Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 5,821 to 5,840 of 11,903

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Amen to that...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

GeoChrome

@ThanosReXXX Don’t get me wrong, the first time I visited the east coast, I had a great time. Even going to NC was a bunch of fun. I just don’t think many of the states are that great themselves if you are only willing to stay in one city.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

ThanosReXXX

@PolarExperience If you scroll back a couple of comments, you'll see I actually agree with you for the most part. Can't comment on many of the states, though, seeing as I've never been there. Moved from Cali when I was 9, and haven't been back since.

But I guess we've all done enough derailing for now, let's talk Xbox. I saw you're relatively new here, so why don't you share a bit of info with us, like: what's your poison? Xbox One S or X? Early adopter or late? (or did you already have an Xbox in any of the previous generations?)
And what type of games are you into? Or perhaps you don't even own any Xbox yet?

There will probably be more to discuss, since we're obviously not the only ones here, but I hope you'd like to share with us, so we can get the old Xbox Express back on track again...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Yosheel

P.S.

That thread you locked over here isn't spam at all. He's a long-time member, and although it's true that his texts can sometimes be a bit weird/rambly, it's all harmless, basically. For lack of a better word, let's just say that he's really.... passionate about the stuff he talks about...

I was about to respond to him, but then I got slapped with the error page...

redd214

^^^says it's time to get thread back on track.... Immediately derails it again lol.

Just a heads up for US peeps, not sure if it's a glitch or if Amazon is just being very generous for the holidays but there are a bunch of game pre-orders that have some sharp discounts. Rage 2 for ~$45, NSMBUDX ~$47, seen some other games marked down to $35 from full retail. All 3 systems. Amazon will honor what ever the lowest price is before release so lock them in while you can.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Post Scriptums don't derail anything...
And how else would I be able to send a comment to Yosheel, concerning a thread he unnecessarily locked?

Eel

The thread had links to like 20 videos and sites.

I don't really care about the context.

However, if the demand to discuss that particular topic is high, I could consider opening it.

I won't reinstate the links though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarkRula

If anyone's been playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 [or lapsed from playing but still own it], Geonosis is worth going back to it. If all the maps were designed like Geonosis from the start [as in, more open] it would probably have been a better game for it. All that's left is for the conquest-like mode in February to not be bad, and I think it will probably be worthy of the Battlefront name.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

@Yosheel Don't care much about the links, but the topic itself does have some valid points, both for modders and retro console owners/lovers. Perhaps you could enlighten him on how not to spam a comment with truckloads of links...

redd214

redd214 wrote:

^^^says it's time to get thread back on track.... Immediately derails it again lol.

Just a heads up for US peeps, not sure if it's a glitch or if Amazon is just being very generous for the holidays but there are a bunch of game pre-orders that have some sharp discounts. Rage 2 for ~$45, NSMBUDX ~$47, seen some other games marked down to $35 from full retail. All 3 systems. Amazon will honor what ever the lowest price is before release so lock them in while you can.

Walmart is also price matching a lot of them. Good money to be saved.

redd214

GeoChrome

@ThanosReXXX I don’t own an Xbox, mostly because I don’t really play/ have much interest in M rated games, and lots of games on PS4 & Xbox are high T to M rated (granted, I’m not even old enough to play M games based on the age recommendation, but I don’t think a game is bad just because it’s rated M). Afaik, the exclusives aren’t great either. Live Arcade and GWG are pretty cool, though. Other than Nintendo systems, I’ve only ever used a PSP, which did have some interesting games.

redd214

@PolarExperience there's plenty of E rated games on both platforms, in fact just checking the psn store there are more E rated games than T and M combined. That doesn't seem like a really valid reason imo, there is plenty to play for everyone.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@PolarExperience Ah, I see. Well, then the obvious observation here is that it might be safe to assume that you ARE somehow interested in looking into getting an Xbox or wanting to know more about it? Otherwise, no offense, but why would you be in this Xbox-specific thread? And I completely agree with @redd214 that there's more than enough suitable games to be found, on both the Xbox One and PS4. It's not all shooters and slashers, you know...

GeoChrome

@redd214 I was referring to the more notable games on other platforms usually having ratings ranging from high T (sexual themes) to M, but there are definitely outliers. To be clear, I have not done any research myself on the pros and cons of these consoles, but I do have friends that own XOnes. It’s not the best resource of information, really just judging from their libraries. That being said, everyone is different and there are still many more things about this system I do not know about.

Edited on by GeoChrome

redd214

PolarExperience wrote:

@redd214 To be clear, I have not done any research on the pros and cons of these consoles. This is purely my opinion.

You formulated an opinion without doing any research.... That seems a bit, I dunno backwards

redd214

Eel

There's several kid friendly games.

It just doesn't have the sheer amount of quality family friendly games Nintendo produces.

But with one Xbox and a game pass sub you already have quite the selection... Banjo, Viva Piñata, Keflings, Super Lucky's Tale, Zoo Tycoon, Shantae, Disneyland Adventures... Etc... You get the idea.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GeoChrome

@ThanosReXXX I browse the forums way too much and sometimes end up in topics that don’t really relate to my opinions. This was one of those cases. As I said in my reply to redd, I do understand that not all Xbox stuff is gore, guns, and girls, but I have seen very few games that have been advertised heavily on the system without at least one of those features.

Edited on by GeoChrome

ThanosReXXX

@PolarExperience Well, here you go:
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-one?cat=all

More than 300 Xbox games that are rated E...
And you could also change the filter to display games rated T, making that total number of games that are okay for you to play even greater.

I don't mean to offend or bash you, but when you're trying to form an opinion, at least have some actual information to base it upon, otherwise it's just grabbed out of thin air, solely based upon what little you've been exposed to by external parties, such as ads and commercials, which is only a very minor part of the entire story.

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal I second you on all these games. Throw in Aragorn's Quest as well, and we'd have a nice bundle of LotR games...

Banjo-

@PolarExperience

THREE of the big Xbox exclusives of this year are Super Lucky's Tale, Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of Thieves, all appropriate for any age. Sea of Thieves has optional grog drinking but it's used in an innocent way kind of Yoshi bumping into hallucinogen plants in Yoshi's Island. Forza Horizon 4 is more inoffensive than a Mario game. Super Lucky's Tale is Pixar meets Mario. Even Halo (no new game this year) for being a shooter franchise is quite soft (one of the reasons why I prefer it to other nasty shooters). State of Decay 2 yes, is obviously "mature". On top of that you have charming and top-quality Rare games like Banjo-Kazooie, Viva Piñata, etc.

This is something we have discussed earlier this week, from the outside it looks like Xbox has just a few games and that they are recommended for adults but in reality Xbox is a universe full of options and much friendlier than you can imagine. On the other hand, Sony's exclusives tend to be more "adult" lately.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic