Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,627

Midnight3DS

Microsof Xbox One teaser trailer for media briefing.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

shingi_70

Man all of the old G4 peeps brings me back to a simpler time of video game coverage.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DGGames

with how dodgy and unreliable gaming press is, can't blame Microsoft for canceling meetings with them. They need to get off their high horse and remember games, developers and gamers are far more important to the industry than the sneaky press.

I will personally be getting an XBOX ONE for Quantum Break and anything RARE ends up doing.

I probably won't get a PS4 until much, much later. Last gen sony proved they can't be trusted. You never know what features will be stolen away with a firmware update so I would rather get a cheaper redesign that doesn't include the features they plan to steal so I don't have to pay for them just to be stolen like they did with the PS3..

Game developer and gamer.

Peach64

Soooo it sounds like Respawn's new game is going to be exclusive to the Xbox One. If true, that's going to be huge. As unimpressed with the reveal event as I was, I'm pretty sure I'll still be getting one of these eventually. Exlcusive Mirror's Edge and exclusive on the new game from the creators of Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.

Peach64

TysonOfTime

Peach64 wrote:

Soooo it sounds like Respawn's new game is going to be exclusive to the Xbox One. If true, that's going to be huge. As unimpressed with the reveal event as I was, I'm pretty sure I'll still be getting one of these eventually. Exlcusive Mirror's Edge and exclusive on the new game from the creators of Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.

Titanfall, which is Respawns's new game, seems to be confirmed for PC as well.

I'll wait and see, but if anything it'll drive me to focus on getting a good PC rather than an Xbox One.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

Welp Love that noise. the same the Wii U will be my nintendo box, looks like the Xbone will be my Microsoft box.
Watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TysonOfTime

Sony_70 wrote:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

Welp Love that noise. the same the Wii U will be my nintendo box, looks like the Xbone will be my Microsoft box.
Watch the profanity — TBD

Everyone on Destructoid is flipping out... Did I miss something?

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Midnight3DS

You gotta check in every 24 hours... is that right?

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

TysonOfTime

Midnight3DS wrote:

You gotta check in every 24 hours... is that right?

Oh yes. That's it. Everyone is upset over that.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay Microsoft.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Midnight3DS

"Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing."

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

TysonOfTime

Midnight3DS wrote:

"Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing."

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

Oh

Oh my
They have to be joking. That's not how you break that kind of news.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

I'm seeing alot of people being okay with this. If i'm being completely candid I could get behind nearly everything expect the 24 hour check and I have two good multiple ways to connect to the internet at home.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Midnight3DS

They're simply out of touch with reality.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

kkslider5552000

Are gaming companies just in a contest for "World's Worst PR?"

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Midnight3DS

People can be judge how this is going over on official Xbox One forum for starters.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Jaz007

One big problem I have with a required online connection is that it will be a dead console once the servers go down.

Jaz007

DGGames

Except it won't

That's actually pretty awesome news from a devs point of view. If the machine requires an Internet connection, then that's yet another resource you can use in your game.

Last gen you couldn't count on every Xbox having a hard drive so making a game that required one would negatively impact your potential sales. Now that a hard drive is always included and that an internet connection is required, you can assume your users have both, which means you can use both in your game.

Game developer and gamer.

kkslider5552000

DGGames wrote:

Except it won't

That's actually pretty awesome news from a devs point of view. If the machine requires an Internet connection, then that's yet another resource you can use in your game.

Last gen you couldn't count on every Xbox having a hard drive so making a game that required one would negatively impact your potential sales. Now that a hard drive is always included and that an internet connection is required, you can assume your users have both, which means you can use both in your game.

But if Xbox one fails in any serious sales related way, none of that matters.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic