and it doesn't include the revised controller. Funny that you mention Crash Bandicoot because the first game has better controls in the original game so it would have been an interesting addition.

Physical memory cards for the PS Classic? What do you mean?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean He was kidding. Remember: watch the smiley usage...

Banjo-

@ThanosReXXX For a moment I thought that PS Classic is like Vita and uses proprietary memory cards. It wouldn't surprise me.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

@subpopz In other photos it looks absolutely huge. Sony copies Nintendo (PS Move, PS Classic) and Boston (PS4) for their hardware. I mean, PS "Classic" is too obvious.

Well, after all these PS jokes I'm going to play Wipeout Omega Collection a bit.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean The Game Awards are on Thursday, there'll likely be the usual setup on this site where you can watch and chat.

Interesting that there's a MixPot for the aftershow, there must be Xbox stuff happening then. Fortune Island is probably a given and the teaser for the main event had Gears 5 so maybe that too.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

BlueOcean wrote:

For a moment I thought that PS Classic is like Vita and uses proprietary memory cards. It wouldn't surprise me.

@BlueOcean True, which is also why I said to @NEStalgia that it would be SO them to do such a thing,
well at least if they thought they were able to get away with it...

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal Forbes:

Not so much however if you spent $200 on the game’s Power Armor Edition, thought you’d get a nice canvas bag, and were sent a cheap nylon bag instead. This on top of the game being a pile of steaming garbage, riddled with performance issues, bland combat and recycled assets.

Bethesda’s customer support, when contacted about the low quality of the bags and their disparity to the (very false) advertising, responded with, among other things, this:

“We are sorry that you aren’t happy with the bag. The bag shown in the media was a prototype and was too expensive to make.”

“We aren’t planning on doing anything about it.”

To make matters worse the publisher gave popular YouTubers and streamers a high quality Fallout 76 canvas bag earlier this year at an event prior to the game’s launch. We know this because many of these “influencers” (ye gods I hate that term—it makes me physically ill) posted pictures of their loot on social media.

So now we have Bethesda handing out free bags to “influencers” in order to get some favorable videos of the game made, while screwing over their most loyal fans.

My pre-ordered $430 Banjo-Kazooie statue seems a bargain now.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic