Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 11,914

TysonOfTime

Sony_70 wrote:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

The no used games thing is going to hurt the Xbox One on some level. Renting games have been around since the olden days of NES. Used games have helped popularize many games, why is this a problem now? By that standard Gamefly and GameStop shouldn't exist. When I buy a product, as long as I am not copying it, I should be able to do whatever I want. That includes lending it to my friend.

It would only hurt Gamefly. GameStop is going to be one of the few places where we can trade in games. I don't think it will hurt as much as people think since nothing will be changing that much on a consumer level. The once a 24 hour online check is going to much more damage in the long run.

Won't small, not-chain used game stores be burned by the Xbone as well?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Therad

Sony_70 wrote:

Trainer_DJ wrote:

The no used games thing is going to hurt the Xbox One on some level. Renting games have been around since the olden days of NES. Used games have helped popularize many games, why is this a problem now? By that standard Gamefly and GameStop shouldn't exist. When I buy a product, as long as I am not copying it, I should be able to do whatever I want. That includes lending it to my friend.

It would only hurt Gamefly. GameStop is going to be one of the few places where we can trade in games. I don't think it will hurt as much as people think since nothing will be changing that much on a consumer level. The once a 24 hour online check is going to much more damage in the long run.

Consumers who sell games will probably get less for their games and/or consumers who buys used games will see a rise in price. The lending part will be pretty bad though. Not being able to lend a game to a friend when I gotten tired of it? It really feels like a nickel-and-diming scheme.

@TysonOfTime Yes, it will probably kill off a couple of the smaller stores.

Therad

Therad

Most people will probably not feel the effects of the phone home requirement. Those that do will be pissed, but they will be a small minority. Well, unless their servers goes down...

But the most "evil" part of this is that all your bought game will in the future be unplayable. Whenever they feel like turning off the servers, you can no longer play any game you bought.

Therad

shingi_70

Yeah mom and pop store will probably die, was just thinking on the renting business. These are dark time s were heading toward and I have little faith the main consumer cares enough to boycott the system. Microsoft is going to use next gen Kinect, a to f first and third party exclusives, plus a giant marketing budget to get thiss thing to be successful.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Peach64

So it looks like Mirror's Edge 2 is happening. Not only was there the recent Amazon listings but a help page went up for it on the EA website and was quickly pulled. If this does end up an Xbox One exclusive I'll definitely be getting the console eventually.

Peach64

shingi_70

Current rumor is that its a bayonetta 2 situation. A cult title that wouldn't have been made with out one of the big three publishing. It's also rumored to use longest in some form.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

The cover to quantum break.

Untitled

WAT!

Chrono_Cross

Every time you post a video, gif, or image instead of an actual reply, I have this urge to recommend making a personal blog.

Hey, you should make a personal blog!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

shingi_70

Never watched Quantum Leap, was always a sliders man myself.

Blog Post o designing the Xbox one from the Xbox news site

WAT!

kkslider5552000

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Every time you post a video, gif, or image instead of an actual reply, I have this urge to recommend making a personal blog.

Hey, you should make a personal blog!

Untitled

COMPROMISE

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snagrio

Based on articles and videos I've seen recently, I now sincerely hope the Xbone tanks.

Seriously, the big brother stuff going on with the Kinect 2.0 is downright scary.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

DGGames

The used games part has been overblown with false information completely out of proportion.

Yes you will be able to play your games elsewhere, no different than the way the Xbox 360 works
Nothing has been confirmed about lending games but its been said you will be able to as well.
Used games fees will be paid by the store, not the consumer. That simply means GameStop will be forced to share some of its profit from used games with the developers of said games, which is just fair.

Also I love how idiots are scared / hating the "big brother stuff" but use Google on a daily basis. Did you know google has gone as far as infecting computers with malware and exploiting vulnerabilities in software to track your every move and that going to google means your entire browsing session will be logged and that using chrome also dials back to big brother and tells them everything you do? That's way more intrusive than Kinect compiling anonymous information to make it better.

Game developer and gamer.

Jaz007

Source for GameStop paying, also, how will I buy a used game off eBay or from a friend?

Jaz007

Therad

Also give a source on the google stuff. Accusing them of infecting comps with malware is a pretty serious accusation. Oh, and even if they did, why would that give ms a free pass?

When it comes to the big brother stuff, it is all about how and what they will store on servers. Servers can be hacked and spread sensitive information. If they only store things locally it is not a huge problem. But if they start to store video on the internet then it is much more serious. Quite frankly, we need more info on this issue.

And they have already confirmed that you must be logged in at your friend to be able to play a game you bought. From this we can assume that we will not be able to lend games.

Also, what happens with the authentication servers when xone goes end of life? Will we lose the ability to play old games despite being paying customers?

Therad

Midnight3DS

Yeah, this popped up the same time as Xbox One reveal, which I called X1 for short. This is amusing, as I didn't know of this until today. This is Comcast legit. Directly going to compete with the One, for the TV crowd, which Microsoft is banking on.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

the_shpydar

DGGames wrote:

Used games fees will be paid by the store, not the consumer.

And surely the stores would never pass those extra fees on to the consumer. I'm sure they will benevolently absorb the drastic hit to their profit margin.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

Midnight3DS wrote:

Yeah, this popped up the same time as Xbox One reveal, which I called X1 for short. This is amusing, as I didn't know of this until today. This is Comcast legit. Directly going to compete with the One, for the TV crowd, which Microsoft is banking on.

But it can't play games . The whole hook of One is that it can do everything.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic