Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 5,641 to 5,660 of 11,914

TuVictus

I'm finally gonna be able to replay Mass Effect without having to mod in controller support like on the PC, and I can actually try out Dragon Quest! I actually haven't spent much time playing actual Xbox One games because I've just been having a good time going through all the older games I've missed.

TuVictus

TuVictus

@NEStalgia ahaha, seems my brain was elsewhere when typing that comment. Dragon Age* is what I'm looking forward to trying

TuVictus

Banjo-

I am going to play Forza Horizontal 4 this evening.

Banjo-

redd214

Battlefield V is $30 at Target today. That is absolutely insane I knew sales were soft but half off already not good for that franchise!

redd214

NEStalgia

@PikPi Not that DQ on XBox wouldn't be great.....but Switch would be my home for it anyway

Just beware DA2 isn't representative of DA...it's definitely the red headed step child. It's not bad...in fact I find it better than when I first tried it. 1 was the spiritual successor to the PC Infinity engine D&D games (Baldur's Gate etc.) 2 got EA-ified hard, and the game was the subject of ME: Andromeda style internet rage. They kind of went back to the drawing board on 3 and "fixed it" (with EA management approval.) The whole trilogy is pretty good, but that's the weakest of the 3 entries (though a lot prettier and more streamlined than 1 that is, admittedly, a clunky console retrofit of what was meant originally to be an isometric point and click PC game.)

NEStalgia

Banjo-

Dragon Quest games would be great on Xbox One and I wouldn't rule it out after Final Fantasy.

By the way, isn't Mercenaries Playground of Destruction the first Xbox game included in Games with Gold? I am almost sure that we haven't seen this before. If so, it's great that they are including games from all consoles now.

https://majornelson.com/2018/11/27/xbox-live-games-with-gold-...

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Seems unclear for now. The official Xbox channel video about it shows both the original Xbox cover and the Xbox 360 cover of the game:

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal Right! My only doubt was if this is the first Xbox game featured in Games with Gold and I think that it is indeed.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Yosheel It's not odd. Games with Gold started in summer 2013 and the first backwards compatible Xbox games were released recently.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@Yosheel Not that odd really, if you think about it. Games with Gold entered the arena long after Microsoft had stopped putting backward compatible OG Xbox titles on the Xbox 360 list, so the focus was off that previous console since then, and it was initially for the most part purely meant as a cheaper means of being able to dive into the Xbox 360's extensive back catalog.

And of course to persuade more people to buy the Xbox 360 and subscribe to Xbox Live Gold...

@DarthNocturnal Microsoft better get their marketing straight, though. If you watch that video, it would appear that it was also a title available on the Xbox 360. It actually fooled me into thinking as much, which isn't really all that strange, seeing as the Xbox 360 did receive some OG Xbox re-releases early in its life.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean That's not correct. I downloaded Stubbs the Zombie to my Xbox 360 many years ago already, and there have been several other OG Xbox titles available as well.

Eel

Well you guys do know I never had gold, or and Xbox, before like last week or so. So I frankly don't know much about its promotions or history

As far as knew it could've been a millenary tradition.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Yosheel Ah, of course. Well, in that case, we at least brought you up to speed on the how, when, what and why...

BrainOfGrimlock

NEStalgia wrote:

Just beware DA2 isn't representative of DA...it's definitely the red headed step child. It's not bad...in fact I find it better than when I first tried it. 1 was the spiritual successor to the PC Infinity engine D&D games (Baldur's Gate etc.) 2 got EA-ified hard, and the game was the subject of ME: Andromeda style internet rage. They kind of went back to the drawing board on 3 and "fixed it" (with EA management approval.) The whole trilogy is pretty good, but that's the weakest of the 3 entries (though a lot prettier and more streamlined than 1 that is, admittedly, a clunky console retrofit of what was meant originally to be an isometric point and click PC game.)

Cue inevitable contrarian in 3... 2... 1...

2 wasn’t a patch on Origins - completely agree - but I still prefer it to Inquisition.

It’s a minority opinion ofc and whilst I can’t speak for others (and in no way need their opinion to validate mine) I know I’m not the only one who thinks it - it was a conversation on this exact subject that has me playing it again ironically!

2 had obvious problems evident from the rushed development with recycling and a story that could go from engaging to absurd at the drop of a hat, but the characters were (arguably) better written (albeit with the requisite and typical DA level of ‘dodgy’) and it was a much tighter and - imo - better experience than Inquisition.

I’m enjoying Inquisition more this second time but there’s still issues with the pacing & way they’ve added so much banal mmo-type chuff to it that just doesn’t serve any purpose other than to bloat the playtime - what galls me most is they did the exact same thing with Andromeda too (and that already had more than enough other flaws to deal with!).

I’ve read how much the dlc adds to Inquisition so will reserve judgment - I hope it does but at the same time it will stink if so because that was also the case with 2.

Not trying to change anyone’s mind, just point out that despite all the high review scores and general love from a lot of people, there were plenty others who were as - if not more - disappointed with Inquisition than 2.

Tbh, after how much I loved Origins I should hate both of the sequels. They could have sold poop & claimed it was Qunari & I’d have probably pre-ordered after Origins. The whole series has dropped off a cliff for me since then and is just a clusterbomb of disappointment when compared to the (admittedly janky af) original.

Anyway... um, xbox stuff?

BrainOfGrimlock

NEStalgia

Plus, generally not many OG XBox games have aged particularly well, as most had rudimentary level geometry and vastly reduced textures. The few that look great have largely had enhancements for the X1.

NEStalgia

Eel

Darn, so I just noticed Dragon Age Inquisition keeps tracking time even when I turn the xbox off unless I manually exit the game.

So now my file is at 71 hours.

I wonder if the game actually literally keeps running in the background (with my inquisitor just awkwardly staring at a hallway for 15 hours), maybe this is not good for the xbox.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic