Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 4,561 to 4,580 of 11,903

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal Interesting... So it's simply that you don't want to get involved in arguments, but you are doing very well, you post your opinions not expecting everybody to agree and you politely disagree when needed and even explain when something is not understood. We all are different but you have earned my respect and I'm sure that many more people's.

@ThanosReXXX I must have skipped some of the wall texts as usually. :S

I like learning history but I don't expect everything to be accurate because it also depends on who is telling what so I always use a pinch of salt and I can't take everything too seriously. That's something I learned at university when each teacher had a different concept of everything.

Banjo-

Matthew010

Does Horizon 4 have that trailer theme from E3?

Matthew010

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama So the larger follow-up is, I really like Ryse Creed: Breath of the Odyssey. Its weird to me....it's interesting....it's different but familiar. The core game is a sequel of Origins so if you like origins you like it more or less. The game is beautiful. I mentioned me gripe about the frame rate....it's really not "bad" many wouldn't even notice....it just bugs me when I see those 20-25 dips because I'm not used to them anymore. But they're mostly in cutscenes/dialog-scenes, not in actual free-roam/combat. I like what they did with the world. It presented me 5 difficulty settings, all referencing RPGs and understanding equips and skill trees: Awesome. Then it gave me a second option I didn't expect: "Traditional navigation" which puts markers on the map and updated objectives etc like a typical Ubi game, or "exploration mode" which does not and you understand the world through exploration and it notes this is the way the game is meant to be played. I didn't quite understand what they meant at first until I started walking around. You get to choose to play it in UbiSandbox mode or in Breath of the Assassin mode. It's an all out clone of BoTW more or less, and that's not a bad thing at all. Minimal interface and hand holding and you just explore (it does still have markers on the radar for nearby objectives/quest givers etc, but nothing on the main map other than viewpoints. ) You can finally mine ore in caves and not have to repeatedly raid carts over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Finally. Ok, the first Achievement is "This is Sparta!" and that aptly describes the Leonidas intro battle. It ends fast and you can move on with fun things from there But the BotW ish ness is cool. There's a sunken cave near the start to show you the idea that caves are indeed a thing you will stumble into with treasures inside. There's quest givers scattered along the path. Dialog is stilted and one dimensional, no gender choice can save that....don't expect Cdr. Sheppard's poetic soliloquies....these dialog trees don't quite reach those lofty heights ( /sarc ). Also, it turns out the gender choice won't be a problem. I played Alexios. I like Alexios. Men will want to spend 100 hours wanting to be Alexios. Women will want to spend 100 hours wanting Alexios. No straight woman will ever not choose Alexios, guaranteed. I'm straight and I can admit the guy's hot. This game is Senran Kagura for straight gals. Remember the Treehouse ladies' reaction to Shirtless Link? I bet I know what is being Switch streamed in the Treehouse this week..... And for you there's Kass and endless hours of backstory you can make of head-canon. One in which she was abandoned as Alexios was fawned over by nearly everyone and seeks revenge on society one hidden blade strike at a time. Problem solved. (Not trying to make light of your viewpoints, but I played it and that popped into my head so I'm running with it

@ThanosRexx ahh, I was wondering where the mad titan had got to yesterday!
EarthLock: Not so much that it grew on me so much as I now have a hope of actually playing it on Switch.... I bought it on impulse when I saw it on X1 sale after you recommended it and then like 5 hours later discovered it was on Switch which is where any long RPG is ideal for me. I wasn't going to double dip full price but since it ended up on sale on Switch too, that was as good a chance as any! It'll fill my Xenoblade void when I beat the Torna DLC probably this week. (Though I do want to play Undertale as well having heard so much about it.) Forza and (maybe? )Destiny ill dominate my X1 time until I get back to AC: Origins.

Nice game list! Well Art Academy looked cool but I'm not artistic (at all) so I never bothered. I love Lego City. Played it on WiiU, re-bought it on Switch, and just last week re-bought it on an X1 sale digitally. It's a love letter to every 70's and 80's cop show/movie ever. I want to play that game at least every other year forever It's timeless, and a stroll down memory lane. You wouldn't think Legos would do that, but it does.

FAST is awesome, and I liked SF0, critics be darned. Think of it as a sit-down arcade cabinet and you're golden.

FH4: It's such a hard call, it really is. The visuals take a much bigger hit than I like to pretend to think in performance mode, even on a 1080 screen. Particularly the foliage. And there's a lot of beautiful foliage. And bad foliage is a pet peeve of mine. I bought AC: Origins on X1X after already owning it on PS4Pro specifically because the shrubs.... Bad looking foliage just bothers me, maybe because I like looking at real foliage in detail (and used to do a lot of landscape photography where CA and blown highlights on foliage are things you examine with microscopes ) It's not just foliage, but that bugs me most. Draw distance is reduced, and some pretty low rez textures are used in places. That's not to say it looks bad specifically but it's a more than subtle dip. I'd say it looks maybe like FH2 on X1(OG) but at 60FPS. Which isn't to say it looks bad, but it also doesn't compare to the feast for the eyes that is full quality. I wish I could toggle on the fly without restarting like you can switch to OG or remastered Halo in MCC with the View button.

You're 100% right that in races you do not notice at all. If I were just racing I'd be 60fps-only. I'm looking mostly at the blue line anyway and don't see the visuals. But this is Horizon.....just bombing around looking at the vistas is half the game.....and 30fps with full quality makes that so much more rewarding, and you don't really notice the framerate at all while taking in the landscapes.

The catch of course is the series has always been 30fps so you're not losing anything and only gaining in quality mode compared to previous games in the series. So it almost makes 30fps mode a no brainer: Same great gameplay, better physics even more picturesque locale. What's to lose?

But dang those races are so fast and smooth at 60fps.....

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX @NEStalgia Aww Geez I'll respond to you both tonight. Work is super busy. Especially you Thanos...I skimmed what you wrote but I think you and I are not talking about the same thing.

Also NES, nah I just think Nocchi is cute and expressive. My I'm ticked off avatar is the one where Kashiyuka is smashing a jenga tower...I have one with A-chan giving the middle finger but im afraid that will get me banned. lolol

@DarthNocturnal Most of the resident text wallers don't get angry. I try not to hijack a thread too much.

@BlueOcean I wasn't arguing history vs gender parity at all.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula You don't have to be a hoarder, really. File sizes on X are almost twice as big as on a regular Xbox One, if you include the 4K textures, so that's one thing, and even if you don't collect ALL of the free games on Games with Gold (assuming you've got an active Xbox Live subscription), then it will STILL be quite easy to fill that internal hard drive within the space of a year, seeing as you're offered 48 games a year, and no one is going to tell me that they won't be interested in at least a percentage of those 48 games.

But on the other hand: I know that a lot of people remove games from their hard drive, once they've finished them or have lost interest in playing them, so that way, you can exchange one game for another, which makes it possible to get by without extra hard drive space.

I personally don't do that, because sometimes I replay games, so I wouldn't want to have to reinstall them every time, but that's just me. Maybe I'm somewhat of a hoarder in that respect, then...

@BlueOcean Yeah, teachers can do that sometimes. I call that taking creative liberty with facts. But on the other hand, it's just natural for people to interpret things in their own way, much like when you read a book and even if the characters are elaborately described in the book, you'll still have your own idea of how they look.

As for history in games, I think it's easiest to explain by an example that relates to myself: I simply LOVE ancient myths and legends. My favorite ones are the Greek myths, but I also like the Roman, Nordic and Egyptian ones, and I know a lot of these stories by heart. So for me, a game needs to at the very least adhere to the origins of these stories for the most part. A bit of embellishment/romanticizing of the story is fine by me, as long as the core story line stays intact, and things aren't taken out of proportion in a negative way.

One of my favorite games of all time based upon Greek mythology, is Rise of the Argonauts, a last gen game that came out on both Xbox 360 and PS3, as well as on PC. It stays true to the story, and just adds bits and pieces here and there, to make the gameplay a bit more cohesive and tasteful (and perhaps even more complete) for a modern audience, if you get what I'm trying to say.

On a side note: if you also enjoy Greek mythology, then I can easily recommend this game, even though it is a last gen title. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that for fans of the genre, it is pretty much a must-have.

@NEStalgia So... I'm gone for one day, and you're already misspelling my avatar name? Tsss....

As for those Wii U games: so, you think Star Fox Zero is fine, but deftly side-stepped having to mention Mario Tennis Ultra Smash. I wonder if that was just an oversight on your part, or if I should draw some conclusions from that...

FAST Racing Neo is indeed great, but I do miss an options screen, or I must have overlooked it.

Art Academy is an absolute steal at €5, and I actually really enjoyed it. I did the first tutorial, which involved making a drawing of a tomato (yes, you read that right) with pastel crayons. It was very relaxing to do, so I could easily recommend this game to anyone with a Wii U, and an interest in drawing, or even to people who already draw, such as myself.

There's one little downside, though: the game was also intended to be connected to/geared towards Miiverse, and Miiverse being discontinued causes the game to freeze at times (I've experienced that once so far), unless you disable a certain option in the menu that has to do with Miiverse. I only found out about that after Googling, seeing as I was too late in the game to ever be able to extensively use Miiverse...

Back to Xbox...

So, FH4 in 60fps mode looks like FH2? If we're talking about the Xbox One version, then that's still pretty darn beautiful in my opinion. Heck, I'm still enjoying the beauty of FH3, so if it remains at that level, I'm more than happy. Couldn't care less about the details of the foliage, so that's either a WAY to big pet peeve or an OCD thing on your part.

In an RPG or other game where you walk around in the world and can get real close to trees and so on,
I would understand that more, or at least to some extent, but in a racing game? Nah... of no importance whatsoever. If a racing game is drawing the player's attention to those things, then it's doing something wrong, or the player is focusing on the wrong thing in the wrong game.

But I can definitely see going back from max settings to the lesser ones being a less than subtle experience, so not wanting to go back once you've played with those settings, is something that I can completely understand.

However, Forza Horizon has always been and felt fast enough for me, so personally, I'd have no issues with not having a 60fps mode in it, regardless of how great or how smooth it feels, seeing as I've always been a fan of the series already, and I've never missed it, nor can I say that I've ever missed a sense of speed in the games.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama I'll await your reply with bated breath, ma'am...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Octane

@NEStalgia It's good to know Ubisoft tried something different with Odyssey. I want to play Origins before the new one, as it feels like a soft reboot for the franchise (crazy what a year off can do for Assassin's Creed ). Anyway, I don't think I'll get to Odyssey this year, as I have a half finished playthrough of Nier: Automata, and I started Ratchet & Clank before I got sidetracked by Spider-Man.

Octane

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX BTW, fair's fair, and I've bashed bad months of GwG's freebies, but as bad as some of them have been, few have ever been quite so bad as this month's PS+ freebies:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-PSPLU...

That's a giant middle finger for $6 I guess that's the price of adding Cross-Play for Fortnite (and only Fortnite? )

Haha, no, I just never played Ultra Smash so I can't comment I have Aces on Switch which is apparently very grounded in Ultra Smash, and it's quite fun, however frustratingly limited in that tournament play, the main online mode, only features one court, and I was under the impression that all the game's courts would be available for it. Unfortunately only the stadium is in tournament, and the other courts are just for single games but I never played the source material. I also never played Devil's Third. I was interested in it, but then I think I was inundated with other priority titles when it came out, and with the mixed reception and nearing end of WiiU I just put that money into Switch instead.

Aww, that's sad that WiiU games are already experiencing issues with the loss of online features. I'm glad it doesn't fully break it though!

FH4: Well it looks more like 2 on X1, maybe worse in spots, 3 definitely looks closer to 4 than it does to 2 IMO, so 60fps mode is a downgrade from 3 IMO. But an upgrade in that it's 60fps. But it depends on how you play. If you don't care about the scenery much, you'd enjoy 60fps. If you love looking at the world as you cruise through it, it's a definite tradeoff of what's so great about the game. Of course you don't have an X so you get 30fps of graphics that I imagine are a reduced version of the X1 quality mode, but not as reduced as the X1 60fps mode. As such I suspect on the S it will be prettier than 3 while 60fps X1 mode is technically uglier than 3, but smoother.

Who said you don't get close to trees in Forza??!? I like to get reeeeeeaal close to those trees....yup...I'm a tree hugger at 110MPH..... If this were NFS or Motorsport I'd agree that the details of the landscape don't matter. But this is Horizon. Playground calls it "a celebration of cars on the open road". The sight seeing matters in this game Not during races. Not at all. But fixating on races is what Motorsport is for. The sunday drive is what Horizon is for It's kind of a "CarPG" (see what I did there?)

But yeah, if I hadn't seen the full settings it would be one thing, but you start out with full settings and if you back it off after looking at that beauty it's like "what just happened?" OTOH after backing off from 60fps the same kind of reaction happens.

But yeah, like you say the game's always felt fine as-is, so 30fps mode isn't really losing anything at all and gains quite a bit in visuals. It's just that 60fps mode adds its own thing. Both modes are excellent for their own reasons (then of course there's PC that can do both......the MS store tells me I can install on my Surface Pro......something tells me that can't do both )

BTW on the Scarlett convo, MS has proved it has no forward hardware strategy at all, so a shrug is all I give. Surface Pro 4 became Surface Pro (2017) and a statement that they have the right design and are leaving numbers behind. There will be a 5 someday when they feel there's a more significant change to the form factor than just a CPU update. So yesterday I get an email, the all new Surface Pro 6. It features a new 8th gen CPU. And that's really all. So we went from Pro 4 to no more numbers until a 5 comes out with big updates, and then the very next year they skip 5 and do a 6 and it's just a CPU update. What MS says they intend to do, and what they actually do don't really line up much at all.

My bet now: Scarlett is actually a purple X1X with an all new streaming client.

@Octane Yeah I still have to finish Origins first as well....also a really good game, I'm about half way through. But I just had to try the new one....Origins first, definitely, Odyssey builds on what Origins started. I mean heck it went from an action-platformer to an action-adventure to a full blown RPG....I never expected AC would be competing with Skyrim and Witcher one day. Nier, FFXV, Spidey, the backlog is endless.....not a terrible problem to have

NEStalgia

DarkRula

@ThanosReXXX That's exactly what I meant. I remove games when I have no use for them. And even though I've claimed a fair few games through Gold, at least a half of them haven't even been played and at least a half of those haven't even touched my hard drive.
And I'm being extra careful with space with the X. Which is why GTA V is definitely not being downloaded again. That'll stay where I've made the most progress [on PC].

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia One last sidestep into Wii U territory: Devil's Third is actually more enjoyable than I thought it would be. The controls are a bit clunky at times, and the graphics also have varying degrees, in that they range from average looking to being pretty good, especially some character models, but all in all, it's well worth what I paid for it, and the finishing moves of your character are hilarious, so if you ever come across it for ten bucks or less, just get it.

Even if that means it's going to sit in a foil wrapper on your shelf for the next 12 months after you've bought it, due to any backlog that you might have...

I thought you stepped over Mario Tennis because of the backlash that the game got, but according to our favorite site here, the game is still worth it for the single player and couch co-op, except not at full retail price. So, for what I paid for it, it's fully worth it then, and then some...

So, back to the box again: I guess FH4 being ugly is more of a taste thing, then. Other than the first Horizon game, which looks simplistic in comparison with 4, but also with 3, and the Xbox One version of 2, I don't think the difference is so harrowing as you seem to feel like.

I played the FH4 demo, and of course I have no 60fps mode in that demo to compare with, but if the graphics go back to FH2 level when using the 60fps mode, then that would still be beautiful to me. Not as beautiful as the game on full settings, obviously, but still... Most certainly not nearly bad enough for me to ever consider calling it ugly.

By the way: if you are getting up close to trees in Forza Horizon, then you're either trading paint, or full-on slamming into trees, and that could surely never be the purpose of a racing sim, unless you want to play it as a crash test dummy...

Concerning Scarlett, I really don't think we can compare the whole Surface Pro handling, or debacle as it will probably feel to you, to the Xbox department, which although very much a part of Microsoft, is most definitely its own beast, and Phil Spencer has so far been the one person in the industry that is both a decent figurehead, and also one that spouts the least amount of BS while being that, so even though I pretty much don't take anyone up on their word, unless they prove it, I tend to at the very least give him the benefit of the doubt, so I don't see them doing a Surface Pro treatment on their Xbox line at all.

In short: the premium version of the Xbox Two, or whatever it is going to be called, is going to be an absolute beast, that will at the very least hit 8TFlops, and the hardware will be fully local (local as in not a half-empty streaming box doing literally all computing online/on a server). And next to that, they might have another entry level model, much like they do now.

Or perhaps it's going to be premium or bust, and in that case, maybe, juuuuussst maybe, I could actually see the whole current gen Xbox One's become streaming boxes thing, that you suggested. But ONLY in that scenario, so don't you be getting any ideas that I'm fully agreeing with you, now...

ThanosReXXX

@DarkRula Sounds like sound logic to me, and I can relate to games not, or not yet touching the hard drive.
But part of that, depends (besides personal taste in games) on whether or not you only have an Xbox One or also still an Xbox 360.

I never trade in or throw away any of my consoles or handhelds, so I still have the Xbox 360 hooked up as well, especially since not all games are backward compatible, so that would be a waste of a lot of games that I still own, and I usually only install 360 games on the Xbox One that really offer more than just a minor improvement, so if for example, the graphics are only moderately cleaned up, I'd rather just play it on the original console.

So, currently, I've got a total of 97 Xbox 360 titles on my Xbox One's "Ready to install" list, but I'll never install them on there, either because I already installed them on their own console, or because I still own the disc versions of these games.

I did install a couple of my Xbox 360 favorites, though. Sometimes, it's just easier to play all of these games on one console...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX Thank you I'm not the only one that enjoyed devils third for what it is! Is it amazing? Not at all but its a decent game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

DarkRula

@ThanosReXXX I think the hard drive of my old One was fifty percent 360 games, all the Forzas, both EA Battlefronts along with both Pandemic Battlefronts, and Sonic Forces, GTA V, Yooka Laylee, and Sea of Thieves. I pretty much abandoned the 360 as soon as the One became a part of my collection, but I still felt a pull for the games on it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama I'm still amazed that anyone else on Earth ever actually played Wet That has to rank as one of the most obscure gems of games that technically isn't great but somehow is kind of amazing anyway.

And oh, yeah, I remember the "Jenga" avatar making an appearance around Switch launch when Sliggy was railing every day

@ThanosReXXX Oh I never said FH4 is ugly in performance mode, but it's very, IDK, average? While it's gorgeous in quality mode. Probably it fares better if you're not using a PC monitor. One big thing I've noticed is foliage becomes chunky/blobby, but worse is there's a very obvious alpha stippling effect on foliage and other objects (you could all it checker boarding in a way).....That was the old school way to do transparent surfaces in games. where you can actually see this sort of tiled grid effect to generate the sense of some trees there without actually rendering the trees. Same for some walls etc. Far away on a TV, your vision might not see that, but actual patterns in objects are very distracting at least up close. Also the cars themselves look very flat and plastic compared to the very detailed surfaces in 30fps mode. If you toggle back and forth it's a jarring loss going from "wow this is gorgeous" to "oh this is the launch game, right?" BUT...60fps.

I still feel like when I'm in a race, 60fps is what I want...the graphics don't matter at all. But when I'm riding around, I strongly miss the beautiful world if I don't have it. Maybe they'll do an MCC and patch in a way to toggle on the fly. That would be perfect. Switch to 60 before starting events, switch back to 30 while exploring.

Hey, if Ryu can play Skyrim with her excessively detailed backstory of the descendant of the Thalmor or whatever it was I can play with a crash test dummy backstory if I want to!!

(Thank goodness for rewind.....best feature ever. )

I like Phil, but I've always had the feeling that he'll say one thing and MS does something else. I have the impression he has a lot more authority on software decisions than on the OS or hardware where it's more "design by committee and agenda" at the top. XBox and Surface aren't so removed internally I think. And Surface demonstrating that MS just wildly changes last years strategy on a whim shows that hardware just rides the edge of their seats to suit the current need more than actually having long term plans.

Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro, Surface Pro 6. Then again counting has never been Microsoft's strong suit.
3, 3.1, 4, 95, 98, 2000, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.

Maybe I can officially call my Surface a Surface Pro 5 now instead of Surface Pro (2017)?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I still think that if it looks as good (or even slightly less) as Forza Horizon 3, then there's nothing to complain about, unless of course you keep switching back and forth between modes, making the difference all the more obvious.

But something that keeps coming back, is that you tend to notice, or rather take notice WAY too much, instead of just enjoying the game. You're always fiddling with sound and graphics, and that for me personally, is two steps too far. I just want to switch on the console and play the game. And I sit ten feet away from a 42 inch screen, which is still full HD, so I'm getting more than enough detail as is, but I don't choke or get a hissy-fit about a reed of grass looking too low-res, or asphalt textures looking flat instead of more textured...

I also can't imagine the cars looking THAT bad, as you described. They wouldn't go lower than what they've already previously achieved with the normal 30fps mode, so far as I'm concerned, the cars will look fine. Heck, I still enjoy the look of the cars in the original Forza Motorsports on OG Xbox as well...

Basically, I can't help but think that instead of just enjoying the game, you're putting things under the microscope way too much. The whole texture-dissecting belongs to the PC elite, so maybe you're still WAY too much in that mode.

A console is an as-is, plug & play device, that should not be judged or used in a similar fashion.
It's nice, or rather: handy that consoles are now coming closer to PC's architecture-wise, because it makes development and/or porting easier, but I wouldn't want a similar options menu layout as on the PC, because a lot of fiddling that you can do with game settings on a PC, would take the whole experience away from playing games on a console.

Oh, and we'll leave the checker-boarding to those other idiots...

As for Phil Spencer: I'll stick to my guns and my gut feelings here. He's like me: no ambiguity, saying what you mean, and meaning what you say. And he's a genuinely nice guy as well. A HUGE improvement upon Mattrick, and even on any previous managing director/marketing director that they've had.

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Yes it is, isn't it? In the beginning, I had some issues with some of the controls, that felt somewhat unnatural, and as previously mentioned, a bit clunky, but overall, I'm actually quite enjoying the game.

@DarkRula I'm more or less of the same mind (where it concerns still wanting to play my previous gen games), except for the fact that I always keep all of my consoles.
I like the convenience of being able to play my Xbox 360 games on my Xbox One, but the thing is that I have almost 200 Xbox 360 games, and right now, only around half of them are backward compatible.

And I'm not about to throw away the games that don't work, and of course, the compatibility list might still be expanded, or probably will be, but still...

Anyway, keeping my old consoles saves me from the insecurity of not knowing whether or not the games will run on the new console and/or from the to me decidedly horrible thought of having to sell my games...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Wait, aren't you the guy that spent the better part of six months selling me on "the most powerful console ever made" by sending me comparison videos between X and Pro and how significant the graphics differences were?! The X is all about dissecting textures and performance, otherwise I'd have stuck with the Pro

The stills here do a decent job showing you with a neat comparison (click the tile grid of thumbnails half way down):
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-forza-...

The big thing is the landscape takes on a kind of "watercolor" aesthetic instead of sharp, also ground terrain loses a lot of object density: This actually reduces the sense of speed despite being smoother. It makes it more "clinical" A good thing for winning races. A bad thing for enjoying the open freeride.

These images show the "watercolor" effect well but the checkerboarding thing I can't see in these screens/videos, but it's clear as day in the actual game running locally.

DF has a video below but honestly video is the wrong way to see it, because I find I look at the video differently than the real game. The parts the video shows is parts you're racing an not really paying attention to aesthetics. The parts you notice aesthetics is exploration you don't see in the videos so much.
https://www.digitalfoundry.net/2018-09-13-forza-horiz4k-forza...

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

Soundtrack is definitely something FH4 doesn't do as well as FH3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

At least their titling shows they understand what most people's problem is. No idea what's gone on so far.

I've only played KH1 and KH2 granted, but I don't remember what's happening.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

I think the compilation is actually adequate for newcomers. That's how I started playing the series.

I explained once why I think that the story of Kingdom Hearts is good.

I hope that they release the compilation for Xbox eventually.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic