Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 5,701 to 5,720 of 11,914

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Yeah the Wireless Speed Wheel replaced the real 360 wheel (granted, the real 360 wheel was recalled due to...possibly....smoking...maybe (it's like buying a real Ford! ) ; Not sure if my SKU was affected. That Speed Wheel thing was weird (and looks like an MS Flight Simulator accessory....) The real wheel was actually really nice....just a hassle to deal with. And potentially a fire hazard. I still have it though if I ever feel like desk clamps and smoking jackets...

Edit: Force feedback and everything. It was really a nice piece.

Untitled

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Ah, yes, that one. I remember also checking that one out and deciding that although really nice,
it was also too rich for my blood...

What's that small compartment on the right of the steering wheel for? Memory card? Or is that for a stick accessory?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Banjo-

@redd214 Not buying one right now but what are the best wheel and pedals for Xbox One?

@NEStalgia If there is the slightest risk of something catching fire or exploding I would never let you come nearby! Do you own any good wheel for Xbox One?

Banjo-

redd214

@BlueOcean the logitech G920 or the Thrustmaster TMX are both good entry points. Both are about $200 but do go on sale often enough. There are cheaper ones out there in the sub $100 range but most around there don't include FFB which imo is the most important aspect. Get what you pay for and all that

You can search the web and find plans to make your own wheel stand if need be out of wood or even pvc piping. There are also so entry level stands in the 100 - 200 range that are easy to assemble and can fold up compactly (yes even for those in apartments lol)

Of course there's high end stuff up into the thousands but if you're just getting started I think either of those are good. Would give the edge to the logitech though as it has a clutch pedal so if you ever wanted to add a shifter in the future you wouldn't need new pedals also.

Hope it helps

redd214

Banjo-

@redd214 Thanks! Around $200 (it's around the same over here) sounds fair for a decent setup.

I am not a serious racing player, I like Forza Horizon 3 & 4 and arcade games like Daytona USA, Sonic and such. At first I thought that these accessories are best suited for serious players but they are a lot of fun in the arcades so not sure.

Banjo-

redd214

@BlueOcean you're welcome. Perhaps see if you can purchase one used for real cheap or from a store with a lax return policy to see if it's for you long term before diving head first. Does take some getting used to for sure but once you get the hang of it it's awesome.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Tssk, tssk...

Come to think of it, I do wonder if we're talking about the same thing: are you talking about the complete package, chair included, or just a stand that fits the steering wheel and pedals? In case of the latter,
I might just be able to unfold it in a spot where it won't be interfering with any other furniture piece,
even in my apartment...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

@ThanosReXXX haha:)

Something along these lines:

https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Steering-Logitech-Thrustmaster%E...

Not saying that this is the best, but for example purposes i just searched "wheel stand" on Amazon and this was the first or second result. I used to have a full on "cockpit" with the racing chair and all that but withkids/marriage/moving/life etc had to get rid of it. Like I said hoping to get something like that again now that my boys and I have a 100% dedicated game room in the house. At the moment though I use something along the lines of what I posted above. I just slide it up to my sofa where I always sit to game and go at it. I custom made mine so its perfect for my height/limb length etc. When Im done just fold up and in the closet to goes. The coat I was wearing today takes up more space in the closet than the stand does lol! Im sure you could find or build something that would work for you man, its SOOOOO worth it!

redd214

redd214

Some daily deals for you guys

-COD black ops 4 down to $40@ Target

-AC Odyssey back down to $30 at Target and Amazon

-25% off almost anything on eBay (up to $25) with code PSAVE25, today only!

redd214

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean
Untitled

Nah, that was the only wheel I've bought. The desk type play wasn't worth spending again. Redd's idea sounds cool...not sure I'll ever do it, but it's cool! Wonder if I could get an adapter for the 360 one though.

@ReaderRagfish C'mon man, at least put an NSFW tag or something before posting that kind of titillating material.

Best arcade racing machine ever.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX BTW, the port on the side is just the port array that's on the bottom of the 360 controller. The phones/mic jack and the accessory jacks normally used for the keyboard pad. There was never a shifter & clutch accessory for it. XBox is the American console, after all.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Hm, that actually looks kinda nice, and something I could easily install and use over here, price is pretty decent as well. I think I might look into getting a universal one (if these even exist), that will accept any wheel or pedal set, so I could use both the older peripherals and any new ones I might now be persuaded to buy in the not too distant future...

@ReaderRagfish Oh, man, don't remind me. I always dreamed of having the Wave Race dual-seat cabinet in my own home, but so far, a dream is all that it is...

@NEStalgia Yeah, heaven's forbid they would actually have to learn to use a stick shift...

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Ah... Kingdoms of Amalur, one of my all-time favorites. Still have it, which, if people know me, isn't too surprising, since I never trade in games or consoles/handhelds, so the collection just grows and grows.

Hence also the space problems concerning a full-on driving sim setup with racing seat...

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, counting only physical (seeing as these are the only ones taking up space) that's around 70 N64 cartridges, 180 GameCube games, 200+ Xbox 360 games (OG Xbox included, haven't counted them exactly, but it's around that number), 6 Xbox One games, 20 Wii U games, 40 Wii games, 12 3DS games, 18 DS games, 22 GBA games, 12 GBC games and 100 Dreamcast games.

Console/handheld-wise, the list is as follows: N64, GameCube, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, Xbox One S, Wii, Wii U, 3DS XL, DSi XL, DS lite, DS Phat, GBA SP, GBA, Game Boy Color, NES Classic Mini, SNES Classic Mini.

And besides that, I also still own a range of Commodore Amiga home computer systems: A500, A500+, A1200 and CD32, for which I've also got tons of games, but those are mostly copied floppy disks, which was all the rage back then. Only for the CD32 do I exclusively have original games.

And of course a rather dated PC, that I use for daily stuff, such as posting on game forums...

I was never into statuettes and so on, but I do own some special editions of certain games, such as a steelbook edition of Doom 3 (OG Xbox), a steelbook edition of 007 Quantum of Solace (Xbox 360), a Xenoblade Chronicles limited edition with red Classic Controller and the Zelda Skyward Sword collector's edition, with orchestral CD and gold-colored Wiimote+.

I did buy some XL figurines of comic book characters, back in the day when I was still WAY to addicted to comics, which is now several decades ago...

EDIT:

Forgot about my PC games, which probably also amounts to around a 100 titles, if not more, but these are stored here and there, because I don't use a lot of them anymore, so how many of them I actually got, I don't know. But they DO take up a lot of space, especially the older ones, with those HUMONGOUS cardboard boxes...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Banjo-

@ReaderRagfish Between the customised Labo Kit with the Xbox One controller stuck to a Wii Wheel and a Daytona USA arcade I choose the second.

@NEStalgia Have you checked other Brook accessories for that? There is one for each situation.

@redd214 Sonic Unleashed is a big deal, so many fans asking for that one on Xbox One and I'll probably get it too. I want Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing anyway.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Nice pile! That may...well...maybe...beat mine. I haven't counted inventory though...and I probably shouldn't....yeah...definitely shouldn't....I might not like the numbers I have multiple bookshelves filled with the old big box PC games though I love those humongous cardboard boxes And then there's the cardboard box filled with NES carts....stacks and stacks of who knows what consoles games..... But that 200 360 180 GCN and 100 DC games are pretty impressive stacks alone. For hardware my list is simpler. NES, SNES, Genesis, GB, Game Gear(screen doesn't work though ), PSP, Vita, 3DS (all sizes), PS2 (Bought it used cheap when I got my PS3 that lacked BC just to play a few games), PS3, PS4, X360, X1X, Wii, WiiU, Switch. I spent a long time on PC-only so I have a huge physical stack of PC games and a dearth of consoles from that decade.

I never do anything with the statues. I bought the Skyrim collectors edition for 360 thinking "hey, cool, a dragon desk ornament!"......I opened the door and found this huge 2ftx3ft box sitting there. Uh oh... It's impressive, but I have absolutely nowhere to put it, so it sits in its box. I have the Fallout 3 bobblehead Vault Boy as well. That's the only good thing that ever came from Bethesda's Fallout interpretation.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic