Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 581 to 600 of 1,817

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

581. Posted:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Business is a dirty game, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did the same thing.

if 3rd party developers actually obey MS & not reveal their PS4 games than i could see that happening, but hopefully they wont listen to MS. MS needs to kick it into overdrive this year at E3. they know they do. All Sony really needs to do is not have DRM and have one or two good exclusives and it'll be a successful launch. Nintendo just needs to be Nintendo. they're practically poised to win this year.

why wouldn;t they agree with microsoft. I mean this is pretty the same as when Microsoft was making money hand over first through gold fees while Sony was/is on the verge on death. Getting a cut of every used game is huge from a businesses standpoint.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

582. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

RR529 wrote:

@DGGames, first let me say that I don't have any strong feelings about the Xbox One either way. With that out of the way, let me ask a few questions:

1. As for the whole connecting to the internet once a day, while it won't affect you, me, or any of the online whiners, there are consumers out there who don't have a stable (or any) internet connection at all. Are you willing to admit that by locking out those consumers, the XO has a lower potential consumer base than it would have otherwise?

2. As for the DRM practices, will you admit that they might make the console look less appealing to the average family on a budget? (While it probably won't affect early sales, which will be by people who have the money to throw around, it might effect the console later on)

3. So what if Sony does some (or all) of the same things with PS4? (Just because one company does something, doesn't mean the other shouldn't be criticised for doing it as well. They should both be criticised)

4. As for your comments regarding the forced internet connection opening up more creative doors for devs, while that may be true, why is that more important (and better) than making a system that's appealing to as many consumers as possible? (it could be the most developer friendly console in history, but that kinda amounts to jack squat if the system doesn't sell, right...)

1. It will not affect a single one of the idiots that are complaining about it. It won't affect a single person that has been complaining about it. More importantly, if we go off the numbers Microsoft and even Nintendo have been reporting, it won't matter in the slightest. Over 75% of Xbox 360 consoles were constantly online, and that's counting as offline all of the thieves who had modded consoles and pirated games and therefore never went online at all. So if even with those thrown in they still had 75% connection rate the chances of somebody getting an XBOX ONE without having some sort of internet connection are very, very low. Besides if it doesn't negatively affect you or anyone you know at all, why are you so butthurt about it?

2. No .The average family doesn't even know what DRM means and won't care either. Besides, a "family on a budget" won't be buying a $400 console at launch. I even doubt a "family on a budget" would be buying anything past the Wii U Basic and even that is a stretch at $300 for just the console.

3. Exactly, if people hate Microsoft after yesterday's new info, they should be just as pissed at sony since it is the same thing. They are both letting publishers decide (and we all know EA. They are going to do it)

4. Because more creative freedom = more games. Also, as every Nintendo fan knows, new and unique features that empower developers is always a good thing. It opens up new opportunities for cooler, better games.

"over 75%" do you have any idea much 20% is here. That's a huge hit it to sales the console. If Xbox One would have sold 50 million without the online requirement, the according to the number you pulled with the requirement it would lose 10 million sales. That's a gigantic hit to sales. Over 75% is not as big of a number as you think it is here.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros: Wii U and Mount & Blade: Warband: Viking Conquest.

AuthorMessage

DGGames

583. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

DGGames wrote:

RR529 wrote:

@DGGames, first let me say that I don't have any strong feelings about the Xbox One either way. With that out of the way, let me ask a few questions:

1. As for the whole connecting to the internet once a day, while it won't affect you, me, or any of the online whiners, there are consumers out there who don't have a stable (or any) internet connection at all. Are you willing to admit that by locking out those consumers, the XO has a lower potential consumer base than it would have otherwise?

2. As for the DRM practices, will you admit that they might make the console look less appealing to the average family on a budget? (While it probably won't affect early sales, which will be by people who have the money to throw around, it might effect the console later on)

3. So what if Sony does some (or all) of the same things with PS4? (Just because one company does something, doesn't mean the other shouldn't be criticised for doing it as well. They should both be criticised)

4. As for your comments regarding the forced internet connection opening up more creative doors for devs, while that may be true, why is that more important (and better) than making a system that's appealing to as many consumers as possible? (it could be the most developer friendly console in history, but that kinda amounts to jack squat if the system doesn't sell, right...)

1. It will not affect a single one of the idiots that are complaining about it. It won't affect a single person that has been complaining about it. More importantly, if we go off the numbers Microsoft and even Nintendo have been reporting, it won't matter in the slightest. Over 75% of Xbox 360 consoles were constantly online, and that's counting as offline all of the thieves who had modded consoles and pirated games and therefore never went online at all. So if even with those thrown in they still had 75% connection rate the chances of somebody getting an XBOX ONE without having some sort of internet connection are very, very low. Besides if it doesn't negatively affect you or anyone you know at all, why are you so butthurt about it?

2. No .The average family doesn't even know what DRM means and won't care either. Besides, a "family on a budget" won't be buying a $400 console at launch. I even doubt a "family on a budget" would be buying anything past the Wii U Basic and even that is a stretch at $300 for just the console.

3. Exactly, if people hate Microsoft after yesterday's new info, they should be just as pissed at sony since it is the same thing. They are both letting publishers decide (and we all know EA. They are going to do it)

4. Because more creative freedom = more games. Also, as every Nintendo fan knows, new and unique features that empower developers is always a good thing. It opens up new opportunities for cooler, better games.

"over 75%" do you have any idea much 20% is here. That's a huge hit it to sales the console. If Xbox One would have sold 50 million without the online requirement, the according to the number you pulled with the requirement it would lose 10 million sales. That's a gigantic hit to sales. Over 75% is not as big of a number as you think it is here.

Except the 75% figure are the ones with a CONSTANT internet connection. That is, 75% of Xbox 360 owners regularly get online to download stuff, use social features, etc. If you add in the people that use online features only occasionally (mostly, people that had internet service but for one reason or another decided to use local accounts for the longest time), you have a pretty high number.

The number of people that both can afford a next-gen system and games AND don't have an internet connection is extremely small. And since Sony will most likely end up doing what they do best: copy others, Nintendo being the only one getting that tiny fraction of the market (on top of the one they are already getting of course) doesn't bother me. The Wii U could use some extra sales, and being the only one that doesn't block used games at all and doesn't require an internet connection would help it even if it is only a little bit.

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage

KAHN

584. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Business is a dirty game, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did the same thing.

if 3rd party developers actually obey MS & not reveal their PS4 games than i could see that happening, but hopefully they wont listen to MS. MS needs to kick it into overdrive this year at E3. they know they do. All Sony really needs to do is not have DRM and have one or two good exclusives and it'll be a successful launch. Nintendo just needs to be Nintendo. they're practically poised to win this year.

why wouldn;t they agree with microsoft. I mean this is pretty the same as when Microsoft was making money hand over first through gold fees while Sony was/is on the verge on death. Getting a cut of every used game is huge from a businesses standpoint.

i don't know, something in the back of my mind says that 3rd party devs want their games shown at E3, especially if it's for a better system. if this actually does happen, i can see Sony doing thee same thing, fighting fire with fire. MS NEEDS a good conference, so i can see Sony doing a little sabotage, keep devs from showing at the XboxOne Conference. really pissed at MS right now i guess, so i would call it justification :P

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

585. Posted:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

i don't know, something in the back of my mind says that 3rd party devs want their games shown at E3, especially if it's for a better system. if this actually does happen, i can see Sony doing thee same thing, fighting fire with fire. MS NEEDS a good conference, so i can see Sony doing a little sabotage, keep devs from showing at the XboxOne Conference. really pissed at MS right now i guess, so i would call it justification :P

lol nintendo isn't poised to win this year at all. They take all of their launch window software and go take a hike at the kiddie table.

As far as third parties go If I were a third party I would side with microsoft the guys who just opened a whole new reveue stream for my company utalizing something third parties complained about.

Also how do you propose that Sony gets games away from the Microsoft conference? That and takes money and Sony in its current state can't outbid Microsoft for anything.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

DGGames

586. Posted:

Gotta love the "Microsoft is evil but if sony does the same they are genius!" vibe going on here. I wonder if such level of stupidity is contagious or is just an isolated case of sony fanboy-ism in here?

Third parties will want their games shown for all consoles they are available for and / or the one that will make them the most money. Last year in the show floor, third parties had their games in multiple places, not just their own booth, to show the multiplats on all systems whenever they could.

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

587. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

Gotta love the "Microsoft is evil but if sony does the same they are genius!" vibe going on here. I wonder if such level of stupidity is contagious or is just an isolated case of sony fanboy-ism in here?

Third parties will want their games shown for all consoles they are available for and / or the one that will make them the most money. Last year in the show floor, third parties had their games in multiple places, not just their own booth, to show the multiplats on all systems whenever they could.

Like with what? I'm holding Sony accountable too and it seems most people here are too. You just hate Sony for some unexplainable reason. You've shown clear hate for Sony and have called quite a few people fanboys because they enjoy Playstation, espcially the Vita.

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros: Wii U and Mount & Blade: Warband: Viking Conquest.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

588. Posted:

if we want delusional Sony hating from nobodies, we have SCAR thank you very much. YOU ARE REDUNDANT SIR!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

MAB

589. Posted:

I like how everyone else is a fanboy but if you're part of the Microsoft defence force that means you're automatically excluded from being one... No large amounts of text walls will help Xboners hate case ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

590. Posted:

Seriously, who wants to support this? -_-

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Spoony-Bard

591. Posted:

Is there going to be a fee for online? That's the decider for me

Spoony-Bard

AuthorMessage

Stryker89

592. Posted:

I'm not supporting any of the policies Microsoft are planning for the Xbox One, and if Sony do the same then I won't support them either. I love games, I don't swear loyalty to one brand or another. If the PS4 deviates from these policies, then great, I'll get a PS4. If it doesn't, then I'll get a Wii U. I've never been into PC gaming.

Current games: Super Smash Bros Wii U, Fantasy Life
Upcoming games: Xenoblade Chronicles X, LoZ: Majora's Mask 3D

AuthorMessage

banacheck

593. Posted:

Spoony-Bard wrote:

Yes there is a fee to play online, just like the 360.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

Varia01

594. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Spoony-Bard wrote:

Yes there is a fee to play online, just like the 360.

Darn it all. I really hate the paid subscription....

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

595. Posted:

They've been touting that the same Live sub you have for 360 transfers over to the one.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

KAHN

596. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

lol nintendo isn't poised to win this year at all. They take all of their launch window software and go take a hike at the kiddie table.

well, way i see it, WiiU is already on the market, PS4 and XboxOne aren't. people say WiiU has no games, but that's what E3 is for (we already know some of the games they're showing (Bayonetta 2, SuperSmashBros, Zelda, Mario, Pikmin3, etc.)). Nintendo really just needs to pump some money into the WiiU like they did with the 3DS. not to mention Sega, Capcom, and Disney will be dropping their support. not to mention all the WiiUs at BestBuys where customers can try demos of all the games announced. Then there's the 3DS, which will also probably be shown with Zelda LttP2 and maybe Pokemon X and Y.

Sony_70 wrote:

As far as third parties go If I were a third party I would side with microsoft the guys who just opened a whole new reveue stream for my company utalizing something third parties complained about.

this is a fair point. all i can do is hope for the best, but i doubt that 3rd parties won't side with microsoft.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

597. Posted:

http://www.destructoid.com/-dew-and-doritos-teaming-up-with-x...

and on that day, irony died

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

598. Posted:

Huh. This sin't the first time the xbox brand has teamed up with either of those brands. Still funny considering Doritos pope.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Knux

599. Posted:

Now that's a match made in hell. ;)

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

600. Posted:

Guess I should update the thread.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom pain for xbox one. (with smartglass)
Redesigned xbox 360
PS+ style free games for Gold members (starting next month with AC2 and Halo 3)
world of tanks for xbox 360. (free with Gold)

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!