Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 4,801 to 4,820 of 5,281

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Only published by them, the game is not from EA's hands, but from the original Criterion team, luckily...

That was actually also why I was so pleasantly surprised by it. When I heard that they were making it, back in the day, I kinda thought that people who up til then were only famous for making these crazy arcade racers, weren't really the team to make a good and entertaining shooter, but they actually did, and that is why it is one of my surprise favorites, because I never knew it was going to be that good, and that I was going to like it that much...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: TheRealThanos

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Ahh, yeah the original Criterion was great! And then there's the new Criterion......gulp

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yeah... let's not go there...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

DarthNocturnal

I think new Criteríon was behind SWBF2's starfighters. For what it's worth, they're quite improved from how they were in the first game.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, some new talent has been acquired, and they have improved, showing that surprisingly, EA hasn't let them wither and die, unlike some other studios they took over, so they actually have invested in them, after most of the original members left, and some good games have come out of it. But they'll still never be the original Criterion.

In many ways, it's more or less similar to the Rare/Microsoft story.

DarthNocturnal

A Forza Horizon 2 Complete Add-on bundle has surfaced. One final hurrah before the delisting.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Small picture. I can barely make out that it's a Star Wars theme. What is that? A pinball table display? And why send that to me? @DarthNocturnal mentioned the Stars Wars games, not me.

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Quanta Costa? (How much does it cost?)
Nice gesture, though, provided it is the right price, obviously...

DarthNocturnal

@ThanosReXXX

$23 CAD. So, $15-$20 USD? Somewhere about there. You're on your own for other currency.

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Yep. Unfortunately for "us Europeans", dollar prices usually revert to euro prices on a 1:1 basis...
Guess I'll look it up to make sure. Perhaps we'll get lucky for once...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Is this the one you're talking about?
https://www.trueachievements.com/products/4481/Forza-Horizon-...

I guess Europe is 1:1 with Canadian dollar prices now...

P.S.

That page is actually quite handy to keep track of games and prices, so it's going into my Favorites list...
The sales tab on that page might be a good one to store for you as well, @NEStalgia...
https://www.trueachievements.com/products/xbox-sales

DarthNocturnal

@ThanosReXXX

Yeah, that's it. Guess it existed long before now. I don't get why they only just now started doing “all in one“ bundles. Forza Horizon 3 Platinum is what “Ultimate“ should have been day 1. At least they've learned for Horizon 4...

There's also a DLC bundle up for Motorsport 6.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Good to know. Only have Forza Motorsport 5, though.

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Um...
I need your advices before i buy Xbox One.

Lately, i had cut another 3 PS4 games again (FF XII The Zodiac Age, FF X/X-2 HD & World of Final Fantasy) after i saw those games will be on Nintendo Switch. I stop playing the PS4 version once it announced for Switch, I still keep the PS4 version while waiting the Switch version released and i will sell the PS4 version once i got the Switch version.

Now, i have ONLY THREE PS4 games left :
1. The Sims 4
2. Portal Knights
3. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix

Here are my thoughts about my PS4 :
1. I want to leave from PS4 brand after another PS4 games eliminated due to released also on Nintendo Switch, it made my PS4 suddenly became Useless due to very few games left.
2. I might want to try XBOX One since i still have Negativity with PS4, but now i'm NEUTRAL with Xbox machines after i saw Nintendo & Microsoft had a good relationship.
3. But, i still newbie about Xbox One machine, never saw the U/I when i start the machine, how do i navigate the menu inside XBOX One, how do i strictly filter Age Rating by setting on Teen as Maximum age, how do i add fund on Xbox One online shop.

About XBOX One, after i did long search from playasia, i can ONLY get THREE games also.
1. The Sims 4
2. Portal Knights
3. Disneyland Adventures

And when i compared between my latest PS4 games with my XBOX One games list, it made me think BOTH of them were REALLY Useless. But, since i have TWO Same games from PS4 to XBOX One (The Sims 4 & Portal Knights), actually i can Straightly SOLD my PS4 and All my remaining PS4 games, even that's means i have to Sacrifice Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD PS4 version. But, once i got the XBOX One, i can still play The Sims 4 on console while waiting the possibility The Sims on Switch (Even IF The Sims 4 will be on Switch, i still keep The Sims 4 Xbox One version due to my Neutralness about Microsoft now).

And about Kingdom Hearts games, lately i lost my Hype to replay again since i have Ever played the PS2 version long time ago and judging from my last experiences and the trends behind Kingdom Hearts spin offs, i was thinking Kingdom Hearts became boring and worthless since Tetsuya Nomura keep extended the storyline by different spinoffs and finally it might be ended on Kingdom Hearts 3. And to anticipate Kingdom Hearts 3, judging from KH3 latest trailer, i could assume if KH3 was More Lively than KH1 & KH2 (Two previous KH was Too Empty and Soulless). But, since i caught Tetsuya Nomura habits when making "Never Ending Story" style games like Kingdom Hearts, i doubt i can enjoy Kingdom Hearts 3 that will be on Xbox One too as Replacement of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 if i don't have any Hype from KH1 & KH2 anymore.

To jump out from PS4 brand to XBOX One brand , for me it's like an Explicit Betrayal against Sony, since Sony got my nerves even more from their PS4 reputation. But, to think that i will enjoy in XBOX brand, i still have some Pro & Contra between PS4 & Xbox One. Here are my thoughts :
1. From Aesthetic aspect, i like Blue box case of PS4 since i like Blue color, but XBOX One box case is green and i'm not relally interested with Green box case.
2. Xbox One have FEWER games than PS4 due to More Western games, fewer games made by Japanese developers, but XBOX One still have TWO Best games for me that also on PS4.
3. I heard XBOX One MUST be connected with Online connection or i can't play Xbox One games by Offline. Is that correct ? Or i was wrong ?
4. Xbox One still have Partial Backward Compatible with Xbox 360 & Old Xbox games, unfortunately the Backward games are Mostly rated 18+ games that i hate most. PS4 doesn't even have any Backward compatibles.
5. I was concerning the Internet speed in Indonesia when connected with Microsoft server in America. Will it slowdowned a lot when i have to download the DLCs & Expansion Packs for The Sims 4 ?

And to think again about my efforts to find The Sims 4 PS4 version region USA, I had spent a lot of money to buy PS4 Slim White as my favorite color & i have to wait patiently until got the game.

So.....
Do you think i should keep my PS4 Slim with All my remaining PS4 games but still Overshadowed by Sony brand ?
Or should i jump from PS4 to Xbox One since this is the chance for me to "backstab" Sony by stop supporting PS4 and start to join in Xbox brand ?

And if i choose to replace my PS4 Slim White with XBOX One Slim White, i could expand my Xbox games by considering Xbox 360 since it has Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution (Dance Dance Reviolution Universe 1, 2 & 3) as my favorite games + Kinect games + some games that also released on PS3 such as : The Sims 3 Pets,
Final Fantasy XIII, London 2012, Little League World series Baseball 2010, F1 Race Stars.

Please help me to find a right decision since i had written some Top 10 Xbox 360 games & Top 3 Xbox One games on my buy list.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

redd214

@Anti-Matter as many times as you called the Xbox and clown system and talk crap about Microsoft hahaha! I guess we all can change

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

Anti-Matter

@redd214
Yeah, sorry about my insults about Xbox Brands last time.

Now, i'm thinking to jump out from PS4 to XBOX One since Sony got my nerves even more. And, you know why i want to join in Xbox One ? Because i can play The Sims 4 by supporting BOTH EA & Microsoft by buying the DLCs & Expansion packs from EA (Give money to EA) & buy Xbox One to play The Sims 4 (Give money to Microsoft).

And..... actually i admit if Xbox One & Xbox 360 controllers are looked like Super Famicom 4 colored buttons.

And of course, i still play Appropriate / Kiddie games on Xbox machines.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

redd214

@Anti-Matter no need to apologize to me man, it's just video games really not that serious

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

DarthNocturnal

@Anti-Matter

I feel you could have condensed your post a bit. You've got genuine questions alongside ramblings of “betrayal“ (which Sony couldn't care less about).

To answer a few:

• In Settings, you can go to the “Account“ tab and then “Content Restrictions“ to adjust that. It can go as low as 3 or as high as 18, and every age in between. And it seems to apply to all content; games, movies, etc.
  • You can play offline. If your connection is questionable, you can switch to an offline mode, which will prevent it from constantly trying to connect.
  • Trying to connect to North American servers from Indonesia isn't going to help your speed. On any platform.

Also, if you're looking into some more games, look up Super Lucky's Tale. I think it may be to your liking.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic