Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,757

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

521. Posted:

Microsof Xbox One teaser trailer for media briefing.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

522. Posted:

Man all of the old G4 peeps brings me back to a simpler time of video game coverage.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

DGGames

523. Posted:

with how dodgy and unreliable gaming press is, can't blame Microsoft for canceling meetings with them. They need to get off their high horse and remember games, developers and gamers are far more important to the industry than the sneaky press.

I will personally be getting an XBOX ONE for Quantum Break and anything RARE ends up doing.

I probably won't get a PS4 until much, much later. Last gen sony proved they can't be trusted. You never know what features will be stolen away with a firmware update so I would rather get a cheaper redesign that doesn't include the features they plan to steal so I don't have to pay for them just to be stolen like they did with the PS3..

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage

Peach64

524. Posted:

Soooo it sounds like Respawn's new game is going to be exclusive to the Xbox One. If true, that's going to be huge. As unimpressed with the reveal event as I was, I'm pretty sure I'll still be getting one of these eventually. Exlcusive Mirror's Edge and exclusive on the new game from the creators of Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

525. Posted:

Peach64 wrote:

Soooo it sounds like Respawn's new game is going to be exclusive to the Xbox One. If true, that's going to be huge. As unimpressed with the reveal event as I was, I'm pretty sure I'll still be getting one of these eventually. Exlcusive Mirror's Edge and exclusive on the new game from the creators of Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.

Titanfall, which is Respawns's new game, seems to be confirmed for PC as well.

I'll wait and see, but if anything it'll drive me to focus on getting a good PC rather than an Xbox One.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

526. Posted:

What's with these guys saying the dumbest things, doing Microsoft no favors. All hands on PR deck...

Avalanch co-founder - "People Complained About Machines Needing Electricity Back Then"

Avalanche on Xbox One connectivity.. 'people complained about...

Edited on by Midnight3DS

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

527. Posted:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

Welp Love that noise. the same the Wii U will be my nintendo box, looks like the Xbone will be my Microsoft box.
Watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

528. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

Welp Love that noise. the same the Wii U will be my nintendo box, looks like the Xbone will be my Microsoft box.
Watch the profanity — TBD

Everyone on Destructoid is flipping out... Did I miss something?

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

529. Posted:

You gotta check in every 24 hours... is that right?

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

530. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

You gotta check in every 24 hours... is that right?

Oh yes. That's it. Everyone is upset over that.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay Microsoft.

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

531. Posted:

"Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing."

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

532. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

"Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing."

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

Oh

Oh my
They have to be joking. That's not how you break that kind of news.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

533. Posted:

I'm seeing alot of people being okay with this. If i'm being completely candid I could get behind nearly everything expect the 24 hour check and I have two good multiple ways to connect to the internet at home.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

534. Posted:

They're simply out of touch with reality.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

535. Posted:

Are gaming companies just in a contest for "World's Worst PR?"

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

536. Posted:

People can be judge how this is going over on official Xbox One forum for starters.

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

537. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

People can be judge how this is going over on official Xbox One forum for starters.

Oh god, that funeral thread had me in stitches.

This is the best.
Untitled

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

538. Posted:

One big problem I have with a required online connection is that it will be a dead console once the servers go down.

Currently playing: Torchlight 2 , Rune Factory 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

DGGames

539. Posted:

Except it won't

That's actually pretty awesome news from a devs point of view. If the machine requires an Internet connection, then that's yet another resource you can use in your game.

Last gen you couldn't count on every Xbox having a hard drive so making a game that required one would negatively impact your potential sales. Now that a hard drive is always included and that an internet connection is required, you can assume your users have both, which means you can use both in your game.

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

540. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

Except it won't

That's actually pretty awesome news from a devs point of view. If the machine requires an Internet connection, then that's yet another resource you can use in your game.

Last gen you couldn't count on every Xbox having a hard drive so making a game that required one would negatively impact your potential sales. Now that a hard drive is always included and that an internet connection is required, you can assume your users have both, which means you can use both in your game.

But if Xbox one fails in any serious sales related way, none of that matters.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!