Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 11,914

banacheck

Why someone would support the Xboned as a customer is beyond me, because as a customer your rights have been restricted to Microsoft wishes. While i will be able to play any game disc i've "paid" for, for the PS4 from it's launch until the end of time, as long as i own the console and disc. The same cannot be said for Xboned, and if you wish to move house, go to friends or family, you'll be able to play the game you've "paid" for one hour, and depending on internet connection your games collection is useless. And once a new games console comes out, your Xboned & games you've "paid" for is useless unless microsoft says so. Good luck being Xboned..

Oh and all the countrys who have escaped being Xboned, because of there internet connections. And get this every gold member are paying to be Xboned, and head over to digital foundry on "the power of the cloud" nonsense even Microsoft are laughing.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

RR529

@DGGames, first let me say that I don't have any strong feelings about the Xbox One either way. With that out of the way, let me ask a few questions:

1. As for the whole connecting to the internet once a day, while it won't affect you, me, or any of the online whiners, there are consumers out there who don't have a stable (or any) internet connection at all. Are you willing to admit that by locking out those consumers, the XO has a lower potential consumer base than it would have otherwise?

2. As for the DRM practices, will you admit that they might make the console look less appealing to the average family on a budget? (While it probably won't affect early sales, which will be by people who have the money to throw around, it might effect the console later on)

3. So what if Sony does some (or all) of the same things with PS4? (Just because one company does something, doesn't mean the other shouldn't be criticised for doing it as well. They should both be criticised)

4. As for your comments regarding the forced internet connection opening up more creative doors for devs, while that may be true, why is that more important (and better) than making a system that's appealing to as many consumers as possible? (it could be the most developer friendly console in history, but that kinda amounts to jack squat if the system doesn't sell, right...)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TysonOfTime

@DGGames
Ah yes, I forgot that I don't understand my hobby in the slightest. Thank you for informing me that I should stay quiet and accept what the future brings, because no matter how much I dislike it, that's only because I'm too ignorant NOT to like it!

Thank you for showing me the light.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Jaz007

DGGames wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Destiney doesn't need a required Internet connection from a console and it needs an Internet connection so devs will already make these games. If there are 4,000,000 Xbox One users and 100% of them have an Internet connection the dev will have 4,000,000 to sell to. If Xbox One didn't have an Internet connection and had 4,000,000 users with internet and there were 1,000,000 more people who don't have Internet who bought Xbox One. There are 5,000,000 total users and the dev will able to sell his game to only 80% of the userbase, but it will still the same amount of people and it won't affect he sales the dev gets. Plus, of another dev makes a game that doesn't need the internet, he will only 4,000,000 to sell to instead of 5,000,000 to sell to because the console requires an internet connection. A requirement that makes 100% of the userbaser possible customers doesn't matter if it only makes less of an overall userbase.

It does matter, when that dev can tell the publisher their game can be fully enjoyed by 100% of the userbase instead of only 80% because that means that when the userbase grows, so does their potential customers

You're telling me that the publishers aren't smart enough to know that amount of people they can sell to won't be affected? That sales is pitch is going to do nothing, publisher actually think about their investments a lot and would see the amount of people they can sell to with the game and that it won't really change with the Internet connection requirement.

Jaz007

Midnight3DS

People don't want this garbage. The number of negative news articles and editorials are piling up. Not just dedicated game sites. Forbes, BBC, The Guardian, Metro UK, The Diplomat... and much more. Stupid, convoluted policies.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

TysonOfTime

I'd be much more interested in POSITIVE articles and editorials; I want to see how people could possibly defend this.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Midnight3DS

And enough with the 'Sony's doing it too' mantra. No, they are not. It's official. It's up to publishers to come up with their own 3rd party means of DRM. Huge difference. Not everyone has the infastructure for this, outside the likes of EA or Ubisoft.

Also, with PS4 you're buying a game disc, which can be played completely offline, unlike a glorified installation disc, and online requirement with Xbox One. Sony wins on both these fronts.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/It-Official-PS4-Feature-Used...

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Olliemar28

What I'd like to know is what happens in ten years or so..? Microsoft's servers for the Xbox One won't last forever, and when they do turn off, it'll essentially turn the console into a giant doorstop. Unless of course Microsoft ditches its stupid online checking policy either now or somewhere down the line.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

FireMario887

The Xbox One is equally good and bad. I like the enhanced Kinect sensor, the amazing graphics, and the menu usage. The bad things are REALLY bad in my opinion, such as the paid mandatory online system, the online requirement, and the (WORSE) lack of backwards compatibility. The games and the Kinect bar usage are awesome, but online usages and the complete disappearance of backwards compatibility are some things I can't deal with.

FireMario887

shingi_70

I assume DGGames is like this

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DGGames

RR529 wrote:

@DGGames, first let me say that I don't have any strong feelings about the Xbox One either way. With that out of the way, let me ask a few questions:

1. As for the whole connecting to the internet once a day, while it won't affect you, me, or any of the online whiners, there are consumers out there who don't have a stable (or any) internet connection at all. Are you willing to admit that by locking out those consumers, the XO has a lower potential consumer base than it would have otherwise?

2. As for the DRM practices, will you admit that they might make the console look less appealing to the average family on a budget? (While it probably won't affect early sales, which will be by people who have the money to throw around, it might effect the console later on)

3. So what if Sony does some (or all) of the same things with PS4? (Just because one company does something, doesn't mean the other shouldn't be criticised for doing it as well. They should both be criticised)

4. As for your comments regarding the forced internet connection opening up more creative doors for devs, while that may be true, why is that more important (and better) than making a system that's appealing to as many consumers as possible? (it could be the most developer friendly console in history, but that kinda amounts to jack squat if the system doesn't sell, right...)

1. It will not affect a single one of the idiots that are complaining about it. It won't affect a single person that has been complaining about it. More importantly, if we go off the numbers Microsoft and even Nintendo have been reporting, it won't matter in the slightest. Over 75% of Xbox 360 consoles were constantly online, and that's counting as offline all of the thieves who had modded consoles and pirated games and therefore never went online at all. So if even with those thrown in they still had 75% connection rate the chances of somebody getting an XBOX ONE without having some sort of internet connection are very, very low. Besides if it doesn't negatively affect you or anyone you know at all, why are you so butthurt about it?

2. No .The average family doesn't even know what DRM means and won't care either. Besides, a "family on a budget" won't be buying a $400 console at launch. I even doubt a "family on a budget" would be buying anything past the Wii U Basic and even that is a stretch at $300 for just the console.

3. Exactly, if people hate Microsoft after yesterday's new info, they should be just as pissed at sony since it is the same thing. They are both letting publishers decide (and we all know EA. They are going to do it)

4. Because more creative freedom = more games. Also, as every Nintendo fan knows, new and unique features that empower developers is always a good thing. It opens up new opportunities for cooler, better games.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Game developer and gamer.

KAHN

Microsoft is paying 3rd Party developers not to show games at the PS4 press conference. this is just bullish*t. i'm sorry, but it is. i'm excited for the PS4, and i want to see it at E3 this year as the best it can be. but MS knows they screwed up their reveal, so they're essentially CHEATING. i shouldn't have to miss out on the PS4 conference because MS made a crappy reveal to a crapy console. so unorthodox.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

KAHN

CanisWolfred wrote:

Business is a dirty game, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did the same thing.

if 3rd party developers actually obey MS & not reveal their PS4 games than i could see that happening, but hopefully they wont listen to MS. MS needs to kick it into overdrive this year at E3. they know they do. All Sony really needs to do is not have DRM and have one or two good exclusives and it'll be a successful launch. Nintendo just needs to be Nintendo. they're practically poised to win this year.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

shingi_70

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Business is a dirty game, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony did the same thing.

if 3rd party developers actually obey MS & not reveal their PS4 games than i could see that happening, but hopefully they wont listen to MS. MS needs to kick it into overdrive this year at E3. they know they do. All Sony really needs to do is not have DRM and have one or two good exclusives and it'll be a successful launch. Nintendo just needs to be Nintendo. they're practically poised to win this year.

why wouldn;t they agree with microsoft. I mean this is pretty the same as when Microsoft was making money hand over first through gold fees while Sony was/is on the verge on death. Getting a cut of every used game is huge from a businesses standpoint.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Jaz007

DGGames wrote:

RR529 wrote:

1. It will not affect a single one of the idiots that are complaining about it. It won't affect a single person that has been complaining about it. More importantly, if we go off the numbers Microsoft and even Nintendo have been reporting, it won't matter in the slightest. Over 75% of Xbox 360 consoles were constantly online, and that's counting as offline all of the thieves who had modded consoles and pirated games and therefore never went online at all. So if even with those thrown in they still had 75% connection rate the chances of somebody getting an XBOX ONE without having some sort of internet connection are very, very low. Besides if it doesn't negatively affect you or anyone you know at all, why are you so butthurt about it?

2. No .The average family doesn't even know what DRM means and won't care either. Besides, a "family on a budget" won't be buying a $400 console at launch. I even doubt a "family on a budget" would be buying anything past the Wii U Basic and even that is a stretch at $300 for just the console.

3. Exactly, if people hate Microsoft after yesterday's new info, they should be just as pissed at sony since it is the same thing. They are both letting publishers decide (and we all know EA. They are going to do it)

4. Because more creative freedom = more games. Also, as every Nintendo fan knows, new and unique features that empower developers is always a good thing. It opens up new opportunities for cooler, better games.

"over 75%" do you have any idea much 20% is here. That's a huge hit it to sales the console. If Xbox One would have sold 50 million without the online requirement, the according to the number you pulled with the requirement it would lose 10 million sales. That's a gigantic hit to sales. Over 75% is not as big of a number as you think it is here.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Jaz007

DGGames

Jaz007 wrote:

DGGames wrote:

RR529 wrote:

"over 75%" do you have any idea much 20% is here. That's a huge hit it to sales the console. If Xbox One would have sold 50 million without the online requirement, the according to the number you pulled with the requirement it would lose 10 million sales. That's a gigantic hit to sales. Over 75% is not as big of a number as you think it is here.

Except the 75% figure are the ones with a CONSTANT internet connection. That is, 75% of Xbox 360 owners regularly get online to download stuff, use social features, etc. If you add in the people that use online features only occasionally (mostly, people that had internet service but for one reason or another decided to use local accounts for the longest time), you have a pretty high number.

The number of people that both can afford a next-gen system and games AND don't have an internet connection is extremely small. And since Sony will most likely end up doing what they do best: copy others, Nintendo being the only one getting that tiny fraction of the market (on top of the one they are already getting of course) doesn't bother me. The Wii U could use some extra sales, and being the only one that doesn't block used games at all and doesn't require an internet connection would help it even if it is only a little bit.

Game developer and gamer.

KAHN

Sony_70 wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

why wouldn;t they agree with microsoft. I mean this is pretty the same as when Microsoft was making money hand over first through gold fees while Sony was/is on the verge on death. Getting a cut of every used game is huge from a businesses standpoint.

i don't know, something in the back of my mind says that 3rd party devs want their games shown at E3, especially if it's for a better system. if this actually does happen, i can see Sony doing thee same thing, fighting fire with fire. MS NEEDS a good conference, so i can see Sony doing a little sabotage, keep devs from showing at the XboxOne Conference. really pissed at MS right now i guess, so i would call it justification

KAHN

shingi_70

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

i don't know, something in the back of my mind says that 3rd party devs want their games shown at E3, especially if it's for a better system. if this actually does happen, i can see Sony doing thee same thing, fighting fire with fire. MS NEEDS a good conference, so i can see Sony doing a little sabotage, keep devs from showing at the XboxOne Conference. really pissed at MS right now i guess, so i would call it justification

lol nintendo isn't poised to win this year at all. They take all of their launch window software and go take a hike at the kiddie table.

As far as third parties go If I were a third party I would side with microsoft the guys who just opened a whole new reveue stream for my company utalizing something third parties complained about.

Also how do you propose that Sony gets games away from the Microsoft conference? That and takes money and Sony in its current state can't outbid Microsoft for anything.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic