Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 5,181 to 5,200 of 5,921

redd214

@BlueOcean you're welcome. Didn't play the first but the 2nd and 3rd were fun. Much different than most of the fps games at that time,

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

DarthNocturnal

redd214 wrote:

"The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do." - Thomas Jefferson

AMEN. I feel like I should put this in my signature.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Yosheel

@BlueOcean doesn't say anything about any shirts.

The only visible difference I can tell is that the title banner in the box art is green instead of gold.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean The problem with the no new Forza theory is the games expire after 4 years. Horizon 2 expired this year, Motorsport 6 will expire next year, Horizon 3 will expire in 2020, etc. so there needs to be at least a new Motorsport game in 2021 and new Horizon game in 2022.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@redd214 @BlueOcean The internet developed a way to communicate many thoughts and ideas in any depth with anyone in the world. Meanwhile those who would formulate discussion greater than 255 character quips of banal topics are berated. Perhaps Earth does not need progress. We simply need sharper implements on longer poles, and sturdier implements with which to bludgeon.

@redd214 But will it run Crysi....oh.....nevermind.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia No point in using 8 paragraphs to get your point across when you could do the same in 2 or 3. Also less emojis

NEStalgia

@redd214 Ahh the modern quest for expediency and efficiency at the cost of details and completeness. Yet nothing in all those paragraphs was redundant to any other. Each expressed a different set of details thoughts and information. But a conversation with all the specifics omitted to simply state final summaries in as few words as possible for a world interested only in the end result rather than the substance of anything I suppose makes sense. After all it's a world where review text doesn't matter, just the distillation of a final score. Why watch the game when you can check scores online. Who needs to read the book, when the Wikipedia summary will tell you the gist of it? No time for reality, dialog and interaction, why not just string lists of imperatives together. It's efficient, and efficiency is precisely why we are on a forum about video games. The meaning of life, the universe, and everything is 42. It's all so clear now.

The emojis, as edited above is it's far too easy for sarcasm on the internet to come across as hostility and somehow on an internet forum everything comes across as an argument, so the abuse of emojs is to prevent such misunderstandings. It saves the requirement of infinite more text walls to calm tensions down after misinterpretation.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia great talk, thanks!

NBA 2K19 is $20 off today, all platforms I guess to coincide with start of the season. Holding out to see BF price myself but figured I'd share.

DarthNocturnal

I will say I agree with him on the emoji thing.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Have you ever considered a career in construction? I've been gone for all but two days, and all I see is you text walling the hell out of everyone again...

As for your supposed original point: according to me, that was that you couldn't decide on in which mode to play, because one ran better, but was "uglier" than the other. That most definitely does NOT sound like you thinking that both modes are beautiful, which was OUR point, and there wasn't a word in Spanish among those comments...

As for that video: you might wanna watch it, I'm sure DF have done a rather thorough dissection of the game, seeing as they always do...
I haven't watched it, but I don't need to. I think it's pretty safe to say that we could win more money by placing bets on people that practically do this for a living, and are well known for pulling ALL of the most tiny details out of a game, sometimes to ridiculous and/or needless levels (just watch their Shenmue reboot videos, and you'll see what I mean. Showing details and/or flaws in and on things that I myself have never noticed, nor ever will, due to the fact that I'm playing the game, NOT putting it under a microscope... ), than by betting on an anonymous guy on the internet who has made up his own mind about it, regardless of the fact that he has actually grown on me over time, no offense.

I like hard facts, and I like people to at the very least have a bit of baggage in the area that they're speaking of, so that I can safely assume that what they're saying, has some weight to it and can be judged as true.

By the way: concerning your hard drive issues, that does sound weird, and nothing I've heard of before,
so perhaps it's the room conditions, or something obstructing/short-cutting (sufficient) air flow?
Either that, or you're having more bad luck than the average Joe, with the Xbox One, which would be a shame, seeing as you chose them over a shiny new game PC...

Speaking of PC's: I had this weird issue, that I've only now been able to correct. I had an "unreadable file removal" error on one of my external hard drives, FAT32. It turned out, that something went wrong putting it in the trash can, and then trying to completely delete it. The trash can, once opened, was empty, and yet the desktop icon showed it to contain something, even if there were no hidden files in it either, but the option to empty it, was selectable regardless. Clicking on it, gave the rather ominous warning "Are you sure you want to delete WINDOWS?", and I kept getting the warning message that a file couldn't be deleted due to the fact that it was corrupted and because of that unreadable...

I also couldn't run a check disk, at least not with both options selected (to check, repair and/or restructure files and folders) unless I'd reboot, which strangely also didn't work, because it just booted up Windows again without first doing a disk check on the external drive, so ultimately, I had to go into safe mode, remove the recycle bin from the external drive, reboot again in safe mode, and FINALLY, disk check worked completely. Took me the whole damn day today, due to the size of the drive, which wasn't even that big for today's standards (1TB), but yeah... Windows...

Anyway, moving on: have you tried Split Second yet, and did you like it? Ever since it re-released on Games with Gold, I've been replaying quite a few missions in that game, to get better scores than I already had...

@BlueOcean What??? NEVER played Crysis? I thought you also had an Xbox 360? The second and third game were free on Games with Gold a couple years back as well, so I guess I can now install them on the Xbox One...

@Tasuki Best tip I can give you, for ANY Forza Horizon game, is to get familiar with using the map to find stuff. The full screen map, not the one accessed by the directional buttons on the D-Pad. On the full screen map, new locations and events will continuously pop up, every time you spend a little more time on and in the game.

Just drive around, win races (keep one finger/thumb on the X button, just in case you come across one on the road, to immediately access it), and listen to the directions of your route planner, get those barn finds on the map to get new cars, and look for stunts, which is another way to both earn experience points and more cars.

And never be afraid to ask questions. No sane person is going to blame you for not knowing anything about a game you've never played before. In fact, the only stupid questions are the ones that aren't being asked, because of people being too afraid to look stupid or whatever, leaving the answers to those burning questions to forever float in limbo...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

DarthNocturnal

I must've gotten Crysis 3 with GwG, because it's in my ready to install list. I remember playing the beta to 2 or 3. It was fun.

Also, if you played Horzon 4's demo, you should get a message from XBL with a code for a free McLaren Senna (the game's cover car). One million CR I don't have to spend.

NEStalgia

Fyi: i couldn't start any games while logged in:

" 10/16/2018, 8:07:51 PM

Affected platforms:
Xbox One
Xbox on Windows 10

Affected services:

Using prepaid cards or codes for downloadable items or Xbox Live subscriptions, Downloading items that you have already purchased

Latest update:

Our engineers and developers are actively continuing to work to resolve the issue causing some members to have problems finding previously-purchased content or purchasing new content. Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience.

Second time in 2 weeks. Welcome to PSLive

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

Welp, that explains why I couldn't redeem those two additional freebies for FH4 that XBL gave me.

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal yup. I've spent the last hour frantically rebooting and unplugging hdds as it told mei needed to log in as the owner of the content to play..... Even thoughi was logged in.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

So...... Howzabout that new starfox game huh?

NEStalgia

BlueOcean

@NEStalgia You don't make long comments so they are more detailed and better convey the intended meaning or at least that's not the results that you are getting but exactly the opposite. Your comments are partly incoherent, repetitive and it's obvious that sometimes, ironically considering their length, change the subject to unrelated matters to make your mistakes less noticeable. You also have a tendency to misunderstand the purpose of other comments because you can't abandon your own perspective and bias against Microsoft.

@DarthNocturnal Can you believe that I didn't download the demo because I didn't need to see if the game was good? Would it work now?

@ThanosReXXX I only had Nintendo consoles until Xbox One. Yes, I was officially a Nintendo fanboy.

BlueOcean

DarthNocturnal

@BlueOcean

Well, you could always try it and see. I knew I got (or at least, was supposed to get) a cosmetic item for my driver. But not the cover car, of all things.

The other two freebies were just for owning the game; a 2018 McLaren 720S and a Black Jumper.

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean While I won't deny that in a forum setting I'll write in a "stream of consciousness" as it's supposed to be a conversational tone, your accusation of "changing the subject to make mistakes less noticeable" is absurd and unfounded. And it's beyond ironic that you accuse me of misunderstanding other comments when you have done that to me for the longest time, and I've told you numerous times that you seem to always misunderstand me yet you not only continue to do so, and not only do I continue to humor you and try to make light of it and take it into a jovial direction, with as much humor and light hearted banter as I can, accented by as many smileys as possible to make clear my intent and ensure there is absolutely no possible confusion about the nature or intention of my statements, but then you accuse me of being the one to do so.

And case in point I do not have a bias against Microsoft, or XBox, and your perpetual insistence that I'm some sort of Playstation specific fan, even when I keep reiterating that I'm a fan of all the consoles and have owned multiple generations of all consoles, when you yourself have not, is beyond the point of hypocracy.

I'll be blunt. You've been increasingly and persistently hostile in how you come across. It's not a tone of friendly conversational disagreement but one of genuine dislike. Don't like me? Hit ignore, let me know and I'll do the same, and be done with it. I've had several nice conversations with you about controller ergonomics and recently Assassin's Creed, so I'd hate for that to be the end of it for certain, however the majority of other conversations I've had with you you've come across as hostile from beginning to end, and no matter how I try to ignore it and change the tone of the conversation you double down on using that as fodder to poke and prod. Only two other people on this forum have managed to be quite so frustrating, and one was a drive-by comment thread troll. I thus far have no one ignored. I have my bouts with thanos but all conversations with him come across in good humor and with points of agreement and disagreement. At no point does he come across as hostile, argumentative, or ill intended, as conversations with you both recently here and not long ago in the Final Fantasy conversation tend to. Nearly any post with you feels like a quest to find an argument rather than discourse. Yes, thanos and I tend to misunderstand each other from time to time, but you and he are the only people across all of NL that I seem to have that issue with on a regular basis, and with thanos, understanding seems to occur through further dialog, rather than greeted with argumentativeness.

I own four different xboxes from the start of the 360 to the 1X. I was a PC gamer for a decade. I owned a PS2 and a PS3 starting after the launch of the PS3,. I had OG PS4 and 2 Pros. I have two Switches, two WiiU's, 5 3DS's, and a Wii, NES, SNES, and Virtual Boy and OG GameBoy, and an Atari 2600. You don't have a Switch, despise Playstation, and didn't even have a 360. Yet you're accusing me of console/brand bias on a frequent basis. Out of the hundreds of people on this forum you are the only one that I can't seem to have any manner of understanding with. Even Sligeach_Eire managed to have more conversational dialogs with differing ideas. Even GatorBoi, a self-admitted XBox troll did. If you don't like me and wish to share an ignore that's you're perogative and I'll accept that, but you may want to consider that if out of hundreds of people I converse with here, you remain the one that seems to have the least understanding of my meanings, even among the actual trolls, and perhaps it's how you read my meaning that is the primary source of trouble. I'm fine either way, ignores, or trying to be conversational, your call.

@Thanosrexxx apologies for taking the time to deal with the above instead of replying to your post! I'll have to get back to that tomorrow.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Aha, okay. Well, I've always been a multiple system person myself, seeing as it was pretty clear for me a long time ago already, that you can't get all games on one system, but I can definitely also understand wanting to stick to one system, for personal reasons, although I myself am not really partial to brand loyalty, since the brands themselves don't really do anything to instill that loyalty in me...

@NEStalgia No worries, buddy. Get to it when you have the time. I still haven't responded to some either, simply because I either don't have the time or just don't feel like it at the moment, because it'll cause another text wall or two, and even I don't like to wade through these, sometimes...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

Yosheel

It doesn't have to be brand loyalty exclusively. Sticking to a single system is also cheaper, and some people have limited shelf space too.

As for myself, I tend to stick to Nintendo. But I do have a PSVita, and enjoyed my PSP greatly while it lasted.

My brother had a 360, which I didn't play very often, and also a PS3, which neither played very often. The PS3 is still at our house being used as a media device, the 360 moved with him.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic