Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 11,914

TysonOfTime

Peach64 wrote:

Soooo it sounds like Respawn's new game is going to be exclusive to the Xbox One. If true, that's going to be huge. As unimpressed with the reveal event as I was, I'm pretty sure I'll still be getting one of these eventually. Exlcusive Mirror's Edge and exclusive on the new game from the creators of Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.

Titanfall, which is Respawns's new game, seems to be confirmed for PC as well.

I'll wait and see, but if anything it'll drive me to focus on getting a good PC rather than an Xbox One.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

Welp Love that noise. the same the Wii U will be my nintendo box, looks like the Xbone will be my Microsoft box.
Watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TysonOfTime

Sony_70 wrote:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

Welp Love that noise. the same the Wii U will be my nintendo box, looks like the Xbone will be my Microsoft box.
Watch the profanity — TBD

Everyone on Destructoid is flipping out... Did I miss something?

Midnight3DS

You gotta check in every 24 hours... is that right?

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

TysonOfTime

Midnight3DS wrote:

You gotta check in every 24 hours... is that right?

Oh yes. That's it. Everyone is upset over that.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay Microsoft.

Midnight3DS

"Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing."

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

TysonOfTime

Midnight3DS wrote:

"Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing."

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

Oh

Oh my
They have to be joking. That's not how you break that kind of news.

shingi_70

I'm seeing alot of people being okay with this. If i'm being completely candid I could get behind nearly everything expect the 24 hour check and I have two good multiple ways to connect to the internet at home.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Midnight3DS

They're simply out of touch with reality.

Midnight3DS

People can be judge how this is going over on official Xbox One forum for starters.

TysonOfTime

Midnight3DS wrote:

People can be judge how this is going over on official Xbox One forum for starters.

Oh god, that funeral thread had me in stitches.

This is the best.
Untitled

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Jaz007

One big problem I have with a required online connection is that it will be a dead console once the servers go down.

Jaz007

DGGames

Except it won't

That's actually pretty awesome news from a devs point of view. If the machine requires an Internet connection, then that's yet another resource you can use in your game.

Last gen you couldn't count on every Xbox having a hard drive so making a game that required one would negatively impact your potential sales. Now that a hard drive is always included and that an internet connection is required, you can assume your users have both, which means you can use both in your game.

Game developer and gamer.

kkslider5552000

DGGames wrote:

Except it won't

That's actually pretty awesome news from a devs point of view. If the machine requires an Internet connection, then that's yet another resource you can use in your game.

Last gen you couldn't count on every Xbox having a hard drive so making a game that required one would negatively impact your potential sales. Now that a hard drive is always included and that an internet connection is required, you can assume your users have both, which means you can use both in your game.

But if Xbox one fails in any serious sales related way, none of that matters.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

moomoo

Jaz007 wrote:

One big problem I have with a required online connection is that it will be a dead console once the servers go down.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft could just turn off the requirement through a patch once the system goes through its paces (I wouldn't expect that for at least a decade). Plus, I'm sure Xbox Live will be around waaaaaay after the system is gone, so long as Microsoft is still around. Even if XBone is a massive failure, it wouldn't take much to keep the servers up, since they're already there for XBLive anyway.

I don't see the problem in an always-on internet connection. I already do that with all of my other devices in my home. Yeah, the system could fail, but hey, that'd be a problem without the whole required-online thing.

When it comes to the Kinect requirement, it just has to be plugged in. That's it. It does not have to be on. If the user wishes, they don't have to use it for anything at all. If your dog knocks it over and breaks it, or something like that, then you just have to plug it in. That's it. So once again, I don't see the problem.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Midnight3DS

@DGGames "That's actually pretty awesome news from a devs point of view. If the machine requires an Internet connection, then that's yet another resource you can use in your game."

Woopty doo for them. It's bad for consumers. The bottom line is a pile more restrictions, requirements and annoyances for the consumer. This is a ridiculously backwards mindset.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

DGGames

Midnight3DS wrote:

@DGGames "That's actually pretty awesome news from a devs point of view. If the machine requires an Internet connection, then that's yet another resource you can use in your game."

Woopty doo for them. It's bad for consumers. The bottom line is a pile more restrictions, requirements and annoyances for the consumer. This is a ridiculously backwards mindset.

Since it looks like it went over your head I will put it in simpler terms: Requiring an internet connection allows games that are simply not possible on other systems since there is no risk of your potential customers not having what your game requires. Is the same reason why not all games use MotionPlus, or why PS Move failed so badly (well one of the many reasons why it failed so badly).

Also with the latest piece of news, it is now confirmed both XBOX ONE and PS4 use the same kind of anti-used games DRM, which explains why EA did away with their online pass initiative. So it is up to the devs on both XBOX ONE and PS4 to have or not to have anti-used games DRM, and not possible at all on Nintendo's platform.

Game developer and gamer.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic